Profile for 30acrewood > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

30acrewood RSS Feed (Duluth, MN United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Mens 3m Black Thinsulate Thermal Lined Winter Gloves Medium/Large
Mens 3m Black Thinsulate Thermal Lined Winter Gloves Medium/Large
Offered by Sock Snob Ltd- DELIVERY 7-10 working Days
Price: $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!, March 19, 2015
Just what I needed driving my home care rounds.

AWOL on the Appalachian Trail
AWOL on the Appalachian Trail
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hiked along with the author., March 19, 2015
I enjoyed every minute of this book. I have read a couple dozen accounts of hikes on the Camino de Santiago in Spain and hope to take that walk someday. I would never attempt the Appalachian Trail but loved hiking it with David Miller. He gives great details about the "lodgings" along the way. I could handle the bears, moose, and maybe an occasional snake. But MICE???? No way. Congratulations to David for actually doing it. You inspire me.

Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Upright (NV356E)
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Upright (NV356E)
Price: Click here to see our price
59 used & new from $98.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying my Shark, December 2, 2014
So far my Shark is working out well. Easy to use and the weight is just right to carry upstairs. Time will tell if it can handle all the animal hair. First weeks rate it 5 stars.

Brome 1057 Squirrel Buster Standard Wild Bird Feeder
Brome 1057 Squirrel Buster Standard Wild Bird Feeder
Price: $32.50
16 used & new from $32.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, October 21, 2014
Easy to fill, sturdy, exactly what I was looking for.

Stranger in a New World (From Berlin to Santiago: A Pilgrim's Journey)
Stranger in a New World (From Berlin to Santiago: A Pilgrim's Journey)
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars For an avid reader of Camino accounts, this one is the BEST., October 21, 2014
Arik's book is the eighteenth account I have read about pilgrims on the camino. His is on the top of my list. I have read a few that recount history, myths, and more history. That is interesting one time. I am more interested in the personal journey taken by people who choose to walk 500 miles. Here is where Adam's book shines. It is personal, introspective, and inspiring. His self-knowledge as a young man in his early twenties blew me away. I think it's his ability to put his experiences into words that is so profound. "We are sitting on a giant rock floating through space, this gargantuan fire ball is burning down on us, and it's just another day in the life, I thought, looking up at the sun and then back down to the sea of bobbing heads in the square. Sometimes...I don't know man... This s*** is just nuts." I have thought of this many times in my life....but I couldn't say it like this! And one more: "I felt myself giving in and letting go. I let go of the pain, the expectations, the desires. Let go of the search for truth, the thirst for answers, the cycle of torture that I inflict upon myself. Let go of trying. I'm sick and tired of trying. I gave myself up and said, 'I am here, I am weak, I am yours.'" He gives enough nitty gritty details of the physical toll the pilgrimage took on his body and introduces an interesting cast of characters met along the way. His words are reminders to me to be alert, to be in touch with myself, and to see every day as part of the journey. I hope this author KEEPS WRITING!

Half a Life: A Memoir
Half a Life: A Memoir
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars a courageous, heart-wrenching journey, August 15, 2014
I admit it; I give 5 stars pretty liberally to many books because I love to read and learn. If an author makes me think, care, appreciate , I feel indebted. This book truly deserves 5 stars for the guts this author has to bare his soul, for his ability to go deep inside himself and bring me with him. I have often wondered how people deal with the simple act of living following any kind of involvement in tragedy. This man's journey is so raw and so long and I am so grateful he shared it.

Falling for Eli: How I Lost Heart, Then Gained Hope Through the Love of a Singular Horse
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I fell for him, August 14, 2014
I was most taken with the love and commitment the author had for Eli. I so identified with her desire/decision to take Eli just the way he is, costly at times, petulant, unpredictable, sweet, needy, adorable, and to not give up on him. I agree with her sentiment that we don't give up on our human children, why would give up on our animal companions? I struggled with how hard Nancy is on herself -- taking the blame for unintended mishaps, the brutal workouts doled out on her by her workout "coach", letting herself be berated by a horse trainer again and again and again. Then I realized, to my chagrin, I would have taken it too!! Only with time and lots of support can we learn to ease up on ourselves. I won't give away the ending .... but it was satisfying.

Blackburn Air Tower 3 Floor Bicycle Pump (Silver)
Blackburn Air Tower 3 Floor Bicycle Pump (Silver)
Offered by ActivInstinct
Price: $77.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my bike and car!, July 13, 2014
What I love the most is the gauge is at the TOP!!! I take it with me in the car and pump up my tires as needed. Really helped when I developed a slow leak, until I could get the tire to the shop.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Toaster Ever!, July 13, 2014
If I could give 10 stars, I would. I have lived a lifetime with lousy toasters. This one actually works and it's purple!!!! Settings are great, size of slots is perfect. No more burning my fingers because I can lift up the toast a bit to take it out. Can't say enough good things. And the price was so right!!!

Sauntering to Santiago: One Pilgrim's Journey on the Camino de Santiago
Sauntering to Santiago: One Pilgrim's Journey on the Camino de Santiago
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The absolute best of all the accounts I've read, July 13, 2014
I have read a number of accounts of the Camino journey over the past few months. I have a few favorites and this one is on the top of the short list. I didn't want just a log of where the pilgrim stops and starts each day. I wanted to hear about the personal observations of the pilgrim, the highs and lows, lessons learned. I so appreciate when an author is willing to be vulnerable and put it all out there. Oh the humanity!!!! Thank you so much!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3