Profile for automatoncharlie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

automatoncharlie RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Red Dingo Reflective Cat Collar, One Size Fits All, Orange
Red Dingo Reflective Cat Collar, One Size Fits All, Orange
Price: $6.99
4 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 5, 2014
Very vibrant and functional. I take off the bell because bells are obnoxious.

iPhone 5S Case, Spigen Tough Armor Case for iPhone 5/5S - Retail Packaging - Metal Slate (SGP10490)
Price: $18.99
10 used & new from $17.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Thin & Keeps My Phone Super Protected!, July 5, 2014
I've now had this "gold" case for 9 months and I give it an A+. It is nice and thin but keeps my phone super protected and safe. I'm a middle school teacher and I literally drop my phone 10+ times a day during work. This case has held up in the test of time. The case still works great, but is a bit scratched/dinged up now so I am ordering a new one in the "green" color. When I take off the the case, my phone is in perfect condition. I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to have to worry about their phone.

Feline Greenies Dental Treats Savory Salmon for Cats, 2.5-Ounce
Feline Greenies Dental Treats Savory Salmon for Cats, 2.5-Ounce
Price: $1.99
17 used & new from $1.75

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dog & Cat Love these, June 15, 2014
My cat and my 15lb dog love these. The fact that they're dental treats, I especially love. I only give them to my pets every once in a while but you can give them to your pets everyday if you want.

270-Count Earth Rated® Lavender-Scented Dog Waste Bags, 18 Refill Rolls
270-Count Earth Rated® Lavender-Scented Dog Waste Bags, 18 Refill Rolls
Offered by Oliver's Pet Care
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Deal, Smell Nice, June 15, 2014
One box lasted me six months. They are sturdy (no holes) and smell nice. I think they're a good deal for $11.99, way cheaper than getting them at a store!

Dearly, Departed: A Zombie Novel
Dearly, Departed: A Zombie Novel
by Lia Habel
Price: $8.37
59 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Love Steampunk and YA but couldn't finish it, October 20, 2012
I was really interested in the novel while reading the beginning of it but by the time I was half way through, I could not keep going. There are very few books I do not finish. I love steampunk and YA but this book just did not do it for me.

Hero Arts Mounted Rubber Stamp, 3 by 1.5-Inch, 3 Japanese Dolls
Hero Arts Mounted Rubber Stamp, 3 by 1.5-Inch, 3 Japanese Dolls
Offered by -Supermart
Price: $10.03
10 used & new from $10.03

5.0 out of 5 stars So cute. very sturdy, October 2, 2012
Am a teacher and love these to stamp completed work. Very durable. I recommend it to anyone. They are super cute too.

Heartless (The Parasol Protectorate)
Heartless (The Parasol Protectorate)
by Gail Carriger
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.94
136 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Yet: High Spirited and Full of Frivolity!, July 10, 2011
I *loved* 'Heartless'. My favorite book in the series so far with 'Soulless' just behind. Gail Carriger does not disappoint in this 4th installment of the Parasol Protectorate. Her characters are as charming and witty as ever trying to navigate the steampunk world Carriger has created. Where friends become enemies and enemies become friend-ly, one does not know what will happen as 'Heartless' progresses. All the reader must know, is Alexia is on point (even in her condition) and determined to get to the bottom of things. Carriger also opens up into the past of certain characters and one learns more about the complications love brings when one is of the supernatural set. Go get 'Heartless' right away and you can join the folk who are patiently waiting for the 5th and last installment, 'Timeless', to come out in March 2012!

The Windup Girl
The Windup Girl
by Paolo Bacigalupi
Price: $9.03
241 used & new from $0.30

3.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to like this book but..., June 29, 2011
This review is from: The Windup Girl (Paperback)
There is no doubt that the Windup Girl is beautifully written. I wanted to like this book but the dystopian feel and the constant sexual abuse of Emiko, the lead Windup, made me cringe on several occasions and not want to keep going. Reading The Windup Girl is like slowly watching a balloon get blown up and then explode. Pacigalupi does a great job pacing the novel, making each step lead up to the next. You also get a variety of perspectives, which makes the story more interesting. But in the end, you are left feeling quite miserable for all the characters in the book. I suppose I like to read to stretch my imagination and get excited by the possibilities fantasy and science fiction have to offer. The Windup Girl did not excite me, it actually did the opposite. When I finished the book, I felt somewhat morose feeling like I witnessed something more like a car crash and didn't want to keep the memory of it. Perhaps this is testament that it is a really compelling story? It's worth reading if you are into the dystopian sci-fi thing. If you're like me and are more faint of heart, then you probably won't enjoy it.

Anno Dracula
Anno Dracula
by Kim Newman
Price: $10.49
88 used & new from $0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad Titan Books Reprinted this!!, June 8, 2011
This review is from: Anno Dracula (Paperback)
It is 1888 and vampires are everywhere! From holding elite positions in the government to overwhelming the slums of Whitechapel, vampires have integrated into society. How would the presence of vampires change Victorian, England? This is exactly what Mr. Kim Newman tackles in his thriller novel 'Anno Dracula'. Not only is Newman spot on in his depiction of London in 1888, but he also brings in a wide range of fictional characters from Victorian novels including their authors!

Characters Charles Beauregard and Genevieve Dieudonne team up to be an unstoppable duo in search of Jack the Ripper. It is hard to put the book down once you've started reading. So glad Titan Books reprinted this! I hope they continue with the sequel Anno Dracula: The Bloody Red Baron, which takes place in 1918, or I will have to get crafty and find an old copy myself!

The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack (Burton & Swinburne)
The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack (Burton & Swinburne)
by Mark Hodder
Price: $13.69
122 used & new from $0.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Real Life Characters Cleverly Blended with an Intriguing Fictional Tale!, May 5, 2011
After reading 'The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack', one cannot deny Hodder's vast and detailed knowledge of the Victorian period and the real life subjects in his fictional story: Sir Richard Francis Burton, Algernon Charles Swineburne, and a slew of other famous Victorians. The story begins with a highly controversial debate that gets canceled due to a potential suicide. From there, Hodder jumps around in time to weave together the story of the strange and misplaced character, Spring Heeled Jack. Through altering history by adding lots of new technology and science, Hodder opens up a multitude of possibilities for how the story will develop. With a somewhat Steampunk, somewhat detective-esque feel to the narrative, Hodder adds many different amusements that serve to entertain you. The language and etiquette is spot on for the Victorian period giving the alternate historical setting a realistic feel. Also, Hodder adds quotes from different characters as well as technological advertisements at the beginning of every chapter to allow the setting to come to life. 'The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack' is a very enjoyable read that wraps itself up quite nicely at the end. A very worthwhile read for those that like Steampunk and solving mysteries!I hear the sequel, 'The Curious Case of the Clockwork Man' is even better. I can't wait to start it.

Page: 1 | 2