Profile for Ryan Long > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ryan Long "Cheese Lover" RSS Feed (Northern Wisconsin)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
AT&T CL84102 dect_6.0 2-Handset Landline Telephone
AT&T CL84102 dect_6.0 2-Handset Landline Telephone
Price: $55.47
99 used & new from $43.99

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great phone set, August 21, 2014
This is a great phone set. I really wanted a phone system that would allow me to plug at least one cordless phone somewhere in my home. Furthermore, I wanted to make sure that I had the option to have an answering machine in the event my phone service did not offer voicemail. So far, I have nothing bad to say about this phone at all. It is a great phone. I like that there is a mute option, so you have something akin to hold. It is nice that the phones indicate on the screen whether mute is activated or not. It is very easy to operate the caller ID, save and remove names and numbers from the system, etc. If you have voicemail through your telephone service, there is a key dedicated to dialing your voicemail, thus making it easy. Sound quality is great. Overall, the price of this unit with its many options make it a must buy if you are looking for a multi unit phone.

Bissell Style 12 Filter Kit 203-2120
Bissell Style 12 Filter Kit 203-2120
Offered by GoVacuum
Price: $23.97
6 used & new from $22.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Replacement, April 28, 2014
Some time ago my Bissell vacuum was having some serious issues with producing dust. When I took it apart I found that the filters were in dire need of replacement. The Bissell vacuum I purchased has words printed on it stating that it uses the "Style 12 Filter Kit," so I purchased this on Amazon and replaced the filters accordingly. Needless to say, it does come with every filter the vacuum utilizes. I was able to replace all the filters with ease and my vacuum no longer produces plumes of dust when used. I looked for this kit in the mass retail stores, but I could not find it. This will likely be my source of replacement filter kits in the future.

Sequence Game
Sequence Game
Price: $15.79
234 used & new from $5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Addictive Game!!!, April 28, 2014
This review is from: Sequence Game (Toy)
This is just a great game. We typically play this with family members around annual holidays and everyone always enjoys it. The game is pretty easy to understand and most people like the basic strategy involved. Most of the people I play with like the fact that this game can be played in teams. Although I have only played it with adults, I suspect that many children would enjoy the game as well. Think of the game as being a lot like Connect Four, but with your universe of possible moves dictated by the cards in your hand. I have yet to encounter someone that does not like the game!

Philips DC290/37 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Alarm Clock Speaker Dock (Brushed Aluminum)
Philips DC290/37 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Alarm Clock Speaker Dock (Brushed Aluminum)
Offered by Bargain Zone Sales
Price: $75.00
41 used & new from $31.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, April 28, 2014
After using this unit for the past two years I can say that it is, hands down, a great product. First and foremost, it is a quality unit. It is, in my opinion, a very high quality product. When you hold the unit, it feels very solid--not like some cheap thing that is going to fall apart. Second, it also looks quite stylish with the brushed aluminum. Third, sound quality is great with the built-in speakers. Everything is crystal clear, whether you are listening to talk radio or your favorite music station. Fourth, the remote works great.

It should be noted that I use this exclusively at work for listening to the radio and music on my iPod Classic. It often plays up to eight hours a day, five days a week (or more if I am in on a weekend). I do not use the alarm functions, so I cannot comment on that. Nevertheless, the primary reason I got this is because it plays music on my iPod Classic with the dock. Another big reason I got it is because it comes with a remote. The AC outlets in my office are not near my desk, so I wanted to be able to turn the unit on and off from my desk without getting up--the same with changing the station.

From what I can tell, there are very few cons with this unit. The first is that programming stations is a bit more complicated than desired. Strangely, I actually had to pull out the manual to program my favorite stations. The second con is that the display does not get as bright as I would like. I use the unit in a well-lit office--it is generally about 10-12 feet away from me and it is difficult to read the display, even on the brightest setting. For those of you that will use this as an alarm clock, it should be noted that the display can get quite dim on the lowest setting, so that may be a plus in that regard.

