Profile for ZenWoman > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 371

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ZenWoman RSS Feed (WA, USA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Calvin Klein OBSESSION Eau de Parfum, 3.4 fl. oz.
Calvin Klein OBSESSION Eau de Parfum, 3.4 fl. oz.
Price: $80.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A fragrance that was once an Obesession, no longer the same., January 29, 2015
Fakes abound on Amazon so make sure you order directly from Amazon.com as seller. The formulation of this fragrance has changed over the years.

It was launched mid 1980s and I remember as a young kid, when my parents went out, locking myself in my parent's bedroom, putting on my dad's oversized sweater, spritzing Obsession on myself, from my mom's dressing table and dancing to Madonna's "Like a Virgin". Back then, it smelled enigmatic and alluring, like something to come into my life still, of boys yet unknown and mysterious things. One of my uncles wore it too, and I would sniff the combined scent of Obsession mingled with his aftershave and think that this was the scent I wanted to buy when I was older. I liked the concept of a unisex scent. Later, as a teenager, the Obsession series of ads came out causing quite the stir - black and white images of naked men and women but I was still too poor to afford this glorious fragrance. Obsession was such an apt name for it then.

Sadly, the formulation has changed over the years and now it smells like a plasticky version of the original great scent that lasted for days. I find it cheap now. The older version was sensual, spicy and masculine, yet feminine and alluring.

Top Notes: Mandarin, Bergamot, Jasmine, Rose, Orange Blossoms
Middle Notes: Coriander, Tagete, Armoise
Base Notes: Amber, Oakmoss

Cabotine By Parfums Gres For Women. Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 Ounces
Cabotine By Parfums Gres For Women. Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 Ounces
Price: $16.49
45 used & new from $15.93

3.0 out of 5 stars Puts the parfum in perfume, a heady green fragrance, not too subtle., January 29, 2015
Cabotine was a scent I wore as a teenager. It's very in your face aldehyde fragrance. Can be overpowering at first and quite synthetic but the dry down is not too bad.

The green cap perhaps references the very green notes in the fragrance. It has coriander in the top note. There is some peach and plum but it's lost in the green notes. The middle notes sock it to you with rose, tuberose, jasmine, heliotrop and carnation, but it smells more like the leftover remains after the bouquets have been delivered from a florist shop than the fresh flower. The base notes are also an amalgam of vanilla, cedar, amber, musk.

There is too much going on in this fragrance and it's too heavy handed at first for that reason. I wore it during teenage but it's too gauche for me now.
Top Notes: Peach, Plum, Cassie, Tagete, Green notes, Coriander
Middle Notes: Ylang-Ylang, Rose, Tuberose, Jasmin, Heliotrope, Orris, Carnation
Base Notes: Cedar, Vetiver, Musk, Tonka Bean, Amber, Vanilla, Civet

Extendable Handheld Selfie Monopod for Gopro Hero 1, 2, 3, 3+, 4 (15.7" to 39.3" Extension), with Wifi Case, Rotatable Screw and Two Attachment Straps for Wifi Remote
Offered by Wareway
Price: $31.99
2 used & new from $29.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Extendable monopod for GoPro - goes from 16 inches to 40 inches., January 29, 2015
This is a nicely constructed monopod for the GoPro camera. It is made of good sturdy materials and does not appear flimsy. The rubber grip on the handle is very nice as one has to hold these for a long time. The package included everything as specified:
1 x GoPro Pole
1 x Tripod Mount
1 x Screw Nut
1 x Wifi Case
1 x Short Wifi Remote Strap
1 x Long Wifi Remote Strap

The pole is extendable of course. It's about 16 inches when not extended and goes up to approx. 40 inches. The screw / tripod mount is adjustable too. There is already a wrist strap on the pole to attach to your hand especially if you're in a faster moving vehicle or boat. There also 2 other straps that can be used to attach the remote to the pole or to tie the remote to your wrist. If needed these straps can also be used to attach the pole to something for more stability.

The price seems reasonable for the construction of this telescopic pole.
This pole was provided to me for a honest review by the manufacturer.

