Profile for ZenWoman > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 366

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ZenWoman RSS Feed (WA, USA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hello Love
Hello Love
by Karen McQuestion
Price: $8.97
86 used & new from $3.31

4.0 out of 5 stars A romance woven around a pet who bring two strangers together., February 28, 2015
This review is from: Hello Love (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very emotional and touching story, about two strangers brought together by their love for a dog. I felt even more emotional reading this tale as I had a dog named Anni too a while ago. Dan loses his dog and Andrea finds a dog, and it's Anni. They keep meeting but eventually they discover they have a loving pet in common. It's a tale with many coincidences, but isn't life full of similar coincidences? I think this novel is prime stuff for a romantic movie.

Symphonized GLXY Premium Genuine Wood In-ear Noise-isolating Headphones with Mic and Nylon Cable (Cherry)
Offered by Symphonized
Price: $49.99
5 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, rich and natural sounding earphones, great for the price., February 28, 2015
These earphones sound so good, very natural sound, warm and rich. It's not tinny at all like with some other earphones in this range. The clarity is great for this price point. I think they sound just as good or better than some other $50 range earphones from Logitech, Sony, Philips and some others that I have tried. The bass is also decent but they still manage to retain clarity despite the pumped up bass. I got these for my teen but after listening to them I wanted to keep them for myself.

I listened to some rap, pop, rock and classical on them and the sound quality was pretty good across all genres. The bass is impressive for earphones, but it's not the pumped out bass that drowns out everything else, it's like listening to headphones and I have to remind myself these are earphones. If this is all due to the wood housing, I am sold on wood earphones from here on!

The fit is also great, and due to the wood construction they seem to be lighter than other earphones of this size. They have a woven nylon, break resistant and tangle resistant cord. These earphones will need to be handled carefully, like most other earphones, or they may break easily as some other reviewers have reported. My earphones seem to last years, while my teen goes through one every few weeks! I think it's also about how you store them and how you pull them out of your ears.

I would rate these average on their sturdiness, great for fit due to their lightness, but simply great for sound. They are perhaps not the best for sports or running as the woven cords always produce more sound if touched or shaken.

Highly recommended.
[Free sample was provided for honest review]

Yoga Socks 2 Pairs Set: 1 Pair Full Toe and 1 Pair Toeless Socks, For Yoga, Pilates and Dancing, 90 Days MONEY BACK Guarantee by Koyto Sports
Offered by SKL Prestige
Price: $18.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Close fitting and comfortable set of yoga socks., February 28, 2015
These are great socks for Yoga, especially for winter when the floors can get colder. They are made of mainly cotton with some spandex for a comfortable and close fit and have tons of grippy dots underneath to prevent slipping. I have a pretty large foot at size 10 so these were a little too snug for me but they will fit a women's US size 5-9 pretty well.

The waist like shape of the footbed of the socks makes them a close fit on the foot which makes them more secure and safer for yoga. There are 2 pairs in this set one with toes and one is toeless, which is good for some people who want a little more control in some asanas or have different sized toes and don't want a toe sock.

I also find these grippy yoga socks are great to wear to people's homes who don't want their guests to wear shoes inside the house but have hardwood floors that can get slippery for regular socks.

Overall, a great set of socks for the price.
[A free sample was provided to me for a candid review]

Best Sports and Fitness Water Bottle | 18oz | Eco-friendly | Perfect for Running, Gym, Yoga, Tennis, Outdoors | Durable & Impact Resistant | Narrow Mouth, Air Hole for Fast Water Flow | 1-Click Easy Opening | Dust and Leak-proof Design | With Carry Strap | 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Offered by Viitrade
Price: $24.95
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, well designed, and beautiful sport bottle, love it!, February 28, 2015
This well designed and sturdy bottle is perfectly suited to my needs.

--It's a flip top bottle and the top locks in position and flips up at the press of a button on the front.
-- Inside the spout to drink water is generously designed to allow flow of a larger quantity of water.
--The bottle itself is frosted and a the plastic is matte rather than smooth and shiny and should not scratch as easily. It also feels very sturdy and should be absolutely ok if dropped. It is a co-polyester material that is impact resistant and BPA free. I noticed that the water stored in it does not change in taste after some time like it does in some other bottles.
--The temperature resistance is from -4 degree F to 204 degree F so I can freeze it or carry hot drinks in it too.
--The strap is genius, it allows me to carry it from room to room at work when I have my hands full with other stuff. It is also handy to carry it even when out walking or hiking if you're not carrying a backpack.
--It's narrow enough to fit in a cup holder or a backpack pocket easily and does not fall out.
--It's small enough not to get very heavy when filled with water - a big plus for me as some other bigger bottles get heavy and unwieldy after they're filled. It also prompts you to fill it with fresh water more often.
--It can be microwaved with the top off if you need to heat up something
-- The top comes off and the wide mouth is wide enough to directly fill with ice cubes

The only thing I worry about the flip up top that is clear and made of a shinier plastic that seems a little less impact resistant than the bottom. If one was to drop it when full on the top edge on a hard surface there may be a chance that it cracks, but I am not about to do that experiment just to find out, as I like this bottle too much!

