Profile for Beabea > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 236

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Beabea RSS Feed (Chicago, Illinois USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
STP Oil Gas Logo Racing F1 Moto Gp Nascar Team Motorcycle Car Jacket Iron Patch
STP Oil Gas Logo Racing F1 Moto Gp Nascar Team Motorcycle Car Jacket Iron Patch
Offered by PW SHOP
Price: $4.95
4 used & new from $4.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Look RIght, March 2, 2015
The patch I received just doesn't look right. It differs from the picture in that the top and bottom are flat. It kind of has the shape of a 1/4 mile track. Also, it took a few weeks for this to arrive. If you want an authentic STP patch, then I would try something else. I paid five dollars with free shipping.

Arc International Arcoroc Specilaty Pub Rock Glass, 13-Ounce, Set of 12
Arc International Arcoroc Specilaty Pub Rock Glass, 13-Ounce, Set of 12
Price: $28.66
3 used & new from $25.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Glasses, February 28, 2015
I bought these for about three months ago, and I enjoy having them. They have a good feel to them, and they have held up well. The 12 glasses arrived packed well and undamaged. I only need about four for daily use so I stored away half of them knowing that I'll eventually break a few. We mostly use them for milk and juice, but I would also be comfortable serving mixed drinks in them. Overall, I am happy with these. I paid twenty eight dollars with free shipping. I also have the Arc 16oz pub glasses which I likewise enjoy.

Pinewood Derby Car Cambered Axles (X4) 1.5 Degree 100,000 Grit Optical Polish with Super Tuner
Offered by Derby Dust
Price: $35.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Axles, February 28, 2015
This is for four axles. I ended up buying three individual axles from Derby Dust since we were doing the raised 4th wheel strategy. This saved me a few dollars since they combined shipping.

As for the axles - my son and I read through the various things to do to have a competitive car. We were able to do on our own most of the steps, but we just didn't have the tools or ability to clean up the axles. Also, friends told us that canted wheels worked well. We likewise didn't have the tools to bend an axle. So, when I saw this, it seemed like a pretty good deal. I know that this is a lot for a pinewood derby car, but it's less than the cost for me to buy files, and sand paper and polishing compound and a tool to bend the axles. Even if I had all that stuff, I doubt that I could do as good of a job. These axles look great, It's nice that there is a slot on the nail head so you can twist them slightly to adjust your car if it pulls too much to one side. These shipped fast and they were packaged very securely.

Results - There were 48 cars in our derby and they raced four at a time. You could tell by the look of the cars that there were a number of high-tech cars. Our car won all four races, and we ended up with 2nd place in our den and 4th in the pack. We missed 3rd place in the pack by very, very little. My son wanted to make a car that was shaped to look like a NASCAR car, and it wasn't very aerodynamic. That said, he had fun making it. We got the weight close to 5oz, raised one wheel and used graphite. The cars that won were really streamlined and low. Our goal was to have a competitive car, and I think that these axles helped us do that.

Kiwi Classic 36 Inch Dress Laces - Black, Pack of 1
Kiwi Classic 36 Inch Dress Laces - Black, Pack of 1
Offered by 10dollarwholesale
Price: $6.99
2 used & new from $5.09

4.0 out of 5 stars OK Shoe Laces, February 28, 2015
This review is from: Kiwi Classic 36 Inch Dress Laces
You get two pair of black laces sized for shoes with 4 - 5 eyelets. I paid about seven dollars with free shipping. You can get them for about half of that at a local store. They work fine and fit my shoes well. I am giving them four stars because I bought these for my dress shoes and they have a cheap, twine-like feel to them. So far, they are holding up to every day use.

Bemis 1570SLOW 000 Slow Close Lift Off Flip Cap Elongated Closed Front Toilet Seat, White
Price: $52.17
6 used & new from $29.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Slow Close Seat, February 18, 2015
My kids are little, and they tend to slam the seat closed causing it to crack. I tried an all-plastic slow close seat and found it to feel to flimsy. It also was slightly smaller than standard. I switched to this, and it's working well. It has all the pros of a standard wood seat plus the benefit of the slow close. The slow close is working very well, and I anticipate that this will last a long time. I paid about forty dollars with free shipping. This is elongated version. The regular size is model 570Slow.

Triangle bulbs 4W LED Candelabra Light Bulbs Equivalent to 40W Incandescent Bulb the perfect chandelier led light bulbs, E12 Base Warm White 2700K, 400 Lumens,
Offered by saturn products
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Candelabra LED, February 17, 2015
I have been making the switch to LED bulbs and have been frustrated by the choices in candelabra style bulbs. So far, this is the best candelabra light bulb I have tried. In particular, I like that it disperses light in all directions whereas other bulbs I have tried are dark around the base. To me, it is brighter than the 40w incandescent bulbs I replaced. Also, it is almost a half inch taller than the incandescent bulbs. I recommend buying one to see if you like the look before in investing in multiple bulbs. Lastly, note that this bulb is listed as not dimmable.

Designer Flex Straws Ruby Red 50count
Designer Flex Straws Ruby Red 50count
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $6.95
3 used & new from $1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Red Straws, February 15, 2015
I needed red straws for a Valentine's Day party and couldn't find these at my local store. These worked well. The color is a nice red and they are pretty typical straws. I paid eight dollars including shipping.

Cree 60W Equivalent Soft White (2700K) A19 Dimmable 11W LED Light Bulb with 4FLOW Filament Design
Offered by Sentegration
Price: $9.99
11 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice LED Light Bulb, February 8, 2015
There is a dimmable and non-dimmable version of this bulb. The non-dimmable is slightly less expensive than this. I am using these in table top lamps and they are working great. They really are omni directional making them perfect for table lamps. Other LEDs I have tried in the past tended to project light in one direction like a flashlight. These disburse light in all directions like an incandescent bulb. These are the best LED 60w bulbs I have used.

Bemis 570SLOW 000 Slow Close Lift Off Flip Cap Round Closed Front Toilet Seat, White
Offered by Amplified E-store
Price: $48.10
5 used & new from $29.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Slow Close Seat, February 8, 2015
My kids are little, and they tend to slam the seat closed causing it to crack. I tried an all-plastic slow close seat and found it to feel to flimsy. It also was slightly smaller than standard. I switched to this, and it's working well. It has all the pros of a standard wood seat plus the benefit of the slow close. The slow close is working very well, and I anticipate that this will last a long time. I bought this at a big box hardware store and paid thirty dollars.

NASCAR Pinewood Derby Car Decals
NASCAR Pinewood Derby Car Decals
Offered by abcpinewood
Price: $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice NASCAR Stickers, January 11, 2015
You get exactly what's shown in the product photo. My son wanted his pinewood derby car to look like a NASCAR car, so he cut the car to that basic shape and tried to do a NASCAR type paintjob with acrylic paint. These stickers really made a difference in getting the look that he wanted. Also, so far that have stuck well to the paint. We paid about ten dollars for this including shipping. It's expensive for what you get, but worthwhile if you want to achieve that NASCAR look.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20