Profile for Pierre Ricolando > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 88

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pierre Ricolando "Rico" RSS Feed (Sanford, NC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Straight Flush: The True Story of Six College Friends Who Dealt Their Way to a Billion-Dollar Online Poker Empire--and How It All Came Crashing Down . . .
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Was Expecting Better, January 18, 2015
I have read and enjoyed many of Mezrich's works, but this one didn't seem up to par with his other works. This one didn't seem to deal with the same intensity as the others. The story was fairly intriguing and the beginning of the website held my interest, but I soon found there were parts that were meaninglessly included. Mezrich is known for his stories that depict larger-than-life personas of actual people, but this didn't have that same grandiose style I liked in the other books. Though they lived the high life, this simply didn't feel as real as those I've read before. Those who have not been introduced to Mezrich should read something else first before giving this a try. It was a quick read, with some interesting information, but it fell flat for me near the end.

Damn Right I'm From Cleveland: Your Guide to Makin' It in America's 47th Biggest City
by Mike Polk Jr
Price: $13.83
33 used & new from $9.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Mike Polk is Great!, December 28, 2014
Mike Polk has a very sarcastic and witty sense of humor that some people may not enjoy. However, I am not one of those people. I think he is hysterical and this book had me cracking up. It is so random, so you don't know what's coming next. Being from northeast Ohio, I felt right at home each time he mentioned the Browns. I liked how he compared his relationship to the team as being like a brotherly relationship. He was able to pick on them, but if someone from Indiana did he would knock them out. Polk also went to Kent State, and was there when I was, which is when I first heard of his comedy. This book was great, and those familiar with Polk's humor will find it funny as well

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn
Price: $9.00
257 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Intriguing Read, December 26, 2014
This review is from: Gone Girl (Paperback)
I thought this was very well written. It jumped from Nick's perspective to Amy's perspective flawlessly and really helped you understand each character equally. You cannot disclose too much with this book as not to give away too much. The author really took a disturbing event, and made it even more disturbing. I really liked the way she wrote the relationship aspect of the two main characters. It really seemed believable and life-like. There are many twists and they are given at precisely the right moment. It was a quick and easy read, and I am sure most people who decide to give it a shot will not come away disappointed.

Never Go Back: A Jack Reacher Novel
Never Go Back: A Jack Reacher Novel
by Lee Child
Price: $20.97
578 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I will never grow tired of reading Reacher's exploits, December 19, 2014
Lee Child does it again. His Reacher series is a lesson in good story telling. This time Reacher finally makes it to meet the voice we first were introduced to in 61 Hours. I actually ended up picking that one up in a Dallas airport. This is the exciting conclusion. He arrives to find that Turner is not there, because she has been arrested for taking a bribe. Reacher is also dealing with legal matters of his own. Child does an excellent job of pacing the story and creating another exciting plot. I am always amazed at how Child can flawlessly make mundane events go for pages at a time and still be able to hold my attention entirely. Reacher's intuitive nature is on full display here, as is his ability to kick some serious butt without batting an eye. Reacher fans will sure enjoy this addition to the series. Can't wait to read the next one.

Homeland: Carrie's Run: A Homeland Novel
Homeland: Carrie's Run: A Homeland Novel
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $9.78

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the Show, November 30, 2014
I think this was a pretty good read, but there seemed to be a lot of the same stuff going on throughout the book. Carrie is developed nicely in this, and seems fairly true to her character on the show, so Homeland fans will find it quite entertaining. I am a fan, so I thought it was pretty good and would give it 3.5 stars. It isn't 4 stars because it lacked the surprise and intrigue of the show, though the ending was really quite good and brought a smile to my face. There wasn't as much action as I typically like in the books I read, and the plot didn't feel totally developed enough for my taste. With that said, it was well worth the purchase and I did enjoy the way the author built Carrie a little bit more. I would definitely purchase another book in a series like this by the same author.

Pretty Little Girls
Pretty Little Girls

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tune, November 30, 2014
This review is from: Pretty Little Girls (MP3 Music)
I love this song. The ability for them to make hit after hit is a testament to their ability to write a good song. This is no exception. I also like the rapping near the end, and feel it does a good job of completing the song.

Boxing Day
Boxing Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lyrics, November 30, 2014
This review is from: Boxing Day (MP3 Music)
This song is great. The lyrics and music are cohesive and just make you want to sing along. Love It!

When I Grow Up
When I Grow Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Poem, November 30, 2014
This review is from: When I Grow Up (MP3 Music)
I was first introduced to this during a college class for education. My professor brought in one of his former students who used it during a poetry unit for his class. I feel it was very well written and the performance makes it even better. I use it in my class as well, and it really does a good job of introducing poetic form. You can feel the emotion behind each and every word, and each one serves a purpose. I like even more that it is performed in front of an audience and you can hear the reaction from them.

Good King Wenceslas
Good King Wenceslas

5.0 out of 5 stars Choir-like Performance, November 30, 2014
This review is from: Good King Wenceslas (MP3 Music)
This song is great, and this version is amazing. The Cambridge Singers do a great job of singing this holiday classic. I would have never searched for any version of this song if it weren't for Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory. He sang it and I loved it so much that I needed to find a good version. This is definitely the best I have found and I am very pleased with it. I can't imagine it getting any better.

Angels We Have Heard On High
Angels We Have Heard On High

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Holiday Song, November 30, 2014
I remember hearing this song during the Christmas season and always wanted it. I wasn't going to purchase an entire CD for one song, so I bought the MP3 version, and was very pleased. Since it is now officially the Christmas season, this will definitely be on my playlist for the next few weeks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9