Profile for Max12 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Max12 RSS Feed (OH United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
WELLPET 634004 24-Pack Sign Shred Chicken/Turkey in Sauce Cat Food, 2.8-Ounce
WELLPET 634004 24-Pack Sign Shred Chicken/Turkey in Sauce Cat Food, 2.8-Ounce
Price: $36.11

3.0 out of 5 stars love the Signature Select Flaked Tuna & Salmon flavor, November 10, 2014
Unfortunately, my especially picky cats hardly ate any of the chicken and turkey flavor. They would eat some of the gravy and avoided the shredded chicken, especially my geriatric cats. They ate more if I cut up the chicken into very small pieces with kitchen scissors. My cats, however, love the Signature Select Flaked Tuna & Salmon flavor.

I still gave the product 3 stars despite my picky cats not liking it because it seems to be a high quality food so it's worth giving it a try as wet foods increase hydration for your cat, thus promoting urinary health. I looked for wet food options after my male cat developed crystallization of his urine which blocked his urethra. This is potentially life threatening and increasing hydration can help in preventing a recurrence.

If your cat does like it, you might want to transitioned them slowly by mixing their current food with the new canned food over a week and half to avoid diarrhea which is common when diets are abruptly changed.

PROS:
-Grain free
-No meat by products, wheat corn or soy
-Wet food promotes urinary health & hydration
-visually appealing
-Signature Selects' proteins sourced and produced in North America except for the Tuna and Salmon. Fish varieties are sourced and produced in Thailand. (per Wellness customer service rep. 10/22/14)

CON:
-my picky cats didn't like it

Wellness Signature Selects Grain Free Flaked Skipjack Tuna with Wild Salmon Entree Canned Cat Food, 5.3 oz., Case of 24
Offered by Petco
Price: $52.56

4.0 out of 5 stars My picky cats love it & I don't have to pill my cat anymore, October 22, 2014
The Skipjack Tuna is the only canned food my cats will eat (age 3-16 yrs). I looked months for a palatable, healthy wet food after my male cat developed crystallization of his urine which blocked his urethra. Wet foods help to prevent this life threatening condition since it increases hydration. All my cats rejected every other grain-free canned food I have tried except for Wellness Signature Selects Flaked Tuna & Salmon. You can see chunks of fish in gravy - no gel. My cats love the gravy so much that I have been able to "hide" small prescription pills in the food after crushing them with a mortar and pestle. Also, I transitioned them slowly by mixing their dry food with the canned food over a week and half to avoid diarrhea which is common when diets are abruptly changed.

I also tried the shredded chicken & turkey flavor from this line and had no takers. The chicken version looked like human food, but my cats seem to avoid the long shreds of meat.

Personal preference - I gave a 4 star rating over a 5 star because I prefer foods caught and produced in North America. I called Wellness customer service on 10/22/2014. Per their customer service rep, the tuna and salmon is sourced and produced in Thailand. Fish may be wild or farm raised depending on availability. All other protein sources in this line originate from local sources near the production plants located in the US and Canada. This information applies to the Signature Select line. I don't know about the other Wellness lines.

PROS:
-All my picky cats love it
-Poultry free (in case your cat is allergic)
-No meat by products, wheat corn or soy, Grain Free
-Wet food promotes urinary health & hydration

CON:
-Not sourced and produced in North America

Wellness Cat Signature Selects Shredded Chicken/Turkey 24/2.8oz
Wellness Cat Signature Selects Shredded Chicken/Turkey 24/2.8oz
Offered by PetFoodStation
Price: $41.99
6 used & new from $40.17

3.0 out of 5 stars my picky cats didn't like, but quality food, October 22, 2014

PROS:
-Grain free
-No meat by products, wheat corn or soy
-Wet food promotes urinary health & hydration
-visually appealing

CON:
-my picky cats didn't like it

Wellness Signature Selects Grain Free Shredded White Meat Chicken & Turkey Entree Canned Cat Food, 2.8 oz., Case of 24
Offered by Petco
Price: $38.16

PROS:
-Grain free
-No meat by products, wheat corn or soy
-Wet food promotes urinary health & hydration
-visually appealing

CON:
-my picky cats didn't like it

Wellness Signature Selects Shredded White Meat Chicken and Turkey Entrée in Sauce, 5.3-Ounce Can, Case of 24
7 used & new from $42.99

3.0 out of 5 stars my picky cats didn't like, but high quality food, October 22, 2014

PROS:
-Grain free
-No meat by products, wheat corn or soy
-Wet food promotes urinary health & hydration
-visually appealing

