Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Teri Hack > Reviews

Browse

Teri Hack's Profile

Customer Reviews: 76

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Teri Hack RSS Feed (oregon)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Ingenue (The Flappers)
Ingenue (The Flappers)
by Jillian Larkin
46 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Take Action in the Time, September 2, 2011
This review is from: Ingenue (The Flappers) (Hardcover)
Jillian Larking takes us back into the second in the installment of her Flappers series with the question, "How much can we take in the name of love?"
All of our characters are back from the last book, Vixen and now their story is getting deeper.
As the stress of Gloria and Jerome are still on the run and their future is not looking too bright as the Mob is still high on their tail as well as a recent foe Lorraine.
Clara begins to find her voice in a juicy magazine while moving farther from the strength of Marcus and Vera soon finds her own part woven into this story more and more.

The details get richer in Ingenue and the stakes are becoming higher. Is love enough when you want to achieve your goals? Who will be sacrificed and saved in Ingenue.

Jillian Larkin has created an epic historical masterpiece with this series that bring us back into the times of loose inhibition and the rise of stardom can becoming in the flash of a skirt and the cut of a hair.
Get ready for more action, adventure, and heartache in Ingenue released this August.

The Near Witch
The Near Witch
by Victoria Schwab
35 used & new from $2.74

5.0 out of 5 stars An old Tale Turned True, September 2, 2011
This review is from: The Near Witch (Hardcover)
The story that is sung by the kids in town, the haunting tale of the Near Witch is coming soon to be true in the small town of Near. When a stranger is spotted on the moor, and children begin disappearing, will the true culprit be closer to home than they realize?
There was much campaigning online about the awesomesauce that was the Near Witch. There have been fabulous trailers and songs made for it, but I did not see it;s amazingness until I too escaped into the Moors.
The Near Witch is a tale of love, of family, and about a town. A town has fears, it has precautions, it has secrets and soon as the story culminates we see the accusations fly amongst the townspeople and their prejudice as children are disappearing in the eve and their distrust of witches escalates. Who will save these children? Are they still alive?
The characters of the novel were absolutely amazing and breathtaking. I loved Cole, can i have him as my Book Boyfriend. With a terrible past Cole arrives at the village of Near in the night and is spotted by townsfolk but also by Lexi. Lexi lives at the edge of the Moor and the town has taken much from her family, so as the fingers point to Cole for the missing kids, Lexi takes it upon herself to redeem him, and to save her sister.
Lexi herself is a strong, willed amazing heroine. She does not give up her fights, and neither does she cower. Lexi is a fabulous character that really gives this strength to the story and is the heart of the tale with her love, acceptance, and her perseverance. Lexi and Cole's tale is heartbreaking as well as breathtaking.
The Near Witch is an amazing debit from Victoria Schwab that will have you on the edge of you seat, and melting into a puddle.

Sirensong
Sirensong
by Jenna Black
Price: $12.48
91 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Read, July 21, 2011
This review is from: Sirensong (Paperback)
Sirensong is the Third book in the Faeriewalker series by Jenna Black.
At first we got a glimmer, then a shadow and now we find song in this amazing series. I fell in love with Glimmerglass and its characters have developed so well throughout these three books.

In Sirensong we find Dana marked by the Erlking and trying to move on with her life even we there are so many oppositions lining up. The life of a Faeriewalker, a few in kind person who can move themselves and objects between our world and Faery are rare, but it seems everyone wants a walker in their pocket to continue their evil plans.
Dana is in a new conundrum: she has to travel to the Seelie court and be introduced to the Queen, and with her luck and enemies anything can happen. With so many forces against Dana, what is a girl to do with everything that is piling up? Dana still has to hold back due to the bargain with the Erlking and its effects on her relationship with Ethan, and then her family troubles with her mother and her fathers status, Dana has a it in store for her in Sirensong.

Jenna Black builds an amazing world and reality for the characters in the Faeriewalker series. I live the inner dialog of Dana, and the struggles she has faced. With so much power and yet such a personal moral code, Dana makes a beautiful, and strong character. Relationships can be made or broken when Dana's secrets become exposed and her friends are have to figure out what to do with Dana's powers and her connections.

