Profile for mama reads > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

mama reads RSS Feed (florida, usa)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Alta Artisan Unbleached Flour - Bulk 50 Pound Bag
Alta Artisan Unbleached Flour - Bulk 50 Pound Bag
Offered by Honeyville Food Products
Price: $42.99

5.0 out of 5 stars KIDS EAT CRUST: delicious artisan bread, awesome pizza, February 27, 2015
This flour is one of the best I've tried for baking artisan bread and pizza at home. I bake bread several times a week and find that buying 50 lbs on amazon is a better deal than anything I can get locally. So though I like to patronize local sellers, it's hard to beat the quality and cost of this product. I figure when my young kids eat crust, the flour's got to be good. Thank you.

Stetson Women's Red Dart Equestrian Boot,Tan/Red,9 B US
Stetson Women's Red Dart Equestrian Boot,Tan/Red,9 B US

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft, supple leather and delightful fit, but decorative stitching a bit sloppy--still I LOVE these boots, February 27, 2015
Straight out of the box these might just be the softest, supplest, most comfortable pair of boots I've ever bought. The leather smells and feels delightful and I wore them all day--busy day on my feet--the first day they arrived. The fit is excellent and there's no break-in period as needed with boots made of stiffer leather. Time will tell how this soft leather wears in use. I usually wear size 9 in womens and occasionally need a 9.5 if shoes run narrow as my feet are somewhat wide. These do not run narrow. The size 9 is perfect in length and comfy in the width and arch. The calf is wide enough to wear jeans tucked in even with muscular calves. They also look great with jeans over the top (but I don't wear those super tight skinny jeans). The brown leather is deep, rich and nicely complemented by the subtle flashes of red. My only complaint is that the stitching on the decoration is a bit sloppy. The edges along the decoration lift up and roll back in many spots giving the boot a more rugged, shaggy look. I didn't buy these as dress boots, so it's not a big deal, but the boots would be far more beautiful with better attention to detail in that stitching. That said, these boots are so comfortable one could sleep in them.

I took a chance buying these boots online because Amazon offered free shipping for returns and a low price. $99 including shipping is a better deal than most second hand boots. I would consider buying boots (or shoes) again with the same service and price point offered.

Crocs Hello Kitty Metal Jibbitz (Hello Kitty Heart Dangle)
Crocs Hello Kitty Metal Jibbitz (Hello Kitty Heart Dangle)
Offered by ShoeMall
Price: $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, nicely crafted and makes any croc a Hello Kitty croc, January 17, 2015
My daughter loves this jibbitz charm and I'm thrilled that she can still have Hello Kitty crocs even though her size is hard to find (just add this jibbitz to standard crocs!) The seller shipped this very fast--in time for Christmas. We'll see how it holds up over time.

Sanuk Men's Rasta Didgeridude Flip FlopOlive7 M US
Sanuk Men's Rasta Didgeridude Flip FlopOlive7 M US
Price: $30.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Narrow and a full size smaller than labeled, January 17, 2015
These flip flops are narrow and nearly a full size shorter than a men's size 7. I'm a woman, but I like men's flip flops because they're usually sturdier, and wider. A men's size 7 is usually a little too big, but with flip flops that works great. I wore my last pair of Reef brand daily for 3 years (not bad), but tried Sanuk because a friend swears they are more comfortable. Perhaps, but it sure is a pain to receive shoes I that are a full size too small. I was going to return these, but my husband, who wears a size 6 men's (try finding that!) found that this pair fit him perfectly.

Shin Sun Mi Korean Red Pepper Coarse Powder, 1.0 Pounds
Shin Sun Mi Korean Red Pepper Coarse Powder, 1.0 Pounds
Offered by H Mart
Price: $13.49
5 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars daikon's soul mate, November 14, 2014
Real Korean red pepper is essential for great kimchi. This brand is excellent--natural color, sublime flavor. I like to buy in bulk and refrigerate leftovers. My daikon crop has met its soul mate.

Free to Learn: Five Ideas for a Joyful Unschooling Life
Free to Learn: Five Ideas for a Joyful Unschooling Life
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars thoughtful ideas, clearly written, November 14, 2014
Pam Laricchia is such a thoughtful writer and her words will be useful for many readers to understand that unschooling isn't a method, but a perspective that one develops in response to one's own unique children and family.

Crosman Optimus .177 Claiber/1200 FPS Break Barrel Pellet Air Rifle with Hardwood Stock and Scope
Offered by DiatomaceousEarth
Price: $105.99
24 used & new from $105.99

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent rifle: solidly built, accurate, easily adjusted, November 14, 2014
My husband bought this pellet rifle to replace an older, less accurate model. Although it's a little heavy for our 7 yr old's target practice, it is otherwise an excellent rifle: solidly built, accurate, easily adjusted. We recommend this to friends.

Be Amazing Toys Big Bag Of Science
Be Amazing Toys Big Bag Of Science
Price: $30.19
59 used & new from $24.00

3.0 out of 5 stars If you want to play with disposable diapers and don't care why reactions occur..., November 14, 2014
We're big fans of do-it-at-home science and bought this for a class offered by another mom in our homeschooling network. At least half the experiments are based on chemicals used in disposable diapers. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but I was hoping for something that was a little closer to home. Baking soda or yeast, anyone?

The biggest problem is that while the kit offers lots of reactions there is little in the materials that addresses how and why various material properties cause those reactions. From now on we'll plan our experiments with ingredients found in our kitchen and workshop. This wasn't worth the money.

The Lion and the Bird
The Lion and the Bird
by Marianne Dubuc
Price: $13.84
62 used & new from $9.73

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful pictures & story, November 14, 2014
This review is from: The Lion and the Bird (Hardcover)
Beautifully illustrated, touching story. This is a favorite in our family.

EO Organic Deodorant Spray, Citrus, 4 Fluid Ounce
EO Organic Deodorant Spray, Citrus, 4 Fluid Ounce
Offered by AmericaRx
Price: $4.02
31 used & new from $4.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 14, 2014
This is my favorite deodorant. Sometimes I make my own, but I still prefer EO. Lavender is nice too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3