Profile for Kitty Page > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kitty Page RSS Feed (WA, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Install Bay Split Loom 1/4 Inch 100 Foot Coil - SLT14
Install Bay Split Loom 1/4 Inch 100 Foot Coil - SLT14
Offered by Cyber Overstock
Price: $10.95
40 used & new from $9.30

4.0 out of 5 stars We got this to cover cords to keep our cats ..., March 4, 2015
We got this to cover cords to keep our cats from chewing on them. It was a little difficult to get on the cords, but did exactly what we needed it to do without being too bulky.

Go Cat Cat Catcher Teaser Wand with Mouse Cat Toy
Go Cat Cat Catcher Teaser Wand with Mouse Cat Toy
Price: $8.88
10 used & new from $4.69

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my cat's favourite toy. It's so simple but the wire that's ..., March 4, 2015
This is my cat's favourite toy. It's so simple but the wire that's used allows the mouse to really bounce around. My cat has a tendency to manage to pull the wire part off the stick, but she'll continue to play with. I don't think this a huge flaw though because she's pretty rough and it still lasts a while before she manages to break it.

SmartyKat Catnip Kiss Cat Toy Compressed Catnip Ball
SmartyKat Catnip Kiss Cat Toy Compressed Catnip Ball
Price: $2.97
13 used & new from $2.97

5.0 out of 5 stars though it gets lost behind and under furniture pretty easily., March 4, 2015
My cat loves this, though it gets lost behind and under furniture pretty easily.

SmartyKat Loco! Laser Cat Toy Interactive Laser Pointer
SmartyKat Loco! Laser Cat Toy Interactive Laser Pointer
Price: $3.97
13 used & new from $3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars My cats love this. I kind of wish there was a ..., March 4, 2015
My cats love this. I kind of wish there was a way to just have a constant light instead of having to hold the button down, but, for the price, it's a great way to give my cats some much-needed exercise. I had one before and the battery died, and, while you can replace the battery, I opted to just get a new one since the price on Amazon is so low.

TOUCH N BROW Razor (3 Pcs)
TOUCH N BROW Razor (3 Pcs)
Offered by HairProducts
Price: $4.75
16 used & new from $4.44

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these things for cleaning up my eyebrows without having ..., March 4, 2015
This review is from: TOUCH N BROW Razor (3 Pcs) (Misc.)
I love these things for cleaning up my eyebrows without having to tweeze. They're well priced, last a while, and very easy to use.

Schick Quattro For Women Trimstyle Razor & Bikini Trimmer (Colors May Vary)
Schick Quattro For Women Trimstyle Razor & Bikini Trimmer (Colors May Vary)
Price: $14.94
24 used & new from $9.80

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, but dies pretty quickly., March 4, 2015
I've gotten these a few these and I really like the trimmer, though I think the razor is absolutely awful. Couldn't get a close shave at all.
However, these things really lack durability. Each one I've owned has lasted a maximum of six months before it just stops working. I have no idea why. I changed the batteries but it will not turn on. They're not too pricey so this hasn't been a giant put off for me, but it's definitely not great.

The Graveyard Book
The Graveyard Book
by Neil Gaiman
Price: $14.66
329 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, August 9, 2013
This review is from: The Graveyard Book (Hardcover)
Neil Gaiman never fails to deliver with his works. The Graveyard book is inspired by The Jungle Book, and it definitely comes through without being forced. The Graveyard book is a quick and enjoyable read. Definitely recommended.

Speakal iPanda 2.1 Stereo iPod Docking Station with 5 Speakers
Speakal iPanda 2.1 Stereo iPod Docking Station with 5 Speakers

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable machine with awesome sound, December 16, 2011
I bought this as a gift for a seventeen year old girl, but I wanted to test it before hand to check the speaker quality. I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but wow was I impressed. The speakers sound great! The only complaints I had were that the plastic part around the docking station (which can be removed and swapped out to fit different iPod generations) was rather hard to get off and the ears (which function as volume adjusters) were a little too sensitive. I kept accidentally brushing them when I would reach to change the songs and even that light touch would cause the volume to change. Other than that, however, it worked beautifully and was adorable to boot.

Alice: Madness Returns - PC
Alice: Madness Returns - PC
Offered by TnsDeals
Price: $9.99
21 used & new from $6.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Alice's long awaited return to Wonderland..., June 19, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I am by no means far in the game as of yet, so this is a sort of "first impression" review.

To give you a bit of perspective, I played American McGee's Alice as a kid when it first came out nearly eleven years ago. I became an instant fan and the talked about but never released sequel was a cruel, constant taunt. When Alice: Madness Returns was announced, I was thrilled that my years of waiting would finally be rewarded. The question now: Was it worth the wait?

Overall, this game is (so far) absolutely amazing. It is visually stunning and it's well worth it to take the time to stop and admire the scenery. The story has many of the same elements of the original but has enough added to make it new and unique in its own way. It definitely has a different visual style than the original, but it is by no means a downgrade. The story is similar but adds a new dimension to Alice's madness, which I appreciated a great deal. The script is, at times, a bit off, but it contains the same cynical humour from the first and is far from awful. There seems to only be four weapons that Alice may carry, but each weapon is upgradable and the new added elements (e.g., shrinking and an ability to dodge) make up for the lack of physical weapons.

Cons:

-Script occasionally sacrifices quality for quantity, particularly when Alice is speaking, and is sometimes delivered too quickly. This is not a constant, though.

-The graphics engine is not the best. I had a major problem with frame skips when I first started. However, I lowered the resolution and turned off the bells and whistles and no longer had this problem.

-There is no manual save, only autosave. While the game does save very frequently (basically before any area where Alice may die), this can be very frustrating if you have to stop playing for any reason.

-The camera can be frustrating to control, depending on your mouse type. I would have preferred an option to stay in first-person view.

-This is a strange one, but the way Alice walks irritates me. She runs no matter what and her hair flies back as if she is moving at great speed, even if she moves only a few feet. She then abruptly stops and her hair flies forward. It isn't a big deal, but it's annoying to look at sometimes.

Pros:

-The voice acting rings true to the original and is very well done.

-The environments are absolutely breathtaking. I cannot stress enough how much obvious effort went into the visuals in this game.

-The added elements are fun and easy to adapt to.

-Shrinking. I absolutely love this feature. It adds a new puzzle to each environment and reminds me very much of the puzzles in Zelda games.

-Alice's new outfits are lovely and each one has a different benefit. The option to pick an individual one or let the game decide is nice and offers possible replay value.

-The collectible items also offer replay value and the memories are an excellent touch to the game.

If you enjoyed the first game, you should definitely pick up this sequel (I also recommend picking up the art book). I can only hope that the remainder of the game is as entertaining as the first part has been. I'll most likely update the review when I complete the game.

Confidential Confessions, Book 3
Confidential Confessions, Book 3
by Reiko Momochi
51 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 28, 2011
I absolutely love this series. Momochi tackles head-on many issues that are rarely addressed, and does so in a way that does not come across as preachy or full of NARM. This is one of my favourite series and I recommend it to anyone interested in these kinds of stories.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3