Profile for Maximus T. Williams > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Maximus T. Williams "Husband, Father, Ideaist, Mormon" RSS Feed (Logan, Utah, United States of America)

Page: 1 | 2
As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride
As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride
Offered by Audible, Inc. (US)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kudos to Cary, October 23, 2014
Loved it! A very fun listen for any fan of The Princess Bride. Highly recommended.

GMYLE (TM) Black PU Leather Slim Perfect Fit Skin Case Cover Sleeve Slip Pouch for Google ASUS Nexus 7 / Memo Pad Asus Memo Pad ME172V ME173 Tablet 7" Android 4.1 8GB 16GB
Offered by gigacity_amn

4.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Wanted, August 26, 2012
This case was exactly what I was looking for. I wanted something that would protect my Nexus 7 without adding unnecessary bulk. A good value for the price.

New Trent Arcadia (1PC) Limir Dual Purpose Stylus/Styli for Capacitive Touch Screen Smartphones, iPhone 6, 6 Plus Note 4 and Tablets, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3. 2-in-1: Stylus (Micro-Knit Tip) and Fine Ball Pen
Offered by idealpoint
Price: $8.95
2 used & new from $8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars The Fiber Tip Is The Key, April 5, 2012
If it weren't for its unique fiber tip the New Trent Limir stylus would have a difficult time setting itself apart from the myriad of other styli. Having said that, the sensitivity and accuracy of the fiber tip is outstanding. Quite simply, this is the most responsive stylus I've used to date.

Pros:
Fiber tip provides outstanding sensitivity/accuracy

Cons:
The stylus is too short (minus 1/2 star)
Ball point pen is mediocre (minus 1/2 star)

For the time being, this is my stylus of choice.

Case-Mate CM017316 Tough Case for HTC Titan 1 pack-Case-Retail Packaging-Black/Grey
Offered by Fiestacellphonestx
Price: $23.97
4 used & new from $16.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Aptly Named, December 29, 2011
The "Tough Case" is aptly named. With two layers of protection I feel confident that my phone could withstand a fairly good drop.

Added bulk is the price you pay for this level of protection. Ultimately, I found it to be too bulky for everyday use. I purchased the 'BW Hard Shield Shell Cover Snap On Case' ([...]) for everyday use and I'm very pleased. I'll use the Case Mate when my activities call for something more rugged.

Wendigo
Wendigo
DVD
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative And Well Written, December 29, 2011
My brother has been a fan of Supernatural for some time. Recently, my wife and I decided to give it a try. So far, we're really enjoying it (almost finished with Season 1).

The episodes are well written and acted. Production value is quite high for the episodic format. I like the chemistry between the two lead actors and the fact that the show doesn't take itself too serious (without getting cheesy). Looking forward to watching the remaining seasons. Recommended.

TRENDnet 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit GREENnet Desktop Metal Housing Switch, TEG-S80g
Offered by Stick Price
Price: $29.75
114 used & new from $23.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Switch, December 29, 2011
I'm pleased with both the solid construction and throughput of the TRENDnet Switch. It truly is a plug and play device. Recommended.

Quirky Mantis Clip-On LED Task Lamp for Mac, PC, laptops

-Light output
-Auto shut off
-Solid clip mechanism

Lows:
-Power button requires some force to depress

I wanted a small, bright, light that would could clip to my desk and illuminate my keyboard tray. The Mantis fits the bill nicely. Other than the power button being overly difficult to depress, I really like it. Recommended.

Essential Windows Phone 7.5: Application Development with Silverlight (Microsoft Windows Development Series)
Price: $17.27

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Foundation, December 28, 2011
I'm a web developer by trade, so Windows Phone 7 development is new to me.

I wanted a book that met the following criteria:
1) Provide a solid foundation of the core concepts
2) Focused on Silverlight, not XNA
3) Covers that latest version of the OS (7.5 as of this writing)

Overall, the author provided just what I was looking for. The core concepts were covered thoroughly and Silverlight received top billing. Occasionally, the author uses a term or description that I feel is beyond the introductory context of the book. I'm certainly not opposed to this approach as long as the explanation is equal to the topic.

Setting aside my small gripes, the easy going, conversational style of writing should appeal to many.

A recommended read for individuals wanting a comprehensive introduction to Windows Phone 7 development.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2012 1:44 PM PST

Windows Phone 7.5 Data Cookbook
Windows Phone 7.5 Data Cookbook
Price: $14.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Info, In A Jumbled Mess, December 28, 2011
There's a lot of good information to be found within, if you're willing to exercise a great deal of patience.

Highs:
-Recipe progression well thought out
-Recipe content applicable to real-world scenarios
-The cost of the book

Lows:
-Code examples in the text differ (sometimes greatly) from those found in the source code
-Improper use of English. I admire non-native English speakers who have learned the language, but if you're going to release the book in English it should be grammatically correct

Both "lows" point to a lack of any type of meaningful proof-reading. It gets awfully old comparing every line of code in the text with the source code (Programming is challenging enough).

It's a shame, this could have been a great resource.

BW Hard Shield Shell Cover Snap On Case for AT&T HTC Titan X310E -Black
BW Hard Shield Shell Cover Snap On Case for AT&T HTC Titan X310E -Black
Offered by DigitalWireless
Price: $4.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome value, December 22, 2011
Took a chance on this because of the super low price. Was pleasantly surprised by the overall fit and feel. It exceeded my expectations.

Page: 1 | 2