Profile for Mike Shea > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 44

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mike Shea "The Goob" RSS Feed (Huntingtown, MD USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Xikar Cigar Cutter Measures 3, Granite gray 200SL
Xikar Cigar Cutter Measures 3, Granite gray 200SL
Offered by EarthFair
Price: $32.31
10 used & new from $30.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Some of the best available. I own a lighter and a couple ..., September 30, 2014
I have high praise for Xikar products. Some of the best available. I own a lighter and a couple of cutters. This particular cutter is extremely sharp and makes a clean cut. When you make a cut you simply unlock it, cut, and it re-locks. Their guarantee is one of the few I've seen fully honored. I had a lighter go bad and was told to go to any store selling Xikar lighters and get a free replacement. The store I picked gladly accepted the bad lighter and gave me a credit on the retail price of the lighter towards any other Xikar lighter in the store. Nice! I could have also sent it back to them for replacement. If you smoke cigars, buy Xikar!

Kreepy Krauly or Baracuda G3 G4 48" Pool Cleaner Hose Aqua 8-PACK
Kreepy Krauly or Baracuda G3 G4 48" Pool Cleaner Hose Aqua 8-PACK
Offered by GPSPOOLSCOM
Price: $59.95
4 used & new from $58.99

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as original!, June 18, 2014
They are a little longer but work fine! Don't see any problem with them? Though, as stated, they are about a third longer than the originals. Which is a good thing to me because you don't need to buy as many to replace the same length as the originals.

Saucony Men's Kinvara 4 Running Shoe,Grey/Yellow/Black,11 M US
Saucony Men's Kinvara 4 Running Shoe,Grey/Yellow/Black,11 M US
Price: $71.33
8 used & new from $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice light weight, comfortable shoe!, June 18, 2014
I personally love them. Amazingly lightweight, can't say that enough. Seem durable so far. I've had them a couple of months now. I recommend.

Sweeney's 9012 Mole and Gopher Twin Pack Sonic Spikes
Sweeney's 9012 Mole and Gopher Twin Pack Sonic Spikes
Price: $19.94
40 used & new from $19.94

4.0 out of 5 stars No more moles do I have!, June 18, 2014
These things work fine for me in my garden! Four stars only because I reserve 5 for the things that I LOVE and think are just plain GREAT!! Not sure these fit that criteria? Had some that were a few years old and left them out in the garden over the winter. Well, that was the end of those. Moles were tearing up my lettuce so I finally ordered new ones and the lettuce problem went away. So for me, these things work as stated. I see from the reviews that some folks don't have the same success. I can only say that I recommend them based on my experience. I have 4 raised beds and put one in every other bed, no moles in the garden!

True Fabrications Double Hinged, Easy to Use, Restaurant Waiter Quality, Professional Compact Corkscrew with Foil Cutter - Stainless Steel
Offered by WineStuff
Price: $17.99
4 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice corkscrew!, March 19, 2014
Solid, heavy, attractive! Works just fine. The price point is quite surprising considering how nice this is made. You will not be disappointed.

AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR/DSLR Cameras and Accessories - Black
AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR/DSLR Cameras and Accessories - Black
Price: $29.99
11 used & new from $27.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Bag!, March 19, 2014
Okay so I looked at slings, backpacks, and bags. There are dozens if not hundreds of choices. It can get confusing the more you read. I liked the idea of the sling and came across this backpack. At first I didn't really want to go the backpack route but the difference isn't really HUGE. The biggest difference is being able to swing the sling and have access to the cam while still on you. I finally noodled through that this advantage was one I wouldn't use much, so backpacks became more of a focus. I kept seeing this bag pop up and started reading the reviews. There are a lot! I always have to read some of the bad reviews also but with a little skepticism because there are many bad, "Bad reviews" on Amazon. I loved the price point! I mean who wouldn't? I finally decided to buy it, figuring I could return it if I hated the thing. This is a really good bag!! If you are a professional photographer I don't think you are not going to be looking at this bag. I'm an amateur and this fits all my needs. Is it the coolest bag out there? I don't think so. It's "Basic".

This thing IS durable and holds two cam bodies and 3 lenses, my tripod, monopod, and ALL (batteries, cards, cables, etc, etc) the other stuff with room to spare. You can't do better for even 20-30 bucks in my opinion. Oh, this is almost a mirror image of the Canon backpack but without the "Steal Me" Canon name on it. Look like a regular backpack unless you have a tripod strapped to it. That sort of gives away you have a camera in there I think?

I personally like it very much and it serves my purpose quite well. As I get into using it more I'll update the review. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed in this bag? Possibly folks who want something sexier? Maybe?