A great bottle, nice color, nice design and a good value for the price. Recommended.
[Free sample provided for honest review]

Maytex Mesh Pockets PEVA Shower Curtain Clear
Maytex Mesh Pockets PEVA Shower Curtain Clear
Price: $14.99
10 used & new from $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Thinner plastic sheet and flimsy pockets make it just ok., February 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This shower curtain is exactly what I needed, a clear curtain that lets in the light so I am not bathing in the dark. As a bonus it also offers pockets to hold items like exfoliating brushes and gloves that I usually try to hang up on hooks but they keep falling off the tile as the hooks lose suction after a while. Now I am able to just put items like washcloths, gloves, loofahs, and other bath accessories that constantly fall off the bathroom shelves in the pockets.

I was debating whether to hang the curtain with the pockets on the outside or inside. The advantage being that stuff wouldn't get wet and mouldy on the outside. It's easier to grab stuff from the inside but it gets wet and then if I pull the curtain to the side it stays wet and may get mouldy. If I don't pull the curtain to the side the tub stays wet and soggy. So I decided to hang the stuff towards the outside but then I don't want the curtain to look ugly, so I have currently put all the colorful body sponges and loofahs in it.

The pockets are pretty thin and flimsy so they're not really meant for any bottle storage. I would not put anything heavier than a washcloth or scrubber in it. It's working for now but since it's a pretty thin plastic compared to some other shower curtains I've purchased for the same price that did not have pockets, I might retire it after a few months.

D'Addario Clip-On Headstock Tuner
D'Addario Clip-On Headstock Tuner
Price: $29.99
6 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate tuning, easy to read display but cheap hinge., February 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This clip on tuner was used by my daughter who was previously using a Snark round shaped tuner. This D'Addario tuner changes color from red to green when in tune which is easy to see than her previous tuner. It has better readability in dark light and it's easier to see as it rotates 360 degrees. It also has better tuning in louder environments. The lower profile also makes it less intrusive, and the display only turns on when you flip it open.

Like others have said the downside is the plastic hinges on the clip that tend to break easily. For a tuner that is more than double the price of others, I wish they had designed a sturdier clip.

Overall, a nice tuner and the best part is that it's lower profile and can be left on the instrument.

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Potato and Kangaroo Dry Dog Food, 6/4-Pound
Offered by Companion Caterers
Price: $21.18
7 used & new from $21.18

3.0 out of 5 stars My lab mix did not prefer this over beef or chicken flavors from the same brand., February 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This flavor is from the Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diet. I've tried quite a few flavors from the L.I.D. range and my labrador mix does not seem to like any better than others.

I always have to mix something in the dry food to get him to eat it even for other flavors and most other brands. This Kangaroo flavor was no different. He sniffed at it curiously and ate a few pieces when I fed him from my hand but did not eat the rest until I mixed in a boiled egg. The size of this flavor of Natural Balance food is the same as others - which is better for my dog as he likes to eat bigger sized kibble.

Given the higher price of this flavor I am not sure if I would feed him this on a regular basis. It may be more suitable for dogs who are allergic to beef and chicken protein and have to try other forms of protein.

Freshtech: Mobile Vent Car Mount + Air Freshener
Freshtech: Mobile Vent Car Mount + Air Freshener
Offered by BLUTEKUSA
Price: $17.99
2 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alligator clip mounting solution that includes an air freshener., February 25, 2015
There are 2 types of car vent mounts with these alligator clips in the back. One design is this one with the pull out arms gripping the phone and for the other you have to insert a metal plate into your phone case so it sticks onto a magnetic Oreo cookie sized disc platform. This magnetic design is minimal and functional and taking your phone off and putting it back on is super easy, even while driving. But I worry about the strong magnet affecting my phone and also keep misplacing the metal plates when I take them out of my case. This gripping arm type design does not use magnets but the mount comes off more easily from the vent when you pull the phone from the grip.