Sirensong was an amazingly well written read that was composed of a great set of characters and fantastical world. Get lost in the pages and take a walk with the Faeriewalker.

Phoenix Rising: A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Novel (Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Series)
by Tee Morris
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
96 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Times Inside, July 21, 2011
Ohh Philippa I love your brain!
The characters in Phoenix were so complex in ways and so awesome. I loved the detailed steampunk and the world building. As the book progressed I could not put it down. I ate up the pages in one whole long night..er..morning leaving the kids to fend with toaster waffles and juicy juicy.
Steampunk is such an interesting genre for me. I love the detailed description and of course the clothing!
While I personally would probably not wear it I love the rich attire and then there is the dialog. The dialog in steampunk has all of these new words to me, wiki has my homepage.
The aspect that I loved most from Phoenix Rising was the fact that Eliza totally took the scene, the initiative and the action in the book. The male character Brooks, was more reserved and not as strong willed as most male characters in steampunk, so I do love my ladies who are worth their salt in life and disturbance.
Need some steam?! Get a Phoenix.

The Dark City #1 (Relic Master)
The Dark City #1 (Relic Master)
by Catherine Fisher
59 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Dangerous Dystopian, June 29, 2011
Catherine Fisher brings us into a future world that carries items of lost power that only a few can use. This take us into the story of the Relic Masters, a dying breed of people that carries the memory and the power to use these unearthed items from the past that can cause a great toll upon humanity with their use. While certain groups want to horde the Relics and cause strife upon others, there are those few who want to save them and remember.

The world of the Relic Masters is so full of description and the characters are created with a certain amazing feel that Catherine Fisher creates for us as the read. I love the layers to her characters and how we may perceive them one way as they are introduced in the story, but we quickly see them change and flow so intricately into the framework of the story that we love the changes we soon find out about them.

Each of our three main characters in the Dark City: Galen, Carys and Raffi, are soon going to find out how close their futures are entwined together.

At the start we meet up with the ailing Galen, a Relic Master who has lost his power, and Raffi the budding apprentice. While we are not sure the extent of the powers that these keepers of the relics hold, we soon learn about a great potential. As Galen and Raffi set about to investigate a set up relic hold, they are tossed into a race for survival and a new companion. Carys moves into the story and she is an amazing character. There is not too much that I want to give away, but I have to sat that I loved Carys character and what she begins to find in herself and her thinking while being on this adventure with Raffi and Galen.

Fisher begins weaving a tale of epic proportions in The Dark City, Relic Master 1, that make us want more. We are lucky though that there will be a release from this series every month so we do not have too long of a wait until we are able to join back in this amazing adventure.

Lovers of Incarceron will be enthralled by The Dark City. I carries some of the great qualities that were loved in her prior series, and an amazing set of characters. The Dark City will capture readers into its pages, eating up the story, and caught in the feeling of adventure within.

Witches of East End
Witches of East End
by Melissa de la Cruz
Price: $19.37
179 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars New Characters in an Old World, June 29, 2011
This review is from: Witches of East End (Hardcover)
Melissa de la Cruz creates a reality that is hidden within ours, the world and works of the Witches.
The Witches of East End follows the tale of a family of witches who reside in a protected part of the North Hamptons, and these three ladies have lived through a lot.

After having been stripped and denied their lineage of witchcraft from prior transgressions this family just wants to continue on living like normal people, until the itch to practice magic turns to each of the women and a whole host of effects run rampant through the town.
Witches of East End is a magnificent tale of family and survival. It portrays these three strong women, and their struggle to keep themselves and their family together after so much that has happened to them over the years.

Some old characters make it into the story from the Blue Bloods series while really bringing us into their whole new world that Cruz has created for us.

This first book in a series was amazing to read, and it has me looking forward for more.
Lovers of the Blue Bloods will find a whole new set of amazing characters to grow into a series with.

