Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for Beach Gal > Reviews

Browse

Beach Gal's Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Beach Gal RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
InteVision Four Position Support Pillow (20.5" x 8" x 4.5") with 400 Thread Count, 100% Egyptain Cotton Cover
Offered by TravelMate
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable under my knees., November 27, 2015
I bought this after experiencing one during a massage, lying on my back with it under my knees. I almost fell asleep...this fits the bill. I am fairly thin; someone larger might want a longer one. It comes very compressed, but expanded properly and quickly. I also use it under one knee when sleeping on my side (I shift around while sleeping.)

ChefLand Quilon Parchment Paper Pan Liner Baking Sheets - 12" x 16", 100 Pack.
ChefLand Quilon Parchment Paper Pan Liner Baking Sheets - 12" x 16", 100 Pack.
Price: $14.89
2 used & new from $14.89

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit thin, November 27, 2015
I like that it's already cut, and you don't have to deal with it curling because it's not in a roll. But it's thin, oil seeps through it while baking. The parchment from Costco (which they only seem to have around Christmas) is heavier, such that I don't even have to wash my cookie sheets after baking.

Scotch Sure Start Shipping Packaging Tape, 1.88 Inches x 54.6 Yards, 3 Rolls (3450-3)
Price: $11.50
25 used & new from $11.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to make it tear in tape gun, November 27, 2015
I'm not sure about this tape. I like that it's not so noisy, and it seems sturdy enough, but when mounted in the "tape gun," it's hard to get it to tear properly against the "teeth." The usual wrist snap doesn't do it, it's almost as though the tape is too soft.

Classic Accessories 55-338-371501-00 Veranda Grill Cover, Medium Small, Pebble
Classic Accessories 55-338-371501-00 Veranda Grill Cover, Medium Small, Pebble
Price: $37.45
10 used & new from $37.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, November 27, 2015
This is a great grill cover. Well-made and good features. It's heavy enough that it won't blow off in the wind, even if I don't fasten it at the bottom. Much sturdier than what I find at the big box retailers.

Aerosoles Women's Mr Softee Slip-On Loafer,Black Soft,8.5 M US
Aerosoles Women's Mr Softee Slip-On Loafer,Black Soft,8.5 M US
Offered by FootSmart
Price: $64.95
6 used & new from $53.11

1.0 out of 5 stars Sizing inconsistent, November 27, 2015
These were way too long and too wide. The size on the shoe said 8.5M, but they were much bigger than an 8.5M I'd tried on locally. I returned these and bought local. They are a versatile style that can be dressier or casual.

TCP RLR301050ND LED BR30 - 65 Watt Equivalent (8.5W) Daylight (5000K) Flood Light Bulb
Price: $20.30
6 used & new from $14.43

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, except for the logo on them, August 19, 2015
Excellent bulbs, great light, our aging eyes really appreciate the daylight/5000K in the kitchen. A big improvement from the CFLs. We elected to go with 5000K in the bathroom as well, but got dimmable bulbs instead locally, at a much higher price. Who needs daylight at bedtime? Not us. Note that these bulbs have the brand name stamped on them ("TCP"), I haven't been able to get it off. You can't see it when the light is turned on. I took off a star for that; I don't like it. I clipped part of the box lid and taped it to the back of a cabinet so I would know what to reorder if I need more, bulbs come in such variety of types, lumens, and temperature now. This company's website lists more kinds of bulbs than I knew existed.
Comment Comment | Permalink

10X Magnifying Makeup Mirror
10X Magnifying Makeup Mirror
Offered by CashCo1000, Inc. (USA Merchant)
Price: $4.76
3 used & new from $2.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Revlon is worth the extra money, July 29, 2015
I churn through these mirrors because I'm always leaving them stuck to the motel mirrors. I usually buy Revlon but thought I'd try these instead. The optics aren't as good, it just doesn't seem as clear and its hard to find the proper distance to get myself in focus. And the suction cups don't stick as well. One of mine had a black frame and one was maroon.