On testing I found that this mounting device is pretty great. I was able to fit my iPhone 6 Plus in it. It will not stretch any more than that in case you want to use it for an even bigger phone. I had used another mount with the same alligator clip design but it used to come off from the vent every time I tried to take out my phone. This one stays put on the vent as the alligator clips are tighter. It takes a little effort to get it on the vent but once on it stays there even with the heavy iPhone 6 Plus mounted in it.

The air freshener disc is an added bonus. I had another mini clip mount for the air freshener from Glade and another design from Bath and Body Works but now I can use the same device for both mounting my phone and for air freshner. That's nice as I don't want multiple things clipped on the vents. The mini clip used to fall off all the time anyway. The product came with a bonus "new car smell" disc that smelled more tropical to me. It was easy enough to unscrew the vented disc on the back and place the freshener refill into it and close it back up. The freshener fragrance is not as powerful as the Glade clip ons or BBW discs which I like as they used to release too much fragrance that used to give me a headache.

The pull out arm of this mounting device is also a lot more smoother, the earlier device I used had a really tight arm and a couple of times it snapped on my fingers - ouch! It also used to come off the vent rather than open up to release the phone so if I needed my phone at a stop light I would end up pulling off the whole phone with the mount attached and had to use it like that but then did not get a chance to put it back as I was driving. This one stays put more often than not.

Recommended. (I received a free sample for a candid review.)

French Bull, Swivel Light, Vines Black
French Bull, Swivel Light, Vines Black
Offered by WITH it
Price: $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy and nicely designed light to use with Kindle devices., February 24, 2015
This is a nice light that fits the Kindle well. The black and white clip light is easy to clip on top of the Kindle and the flexible rubber arm can be pulled out and positioned over the Kindle to light it up.

This is really nice for reading the Kindle in bed. I have a Paperwhite which is backlit but also have an older Kindle and I think even with the light attached on top, the Kindle is still very light and easy to hold up in bed.

It can also be clipped to a book if needed. I like that as I still try to read paper books in bed and don't want to disturn the folks around me. It's a handy thing to carry. The flexible rubber arm folds back and attaches to the main clip with a magnet so it does not flop over. It takes 2 AAA batteries which is good as some of the lights with smaller disc batteries usually get thrown out as they end up being one use.

The clip is also nicely designed and padded so it will not scratch the device. It opens and closes smoothly. I like this so much better than those mini rubber goose neck lights, it's made specifically for reading and lights up the whole screen nicely.

Recommended. (I received a sample for a candid review.)

300Mbps Mini Portable WiFi Range Extender, WiFi Repeater, WiFi Range Extender(Support IEEE 802.11g、IEEE 802.11b、IEEE 802.11n)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very portable and handy little Wi-Fi range extender., February 24, 2015
This WiFi Range Extender/ Repeater works well for it's small size. You need a USB wall plug to plug it into a wall socket. First plug it into a wall socket to set it and then set up through your wireless phone/iPad/ or computer. The instructions are a little light but overall give step by step method to do so.

Setting it up through iPhone/iPad:
Here is how I set it up through iPhone. I plugged in the extender into a wall socket using the mini cable given and a USB wall plug. Then I took my iPhone and searched for Vonets_ network in the wireless networks listing (on iPhone go to Settings -->Wi-Fi and choose the Vonets_ network). Once I clicked on this network I entered in the password provided - 12345678. Then once it connects to this network, go to a browser on your phone (I used Safari). Enter http://vonets.cfg in the address bar. A login screen should appear, the username is 'admin' and the password is also 'admin'. Now once you're logged in it will find all the wireless networks in and around your home or wherever you are. Select your main wireless network from this list by highlighting it or typing it in below, and then enter in the password for your wireless network on the next screen. Confirm you entered everything correctly and click Apply. It will create a copy of your wireless network. Now you should be able to log onto this new network from any device using your password. It showed me this extended network as MyOrginalSSID_C0. So it automatically added _C0 to the end of my original SSID. You can now go back in settings through the same http above and change this extended SSID to something else and also change the password if you want.

This device only extends 2.4 G networks at 300 Mbps. So you get extended coverage but not greater speed. This is a nice solution for blind spots in your house. You can also connect an ethernet cable to it and connect it to a device if you have a device that does not have wireless or just want better streaming. Be sure not to press the RESET button on the side accidentally as it will reset it to the factory settings. You can reconfigure it again to use with a different network.

If this device can be used in a hotel, it will be great as many hotels have horrible blind spots and it's impossible to get a good connection. I have not tried that yet.

Overall, a handy little device. Recommended. I received this device as a free sample, but since it works well and is priced right I will probably buy another to use for trips.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20