Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Northern California)

The Glo Bag - The Ultimate Gym Locker Organizer Backpack: Solid Black
The Glo Bag - The Ultimate Gym Locker Organizer Backpack: Solid Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag - outstanding customer service., February 15, 2014
[Original Review - Did a lot of homework before I bought this gym bag. I like the bag overall, it fits my shoes nicely in the bottom compartment and my gym clothes, etc above. Easy to carry. BUT - First time I used it, the the zipper pull of the inner pocket (top compartment) fell off in my hand. I looked closely, and the the zipper wasn't stitched properly, and it will be very difficult to fix. I hate returning things, so this will probably be a hand-me-down and I'll look elsewhere. Too bad.]

EDIT - Ok... Color me impressed. One of the company reps emailed me soon after I wrote this review, but I didn't bother reading it... Then today, a new bag, with all the zippers working perfectly, arrived on my doorstep - unasked for. The bag is great, works perfectly, looks sharp and the customer service is outstanding. And now, I guess I'm going to have to return the original one out of guilt. :-)

Thank you!

Hank Williams: The Biography
Hank Williams: The Biography

2.0 out of 5 stars Good info, very poorly conveyed, September 10, 2013
After a recent trip to Nashville and listening to a lot of country music, I decided to download a book on Hank - one of my all time favorite artists. Checked the reviews and chose this one... and was very disappointed.

The authors make it clear that the book has gone thru a couple of updates over the last few years, and it shows. While I enjoyed the information, I found it was presented in an almost unreadable and completely disjointed format. The authors skip around from year to year, town to town and back again - there is no linear progression that would make the information so much more enjoyable. I felt like I had to take notes to figure out where we were in the timeline.

Maybe they can clean it all up on the next re-write!

A Pool Without Water, Seen From A Motel Window
A Pool Without Water, Seen From A Motel Window

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun and fascinating read, November 1, 2012
I downloaded Sacramento Stories not knowing quite what to expect, and was sucked in right from the first couple of pages. Ginter weaves a sweet, odd and entertaining tale between a cast of characters set in Sacramento California. He makes the people on the pages come to life in a way that you care about them immediately and you keep turning pages to make sure they turn out ok.

Looking forward to his next effort.

Hundred Pushups
Hundred Pushups
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, October 9, 2011
This review is from: Hundred Pushups (App)
One of the least user-friendly apps I've downloaded yet. Very simple concept, but very poor executed with this app. Don't waste your money and time.

Solitaire Deluxe® (Ad-Free)
Solitaire Deluxe® (Ad-Free)

1.0 out of 5 stars Ripoff, June 26, 2011
This review is from: Solitaire Deluxe® (Ad-Free) (App)
Hey Amazon, this is getting embarrassing. I'm a huge fan of you and of Android, but you gotta stop putting crap like this up. Please.

Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation)
Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation)
3 used & new from $242.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect For a First Generation, December 3, 2007
I am duly impressed. Been playing with my Kindle for a week now and have used it for books, newspapers, mags and blogs. It works as advertised... fast, efficient, easy to use and cool. While reading a novel I found myself starting to try and physically turn the page. The graphic test is excellent quality, and the screen is sized nicely.

Haven't used the audio yet, but will get to it soon.

I recommend turning the wireless off when you are not using it to save on battery life.

Clearly this is a a first generation product however and that should be taken into account. The buttons are a little clumsy and could be better placed, it is a little hard to get used to how to hold the Kindle without pushing a button, the "Back" button could function better, the volume buttons are easily pushed accidentally, etc.. And the cover looks nice but is ridiculous: doesn't really fit well, hard to trust that the Kindle won't fall out, and it makes the whole thing twice the size. We will have to wait for some Amazon or 3rd party accessories that work better.

BUT, having said all that... I am very happy to own this product and am enjoying it every day. Downloading the NY Times and WSJ every morning is so quick and easy that I have already canceled my paper subscriptions, and I am in the middle of 3 books.

I believe Amazon has done something similar to what Apple did with the Ipod in the mp3 world.

I look forward to the improvements they come up with.

Jason Liles.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2007 7:12 PM PST

All Over
All Over
by Roy Kesey
Price: $11.15
34 used & new from $0.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, sad, wonderful, November 25, 2007
This review is from: All Over (Paperback)
Loved this book. Kesey has an easy and enlightening way of telling his stories - I hope he writes another collection quickly.