I have read a couple reviews indicating that the unit automatically plays music at full volume when an iPod or iPhone is plugged in. I have never encountered such a problem. After two years of pretty consistent use, I only have favorable things to say about this unit. I realize the price is a bit on the steep side, but I picked it up for about twenty-percent off two years ago and find the purchase well worth it.

Star Wars Jedi Knight Mysteries of the Sith Companion Missions
Star Wars Jedi Knight Mysteries of the Sith Companion Missions
21 used & new from $0.90

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Continuation of Star Wars, March 12, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game, along with Jedi Knight Dark Forces II, was among the first computer games I got when I was younger. I still remember the day I got them; they were actually a Christmas present. That aside, these are the games that really introduced and got me hooked on Star Wars. Obviously, these games are dated, so you need to compare them to games during the late 1990s when they came out. This game, in particular, can be frustrating from time to time with the various puzzles intertwined. Those few puzzles aside, however, I feel like this game did a great job picking up where Jedi Knight Dark Forces II left off and it fits very well into the overall Star Wars storyline. If you are looking for a good classic, then I highly recommend Mysteries of the Sith. Do note, however, that this game is the expansion pack to Jedi Knight Dark Forces II.

Under Armour Men's Tactical ColdGear® Long Sleeve Compression Mock
Under Armour Men's Tactical ColdGear® Long Sleeve Compression Mock
Price: $35.00 - $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Winter Gear, March 12, 2013
I have nothing to complain about with respect to this shirt. It kept me plenty warm as a base layer. Also, I am someone that sweats profusely when active, but this shirt had no issues keeping me try. I admit that it is a bit on the expensive side, but it does everything you could possibly ask for. I will probably be picking up some of the t-shirts for summer activities in the near future since I loved this product so much. If you will be doing anything in cold weather and you need to stay warm, I would highly recommend this as a base layer.

Nelson, Whitman, Burkhart and Freyermuth's Real Estate Transfer, Finance, and Development, 8th (American Casebook Series) (English and English Edition)
by Grant S. Nelson
35 used & new from $141.80

3.0 out of 5 stars I Can't Even Begin To Explain..., February 11, 2013
Nelson and Whitman are able to put a great deal of relevant content in this book. It covers essentially every related topic you can imagine and it does so with great depth. The case law is few and far between and the notes are significant. I suppose that they do the best they can to make this area of the law, which is traditionally among the most confusing and difficult, as enjoyable as possible. I am consistently bothered, however, by Nelson and Whitman stroking their ego--you will be hard pressed to find a page in this book where they are not citing themselves or their previous works.

Emanuel Law Outlines Environmental Law
Emanuel Law Outlines Environmental Law
by Linda A. Malone
35 used & new from $1.69

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Environmental Law Book, February 11, 2013
I used this in conjunction with the Environmental Law book published by Aspen. I'll be honest--environmental law was not one of the most exciting classes I have had--also, the statutes can be complex and difficult to understand. I purchased this book a couple weeks before my final exam. I used this book exclusively for studying and preparing a final outline. The scope of content in this book is second to none and it beats out the Nutshell by miles. If you are looking for a great source for studying environmental law, then this is it. I highly recommend this particular book.

How to Build 35 Great Clocks: Complete with Working Plans, Drawings, and Instructions
by Joseph William Daniele
66 used & new from $2.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Some Great Plans, February 11, 2013
My review of this book is really more from the perspective of a reader--I have not yet had a chance to actually build any of the plans yet. Nevertheless, the plans appear to be quite straightforward. There are also a variety of plans that will likely work with individuals of varying skill. I look forward to doing some of the work in here in the near future.

Benfield and Greenfield's Cases and Materials on Sales, 6th (University Casebook Series) (English and English Edition)
by Marion W. Benfield
Price: $162.40
67 used & new from $44.90

4.0 out of 5 stars A Book That Gets To The Point, February 11, 2013
This was probably one of my favorite books in law school since it was brief and to the point. Although I noticed many similarities in the content of this book with my contracts book from a couple years ago, I suppose that is to be expected with this topic of the law. You will also be pleased to know that the font size in this book is manageable--you will not strain your eyes reading the information for hours on end. There are not many excerpts of Article II of the UCC in here so you will want to purchase a rule book as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3