Nina By Nina Ricci For Women. Eau De Toilette Spray 2.7-Ounces
Nina By Nina Ricci For Women. Eau De Toilette Spray 2.7-Ounces
Price: $39.19
45 used & new from $39.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Smells like a Fall evening - toffee apples and spice and a hint of peony., January 29, 2015
I used to love the distinctive fragrance of L'Air du Temps from Nina Ricci although it was a little too "old" for me given it was launched decades ago and my mom used it. They launched Nina more recently. This fragrance smells like fall and winter - toffee apples and cinnamon spice. Warm and spicy. It's not very long lasting on me but something nice to apply when stepping out on a Fall evening. The bottle is fabulous and having dropped it twice, as the cap sometimes get stuck and I pulled too hard, I realized it does not break easily.

It's got a fresh apple top note, and then middle notes are flowery and the dry down is warm and spicy. It's like taking a walk in an apple orchard in the fall. Despite all the crafting, it's not too distinctive. It's just nice. I wouldn't apply it for a special date night but great for group outings where you don't want to smell too overpowering.
Top Notes: Calabrian Lemon, Caipirinha Lime
Middle Notes: Peony Petals, Moonflower, Vanilla-infused Red Toffee Apple
Base Notes: Applewood, White Cedar

Calvin Klein euphoria Eau de Parfum, 3.4 fl. oz.
Calvin Klein euphoria Eau de Parfum, 3.4 fl. oz.
Price: $88.00

4.0 out of 5 stars The scent of new-found romance, heady, and great for summer evenings., January 29, 2015
Calvin Klein has over 40 fragrances for women and so far I have not tried one that was bad. They're all pretty nice and pleasant and some are unisex, but some stand out - Eternity was one for me, and Euphoria is another one. I've found myself liking different fragrances at different ages, One and Obsession were also favorites several years ago. Euphoria smells like a fragrance for the 30s to 40s age group to me.

It's been around for 10 years but I started using it in the last 7-8 years, once a friend made me try it. This is not my favorite fragrance as many others smell quite like it, and it's not very distinctive on me. But if I don't want to attract too much attention but still smell great this is a good choice as it's pretty soft after the first few minutes.

It reminds me of Indian summer a little, as it has middle notes of the Champaca flower, and Lotus, that bloom in summer. I always think of it as a summer nightclub fragrance, more direct in the beginning and the middle notes are distinct too, but as it dries down I can hardly detect it on me. I call it scent of passion, hot and alluring at first but cools down rather quickly! And tongue in cheek, I can say, Euphoria is an apt name.

Top Notes: Pomegranate, Persimmon, "Lush Green Accord"
Middle Notes: Lotus Blossom, Champaca Flower, Black Orchid
Base Note: Liquid Amber, Black Violet, Cream Accord, Mahogany Wood

BURBERRY Brit Eau de Parfum, 100 ml.
BURBERRY Brit Eau de Parfum, 100 ml.
Price: $94.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh, flowery and lemony top notes, warm vanilla dry down, for the outgoing and confident woman!, January 29, 2015
I like the classic Burberry for Women for it's sensual practicality but I love Burberry Brit even more as it's lighter and more wearable. Burberry Brit is a great perfume for a woman who is transitioning from the more casual drug store or flowery variety of perfume to an older more defined and distinctive fragrance. She wants to smell more mature but not too old. Burberry Brit is perfect. It's flowery but fresh and sporty at the same time, musky but subtle.
I've been a fan of Brit for the past 12 years, ever since it launched and always have a bottle handy. I love it in the summer, it smells fresh but not too flowery and sweet. It's got more staying power than D&Gs Light Blue, which has a similar flowery, lemony fragrance. This is a great fragrance for those who want to avoid heavier fragrances.

