Profile for Monk Sage > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Monk Sage RSS Feed (Irvine, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Soulkeepers (The Soulkeepers Series Book 1)
The Soulkeepers (The Soulkeepers Series Book 1)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars easy reading and entertaining to boot, July 16, 2014
Variation on the Angel/Demon as Reality theme. The digital print version is free so try it out. I finished the book by purchasing a discounted Audible version for use on my commute to work. This is obviously not Nobel quality literature but it is quick, easy reading and entertaining to boot. Some manly men might find the tone a bit off, and there are chapters which remind even me that I was not its target audience. But the price is right for an excursion.

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes
Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes
by Eric Litwin
Price: $9.83
121 used & new from $5.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book at a decent price., October 26, 2013
This is the one book my son loved in pre-school. He would sing along as he tried to read the words. The images are simple but pleasant, the words are simple but catchy, and the book often kept my son's attention until the end! This was a hard-cover and son loved it more because of it. We now have several other Pete-the-Cat books but this one started us out.

General Electric MSWF Refrigerator Water Filter
General Electric MSWF Refrigerator Water Filter
Price: $36.39
40 used & new from $29.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to replace water filter., October 26, 2013
I have no clue as to whether this filter is properly filtering the water but water quality has not deteriorated and no odor is evident,and so I am tentatively assuming it is doing its job. The replacement is extremely easy and it deserves the stars for the convenience. Just fill the replacement filter with water, shake some excess water off, twist off the current filter, and twist on the wet replacement. Done.

Hot Shot 5580 No Pest Strip Unscented Hanging Vapor Insect Repellent
Hot Shot 5580 No Pest Strip Unscented Hanging Vapor Insect Repellent
Price: $5.96
44 used & new from $2.91

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite sure of its efficacy., October 26, 2013
This is a review in process. I have used several of these strips in my garage and I have found dead insects around it. However I have also found quite a few insects still crawling, buzzing around outside a perimeter of a few feet still in the closed garage after many hours. But perhaps I am not using this unit properly somehow? Still testing but for now it is just ok.

Melissa & Doug Land of Dinosaurs Floor (48 pc)
Melissa & Doug Land of Dinosaurs Floor (48 pc)
Price: $12.99
76 used & new from $7.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice picture but too easy., October 26, 2013
When the seller described this as having "Extra Large" pieces they were not kidding. The picture is nice and the cardboard for the puzzle is certainly adequate. But the puzzle was intended for our then 2 year old and it was entirely too easy for him. Your mileage may vary.

DampRid FG60 Refillable Moisture Absorber, 2-Pack
DampRid FG60 Refillable Moisture Absorber, 2-Pack
Price: $5.99
6 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A great, convenient dessicant, October 26, 2013
For some god-forbidden reason master bedroom closets are often located right next to the shower, which means there will be unwanted moisture around clothes. We use this in our closet on a shelf, placed on top of a little upturned tray in case there are any leaks. So far there have been no leaks but lots of moisture sopped up by these little guys. Our closet is dry and we are quite happy.

Papo Parasaurolophus
Papo Parasaurolophus
Price: $13.57
38 used & new from $11.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Parasaurolophus that needs more color., October 26, 2013
This review is from: Papo Parasaurolophus (Toy)
This is a fairly hefty, detailed, and comparatively well made toy. However we do not know what these creatures actually looked like as far a skin and adornments, and recent books are showing this dinosaur with many color patterns. In comparison this figure is quite drab and traditional. But it is clear my son loves this Parasaurolophus figure nonetheless and takes it with him whenever he gets in the car.

Bestever Parasaurolophys Plush
Bestever Parasaurolophys Plush

3.0 out of 5 stars The size does matter., October 26, 2013
As others have posted this item turned out to be a lot smaller than one might think from the images. There is nothing inherently wrong with this plush doll but my son and daughter seem to have lost interest in it fairly quickly. Your mileage may vary.

Dreamscape Hoop Canopy
Dreamscape Hoop Canopy
Price: $19.60
3 used & new from $13.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great way to fend off flying devils., October 26, 2013
This review is from: Dreamscape Hoop Canopy (Kitchen)
The price per unit was certainly adequate. The net surprising fit my king sized bed, albeit snuggly, along with my queen and full sized beds. But what surprised me was the strength of the net itself. The sheer strength is quite good for something that looks so ephemeral. Even an inadvertent twisting up by the vacuum brush unit did not overly cut the mesh. The loss of one star is due to two issues (1) In one of my three units the plastic insert for the ceiling was defective, necessitating some jury-rigging. The piece was obviously inappropriate for this device and was also flimsy. (2) There is no fastener for the entrance so it is possible, although not likely, that the flying devils may find entry.

Plantskydd All Organic Rabbit & Small Critter Granular Repellant 1lb.
Plantskydd All Organic Rabbit & Small Critter Granular Repellant 1lb.
Offered by P Coast Partners
Price: $16.46
6 used & new from $10.84

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wretched excuse for a repellant, July 24, 2012
I bought several canisters and liberally sprinkled over our flower beds and lawn area where the rodents like to nibble. We then did this again a few days later. And then followed up with small but regular sprinklings. The feral rabbits in our area just laughed at our efforts and laid more of their wonderful pellets everywhere. For those who have achieved good results, congratulations. For us it is either traps or professional control.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2014 3:01 AM PDT