Profile for Ben > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ben RSS Feed (Granville, OH United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Mozart - 100 Supreme Classical Masterpieces: Rise of the Masters
Mozart - 100 Supreme Classical Masterpieces: Rise of the Masters
Price: $2.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Can we remove the other review?, February 11, 2012
I'm basically writing this to counter the other nonsensical review. Your baby pressed pause so you give it 3 stars? Unreal.

There are 100 tracks of Mozart for $2. I know many people should say classical music should be free, but the simplicity here is worth it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2012 6:28 AM PST

Jef World of Golf Gifts and Gallery, Inc. Golf Bag Travel Cover (Black)
Jef World of Golf Gifts and Gallery, Inc. Golf Bag Travel Cover (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars What do you want for 25 bucks?, December 26, 2011
I took this bag on a trip from Columbus OH to San Diego. A long trip...but I needed a cheap bag in a hurry. So I picked this one up. First things first: this is NOT a padded golf bag. If you want any type of protection, look elsewhere. But it worked for me since my clubs are a little older and it was cheap.

After the trip, the bag has numerous holes in it. I would use it for one, maybe two more trips max. At that rate, it's about $8 a trip. Not too shabby, but if you are an avid golfer making multiple trips a year, I would recommend another bag with padding and wheels on the bottom. For about $80 you can get one like that. Therefore, if you plan to make 10 trips or more, get that one.

This is a 2-3 star item, but the price point forces me to go up to 4-star.

Sigur Rós: Inni­ (Blu-Ray + 2 CD)
Sigur Rós: Inni­ (Blu-Ray + 2 CD)
DVD ~ Sigur Rós
Price: $19.39
32 used & new from $11.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely different from Heima. Yet immaculate., November 15, 2011
This film is a completely different experience then Heima. While Heima is colorful, rich, spacious, and seems to take you on a journey, Inni is quite the opposite. The grainy, mostly black and white picture doesn't highlight the Icelandic landscape at all. Rather, it allows the viewer to highlight on the band itself. Many shots are so close that you can see Jonsi's sweat, the individual finger movements between frets...and often times simple images are shown to allow you to purely focus on the music at hand.

There were many times where I had to remind myself that what I was watching was actually a concert, and that they were not playing in my living room. I have never seen a live concert in this fashion, and glad I have it along with Heima to make the combined an unmatched live collection.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2011 8:09 PM PST

Incipio NGP Case for iPhone 4/4S-Matte Black
Incipio NGP Case for iPhone 4/4S-Matte Black
Offered by Upper Class Sales
Price: $18.99
8 used & new from $12.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, October 14, 2011
I can confirm that this case works perfectly with the Verizon iPhone 4S.

Great case! Doesn't attract dirt or lint, durable...I'm very happy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2011 1:42 PM PDT

Tkol Rmx 1234567 [2 CD]
Tkol Rmx 1234567 [2 CD]
Offered by Great Price Media
Price: $10.21
46 used & new from $3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars It's about what you make of it, October 11, 2011
This review is from: Tkol Rmx 1234567 [2 CD] (Audio CD)
I have enjoyed this CD playing in the background while working/eating/etc. If you expect much more than that, you might be disappointed. But I enjoy hearing how other artists tweak this incredible CD, and like not having to pay much attention to get value out of it.

Radiohead is my all time favorite band, and I view this as a nice addition to my collection.

Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24-Inch Widescreen LED-Lit LCD Monitor
Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24-Inch Widescreen LED-Lit LCD Monitor
Offered by BinkieMelane
5 used & new from $130.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive, May 29, 2011
I bought this monitor for two main reasons: 1)it was cheaper than the comparable Samsung, and 2) it has options to mount on the back of the monitor (the Samsung did not). I have had the monitor for a month now, and here are some thoughts:

1) I started out connecting my laptop to this monitor via a VGA cable. The monitor was flickering slightly, and I was immediately disappointed because I thought the monitor was defective. However, after buying a HDMI to DVI cable on Amazon for $8, the flicking disappeared and the picture increased DRASTICALLY. If you are going to use this monitor, you MUST connect using the DVI port! Don't waste your LED technology on 1990 VGA technology.

2) the monitor is very thin, and aesthetically looks much better than even my old LCD monitor.

3) this looks much more expensive than a $180 monitor. The buttons are heat touch sensitive, and the overall design is sleek.