I highly recommend it! Check out the video reviews on you tube dot com. They are quite helpful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2014 3:09 AM PDT

The OontZ Curve - Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Better Sound, Better Volume, Incredible Online Price - The Perfect Speaker for the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5, iPads, Samsung Smartphones, tablets, and all other smartphones (((Platinum Silver))
Offered by OontZ by Cambridge SoundWorks
Price: $64.99
4 used & new from $29.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice sound for an inexpensive speaker that you can hold in your hand., January 3, 2014
Lets face it, this speaker is inexpensive. It's small. It's not going to sound like your home theater system. Though it does sound nice. There is no real bass to speak of but it does pound out a nice sharp mid range and treble. The bass sounds are there just without that deep thump. That doesn't mean it's bad! You definitely need to try different EQ settings (most all devices you will be using have these settings), They make a big difference in output!! I will use this out on the patio, around the house when it's just me wanting some music. Not quite up to party standards in my opinion but for a few friends drinking a glass of wine it would probably work. I was able to compare this side by side with my son's Jawbone Jambox that he got for Christmas. Overall it compares well. It is not as full sounding, not as much depth. Certainly not as much bass. I know, I'm saying the Jambox is better, some have stated it is not. They are quite wrong IMHO, but for the money you won't be disappointed at all. It is hard to describe sound. It is so subjective to each persons taste. This speaker sounds very good. For the price you probably won't find a better speaker. Buy IT!
1/6/14 update:
I forgot to add that speakers need to "break in" before they put out their best sound. That can be anywhere from 10 to 20 hours of play. Keep that in mind. Also, I have found that, if possible, when you use this little gem place it about 4-5 inches from a wall or a corner is even better. This will amplify the bass output considerably. I'm also re-thinking the "party use" of this thing. A small party with most folks hanging in or around the kithchen (usually seems to be the way it happens at my place) is a good stting for this thing. It gets pretty loud!!

Polk Audio PSW505 12-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black)
Polk Audio PSW505 12-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black)
Offered by Exclusive Express
Price: $209.77
28 used & new from $146.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean bass, very nice, December 10, 2012
Only had this for a few days so I will need to update after it's broken in a bit. Though I wanted to say that right out of the box it has a very clean tight sound. My older sub that I replaced was a JBL 12 inch with a 150 watt amp. It was nice for movies but pretty poor for music.
This PSW505 took me a while to get set up well. I realize I'll probably need to adjust as it breaks in. As it stands now I like it very much. It is slightly more compact than the JBL and I like that. The sub performs nicely with music. The snap of the strings or drum is distinct. The LFE sounds for movies is crazy! It is very easy to overpower this sub and get too much bass. I tend to like it a little softer for music than movies which requires a change in the back volume knob. Minor inconvenience for me right now. I'm hoping this goes away as it loosens up during break-in. Not a deal breaker though.
I don't think most people will be disappointed with this sub, especially at this price point! It keeps rotating in price a bit. If you pay attention you will catch it under two hundred dollars.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P50U50 50-Inch 1080p Full HD Plasma TV (2012 Model)
Panasonic VIERA TC-P50U50 50-Inch 1080p Full HD Plasma TV (2012 Model)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best bargain priced TV's available, December 5, 2012
I bought this for my bedroom home theater. I have a much nicer and larger Samsung in my family room. When looking for a larger TV for the bedroom I only looked at Sammy's and Panny's. The best TV's on the market in my opinion. I prefer the plasma TV's, I just think they have a better picture. I didn't want to spend a fortune on a system that isn't used that much so looked at the lower end plasma TV's. It didn't take long to focus on this one.

There are good reviews of this TV all over the web. Now naturally these reviews consider the fact that this is an entry level/lower end TV. Without getting long and drawn out about features and tweakability (these have already been beaten like a dead horse here). It has a great picture! I have to say that it really does rival my sammy downstairs. I fully understand the things that it doesn't have when compared to the top models ( I'm kinda techie, read my other reviews) but I still contend that it has a beautiful picture and for most applications you will be happy.

If your location is somewhat bright with many windows in a position to reflect onto the screen you may want to reconsider this TV. It has a very glossy screen. Plasma TV's tend toward this glossiness anyway. Some of the better models have reduced the glare considerably to where it is a moot point. This one is glossy though. In my bedroom it isn't a problem, due to my window placement. A darker room or basement application may be better. With that said the glossy screen is about the only negative (that really isn't a negative in my opinion) I can think of.

Now this is a basic TV (not a negative either because you know this ), no network and associated apps (I use my Wi-Fi Bluray player for that), fairly basic picture controls (not bad and certainly good enough for 90% of the folks out there), only two HDMI inputs. That is something to consider. Although again I will say that out of the box with no tweaking at all it had a great picture and I am very satisfied with the TV, after all it is a Panasonic!! One of the cheapest great pictures out there. Read the CNET review. I bought this at Costco since it was cheaper but generally it is hard to beat Amazon. I've purchased two flat screens from Amazon and their delivery and customer service is Top Notch!!!

Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player
Offered by transbiz
10 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Blu-ray player!!, December 3, 2012
Don't know what the negatives reviews are all about? You really have to take some of these reviews with a grain of salt!

This BR player is very nice. It has a small footprint, very thin, which I like. Set-up was a breeze. The network features are flawless. Connected easily. Streams movies beautifully.

Loading time to play a BR disc is fast.

The remote is not too cluttered with buttons. Does everything you need and is easy to use.

Picture quality is perfect.

Couldn't be happier. Highly recommend!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5