Profile for askew37 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

askew37 RSS Feed

Fifty Shades Of Grey (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Fifty Shades Of Grey (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Price: $11.49

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm such a hypocrite, March 11, 2015
I hate absolutely everything about the 50 Shades of Grey books/movie and refuse to read/see them. Then one day I'm listening to the radio and I hear Love Me Like You Do and fall in love with that song. Lo and behold, when I look it up on Amazon, I see that it's on the 50 Shade of Grey soundtrack. And that there are a lot of good artists/songs as well. So, head hanging in shame, before I could talk myself out of it, I downloaded the album. It is good, very sexy music. I do love the version of Crazy in Love found here, as well as most of the other songs. The older songs (Beast of Burden and Witchcraft) are a bit jarring and out of place to me; I'm trying not to think about the context in which they may have been used in the movie. But overall it's good and you can enjoy the music separate from the movie/books (although you may cringe every time the picture of the album cover comes up on your MP3 player.).

Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book
Price: $6.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to any cookbook collection, January 8, 2015
The biographical section wasn't really my thing. It was interesting enough, but I got this for the recipes. As a cookbook, this is fantastic. I've tried a few recipes and they're pretty awesome, the brownies especially. There's lots of helpful details and hints and it's easy to follow.

Mahjongg Dimensions Deluxe [Download]
Mahjongg Dimensions Deluxe [Download]
Price: $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars not the game i was looking for, but good enough, February 26, 2014
I play dark dimensions on msn games, and thought this was the same one. It's not, but is fun enough to play. All the different power ups are interesting.

Magic Mike (DVD)
Magic Mike (DVD)
DVD ~ Channing Tatum
Price: $6.94
181 used & new from $0.04

4.0 out of 5 stars is the blu-ray worth it?, October 24, 2012
This review is from: Magic Mike (DVD) (DVD)
I loved the movie, for all the reasons everyone already listed (super hot man candy, sexy dance moves, acceptable plot), so I won't beat that dead horse. I just wanted to throw some info out there about the blu-ray extras.

* Extended Dance Scenes
This is the whole reason I bought the blu-ray combo pack. I was super excited when I first started playing it; I thought it was going to be an extended scene for every guy. Imagine my disappointment when it ended after only three.
Joseph Manganiello in gold body paint: That little gold thong has to be stuffed. There's no way it's that big. That would be scary.
Matt Bomer as Ken Doll: This was so great, it almost makes up for the lack of more extras.
Adam Rodriguez as Navy Man: Meh. This one didn't do much for me. It was a lot shorter than the others, he didn't interact much with the audience, and pretty much ran off stage after getting down to his thong.

* Dances Only Option
I forget what they actually called this option, but basically if you select this, it skips directly to all the dance sequences. I have a feeling I might wear this one out.

* The Making of Magic Mike
This was interesting if too short. You got to see some different parts of the dance sequences than were in either the movie or the extended scenes. Also the actors talking about the dancing, and some fun behind the scenes stuff.

That was really it for the extras. Kind of disappointing, but I like the movie enough that I don't care that much. And the blu-ray looked gorgeous on my TV, especially the Raining Men sequence.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2012 9:49 AM PST

Savor the Danger (Edge of Honor)
Savor the Danger (Edge of Honor)
by Lori Foster
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
136 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, July 5, 2011
I'll keep this brief since the plot has been covered by others. I really liked this book and the whole series so far. I know this is silly, but I like that there were cats in this and the 2nd book. It often seems like romance novels tend to go with dogs as the pet of choice. My only complaint with this book was Jackson constantly calling Alani "woman". That was annoying to me. But overall, the plot was good and suspenseful, the sex scenes were hot and plentiful, and the next book of the series was set up nicely without overwhelming this one.

Loose Ends (Steele Street)
Loose Ends (Steele Street)
by Tara Janzen
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
103 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars good finish to a great series, January 26, 2011
Coming from someone who has read the entire Crazy and Loose series, this was a very good, fast read and a great wrap to both series. Without giving a lot of the story away, here's what I took from it.

Pros:
* This really acknowledges JT's history with all the Steele Street characters and gives him a worthy, detailed story. It integrates a lot of the past characters nicely.
* Jane Linden was one of my favorite characters, so I really enjoyed her as the female lead.
* The sex scenes were hot, as always. I've always appreciated how TJ writes them without a lot of coy description but at the same time they're not distractingly dirty.
* There was not as much focus on the secondary love story, which I've had a problem with in the other books in these series. (I always felt that Skeeter and Dylan's love story got hijacked by Travis and Red Dog.)

Cons
* It seems like there was not as much sex in this one. Do you get the idea that I read these books for the sex? :-)
* I'm confused by the time lines in these stories. Maybe I'm just distracted by all the sex.
* SMALL SPOILER: The sudden history between Jane and JT was jarring, only in that I find it hard to believe that it was never mention before. Having said that, I did still like the flashbacks.
* If this is truly the last in the series, I'm disappointed that some characters were missing. On the other hand, it does make sense, because the focus was on the "original" chop shop boys.