CON:
-my picky cats didn't like it

Wellness Signature Selects Shredded Chicken & Turkey - 24x5.3 oz
Wellness Signature Selects Shredded Chicken & Turkey - 24x5.3 oz
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
2 used & new from $42.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Picky cats did not like, but quality food, October 22, 2014

PROS:
-Grain free
-No meat by products, wheat corn or soy
-Wet food promotes urinary health & hydration
-visually appealing

CON:
-my picky cats didn't like it

Wellness Signature Selects Flaked Tuna & Wild Salmon - 24x5.3 oz
Wellness Signature Selects Flaked Tuna & Wild Salmon - 24x5.3 oz
Price: $42.99

4.0 out of 5 stars My picky cats love it and I don't have to pill my cat anymore, October 22, 2014
The Skipjack Tuna is the only canned food my cats will eat (age 3-16 yrs). I looked months for a palatable, healthy wet food after my male cat developed crystallization of his urine which blocked his urethra. Wet foods help to prevent this life threatening condition since it increases hydration. All my cats rejected every other grain-free canned food I tried except for Wellness Signature Selects Flaked Tuna & Salmon. You can see chunks of fish in gravy - no gel. My cats love the gravy so much that I have been able to "hide" small prescription pills in the food after crushing them with a mortar and pestle. Also, I transitioned the food slowly by mixing their current dry with the canned over a week and half to avoid diarrhea which is common when diets are abruptly changed.

PROS:
-All my picky cats love it
-Poultry free (in case your cat is allergic)
-No meat by products, wheat corn or soy, Grain-free
-Wet food promotes urinary health & hydration

CON:
-Not sourced and produced in North America

Wellness Signature Selects Flaked Tuna & Wild Salmon - 24x2.8 oz
Wellness Signature Selects Flaked Tuna & Wild Salmon - 24x2.8 oz
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $29.99

The Skipjack Tuna is the only canned food my cats will eat (age 3-16 yrs). I looked months for a palatable, healthy wet food after my male cat developed crystallization of his urine which blocked his urethra. Wet foods help to prevent this life threatening condition since it increases hydration. All my cats rejected every other grain-free canned food I tried except for Wellness Signature Selects Flaked Tuna & Salmon. You can see chunks of fish in gravy - no gel. My cats love the gravy so much that I have been able to "hide" small prescription pills in the food after crushing them with a mortar and pestle. Also, I transitioned the food slowly by mixing their dry with the canned food over a week and half to avoid diarrhea which is common when diets are abruptly changed.

PROS:
-All my picky cats love it
-Poultry free (in case your cat is allergic)
-No meat by products, Grain-free, no wheat corn or soy
-Wet food promotes urinary health & hydration

CON:
-Not sourced and produced in North America

Wellness Signature Selects Flaked Skipjack Tuna with Wild Salmon Entrée in Broth, 5.3-Ounce Can, Case of 24
7 used & new from $42.99

The Skipjack Tuna is the only canned food my cats will eat (age 3-16 yrs). I looked months for a palatable, healthy wet food after my male cat developed crystallization of his urine which blocked his urethra. Wet foods help to prevent this life threatening condition since it increases hydration. All my cats rejected every other grain-free canned food I tried except for Wellness Signature Selects Flaked Tuna & Salmon. You can see chunks of fish in gravy - no gel. My cats love the gravy so much that I have been able to "hide" small prescription pills in the food after crushing them with a mortar and pestle. Also, I transitioned them over to the new food slowly by mixing their current dry food with the canned over a week and half to avoid diarrhea which is common when diets are abruptly changed.

PROS:
-All my picky cats love it
-Poultry free (in case your cat is allergic)
-No meat by products, wheat corn or soy, Grain Free
-Wet food promotes urinary health & hydration

CON:
-Not sourced and produced in North America

DampRid Hanging Moisture Absorber Fragrance Free
DampRid Hanging Moisture Absorber Fragrance Free
Price: $3.97
5 used & new from $3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! 2 Cups of water in the bag!!, November 24, 2013
We have a 4x4 closet by our front door and I detected a slightly musty odor which gave me concern. There are no obvious sources of water at the location and no evidence of water damage or mold. I wanted to be proactive so decided to give DampRid a try, but was highly skeptical that much if any water would be extracted. Wow, was I wrong as you can see from the uploaded picture! I hung it with my coats and forgot about it until 3 months later and could not believe how much water the crystals collected. Total contents measured two cups. I will never go without them and plan on stocking up for closets in my basement and my bathroom. Fantastic product.
Comment Comment | Permalink