Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Whippet Man > Reviews

Browse

Whippet Man's Profile

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Whippet Man RSS Feed (Durham, NC, US)

Page: 1 | 2
Distil Union Wally Bifold Slim Leather Wallets for Men - Money Clip, Credit Card Holder, Billfold (Ninja Black)
Offered by Distil Union
Price: $59.99
2 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Wallet Ever, August 21, 2015
Best wallet I've ever seen. I'm obsessive about minimizing what I have in my pockets. I hang my keys on a belt-loop. I would carry a money clip if it weren't so hard to keep organized. I used to buy those big wallets with the little credit card carriers and throw away the big part. I cringed a little at the price of this wallet but splurged in advance of a trip abroad. Best money I've ever spent on a wallet. The cash clip is secure, and the pull tabs are genius. I will never load this thing to the max. I generally carry quite a bit of cash. It isn't unusual for me to have a dozen bills. I also carry the equivalent of about 7 credit cards. Total thickness with this load is about 3/8". Not sure why one of the tabs is red. It's a little garish. One black and one gray would have been my choice. Note that if you carry this in a back pocket like me, it will do what all wallets do. It will get a little squidgy on the corners, and you will be able to see the imprint of the pull tabs and credit cards on the leather, like when you used to carry that circular shaped safety device in high school. For me, this is a tool and not a fashion statement so I expect it to show how it's being used and when it gets used up, I will buy another.

Cuisinart 77-7 Chef's Classic Stainless 7-Piece Cookware Set
Cuisinart 77-7 Chef's Classic Stainless 7-Piece Cookware Set
Price: Click here to see our price
23 used & new from $80.00

5.0 out of 5 stars These Do What They Do Well, August 21, 2015
I'm done with so-called high-end cookware. I threw a whole set of Earthpans in the trash when these arrived at my house. No, these are not non-stick, but neither are non-stick pans after a couple weeks. These won't pit like aluminum. These heat evenly and hold heat well. These are durable; like military grade durable. They probably won't keep their mirror finish, and they take some elbow grease to clean if you burn them, but they do come clean and will keep coming clean for years without leaching anything toxic into your food. Buy some Barkeepers Friend scouring powder (I wouldn't use anything else) and clean-up is a cinch. Sometimes simple is best. These may be the last pans I buy. Be aware that like any commercial pan, these are not designed to protect people from their own stupidity. The lids get hot. The small handles on the stockpot get hot. The long handles are long enough that they stay cool enough to touch, but still deserve respect. When you heat up metal, it gets hot. Trust me... you'll only need to be reminded once and then you'll remember to grab a towel.

YS Eco Bee Farms RAW HONEY - Raw, Unfiltered, Unpasteurized - Kosher (3 Lb (2 Pack))
Offered by Peak10 Health LLC
Price: $37.48
6 used & new from $35.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product at a Good Price, August 21, 2015
This is really good honey at a reasonable price. We use it primarily for homemade granola and energy bars. We give it a little zap in the microwave to make it easy to measure. Highly recommended.

3M Full Facepiece Reusable Respirator 6800, Respiratory Protection, Medium(Pack of 1)
Price: $111.48
53 used & new from $92.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Mask I've Used, August 21, 2015
I love this thing. It is my third mask, and my first full-face mask. I bought this for shooting lacquer in a booth. I never once detected the odor of solvent. It was super-secure and comfortable all day. Mine didn't fog even when used on a hot humid day. Get the shields. You don't want to be going after the lens with a solvent to remove overspray. Selecting cartridges can be a challenge. The 6001 Organic Vapor cartridge is what I chose for my application. It seemed to work perfectly.

Dynarex BZK Towelettes Case/1000
Dynarex BZK Towelettes Case/1000
Offered by Shoplet
Price: $19.54
15 used & new from $19.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent For a Quick Clean-up, August 21, 2015
We travel a lot and never leave home without our wipes. The moisture level is just right- wet without dripping. These do not have a strong odor. They dry quickly and without residue. I don't feel like they dry out my skin. We use them to help sanitize things other than our skin, too, like that nasty tray table on the airplane. Unlike hand sanitizer, these can be used to remove soil rather than smearing it about.

Spyraflo BFM-250-HT 2-Bolt Hole, Steel Flange with a 1/4" inch Inner-Diameter, Self-Aligning, High Performance PTFE Impregnated Bronze Bearing

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate and Made Well, August 21, 2015
Perfect, nicely machined and accurate. Just as described and worked where I needed it.

