Profile for Quirky Girl > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 822

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Quirky Girl RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
bliss Fatgirlslim Arm Candy, 4.2 fl. oz.
bliss Fatgirlslim Arm Candy, 4.2 fl. oz.
Price: $34.30
14 used & new from $34.00

5.0 out of 5 stars You Knead This, November 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ok, in truth, I've been using this on my feet, not my arms. And I find it fantastic!
It has a great scent (somewhat peppermint but just the hint of something sweeter, like vanilla) and I love the built in massager. I could see how this might benefit the back of the thighs also.
Maybe they should have called it "Body Candy."
The scent and "massager" alone are worth five stars!
Fabulous!

Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Smart Stages Puppy
Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Smart Stages Puppy
Price: $22.99
9 used & new from $16.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Lasting Value, November 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Simply adorable. Love that is changes stages (learning level) as your child learns. For the price, this is really really a great value as I can see it being used for quite some time and even when it has surpassed it's educational purpose, it's so soft and cuddly and cute that it will be around for a very long time!

An Appetite for Violets: A Novel
An Appetite for Violets: A Novel
by Martine Bailey
Price: $20.33
71 used & new from $11.06

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Love Downton Abbey This Is Even Better (yes! It's true!), November 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was torn between 4/5 stars for this book. Historical fiction is not usually something I read, however, I do love Downton Abbey and I've tried reading historical fiction expecting to be swept away like I am when watching DA - which has always led to disappointment.
An Appetite for Violets, however, though not very much like DA, is perhaps even more entertaining than DA!
It is written as if it was written in the 18th century which is at times slows me down. However, I feel that's my problem, and shouldn't be reflect poorly on the author/novel. That being said, if you have a difficult time adjusting to different dialect/language, you might want to read the first few chapters. However, please don't let it damper your curiosity, because every chapter is suspenseful, the characters are well developed, and I savored every moment I spent lost in the 18th century tale of rich vs poor, dreams of success and the risk of secrets and how far people are willing to go to protect what they hold dear.
Stunning.

Sound and Recording: Applications and Theory
Sound and Recording: Applications and Theory
by Francis Rumsey
Price: $54.73
54 used & new from $33.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, November 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a fantastic book that goes into detail about all technical aspects of music/recording. From a basic introduction to sound to explaining the different files, MIDI, amplifiers, lines, etc - this can be appreciated by someone just starting in the recording industry as well as those who have experience as a brush up on the latest technological innovations and how to incorporate them into your business.
Invaluable. Well worth the price.

Business Process Management
Business Process Management
by John Jeston
Price: $47.26
45 used & new from $37.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, November 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very thick, comprehensive study of BPM (Business Process Management). It take a complex subject and expertly breaks it down into easy to understand topics that cover the process and most importantly, the WHY of each subject.
The one feature that stands out to me are the numerous colorful graphs and diagrams that are simple, yet provide great insight. Though this is about business, I found myself thinking the basic foundations could be used as a successful model of goals of any sort.
Brilliant.

Illustrated Theatre Production Guide
Illustrated Theatre Production Guide
by John Holloway
Price: $47.45
31 used & new from $43.56

5.0 out of 5 stars A Complex World Simplifed, November 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This has every thing you'd ever need to know about theater production, but it's written in an entertaining, easy to understand manner with many photos. I feel this would benefit not only those in production but actors and theater devotees as well so they can understand how much hard work goes into bringing a story to life.
Well work the price.

Warring with Words: Narrative and Metaphor in Politics (Claremont Symposium on Applied Social Psychology Series)
by Michael Hanne
Price: $35.51
31 used & new from $23.14

1.0 out of 5 stars Self Righteous Propaganda, November 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
You know those people at a cocktail party that like to talk about themselves, dropping names of Pulitzer Prize books they've read, operas they've attended, Ivy League colleges they've attended (they claim to want people to be treated equally, however, ask them to have their children give up their spot at a prestigious school and give it to a poor person, and they would quickly scoff and refuse!) - Warring with Words is made up of essays written by these kinds of people.
This book is pretentious, dry,
If you want a real understanding of propaganda (which this book is - nothing but liberal propaganda) - read The Vision and the Constant Star by Albert Hoyt Hobbs (if you can find a copy) or The Ten Commandments of Propaganda by Brian Anse Patrick.
The bottom line is people are driven by status; they want to be "king" - better than other people in order to satisfy their longing for meaning - they want other people to think highly of them...and, unfortunately, Warring with Words is nothing but an exercise in ego preening, rank striving, status seeking, in the guise of mock intelligent bandwagoning.
This is going to the trash bin.

Girl Before a Mirror: A Novel
Girl Before a Mirror: A Novel
by Liza Palmer
Price: $11.99
58 used & new from $7.14

1.0 out of 5 stars Drags On Endlessly, November 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While the plot sounded intriguing, I found myself frustrated while trying to read Girl Before a Mirror. It's as if it's a cross between a script (so much dialogue it's maddening) and a book - with so much needless information that it just drags on endlessly. The main character Anna is somewhat of a snob who is above everyone feigning compassion and courting pity. Ugh. Hated this.

The Art of Not Having it All: True Stories of Men, Sex, and Other Disasters
The Art of Not Having it All: True Stories of Men, Sex, and Other Disasters
by Melissa Kite
Price: $18.62
72 used & new from $9.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty and Relateable, November 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I loved loved loved this book.
I'm in the great US of A - and author Kite is from the UK so the language is a bit different (trash bins, waiting on que, etc) but I do love UK authors and am accustomed to the slight differences (which actually makes UK stories more "flavorful" so to speak!).
I found author Kite's book very funny and more importantly, she did an excellent job at not being too "in your face" snarky which is highly overdone and overrated. Kite tells her stories in witty, relate-able (single or not) snippets. The true test for me is "would I want to sit in a pub and have a drink with this author?" and the answer is yes!
For me, this was one of the funniest books of the year.
Loved it!!!

Pinnacle Studio 18 Ultimate
Pinnacle Studio 18 Ultimate
Price: $116.99
22 used & new from $112.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Newbies, November 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using Windows Movie Maker for my family videos - which is both challenging and simple. Simple if you choose to do very little, but challenging because I know it's capable of doing creative things, but I just can't figure out how to do them.
Pinnacle makes it much easier to create special effects and use transitions.
Here's what I love: The Live Screen Capture - so what this means is I can take a clip (say a clip of Sponge Bob Square Pants who my kids loved when growing up) and put it in a video clip starring my kids.
It's really very very awesome and well worth the price.
As with most software, the more you use it, the easier it is to understand.
I am using Windows 8.