Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Kevin Mogee > Reviews

Browse

Kevin Mogee's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin Mogee RSS Feed (Oreland, PA)

Galaxy S7 Case, Spigen® [Neo Hybrid Crystal] PREMIUM BUMPER [Gunmetal] Clear TPU / PC Frame Slim Dual Layer Premium Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016) - (555CS20022)
Price: $14.17
7 used & new from $4.77

5.0 out of 5 stars A great all around case - just perfect., April 8, 2016
I received this product for free in exchange for my honest review.

This is my 3rd Spigen case, and I'm not the least bit disappointed in this newest one. I was going to wait a few days before posting this review, but after owning it for one full day, I already have benefitted from the durability of this case. I dropped my phone from about 5 feet onto a solid tile floor, and there was zero damage to my phone.

The fit of the case is perfect - typical of Spigen - and the buttons are as easy to push as if there is no case at all. The clear color of the TPU is great for showing off the beautiful phone, and the gunmetal frame is a perfect compliment to the phone. The cutouts for the various openings on the phone are exact, with the headphone port large enough to plug in just about any size plug.

A little about Spigen. While not applicable to this particular case, the last Neo-Hybrid case I owned (for my previous phone), cracked after months of use. Nothing that prevented the case from being used, but still a crack made it a little weaker. I contacted Spigen and they replaced the entire case, not just the frame for free, no questions asked. Great customer service and reason enough for me to continue to use their products. I would have gladly paid for this case, and the next time I need a new case, Spigen will be my only choice.

Skiva Battery Pack with High Capacity 5000 mah for Apple and Android Devices (Powervault A5000)
Offered by Skiva

1.0 out of 5 stars Item was DOA, May 14, 2014
Returned to Amazon immediately. Great return process. I tried charging this item for 24 hours before even using it and it wouldn't even turn on. I would not recommend this product.

Galaxy S4 Battery, Anker 2600mAh Replacement Battery for Samsung Galaxy S4, I9500, I9505, M919 (T-Mobile), I545 (Verizon), I337 (AT&T), L720 (Sprint) with NFC and 18-Month Warranty [Not for Galaxy S4 Active]
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $27.99
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement battery, May 14, 2014
This is a perfect replacement battery for my Samsung GS4. It works great and holds a charge for a long time. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a replacement or a back-up for their GS4.

Anker 20W 2-Port USB Wall Charger with Foldable Plug and PowerIQ Technology for Apple iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Motorola, LG and More (White)
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid charger, May 14, 2014
Although heavy and sometimes feels like it might fall out of the outlet, this charger works great. I like the fact there is a port for Android and a port for Apple devices, but I wish there was a purchase option to have an Apple-only or Android-only charger. Other than that, this is a great portable travel charger.

Wherever I Wind Up: My Quest for Truth, Authenticity, and the Perfect Knuckleball
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Even a Phillies fan can appreciate R.A. Dickey, June 3, 2012
As a die-hard Phillies fan, I will never like, or root for the Mets (I think it might actually be against the law in Philadelphia), but I now have a tremendous amount of respect for R.A. Dickey. I will now look forward to his his games against the Phillies much the same way he described pitching against Tim Wakefield; while I want to see him perform well on the mound, I still want my team to win. I know R.A. Dickey said that writing this book was part of his healing process, but I still can't believe the courage he mustered to put on paper all the things he faced as a child. I commend him for his ability to share his darkest secrets in the hopes of building a stronger relationship with his wife and children and everyone else in his life. I consider myself lucky to have read this book.

Thanks R.A.

And despite the religious undertones in the book, I think it speaks volumes that with over 50 reviews, there is not one single 1-star review and only one 2-star review. Even if you are not a religious person, this is still a great book about a person overcoming challenges in their life and becoming a stronger person because of it.

New Balance Men's M730 Running Shoe
New Balance Men's M730 Running Shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars New Balance continues a great tradition, April 11, 2012
I've been an on-again, off-again runner for about 10 years and no matter what other brand of running shoes I've tried over the years, I always end up with a trusty pair of New Balance. They just seem to fit my feet better and provide the support that I need.

Recently I've been thinking about getting a pair of the New Balance Minimus running shoes, but the price was a little too high for me. I saw these on Amazon; thought the price was right, and decided to take the plunge after reading MasterBlaster's review.

They are very light, but supportive and the overall feel is great when running. I run about 15 miles a week and even though I've only used them twice, I can tell that these are going to be another great pair of shoes.

The fit is true to size and they feel great when laced-up tightly. The colors are very close to what is shown on the Amazon page; the orange might be just a little brighter than shown.

If you're looking for a solid, lightweight running shoe, these New Balance are a good choice and at a great price.

Fenix PD32 Compact 315 Lumen LED Flashlight
Fenix PD32 Compact 315 Lumen LED Flashlight
Offered by EdisonBright®
Price: $56.95
9 used & new from $53.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Beyond Exceeding Expectations, February 21, 2012
I wasn't sure what to expect when receiving this flashlight. I've had a few very basic LED flashlights, and was never overly impressed. I'm glad I decided to pull the trigger on this purchase, because this flashlight makes the others seem like toys. I was a little concerned with the light weight (it's much lighter than I expected), and even with the batteries it's easy to hold for long periods of time. The light output is almost unbelievable. If I didn't see it, I wouldn't believe it was possible for something so little to be so bright. Even on the lowest setting it provides more than enough light in most situations. The 'secret' SOS setting is cool (although I hope I never need it), and the turbo strobe mode will disorient anyone who gets too close.