Fins Are Forever (Forgive My Fins)
Fins Are Forever (Forgive My Fins)
by Tera Lynn Childs
Price: $14.52
119 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars When Life Gives You Fins.... Swim!, June 29, 2011
Fins are Forever is the second book in the Fins Series by Tera Lynn Childs, and it left me satisfied and wanting more.

FIF brings us back to the tail, harhar, of Lily right on the cusp of her being ready to relinquish her title as Princess of Thalassinia. On her eighteenth birthday she needs to make the choice of ruling or staying above the waves.

If things were not already hectic for Lily being seventeen and on the needs of choosing her future, she is looking for colleges, getting romantic and soon finds a new responsibility: Doe.

FiF was a fantastic read. We see Lily caught in the middle of responsibility, romance, and an eagerness to fulfill the things she wants partnered with the tasks needed to complete it.

Tera Lynn Childs takes us back under the waves and into a whole new adventure with the characters that we all so loved from Forgive My Fins, and the finish leaves us hungering for the nest installment of the series

What Happened to Goodbye
What Happened to Goodbye
by Sarah Dessen
Price: $17.46
294 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars When is Goodbye not enough?, June 29, 2011
Sarah Dessen bring us her latest release of What Happened to Goodbye. Mclean has been running from her family problems with her dad whose job takes him around the states revamping failing restaurants. What Mclean finds in the town of Lakeview is herself. The question is will finding yourself mean loosing all that you hold close? When is goodbye not enough, when is is too hard. Dessen creates these amazing characters with such heart felt depth to them. There is always sure to be some point in her books that cause you to drop a tear. WHTG is an amazingly written read. Mclean chooses to give this town herself, but as the truth comes out about her past, her family, and her future will she too unravel?

Spectyr (A Book of the Order)
Spectyr (A Book of the Order)
by Philippa Ballantine
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
69 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars ORDER me more!, June 29, 2011
SPECTYR was amazing to read. It picked up right after GEIST had left off and Sorcha and Merrick soon find themselves coming into a horrible vision as well as an ancient battle. SPECTYR will test the limits of all of their bonds, and our three characters: Sorcha, Merrick, and Raed will struggle within theirs pasts and their futures.

Philippa Ballantine has created another masterpiece in this Second Book of the Order. We find out more about our characters while at the same time read of their inner battles of their relationships towards the future. Sorcha is haunted by a visions she cannot deny while trying to refrain from her passions for Raed. Raed struggles within himself, his feelings, his duty and his Rossin. Merrick soon finds himself open to the Otherside and transported far away, separated from Sorcha and sent into his own new quest.

SPECTYR is about choices and the future. It is of protection at what cost and suffering, inner and worldy. The world building in SPECTYR as well as the history lessons of it in the book were perfectly woven together. There was no feeling of too much backstory or lengthy explainations, only a sense of wonder as Ballantine created this fantastical world full of complications and many many oppositions.

I loved the book, and cannot wait to see what else is in store for these characters. The ending left me wanting oh so much more, with a promise of an amazing book to come.

Tempest Rising (Tempest Maguire)
Tempest Rising (Tempest Maguire)
by Tracy Deebs
Price: $15.05
69 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Hold your Boards a Tempest is Coming., May 27, 2011
This is not your usual mermaid tail, Tempest Rising bring us into a new reality that the turn to fins begins at seventeen.

Our main character is Tempest and she lives next to the beach. But she also has the secret of why their house has a whole glass wall facing the rolling Pacific ocean, her mother is a mermaid who left back into the waves after having three of her children. Leaving Tempest abruptly with a long ago promise to return, Tempest now juggles school with helping raise her two brother all the while surfing at any free moment. But as Tempest soon finds out there is a dark force in her future awaiting her in the waves.

Tempest Rising is an amazing new release from this month that will knock your socks off. It carries all the great elements of a fantastic read: danger, adventure, romance, angst, and mystery.

This author has brought us into the unbelievable world of Tempest and the mermaids and brings us a coming of age tale of epic proportions. I cannot wait to see what the upcoming books bring us into because it was hard for this book to end, it was just that amazing to read.

If you love mermaids, or are looking for a paranormal romance with a twist then Tempest will take a night away and the descriptive elements will seem like a beach vacation.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8