Profile for Quirky Girl > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1338

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Quirky Girl RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Beechwood Mountain BSD-6B-W Solid Beech Wood Bar Stool in Walnut for Kitchen and dining
Price: $161.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous and Comfortable, June 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is simply gorgeous. The wood is a beautiful dark cherry red. The seat is comfortable and wide. I've never sat on a bar stool that was as comfortable as this. It's heavy/sturdy. Beautiful.

Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Mega Cherry Tomato Seed Pod Kit (7-Pods)
Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Mega Cherry Tomato Seed Pod Kit (7-Pods)
4 used & new from $22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Transplanted Outside - So Many Tomatoes!, June 28, 2016
I started this plant inside and they grew so crazily that I decided to replant them outside. Well, that was INTERESTING. I didn't stop to consider how I'd untangle the roots from the lid of the Aerogarden. So. I ended up transplanting it STILL IN THE LID of the areogarden. lol. And the tomatoes keep coming and coming. They aren't super flavorful, but I like them well enough that I eat a BLT almost everyday.
We've also had some really dry weather and they've done fantastic, even when I skip watering a day or two.

Calvin Klein Jeans Women's Legging, Dark Rinse, 32
Calvin Klein Jeans Women's Legging, Dark Rinse, 32
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Comfortable - Almost Black In Color, June 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ok. These are too big for me, HOWEVER, I have gone up in size (usually a 4-6) and thought they might fit. My waist is 28 and these are too big (which I expected). However. I've been wearing them around the house anyway, and they are extremely comfortable. They are soft. A deep dark color that could probably pass for black if you're trying to get away with wearing them to work (they don't look like jeans!).
I'm 5'4 120-125 (damn you menopause!) (just kidding, it's totally my lack of willpower that's caused me to gain weight!). Like I said, a bit too big for me, but super super comfortable.

Tomcat 12 Count Ant Glue Traps
Tomcat 12 Count Ant Glue Traps
Offered by Independence Fulfillment Services
Price: $7.87
10 used & new from $3.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, June 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Works great. Able to hide these around the kitchen and garage and they seem to work well. After a week, we have significantly less ants.
Sorry ants.

The Brand Mapping Strategy: Design, Build, and Accelerate Your Brand
The Brand Mapping Strategy: Design, Build, and Accelerate Your Brand
by Karen Leland
Price: $14.79
32 used & new from $10.67

3.0 out of 5 stars Geared Toward The Novice, June 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was okay. For me, having read many books about branding, there was nothing new. For the new reader to branding, it might be helpful in understanding why branding matters and how to implement a branding strategy for yourself or your business (this was more geared toward business).
Nothing of value for those who've been around the business. Worth the buy for a novice.

Paper Mate InkJoy Mini Retractable Ballpoint Pens, Medium Point, Assorted, 4 Pack (1951381)
Price: $7.08
2 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Portability, June 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are cheerful, small enough to fit in a clutch person, even a pants pocket. The writing is smooth, though not as smooth as other ink pens I've used. The colors are pink/purple/red/black.

Break in Case of Emergency: A novel
Break in Case of Emergency: A novel
by Jessica Winter
Price: $17.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Brave to Satire Non-Profits!, June 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm almost 50, though I've been accused of not acting my age, which is perhaps why I thought this novel was very funny and very different and very brave.
In an era of time when charity is at its peak (you can't shop anywhere without a cashier asking for a donation for the CEO of a charity - er, I mean, for a charity), it's sacrilegious to poke fun of a non-profit, just like you seldom seem Muslims or Autistic people being made fun of. So, this book, though it has all the NYC Chick-lit check off lists, puts a brilliant, comedic, ironic, spin on the genre.
Jessica is a good writer. The ONLY reason I didn't give it four stars, is because I just wish she would have had more of a spine. I loved the old Shopaholic books; the lead character of Becky Bloomwood was daft and bumbling, but she still had this courageous attitude; I would have loved to see the lead character (Jen) have more backbone. I understand the whole point of the book was about her transformation from sap to strength, but, there were many times I found myself rolling my eyes. It's also a bit cliched, "artist" vs "everyone."
But five stars for originality and the courage to paint non-profits as the rackets they have become.

Ego Is the Enemy
Ego Is the Enemy
by Ryan Holiday
Price: $15.00
60 used & new from $10.33

1.0 out of 5 stars Ego is NOT the Enemy. Ego Leads Us To Progress!, June 24, 2016
This review is from: Ego Is the Enemy (Hardcover)
Worst advice ever.
Holiday contradicts himself over and over again in this book.
He warns ego is the enemy - yet...have you ever read his Twitter? LOL. It's all "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT THIS BOOK I WROTE!"
Not only that, he warns about being a show-off, an attention seeker...and goes and has his books names tattooed on visible parts of his body. Hmmm, how EGO stroking is that? Oh, the irony!
So...is ego the enemy for readers, but for the writer, it's ok?
He seems very very confused. Ego is what we need to propel us forward; to innovate. It is Ego that drives us to strive to better ourselves, our community. We should WANT to create.
It's EGOTISM (which Ryan seems to suffer from) that is the enemy. Kanye West - has an egotism problem. Bradley Cooper - not so much. You rarely see him in the news.
One part of this book that bothered me is that he praised Kathryn Graham, yet, oddly pointed out that she was white. I have NO idea why this was included in the book, but it seems to be traveling down the "white success should be discredited" road; something that is highly troubling because some authors seem to be judging people based on their color, instead of their character.
Ryan also stated that JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter while she was a broke single mom and had kids. She didn't have kids. She had one child.
He seems to revere Genghis Kahn, a brutal leader of the Mongols who massacred and murdered.
A good life, a happy life, is one that is lived in harmony.
This book provides the VERY OPPOSITE! It continually contradicts nature. Our very instinct to create!
If you are the type of person that often thinks independently and can spot phonies, Do NOT waste your money. Though it's an odd book, read Outwitting the Devil by Napoleon Hill. (Or listen to the audio). Full of helpful advice that you rarely find these days.
Holiday is nothing but a spin artist, and believe me, this book is nothing but spin.
We are born original and unique. We are happiest when we are recognized for our individuality and when we can use our individuality to help the community. It's in our very nature. Holiday's advice is to ignore all that! You'll be a very unhappy person if you work against your ego. No reason to feel guilty about it (like Holiday tries to shame you). The key to Ego is simply managing your ego.
Read Holiday's twitter. For someone who says Ego is the Enemy, he must be his greatest enemy. lol
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2016 8:57 AM PDT

The Invoice: A Novel
The Invoice: A Novel
by Jonas Karlsson
Price: $18.24

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Idea - Shaky Execution, June 23, 2016
This review is from: The Invoice: A Novel (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Such an interesting book and great concept - I loved the plot and idea.
Just not sure about the execution. Hard to get into at first, and a bit confused (wasn't sure where it was headed and found that frustrating). Wasn't a book that I couldn't put down, but one that I was happy to return to.
This is something I could easily seen into a David O Russel film!

DII 100% Cotton, Chevron Ombre Chef Apron With Adjustable Neck Strap & Waist Ties, Trendy Chef Kitchen Apron Is Machine Washable with Front Pockets, Perfect for Cooking, Baking, Barbequing, & More - Yellow
Price: $10.99
2 used & new from $10.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheery!, June 22, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Really cute. The yellow color is soft at the top and then gradually deepens to a darker/mustard color. Has pockets and - the only thing I don't like, is it's not a tie around the neck, it has a loop (I know some people like this better).
Seems well made. Comfortable.
I'm 5"4 and weight about 118 pounds.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20