The only difference that I find between the description and the actual model is the way you cycle through the different modes. According to the description (and the included instructions), you are supposed to depress the thumb switch multiple times to access the different modes. This particular flashlight has a memory of the most recent setting and when using the thumb switch, it automatically turns back on in this mode. The setting is changed by the switch on the side of the device; low, medium, high, turbo. If you hold the switch for one second it automatically goes into turbo strobe mode. If you hold if for three seconds, it switches to SOS mode.

I personally like this method better, as the side switch is easier to press when holding the flashlight.

I really can't say enough about this little flashlight; if you're looking for a light-weight, blindingly-bright flashlight that exceeds all expectations, this is the one to buy.

The only downside would be the batteries. They are not included, they are a little hard to find, and they are expensive. Looks like I'll be getting the rechargeable 18650 battery soon.UltraFire 18650 3000mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery (Pair) + Charger Combo

JBuds J3M Micro Atomic In-Ear Earbuds Style Headphones with Mic (Jet Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by IOT SUPPLIES
2 used & new from $42.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Headphones I've Ever Owned, August 1, 2011
I researched headphones for quite a while before making this purchase, and I'm glad I decided to go with the JBuds J3M. I've owned many different in-ear headphones in the past, and while I'm not an over the top audiophile, I like music a lot. I listen to music and audiobooks with headphones all the time when running and when walking the dog, as well as other outdoor activities. I'm really confused by some of the other reviews that talk about the build quality of these headphones; these are definitely above average build and I expect them to last a long time. The sound is great; not too tinny and they have just the right amount of bass. I've never used any high-end ear phones such as UE or Etymotic, so I can't compare them, but compared to any other $25-$40 earphones I would put these among the best. They work perfectly with my Droid Charge and people actually say I sound better using the headset rather than just the phone. The single button on the mic is limited to pause and play only (despite what the instructions say), but I have a feeling that is because I listen to Pandora and Google Music as opposed to the built-in music player on the Charge. It's probably an app limitation, not a headphone flaw.

For anyone who complains about the noise from the cord banging against your chest, I think I found a solution. The noise also drives me crazy (or at least it used to), and I wondered if there was a way to make it go away, or at least significantly diminish the thumping. I noticed that if you insert the buds in your ears upside-down and then drape the cord over and around the back of your ear the noise is almost completely gone. I'm not sure how this works or why, but it does. JLabs even sells a hook that you can use in this manner for when you are working out and want a little more security to prevent the buds from falling out of your ears. You can find them here:JLab Audio JBuds Removable Sports Earhook - Black - Universal for most earbuds I don't have a problem with the buds falling out of my ears, but I know some people do.

Speaking of this, if they are falling out, you probably have the wrong size fitting on the end of the headphone. Make sure you try all the sizes before settling on one. I actually have two different size fittings, one large and one medium. If I have both fitted with a large, my right ear hurts. If I use the medium size on both, I don't get a good fit in my left ear and it has a tendency to fall out. Do yourself a favor and try a couple of different sizes; the end result will be a much better fit and better sounding music.

I do wish the case was included with my purchase, but Amazon did change the product description so I was not surprised. It just would have been nice for one to be included.

If I'm ever in the market for another pair of earphones, JLabs will be at the top of my list.

AA / AAA 4 Cell Battery Storage Case Bundle of Six Cases
AA / AAA 4 Cell Battery Storage Case Bundle of Six Cases
Offered by MYBATTERYSUPPLIER
Price: $4.82
6 used & new from $3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple case; great design; easy to use, March 10, 2011
I read some reviewers state that this case doesn't stay closed or is difficult to close properly. At first I was hesitant because of the reviews, but I have a similar case that was included with a set of batteries from a previous purchase and wondered how different these cases could be. I am happy to report that they are not only the same quality case, but they are not difficult to close at all, and once closed they stay closed.

These are great cases that hold 4 AA or 4 AAA batteries, depending on how you arrange them in the case. It's such a simple concept, but the execution is flawless.

If you are in the market for a case to hold a bunch of rechargeable batteries, these cases are simple and effective, and inexpensive too.

The Little Book That Beats the Market
The Little Book That Beats the Market
by Joel Greenblatt
292 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Beware of Bad Reviews, February 14, 2006
On 12/4/05 Catablast Media Group LLC gave this book a so-so review, and indicated that you should 'save your money'. Ironically, [...] is a weblog dedicated to providing financial research (or so they say). Their weblog indicates they are free of ads, distracting links, or fees. Strangely enough, the very first LINK under 'Business Headlines' is for Dollar Rent a Car. It is NOT a business story about Dollar Car Rental, but rather takes you directly to the Dollar Rent a Car website. So much for no ads. I guess it doesn't count if there isn't a picture?

For a non-biased review, read on....

I originally purchased this book from Audible.com, listended to it, and then when I realized what a GREAT book this is, I purchased a hard copy from Amazon. I plan giving it as a gift. The book lays it out plain and simple. Anyone can follow the advice given. It doesn't take a financial analyst, and maybe that's why catablast gives it a poor review. Investing your money shouldn't be rocket science, but financial planners would like everyone to think that it is. Job security is the name of that game, and fortunately because of Joel Greenblatt we don't have to play anymore.