Profile for Veronica Canfield > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 50

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Veronica Canfield RSS Feed (San Antonio, Texas United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I have used it successfully for years, March 16, 2008
Let me start off with saying I catch colds like pretty girls catch bad pick up lines. I am a school teacher and have a two kids in school so during winter we have all kinds of bugs floating around our house, which means I use to be sick about 3 months out of the year. When I discovered Zicam I read the literature, the studies and some testimonials and decided to try it. My colds always start out with a sore throat. So at the first sign of my that hateful symptom I put some of the gel on a q-tip and swabbed my nose (I didn't like squirting that gel up my nose).

Wow! my sore throat was gone within an hour. Now we have 2-3 bottles of the stuff on hand at all times.

The secret is to start the moment you get cold symptoms. You let it go 8 hours or more and then use it, you are only shortening the duration and severity. Use it as early as possible, you can avoid the cold all together.

Last night I started getting a horrible sore throat. I knew I had caught a cold from school just in time for Spring Break- just perfect. So I started swabbing every hour and woke up about 2 times in the middle of the night to swab again. In the morning I still felt sick. So I laid around and swabbed every 30 min. By 4:00 the sore throat, sniffles, and general blah feeling was gone. Thank goodness.

As far as losing my sense of smell, that has only happened when I had a really bad cold, not due to the use of Zicam. This is a typical cold side affect. Of course, it came back.

They do state on the packaging not to snort the stuff up, that is not how it is supposed to be used. Maybe those people lost their sense of smell due to other factors such as a sinus infection and Zicam just happened to be used at that time. Either way, it has worked for me and my family and we plan on continuing to use it.

Braun 5270 Xelle Silk-Epil Epilator Model: 5395
Braun 5270 Xelle Silk-Epil Epilator Model: 5395

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, plucked away a ton of fuzz, March 11, 2008
I use to have an Epilady back in the 80's and it must have been made originally for use in torture sessions. It was head with a moving coil, like a long, tiny slinky. I don't know if it worked I could not get past the screaming pain. I chucked it and vowed to never, ever put myself through that kind of misery again.

Now, fast forward twenty years later. Despite my previous vow, I decided to take a chance on the Braun 5270. I was pleasantly surprised. It was nothing like that first, skin peeling horror. However, my tolerance to hair plucking pain is pretty good, so this may not be the same for everyone. It was a stinging I could stand and where the hair was fine and not too long, it was actually like a massage.

When I tried the beginner attachment it left too much stubble. The lower setting also seemed less comfortable then the higher setting. The advance setting still was not getting all the hair. I went for the gusto and put on the expert attachment, on high. It seemed to be the least painful and it took off hair and peach fuzz all around.

I would suggest for longer hair, you clip it first with the razor. Longer hair hurts like a bugger. Also, I have to say I did not do much of my lower legs, but I did do my thighs. Course hair (from shaving) does hurt more. I will try epilating after a shower and I am sure it will do the trick. I do know that after the first epi-session, the stinging is not as bad.

BTW, the light is a great edition. What a fantastic idea.

Power Pops Weight Loss Lollipops with Hoodia by Fun Unlimited Inc. - 30 Count
Power Pops Weight Loss Lollipops with Hoodia by Fun Unlimited Inc. - 30 Count

2.0 out of 5 stars Tasted great, but did not do much for my appetite, March 6, 2008
I really liked the flavors and the idea, but it did not do much on curtailing my appetite. At least I bought the 10 pack and not the 30. Maybe it just does not work with my chemistry.

Bergan Autowata Automatic Watering Bowl
Bergan Autowata Automatic Watering Bowl
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $12.96
56 used & new from $12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I'm lucky- no problems, March 2, 2008
I'm not sure if others just got a lousy bowl, or if I just happened to get one of the few good ones. But either way, I have been using mine for a month and there seems to be no problem. No leaking or anything. I am using a regular hose that I cut down and put a plastic type hose fixer on the end that attaches to the faucet(Walmart- 50 cents) and a quick connect fixture that connects to the bowl. So far it has not gotten scummy, but my dogs drink a lot. They are over 50 lbs. each. I also have it sitting on top of a bench and I keep the water turned very low, barely on.

Airzooka Keychain
Airzooka Keychain

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, December 31, 2007
This review is from: Airzooka Keychain (Toy)
I thought this would be fun to have around and I ordered 2. What a waste of money. I may even send them back. It almost no air puff AT ALL. You can make more puff simply by blowing through your lips and that is about 10x more powerful. Very disappointing.

SanDisk Sansa m240 1 GB MP3 Player (Silver)
SanDisk Sansa m240 1 GB MP3 Player (Silver)
4 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Mine- a year and half later, December 16, 2007
Mine is more then a year old and I have not had any problem with it. I saw some bad reviews and perhaps those people got lemons or the product is not as good as it once was. I just wanted to add a note to let people know that mine has lasted for a long time with no issues. I am always interested in reviews with long term reliability.

Uniden DCT756-3 Expandable Cordless System with Call Waiting/Caller ID and Extra Handset and Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Cool Phones, December 12, 2007
These phones are crystal clear and have some really great features, like the ability to be a room monitor. You can't really go wrong.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars After one years use, October 13, 2007
I got this for laptop use about a year ago at our local Walmart. Another reviewer mentioned one part coming loose and made the table lean. I might be lucky or the other reviewer got a bum table, but mine so far has not had any issues. It sitll looks and functions the same as when I got it. My laptop pretty much sits on it day in and day out. I have been happy with my purchase and I think I am going to buy another for my daughter. It will either be this on one or the Tablemate.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2012 4:34 AM PDT

Black & Decker EX420-2P-D6 Ultrasonic Pest Repeller Nightlight, Medium Room (2 Pack) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Did a Whole Lot of Nothing, October 7, 2007
I loved the idea. Wow, plug this thing in and scare away your pests. I read the directions, did everything it said and still saw spiders and an occasional wood roach from outside. I hate wood roaches and have been trying everything I can to make my house less attractive for them. I guess I will try some professional stuff now along with some dicotamous earth (spelling?)

2x4basics  AnySize Table or Low Bench, Green (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
2x4basics AnySize Table or Low Bench, Green (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very solid, looks great, September 15, 2007
This bench was very easy to put together and solid once together. My husband was pleased with the cost and the fact that you could easily design it to fit the size you want. Overall, a pretty good deal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5