PORTER-CABLE 60084 Driver Maintenance Kit for PIN100
PORTER-CABLE 60084 Driver Maintenance Kit for PIN100
Offered by Buckeye Tool Supply
Price: $48.48
3 used & new from $48.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixed My Gun, August 21, 2015
My PC pin driver started getting fussy. Using more oil worked okay for a while, then no longer. I tried changing pin brands. No luck. Then it occurred to me that perhaps it needed to be repaired. I ordered this kit with some skepticism but figured if it worked I was golden and if it didn't, I wasn't out TOO much. It worked, like a charm. My pinner is a machine gun again. The instructions are, let's say, sparse. It took a little attention to detail, but everything fit perfectly and my problem was fixed. It's nice to be able to repair instead of replace in today's disposable culture.

Stanley 33-116 16-Foot PowerLock Tape Rule
Stanley 33-116 16-Foot PowerLock Tape Rule
Offered by SJS Commercial
Price: $11.30
69 used & new from $6.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Tape Rule- A Place to Write Dimensions Would Make It Perfect., August 21, 2015
Warning- I'm "that guy" who obsesses over microns in my woodshop, convinced that if I just had a little more skill or a little better tool, all my problems would go away. The last time I bought a tape rule, I went through the bin to find one accurate enough for my needs, then "accurized" it with a file. In hindsight it was a fool's errand. The nature of these things is to be rough in comparison to rigid rules, or even better, marking part against part. I don't use a tape rule for anything but roughing out stock now. That being said, here's my take on this tape rule. It's accurate. I compare all rules to my Starrett 12" rigid rule, and this tape rule is perfect in both inside and outside measurements. It won't stay that way... A couple years of pushing and pulling on the tab will knock it out of tune but for now it is right on. I agree with other reviewers that the tape tension is just right and the lock is easy to use and holds well. I like that the body is plastic because it saves weight. I don't need the additional durability of a metal case. I chose the 16' because this lives in my apron, where I need things to be compact and light. I'll reach for another tape if I need to hang it out in space or take a longer measurement. My one knock- why can't I write on it? Please move or redesign your logo sticker so I have a reusable place to scratch numbers.

TEKTON 3081 8-oz. Fiberglass Ball Pein Hammer
TEKTON 3081 8-oz. Fiberglass Ball Pein Hammer

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly machined peen, August 5, 2013
I took a chance buying a hammer sight-unseen. I'm usually pretty lucky but not this time. The peening end of this hammer is so poorly machined that it won't work for my purposes. The handle was fine, and it wouldn't have bothered me that the little trim collar where the handle meets the head wasn't glued on straight. However ball peen hammers are round for a reason, and if they aren't round they aren't of much use to anyone trying to accurately peen much of anything.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2013 1:37 PM PDT

Sewell Direct SW-29660 Injectir (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sewell Direct SW-29660 Injectir (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
3 used & new from $39.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Check your devices- this only works with single band IR, August 7, 2012
Okay, part of this is on me. The add says "33khz - 43khz Band (Single Band Emitter)" and I guess if you're a heckuva lot smarter than me, you may have known to confirm whether your devices are single band or dual band. I, however, did not. Instead, I ordered this product with high hopes of finally conquering the sharp angle from the couch to the DVR.

I agree with other reviewers that the pictoral instructions on the back of the jewelry-type box were barely sufficient. I'd go for a little less snazzy box and a little more product info, like a suggestion to find out whether your equipment has dual band IR.

I hooked it up and nothing happened. I got Sewell on chat [...] and "Logan" confirmed my setup was correct then told me the most common problem is trying to use this product to control a device with dual band IR. Honestly, I still don't know whether my equipment is single band or dual band. Logan was useless beyond his one pearl of wisdom.

Bottom line- the thing didn't work. Maybe it didn't work because my devices use dual band IR. Who knows? If you're thinking about ordering this, do yourself a favor and make sure your equipment uses single band IR, and even then, good luck. Even if it had worked I would have had to jimmy some sort of mounting system. See, the receiving and transmitting eyes come out of the ends of the little black boxes on the cable ends. I'm not sure how Sewell envisions us getting the transmitter hung out in space in front of the component we're trying to control. They offer no suggestions, no adhesive pads, no nothing. Other IR extenders have the transmitter eye on the side of the cable end and an adhesive pad on the same side, so you just stick the cable end on the box over the box's IR receiver.

That's why this gets one star from me. True, I may have ordered an item that isn't compatible with my equipment, but even if it had worked with my equipment it would have taken a few hours to engineer and create a way to mount it. That's just pathetic design and poor execution.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2013 7:56 AM PDT