I'm very happy with this monitor, and would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about upgrading from LCD. The text is much easier to read and the picture is twice as bright and vivid.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2011 7:25 PM PDT

EQA Home CoolMesh Synchro-Tilt Mid-Back Ergonomic Task Chair with Arms
EQA Home CoolMesh Synchro-Tilt Mid-Back Ergonomic Task Chair with Arms
Offered by Britt & Jules
Price: $146.79
8 used & new from $115.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Did plenty of research, and I am happy. But not thrilled., May 23, 2011
You want the world's shortest review? This chair is pretty good.

Ok, so a bit more descriptive: you can obviously tell this chair isn't the quality of a $300+ model (my parts were slightly scratched, the armrests sometimes collapse if you lean too hard on them, etc.) But after using it for a week or so, the back actually does provide pretty good ergonomic support. It leans back the perfect amount, and the bottom is quite comfortable (and it doesn't bother my skin if I want to tuck my feet in with no shoes on).

A random computer chair your kids will use? Absolutely. But a replacement office chair that you sit in 12 hours a day? Look elsewhere.

AmazonBasics HDMI to DVI  Adapter Cable - 9.8 Feet (3 Meters)
AmazonBasics HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable - 9.8 Feet (3 Meters)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Amazon for making quality, affordable cables, March 29, 2011
I honestly didn't think the difference between VGA and HDMI/DVI would be this incredible.

Wow. Best $8 I've ever spent.

Libbey Polaris Drinking Glasses and Tumblers, Set of 16
Libbey Polaris Drinking Glasses and Tumblers, Set of 16
Offered by Featured Brands
Price: $39.49
2 used & new from $39.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as advertised, December 6, 2010
I bought these glasses based purely on reviews here on Amazon.com, and I have to say I'm impressed. For $20, it doesn't get any better. High quality; they look like a $60+ glass set.

Financially Stupid People Are Everywhere: Don't Be One Of Them
Financially Stupid People Are Everywhere: Don't Be One Of Them
by Jason Kelly
Price: $17.96
57 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars All should read. And by the end, you'll know what you should have questioned, September 14, 2010
I am an avid reader of Jason Kelly. His financial writing abilities are unique in the sense that he breaks down complicated topics for driven and motivated individuals; I often describe his books to my friends as "an `Idiot's Guide' for non-idiots." I have emailed him with financial questions of my own, and he responds as if I'm his only reader. I would highly recommend his Kelly Letter to anyone who gets this book (and no, I was not paid to say that.)

Therefore, I was extremely excited about this new book. After finally being able to grab some time, I sat down and finished within two days. Amazingly simple to read, understand, and recommend. The first sentence of the book is the most important, cutting right to the point. And his references are colorful and magnetic, just like this comparison of a credit card to a noose: "It's [the credit card company's] own fault for creating a system based on the principle of providing enough rope for people to hang themselves. If you use the rope for something other than tying a noose around your neck, it's a good free rope."

However, Jason's book is similar to a cliché job performance review: start out by highlighting separating strengths, point out weaknesses and how they are dragging down performance, and end with another strong quality. The first 4 chapters (chapter 1 especially) of this book should be memorized by every American, and the final chapters encourage you and give you the tools to capture your own financial freedom.

But the middle (chapters 5 and 6, which comprise nearly half of the entire book, and hogged about 80% of my reading time) should be questioned. Jason dives deeply into his personal opinions, albeit admirably bipartisan, about American government. If you truly are not a "financially stupid person", these chapters will feel somewhat disjointed. It seems as if he expects every reader to follow down his well trodden path like zombies. His main point is that the government and corporations are "in bed together" and that basically every financial move the government and/or corporations make is a) for financial gain and b) ignoring citizens' best interests. His perpetual interjections that the lowly taxpayers bailed every Wall Street "bad guy" out would have a novice convinced that the money used simply vanished into thin air, or was spent on a plush vacation for every CEO. It's the same feeling that made me want to attend an NRA campaign rally in Alabama after watching any Michael Moore film. Some facts: more than half of the $400 billion injected by the Treasury has been repaid, some at astronomical interest rates, and the Government's equity stakes in the various companies it "rescued" could pay off handsomely. I won't go into too much detail, because I want every reader to have their own opinion. But at some points it seems like every employee of Goldman Sachs stole Jason Kelly's lunch money in grade school. These chapters should still be read, but simply keep in mind how the opposition might retort.

The book ends nicely tied to the beginning, however. It truly is sad to see so much financial stupidity in the world, highlighted by our own Government's massive debt. I now laugh at every expensive car I see on the street, wondering how much debt they amassed trying to impress their friends. And I've never been so confident to listen to my iPod while it is only 1/3 charged (read the book to understand...)

Highly recommended.