Profile for AmazonDiva > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 437

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AmazonDiva "Keep Calm and Carry On." RSS Feed (USA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
InterDesign Coffee Pod and Beverage Place, Clear
InterDesign Coffee Pod and Beverage Place, Clear
Price: $22.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Better as a makeup storage solution for the bathroom sink/ small dresser, or craft item holder than for coffee pod storage., September 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received this box and and tried storing my Keurig pods in it, but I think I prefer my Mindreader Anchor Coffee Pod Storage Drawer that I had previously purchased from Amazon. There are several reasons. I prefer the opaque plastic of the Mindreader where I don't have to keep it clean and perfectly filled and stocked to look good.

This one scratches up easily, needs to be wiped down and dusted more often. I also cannot place the Keurig on top of it like in the Mindreader drawer so it takes extra space on my counter. It also does not have grooves like shown in the picture for the K Cups so if you have fewer K Cups they slide around making it look messy and it's harder to retrieve them as they end up sliding to the back. It's also easy to pull out the drawer completely while trying to get a K cup - and since the plastic is not shatterproof it's another annoyance of having spilled K-Cups and I am worried it will crack if it falls to the floor.

As for the positive, I do like the fact that it has closed drawers so no dust gets on the K Cups, it's also nice and compact and can store 18 K Cups at a time as well as the sugar packets, Splenda, tea bags and any sugar dispensers/creamers, stir sticks etc. on the top. It's made of fairly sturdy plastic compared to some other clear storage drawers I've purchased.

When I received it my daughter wanted it for her bathroom and I thought it was a great idea. I don't know if anyone does makeup at a dresser, we all use bathrooms and this little storage solution is perfect to store the items you most need and use, especially given sink space. I can store some lipsticks, gloss, eyeliners in the first drawer and those pesky eyeshadow and blush singles in the lower one. The top is great for the most used lipstick, gloss, a foundation, some hairclips/bands/pins, the larger section can fit my MAC powder compact and blush. It all stores neatly rather than being scattered across the sink. Other than this all I need is a clear glass holder for my brushes. I really love it as a makeup holder even if that wasn't the intended purpose. I can see it being used as a jewelery holder or a handy craft items holder as well.

Overall, I am giving 4 stars for quality and product usage as a makeup storage solution. As a coffee pod storage solution it would have received only 3 stars for functional use vs. price.

Benson Mills Climbing Vine Heavy Weight Spillproof Tablecloth, Ivory, 60-inch-by-104 inch
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy weight and stain resistant tablecloth in a deeper cream color. Great for holiday entertaining., September 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This a very nice deep cream/ creamy-yellowish tint ivory colored tablecloth, of solid woven polyester fiber. The jacquard type microfiber weave in the "climbing vine" pattern provides a nice relief pattern as well as makes it textured and prettier. The color goes well with all holiday decor especially red/brown so it's very versatile.

I tested a little clear liquid on the tablecloth and it beaded up, that's going to be great as something invariably falls on the tablecloth from gravy to wine and it really is hard to clean up as it soaks right in most fabrics like cotton. The other tablecloths I've had have been mainly cotton or mercerized cotton with a little polyester or rayon and have stained after 1-2 uses. This one looks like it may wash up really nicely. However, this fabric also does better with starching and ironing as it tends to wrinkle more. Since it's not a daily use tablecloth for me, I won't mind the ironing, I'd rather have a stain resistant tablecloth.

The size I received is good for 8-10 chair tables. I had removed the leaf from dining table and it's currently a 6 chair. The 104" is a little long for it but for holidays I will probably be putting the leaf back in. If not, it can be folded and pinned under. However, if you're ordering one for a 6 chair table it may be better to order the 72 inch or 84 inch depending on your table size.

A good product for the under $20 price. Just be prepared to iron it after a wash. Recommended.

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Immunity Support Chicken Jerky Treat for Dogs
Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Immunity Support Chicken Jerky Treat for Dogs
Price: $12.57
7 used & new from $6.90

4.0 out of 5 stars High protein treat for my lab mix dog, but expensive!, September 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This jerky has some great ingredients, and has lesser sugar than some other treat products on the market. It also has 24% crude protein, which makes it a much healthier snack than most treats available for dogs. However, the price of these Natural Balance treats is pretty high. I have bought bags with real chicken jerky 4 times the quantity in this bag for less from the big warehouse store. It is also semi-moist and it takes my lab mix literally seconds to eat this jerky. The other chicken jerky I typically get for him is much harder and drier and he has to work on it for at least a couple of minutes.