There is a Brit Sheer version that's just too mild, and a Brit Summer version that adds Green Tea for a lighter effect. If you ask me the original Brit EDP is the best as it has more staying power. I have both EDP (Eau de Parfum) and EDT and EDP lasts longer as expected. When you spray it on you smell the lime and pear, and then the middle notes of white peony, and as it dries down it leaves a delicious musky, vanilla finish.
Top Notes: Italian Lime, Icy Pear, Crisp Green Almond
Middle Notes: Sugared Almond, White Peony
Base Notes: Amber, Mahogany, Vanilla, Tonka

BURBERRY Brit for Women Eau de Toilette, 100 ml.
BURBERRY Brit for Women Eau de Toilette, 100 ml.
Price: $84.00

There is a Brit Sheer version that's just too mild, and a Brit Summer version that adds Green Tea for a lighter effect. If you ask me the original Brit is the best as it has more staying power. When you spray it on you smell the lime and pear, and then the middle notes of white peony, and as it dries down it leaves a delicious musky, vanilla finish.
Top Notes: Italian Lime, Icy Pear, Crisp Green Almond
Middle Notes: Sugared Almond, White Peony
Base Notes: Amber, Mahogany, Vanilla, Tonka

BURBERRY for Women Eau de Parfum, 100 ml.
BURBERRY for Women Eau de Parfum, 100 ml.
Price: $85.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A friend for 20 years, still sensual but also still modern and relevant., January 29, 2015
This fragrance launched in 1995 and became an instant classic with it's flowery and refreshing top notes, amber and musk base notes. I have been using it for 20 years, but not exclusively. I like to wear it in the evening in winters as it is a rather heavy perfume. It's a distinctive fragrance, almost instantly recognizable due to the Bergamot top notes, the sandalwood and mossy middle notes with a hint of geranium and the musky dry down due to amber. If fragrance could be defined as a mood, Burberry evokes sensual but practical at the same time. A woman who knows she's arrived. Some days I find it overpowering and other days I reach for it like an old friend.

Top Notes: Lavender, Bergamot, Thyme, Mint
Middle Notes: Geranium, Sandalwood, Moss, Cedar
Base Notes: Amber, Tonka Bean

Best Organic Raw Cacao Nibs, 2LB Rich Dark Chocolate Taste - Healthy Chocolate Chip Substitute, 60-Day Money Back Guarantee
Offered by Joyfuel
Price: $27.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Raw cacao nibs are nothing like chocolate chips, this is a health food with some great anti-oxidants., January 27, 2015
I was offered a small sample of these cacao nibs by the manufacturer for testing (not the full retail pack) and when it arrived I put a handful in my mouth to taste expecting something like semi-sweet chocolate bits you buy in the grocery store. Oops. These are just plain, fermented, dried and crushed cocoa bean. They have no sugar or fat or milk solids so they taste nothing like a dark chocolate bar. This is just the bean which is slightly crunchy, not sweet, slightly bitter and just reminiscent of chocolate.

These nibs are not roasted so they're fresh and organic and high in antioxidants. A reviewer has commented that you will like them if you enjoy bitter tasting stuff like kale, broccoli etc. Well I love kale so much that I sometimes pluck off a little and eat it fresh when storing it in the fridge much as other people pop a grape or cherry into their mouth and I love all those other bitter vegetables. I did not find these nibs bitter at all but I did find them tasting fermented and found they have a woody texture. I did not enjoy them plain. I could perhaps enjoy them in a cookie or on icecream, if they did not make my dessert taste like some weird health food. I don't like over sweet chocolate chips in desserts anyway, and will try these as a replacement. Hopefully, baking them will not ruin some of their anti-oxidant properties.

If you ask me this is an acquired taste. I can potentially see myself using it but in limited quantities. The current free sample I was sent was just a tablespoon or two and not enough to use in baking so I won't be able to try that unless I buy some more.

BBQ Butler Premium Heat & Flame Resistant Oven Gloves (2 Gloves)
BBQ Butler Premium Heat & Flame Resistant Oven Gloves (2 Gloves)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well constructed gloves that are heat resistant and comfortable to use., January 27, 2015
These gloves are comfortable to wear, not sticky like some silicone gloves and protect from heat. I used them with a toaster oven, and regular oven, and to lift things from microwave and they worked fine. They are woven and have silicone non-slip strips rather than all silicone. I think for that reason they're more comfortable for using with the grill outdoors. Since they're made of a thick knit fiber I would be more careful lifting boiling liquids as it may seep through the thick weave but they will be ok with drier foods.

Since it's winter right now I haven't put them to outdoor grill use but I am sure they will work just fine. The only downside I see is that they're white and can absorb some liquids, but it should be relatively easy to wash them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20