Profile for agent8 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

agent8 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Optoma HD141X Full 3D 1080p 3000 Lumen DLP Home Theater Projector with MHL Enabled HDMI Port
Price: $599.00
39 used & new from $504.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Optoma, please do better, I want give you my money but..., December 20, 2014
I originally had the 131xe and I loved it. I sold it and thought this would be a good upgrade since it had more lumens and a higher contrast ratio. As soon as I hooked this up, I was very impressed with the picture quality without even having to calibrate it. There was a bit of difference between the 131xe and this. The biggest bummer is that they decided to move all the inputs to the side which was just stupid. The colors seemed a little better, contrast was noticeably better as well as brightness. The menu is clunky to navigate just like the 131xe. But, all in all, even with some ambient light, this projector rocked!
So why did I give it 2 stars? Well, as soon as a quiet scene came on, I heard the roar of the fan. It IS VERY NOTICEABLE! I read some other reviews, watched some youtube videos and all kinds of people said that the fan is quiet. The product page even calls it "whisper quiet". I called Optoma directly and the person stated that I should not hear the fan while watching a movie. I can hear this across my house.... I figured I just got a bad one, no big deal. I returned it for a replacement. And yes, I made sure it was not in high altitude mode and was in eco as well.
Second one came (packaged differently but better) and the fan was maybe a little quieter if at all. Optomas page claims that it is 26db in eco mode. I am guessing they take their readings a few hundred feet away because at just a coupe feet away, I am getting almost 40db with my sound meter. Fine, I suppose I will just crank up the sound and live with it. Except that as I was centering up the projector on it's bracket, I see that even from 10 feet away the bottom right hand corner is completely out of focus. I can't live with that issue too so I again called Optoma. The man that answered couldn't tell me anything about which projectors used what fans or what projectors had less focus issues. I threw out some other models and when I brought up the HD26, he told me that was a good projector and would probably work better for me. The HD-26 is pretty much the brick and mortar version of this only in white. I have been told by other people in forums that even though on paper they have different specs, they are essentially the same. I tried to get more info from this person from Optoma and he finally told me that they really didn't have too much information and that "these are all from overseas." The 2 returns and the lack of knowledge by Optoma was just too much. The store I bought it from only will do store credit and so I am researching trying to figure out my next move. I wish I would have kept the 131xe, that was one magic little box with far less issues. I already spent money on a blue-tooth 3-d emitter and glasses that utilizes the vesa port (3-d with that along with the projector is AWESOME!) and the throw of the overrated BenQ1070 as well as more noise and others are out of the question. So with all that, I can not recommend this projector at this time. Maybe they need to beef up their customer service and quality control and then I will change my mind.

ASUS MeMO Pad Smart ME301T-A1-BL 10.1-Inch 16 GB Tablet ( Blue )
ASUS MeMO Pad Smart ME301T-A1-BL 10.1-Inch 16 GB Tablet ( Blue )
16 used & new from $109.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A little dissapointed, December 16, 2014
Bought it refurbished and it was described as "refurbished as good as new". There was a small scratch on the screen. The worst part was the included charger. It was a cheap universal "igo" power supply with a super short cord. It would not charge. It was a gift and I didn't want to wait for a return so I ended up getting another charger to work. Wasn't worth the hassle of shipping the broken one back and have to pay almost as much as a charger just for shipping. What really pushed me over the edge was Asus customer service. I called to see if there was something that could be done and I was told that they warranty and help with the tablet only, not the charger. The charger is an integral part of a tablet working. The rep pretty much said "Not our problem" and that was it. I am waiting for something to happen within the return period so I can rage-ship it back. Some apps just seemed a little slow and the charging port already seems like it is going to be a problem. I should also mention that I already ordered this same tablet from another company and it arrived with a bad/loose port) I own a few Asus tablets (as well as mobos and other components) and they are usually pretty good. This just feels like they cut some corners I am basing my 3 stars on the product and support but I will say that it was not worth the hassle of buying refurbished.

GE Lighting 65421 Energy Smart LED 17-Watt (60-watt replacement) 820-Lumen PAR38 Floodlight Bulb with Medium Base, 1-Pack
Offered by ELECTRIC VOLTAGE
Price: $21.95
3 used & new from $21.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bulb, December 16, 2014
It works great. It's a light. Not much more to say. It was just bright enough, looks good and is still working...