Vollrath (Z4014) 14" Wear-Ever® CeramiGuard II Fry Pan w/ Handle
Vollrath (Z4014) 14" Wear-Ever® CeramiGuard II Fry Pan w/ Handle
Offered by Supreme Hotel & Restaurant Supply
Price: $81.39
9 used & new from $73.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Patience required for glass-top use, March 10, 2015
Like another reviewer, I have a glass-top stove. Unless you warm up the pan very slowly (starting on Low, then up to Medium, then to Medium-High), it warps too much on the bottom. And you've got to have something in it while it warms up--I use water, then dump it out. If you keep it on Low, it stays pretty flat, but Low isn't hot enough for my use. I bought it specifically because other reviewers have used it successfully on Medium-High, which I like to use to stir-fry and sear, and you usually can't do that with a nonstick pan. The warping doesn't matter as much if you are constantly stir-frying and moving food around (except you have to hold the handle because not much of the pan contacts the stove so it moves) but if you are just letting things sit in it, the center gets much hotter because of the warping. It washes beautifully. I don't think it's too heavy, and yes, it's big--just what I wanted.

Conair Cuisinart CPT-122 2-Slice Compact Plastic Toaster (White)
Conair Cuisinart CPT-122 2-Slice Compact Plastic Toaster (White)
Price: Click here to see our price
61 used & new from $21.95

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT a true bagel toaster, August 20, 2014
I let this toaster go through six cycles, because I've read that toasters need a few run-throughs. The regular setting is identical to the bagel setting, I took photos to prove it. All four heating elements heat up the same amount on both settings, instead of just two elements for bagels or English muffins. My search for a true bagel setting will continue...how exasperating.

Satin Smooth Nice 'n Neat Single Cartridge Wax Warmer Kit
Satin Smooth Nice 'n Neat Single Cartridge Wax Warmer Kit
Price: $96.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Much Better Than "Warmer Pot and Stick" for Me, August 6, 2014
I bought this to replace a traditional wax "pot and stick" system for leg waxing. It's much better. There are no drips, it's easier and much faster, and it's especially easier to apply the wax to awkward places (backs of knees, for example), and the wax goes on more evenly. The cartridge holder doesn't get covered with wax like the pot did. I used to put a folded shower curtain on the floor and then an old sheet on top of that, and there were drips everywhere. For this, I just sat on a towel-covered chair and put my foot up on a stool. Simple. No drips.

The bottled skin products with it are fine, but I don't find them any better than what I used before (baby oil to wipe up spills, baby wipes--or any cleanser-- for pre-treatment, regular lotion afterwards and regular aloe gel from the drugstore). You do have to be careful to hold the wax cartridge unit at a 45 degree angle, or even steeper. The wax does not come out smoothly (like it shows in the picture), it "misses" very tiny areas, but it still works well enough. I've been waxing my legs for several years with the old system and my skin is pretty tough so I don't get any rashes afterwards, maybe a few red spots that last only a little while. I did wait the full recommended 30 minutes to stabilize the consistency of the wax while heating, but I had to turn up the temperature a notch past medium to get it to stay runny enough. I will try it even higher next time to see if it thins it out more, or I might try a different kind of wax as it seemed kind of thick in places. It was pink wax, like the photo. I did my lower legs and it did not use a whole cartridge. You can apply several sections of wax at a time and then strip them.

As for the non woven strips that came with it, I will use them all up but I prefer cutting my own muslin ones from a roll (GIGI Natural Muslin Roll) with pinking shears (no loose threads sticking to your legs). Muslin molds better to my bony/curved areas (ankles, knees). I cut a whole bunch of strips at once, putting the roll on my paper towel rod (which lets it spin freely but keeps it in place) for the cutting. I use each strip twice (it works even though it's got wax on it for the second use), then fold it in half to use a clean "half section" for smaller, left over areas. That's also a good way to get rid of missed wax globs; back when I let them practice on me at the local beauty college (that's how I learned to do it myself) they just took a strip and quickly "stabbed" at the wax glob and it lifts right off. It's too hard to get those off with oil.

This will be five stars if I figure out how to get the wax a bit thinner.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3