Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Profile for Chemitzi > Reviews

Browse

Chemitzi's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chemitzi RSS Feed (San Antonio, TX)

Free Gift with Purchase: My Improbable Career in Magazines and Makeup
Free Gift with Purchase: My Improbable Career in Magazines and Makeup
by Jean Godfrey-June
33 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, July 25, 2007
I almost felt guilty that I had so much fun reading this book. I read it in one day--couldn't put it down. I felt like I was spying on someone (and something) that I wasn't supposed to know about. Highly entertaining.

What A Party!: My Life Among Democrats: Presidents, Candidates, Donors, Activists, Alligators and Other Wild Animals
by Steve Kettmann
117 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars ADHD, July 25, 2007
The first hundred pages of this book almost gave me whiplash. When he claims to be hyperactive, I totally agree, because he jumps from story to story with no seeming connection. But once Clinton takes office, I assume he had the daily logs to guide him, and things got a little more linear.

That said, I loved every page for its entertaining stories and enterprising spirit. This guy really made a difference.

His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage Fifteenth Anniversary Edition
by Willard F. Harley
569 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Alternating chapters, July 6, 2006
Harley is balanced in his approach to marriage advice: One chapter talks about what men need, the next about what women need. I don't see how people can say the book bashes women or men; it's very even-handed in placing "blame" for ailing marriages. He admits that not everyone is stereotypical and that is why he includes the questionnaires at the end: so you can find out for yourself what your partner needs from you and what you need from your partner. I'd be willing to be that most of the criticisms of this book are from single people or newly married people. Those of us in long-lasting marriages can see the wisdom in it. Still, no one book is going to be The Answer to a perfect relationship. Learn what you can from it and make your own decisions. I'm glad I read it, but also glad that Amazon gives me the chance to get perspective on what I just read by reading the opinions of others.

Teacher Man: A Memoir (The Frank McCourt Memoirs)
Teacher Man: A Memoir (The Frank McCourt Memoirs)
by Frank McCourt
Price: $18.88
882 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Uninspiring, January 1, 2006
While parts of this book were excellent, it left me with an empty feeling. I felt sorry for the hundreds of kids who went through McCourt's classes when he was a lousy teacher (as he describes himself). I've been a teacher for 18 years and can testify that having administrators who support you and believe in you can inspire good teaching, as they ultimately did for McCourt. I liked the part about how teaching teenagers changes you into one of them: I copied that page and tacked it to the bulletin board in the teacher workroom.

Gaspard and Lisa at the Museum (Gaspard and Lisa Books)
Gaspard and Lisa at the Museum (Gaspard and Lisa Books)
by Anne Gutman
41 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Charm rediscovered, January 1, 2006
I read to my son every day and go to the library once a week. Too many children's books today are crass and sarcastic. That's why I love the Gaspard and Lisa series. They are truly charming, with cute illustrations and delightful stories not necessarily designed to teach any lessons other than friends are great and adventures are fun.