Sylvania 1 GB Sport Style MP3 Player with Rubber Finish
Sylvania 1 GB Sport Style MP3 Player with Rubber Finish

2.0 out of 5 stars A turd that plays MP3s, December 16, 2014
Navigation sucks and it is a pain to make any changes. Too cheap to bother shipping back but I really hate this thing. The only good thing I can say about it is that the headphone connection is very sturdy and solid.

Suppion 5500 DPI 7 Button LED Optical USB Wired Gaming Mouse Mice for Pro Gamer
Suppion 5500 DPI 7 Button LED Optical USB Wired Gaming Mouse Mice for Pro Gamer
Offered by Suppion
Price: $7.90
10 used & new from $7.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too shabby!, December 16, 2014
I bought this on a whim to replace a dying Logitech MX518 that I loved. I wasn't expecting much for as cheap as it was but it's actually pretty good now that I have gotten used to it. The side buttons feel very cheap and I am not expecting them to last. The finger grooves took a bit to get used to and the colors are a bit much for my taste. Even with my computer on stand by, all the colors are slowly displayed but that may be an issue with my usb ports. Overall, for the price I paid, it has been awesome.

NC1 Syba COBRA 2.0 Stereo Headphones with Gold Plated 3.5mm Jack Connector, In-line Microphone, Compatible with Smartphones, PC, and Tablets WHITE and BLACK
Price: $54.00
8 used & new from $45.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good but not perfect, December 16, 2014
I wasn't expecting the quality to be as good but they fit nice. The sound however is lacking. I think there is too much "room" inside each of the cups and the sound gets a little muddy from bouncing around the empty space. If you push the cups together closer to your ears, they sound pretty good.

Fintie Folio Case for ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 ME302C / MeMO Pad Smart 10'' ME301T Tablet Slim Fit With Auto Sleep / Wake Function - Brown
Offered by Fintie
Price: $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit, December 16, 2014
Fits WAY loose and you have to shift it to access some of the buttons. Would not recommend or buy again mainly because of the fit. The cover closes crooked as well.

Amazon.com Gift Card with Greeting Card - $100 (Classic)
Amazon.com Gift Card with Greeting Card - $100 (Classic)
Price: $100.00

5.0 out of 5 stars SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, August 8, 2014
It was free. How could I not give this 5 stars!

Washed Canvas Ivy Cap BLACK One Size
Washed Canvas Ivy Cap BLACK One Size
Offered by EnimayStore
Price: $9.13
6 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a black hat..., August 8, 2014
This review is from: Washed Canvas Ivy Cap (Apparel)
It's exactly as I expected. Fits fine. Material seems good. It seems to magically attract cat hair but not a big deal. Would buy another if I was on a helicopter and the blade sucked it up and chopped it into pieces but hopefully, that won't happen.

VideoSecu LCD/DLP Projector Vaulted Ceiling Mount Bracket with 22.4-Inch Extension Pole - Black PJ2B 1C9
Offered by Warehouseseller
Price: $24.59
5 used & new from $22.03

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done, kinda., August 8, 2014
Well, this was suggested by someone else that had the Optoma 131Xe. I had read that all these "universal style" mounts had to be modified or augmented a little to get it to work with the 131Xe. It took me 20 minutes to figure out how to align the three holes. I would like to think that I am fairly intelligent but this thing had me scratching my head for a bit. I ended up taking out the adjustment arms and flipping them around and cutting one of the arms a little so I could center it up a little better. I don't really like how the arms are tightened on the projector but that's only partially because of this mount. I did like the hook where you could get the mounting done on the ceiling first and then take your time on the floor with the other part. The adjustment was a pain in the butt. It's one of those deals where you just try to get it as close as you can, tighten it all up and then nudge it till it's right. Not sure if this is gonna stay where I adjusted it because the weight of the projector is not fully centered. It can adjust many different ways which is neat but it feels like it is barely getting the job done. The adjustment seems a little sloppy but as long as it stays, I'll be happy.

Page: 1 | 2