Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for donm82 > Reviews

Browse

donm82's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

donm82 RSS Feed

Dowl It 2500 Dowel Self Centering Jig , 2-Inch capacity with 4 tapped holes
Dowl It 2500 Dowel Self Centering Jig , 2-Inch capacity with 4 tapped holes
Offered by hfwilson
Price: $54.45
2 used & new from $54.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps with keeping pocket hole face frame joints lined up, September 15, 2014
I made some cabinet face frames recently and I've always had issues keeping the boards lined up while screwing in the pocket hole screws. Using dowels keeps the boards lined up and they don't shift around after while the screws go in.

This jig makes drilling the dowel holes easy and accurate. Once I have the boards lined up, I draw a line on back in the face frame where I want each dowel to go. Just line up the marking on the jig with the drawn lines and the holes are perfectly placed.

Drilling holes for both the dowels and pocket hole screws takes some time, but everything goes together much easier. It saved me time sanding down parts that didn't fit correctly--which I don't enjoy doing.

Permatex 01013 DL Blue Label Cream Hand Cleaner, 14 oz.
Permatex 01013 DL Blue Label Cream Hand Cleaner, 14 oz.
Price: $8.69
34 used & new from $2.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for carpet stains!, September 1, 2014
I do use this to clean greasy hands on occasion, but I mainly buy to spot treat carpet stains before steam cleaning. It does an amazing job at getting them out. The orange hand cleaner discolors the carpet. And anything with pumice wont work.

I just spray the spot with some water and carpet shampoo mix, then rub the hand cleaner into the stain. Let it set for a minute or two, spray some more water on it then wet vac it up.

MT Soap and Lotion Dispenser, Chrome #MT28C
MT Soap and Lotion Dispenser, Chrome #MT28C
Offered by Home&GardenTech
Price: $54.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality. It's solid and heavy, August 10, 2014
Good quality. It's solid and heavy. Chrome finish looks good. However, pump mechanism is just chromed plastic.

Earliest estimated delivery time was 26 days. It only took 14.

MT Soap basket in Brass Construction, Chrome #MT28C
MT Soap basket in Brass Construction, Chrome #MT28C
Offered by Home&GardenTech
Price: $49.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality. It's solid and heavy, August 10, 2014
Good quality. It's solid and heavy. Finish looks good. Earliest estimated delivery time was 26 days. It only took 14.

Update International (DS-30) 1-1/4 oz Stainless Steel Ambidextrous Disher
Update International (DS-30) 1-1/4 oz Stainless Steel Ambidextrous Disher
Offered by Stock Your Home
Price: $9.03
7 used & new from $6.48

5.0 out of 5 stars This #30 is the perfect cupcake amount when using boxed cake mixes, July 30, 2014
I don't use this for ice cream. I have several of these (in different sizes) for cookies and cupcakes. My scratch carrot cake and wacky cake use a #24 scoop per cupcake. This #30 is the perfect cupcake amount when using boxed cake mixes.

For drop cookies I use a #50 or #40. These are much faster than using spoons and make cookies with more uniform shapes.

The graduations are based on the number of scoops per gallon. A #30 is 1/30 of a gallon.

Makita XRU02Z 18V LXT String Trimmer (Bare Tool Only)
Makita XRU02Z 18V LXT String Trimmer (Bare Tool Only)
4 used & new from $84.46

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy with my new trimmer, July 30, 2014
It doesn't have the power that my old Ryobi cordless had (6v lead acid battery?), but gets the job done. The main reason for the purchase was I already have a bunch of Makita cordless tools and batteries. Two other nice things are 1) the trimmer is really light and 2) it's very adjustable.

Bosch 26A ICON Wiper Blade - 26" (Pack of 1)
Bosch 26A ICON Wiper Blade - 26" (Pack of 1)
Price: $19.47
61 used & new from $14.60

2.0 out of 5 stars work but don't last, January 25, 2014
I installed these on my Nissan Leaf. They fit fine, but are now streaking. It's only been about a year. I need to find silicone blades for this car. They last several years.

PC Computer Aluminum VGA Video Card Cooling Fan Heatsink 55mm
PC Computer Aluminum VGA Video Card Cooling Fan Heatsink 55mm
Offered by uxcell
Price: $6.23

2.0 out of 5 stars works, but makes a lot of noise, January 25, 2014
The fan sequels loudly when it is first turned on. Once it gets warm, it quiets down. My old fan did that after a few years of use. This one does it straight out of the box.

Freud SBOX8 Box Joint Cutter Set, Cuts 1/4-Inch and 3/8-Inch grooves.
Freud SBOX8 Box Joint Cutter Set, Cuts 1/4-Inch and 3/8-Inch grooves.
Price: Click here to see our price
21 used & new from $79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The second one cuts correctly, August 6, 2012
The first set of blades I received were not cutting correctly. One blade was cutting to a different depth by almost 3/128th of an inch, which is huge. Replacing the set was easy to do and I didn't have to pay for the shipping back to Amazon.

The second box joint set cuts perfectly. I do have to shim the blades out slight to make the joints slide together a little easier.

I was using a dado stack set for box joints, but the negative rack on the teeth could not rip through the grain quickly or with out burning the wood. It also tended to push up the wood even though I had it clamped into place.

The dado stack is set up for cross cutting, but the positive rack on the box joint set is better suited for the ripping cuts used in box joints. The box joint set cuts much better. It doesn't burn or lift the wood up. I can take one pass for each grove instead of the re-cutting that I had to do with the dado stack.

If you do a fair number of box joints, the box joint set works much better than a dado stack.

Test the blades soon after you get them to make sure they are both cutting at the same height.

Delta 3 HP Motor 10 in. UNISAW with 52 in. BIESEMEYER  Fence System.
Delta 3 HP Motor 10 in. UNISAW with 52 in. BIESEMEYER Fence System.
Offered by CT Power Tools
Price: $2,649.00
6 used & new from $2,649.00

5.0 out of 5 stars new delta unisaw, July 16, 2010
I've had this saw a couple months now and I'm thoroughly pleased with it. Given the price tag, my expectations were very high and for the most part it didn't disappoint. I can tell someone really spent some time thinking about how to make a table saw better.

Everything was done right except the fence. Do get me wrong, it's a solid fence but I had two issues. First, the faces were wavy and not parallel. Lining up the fence to the miter slot was impossible. Once I got the left side as close as I could, then the right side was way off. Solution: I ripped off the cheap plywood faces and made my own out of solid wood. They are less flexible and can be shimmed out perfectly straight. In some places it took the width of 3 or 4 paying cards to make it right. With the shims it is also possible to get the right and left sides parallel to each other in case you make cuts on both sides of the blade. I do wish they had used something other than self taping screws to attach the fence. I may eventually tap threads into the fence to hold the faces.

The other issue with the fence was the cursors. They were so far off the rail, accurate readings were impossible because of the parallax. Also, since they were mounted on top of the fence they couldn't be lowered closer to the rail with a couple of simple washers. I had to make my own cursors to solve the problem.

Overall, I love the saw, and the problems I encountered I was able to fix myself. Actually, I had no choice but to fix them myself. Nothing about the fence was defective--the issues were design related. I wish someone could have put some time into redesigning the fence like they did the saw. Especially considering how much this saw costs.

There is also something I'm curious about. I bought the 3hp version 36-L352. However, after looking at the label on the motor, it's clearly says it is 5hp. Has anyone else seen this "problem?" I wonder if Delta just ran out of 3hp motors and used the 5hp instead.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2015 9:02 PM PDT