Profile for Tlion > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tlion RSS Feed

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit [HD]
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit [HD]
DVD
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars A Mere Shadow of Jack Ryan, February 28, 2015
The movie seemed disjointed and never built a sense of tension or suspense. Chris Pine did not impress as the Jack Ryan portrayed in the Clancy novels. About midway through the movie I didn't care anymore and just watched to see if there was an interesting twist or action sequence. My wife bailed out entirely and did something else.

Bosch [HD]
Bosch [HD]
DVD

3.0 out of 5 stars Mostly good series shows promise., February 20, 2015
This review is from: Bosch [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
I'm a Michael Connelly fan and love the Bosch books. I've seen six episodes of this series so far and it's a fair representation of the regular characters and the procedural dramas. The acting is mostly good but I thought the story lagged a little in the last few episodes. The challenge will be to be able to sustain quality scripts and avoid the just another cop show label. Interesting stories have to be done without relying on a mass murderer on the loose. Looking forward to more.

SanDisk Ultra 16GB SDHC Class 10/UHS-1 Flash Memory Card Speed Up To 30MB/s- SDSDU-016G-U46 (Label May Change) [Old Version]
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: $12.95
41 used & new from $2.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine Memory Card - But, January 7, 2014
The 16 GB SDHC Class 10 memory card worked well for a two week vacation of mostly photos and some short videos. Since I was switching memory cards it would be nice if SanDisk shipped the memory card in a reusable hinged plastic case instead of the cheap cardboard and plastic wrapping that is too big and can't be reused very well. If buying memory cards by brand name is important, then why not have quality packaging as well? This is why I did not rate the card five stars.

GE WR62X10055 Solenoid Assembly for Refrigerator
GE WR62X10055 Solenoid Assembly for Refrigerator
Price: $25.24
6 used & new from $25.24

5.0 out of 5 stars New Solenoid Assembly Solves the Ice Maker Frost Problem, November 27, 2013
The part was easy to install. I probably would not have attempted to diagnose the problem and then figure out how to disassemble the door parts if I did not see the YouTube videos on making these kind of repairs. Once you know how to proceed it's a short job. I had previously replaced the warped ice maker door flapper and the spring for the door flapper, but I found the new flapper was still getting stuck in the open position because of corrosion on the plunger on the solenoid assembly. The replacement part seem to be coated to avoid the corrosion problem. It's been working perfectly now for a month. Time will tell. If I had this to do over I would just buy the flapper, the spring for the flapper door, and this solenoid assembly and replace all of them at the same time. The parts are inexpensive and they solve what seems to be a common problem with the ice maker door assemblies.

General Electric MWF Refrigerator Water Filter
General Electric MWF Refrigerator Water Filter
Price: $38.88
44 used & new from $29.20

4.0 out of 5 stars GE Refridgerator Water Filter, June 3, 2013
The filter arrived quickly and installs easily in seconds. I replaced my filter when the "Reset water filter" light would come on and not rest after holding the reset button in for 3 seconds. The light was orange and would not go off with a reset nor would it go off after I installed the new filter. I tried several times over the next few weeks with the same result. I checked the filter itself and verified it was installed correctly. Finally I noticed the reset filter light was now red instead of orange. I held the button in and the light blinked a few times and then went out. Other than replacing the filter when the reset does not work, none of this was explained by the refrigerator manual.
I do not give this filter five stars because I think it is a little expensive for what it does.

Vacuum Cleaner Bags -Type Y Set of 3
Vacuum Cleaner Bags -Type Y Set of 3
Offered by B & M Housewares
Price: $7.99
9 used & new from $2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Type Y Vacuum Cleaner Bags, December 21, 2011
I ordered the Hoover brand Type Y replacement bags for my Hoover vacuum cleaner. They cost a little more than some generic Type Y bags, but I thought it was worth it to buy the manufacturer's bags to ensure a proper fit. The bag opening attaches to the vacuum cleaner port and the bag has to have an immediate 90 degree bend to fit inside the enclosure. A previous bag not made by Hoover seemed to fit poorly and some debris would collect inside the vacuum cleaner without reaching the bag. Since I have these Hoover bags, I have not experienced that problem, so it seems to be worth a few cents more. Shipment was very prompt.

LIGHTS OF AMERICA 2630B Circline Compact Fluorescent Replacement Tri Phosphor Light Bulb, 30W
Offered by toolboxsupply
Price: $9.99
24 used & new from $0.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Lights of America Replacement Bulb, December 20, 2011
This was the first time I replaced this circular florescent bulb in a Lights of America ceiling light fixture. After searching online and checking the local box stores, I was concerned that if I did not buy an exact replacement bulb produced by Lights of America that the bulb might not fit correctly, as this did not seem to be a common size. I looked at various generic replacement bulbs, and many of them did not seem to be well described as to size and what they would fit. I also noticed some reviewers purchased replacement bulbs that did not fit correctly. Rather than waste time trying to decipher the many offerings for confidence in a bulb that would fit correctly, I ordered the Lights of America replacement bulb found on Amazon. It arrived promptly and was well packed against breakage. It installed easily but snugly. The final judgement on the bulb quality must wait to determine if it has a long life, which is the only reason I give a 4 star and not a 5 star rating.

Brother Black Toner Cartridge (TN-350)
Brother Black Toner Cartridge (TN-350)
Price: $51.44
140 used & new from $33.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Brother TN-350 Black Toner Cartridge, October 29, 2011
This is the second Brother toner cartridge I purchased through Amazon. It installs easy and has not had any problems. I have not experienced any smearing or other quality of print issues. I know other reviewers commented on the relatively low page count from this cartridge. While I have not estimated the page count I'm getting, this does not seem to be a major issue to me. As mentioned by others, you can tape over the optical sensor that stops the printer from working with a cartridge with low toner, and bypassing this does provide many more pages for those that want to get the most out of the cartridge, although the contrast is not very good. That may be adequate if you you don't need a nice sharp copy. Overall I would recommend this cartridge.