My dog gave 5 stars to this jerky as it's tasty and easy to gobble down and he'd like to eat the whole bag in one go. But since I am the one who has to shell out the dough I give it only 3 stars as I wouldn't even buy a treat for my kid at this price (vs. quantity ratio)! So due to all the grain free high protein ingredients this jerky gets 4 stars but I will probably stick to my warehouse brand.

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Mini-Rewards Lamb Formula Semi-Moist Dog Treat
Price: $10.32
8 used & new from $4.65

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for training, may work as treat for smaller dogs but is too small for my labrador mix., September 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My dog loved these treats, but then he is a lab who gobbles up most things including fruit and popcorn! I am always on the lookout for good training treats for him, especially for walks where he is meeting other dogs as he is a little nervous since he's a shelter dog who was perhaps bitten by a larger dog. These treats are good for training and have much less sugar content then the lamb roll I usually crumble to give him as a training treat. It's got very little protein (10%) so I don't really like feeding them as a snack. For snacks I prefer to give him bits of boiled egg, apples or jerky that is more protein rich. Natural Balance has a chicken jerky that is 24% Crude Protein.

These treats have good ingredients with lamb as the first ingredient followed by potato carb. Not too bad. It's not clear where the ingredients have been sourced from but they're packed in USA. I'd have liked the packaging to declare the source - that would have built my trust in this company. Overall I recommend it for training for larger dogs. It's too small to be a good snack or treat for large dogs but may work for smaller dogs.

Your Life is a Book: How to Craft & Publish Your Memoir
Your Life is a Book: How to Craft & Publish Your Memoir
by Brenda Peterson
Price: $14.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should write a memoir - and this book tells us how to get started., September 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Whenever I tell my friends some stories from my life, many say, you should write a book! A memoir. But it takes courage and introspection to write a memoir. It's a journey toward self-realization and I haven't been certain where to begin.

I love reading memoirs though. I've marveled how David Sedaris acutely observes and finds humor in the mundane. Or how Augusten Burroughs described the darkness and despair of alcoholism. Or how Anthony Bourdain let us into the world behind the restaurant kitchen door and made us confidants through his personal journey.

Despite my admiration for memoir writing, I've always hesitated in putting pen to paper to tell my own story. Could I be witty, insightful, and incisive enough like the authors I admire? Probably not. So I've never tried. Blogging despite its merits, seems like instant egotistical gratification. I wish I wrote so well that everything I wrote was worth putting out on the internet! So this book caught my attention. I like manuals, I'm always the one reading the IKEA instructions in detail laying the parts out on the ground like shown. It seemed from the title and description that this book would be my instruction manual. That it would help me create a strategy and start writing something. Having read it, I think it does just that.

The first chapter asks you to take the plunge aptly titled -"Start Anywhere" and build your story. It suggests basics like - find a place to write, write regularly, try not to summarize but let the reader feel the emotion. It suggests techniques like sidestepping so one can be more in the moment than academic. In the 2nd chapter - Your World as a Writer - the books talks about several exercises to develop a style and gives some valuable tips like not just sharing the darkest moments of our life but what we learned from them. Midway through the book the chapter on Creating a Character of Self shows us how to develop ourselves as a character in our own story. It suggests different approaches and warns us not to have a one-toned self-righteous approach - like a "Tin Jesus".

In subsequent chapters themes are discussed - Spiritual Journey, Foodoirs - memoirs based on food experiences, Life with Animals and how to approach these themes. The latter part of the book talks about better blogging, agents, editors, critics and how to get your book published and how to handle rejection.

The partnership between Brenda and Sarah Jane who are previously published authors - also writer, teacher and literary agent between them, and have also taught writing classes - has resulted in a great book on memoir writing. From how to begin writing a memoir - the place, the process, writing discipline, developing a writing style and characterization based on the theme to how to get it publishes - handling agents, editors, critics and rejection! It is an easier read than an IKEA instruction booklet and much more informative on how to begin, and may actually help me get started on telling my story. And that is the first step.

ARRIS / Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - Retail Packaging - White
Price: Click here to see our price
75 used & new from $62.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Modem works with xfinity Blast! internet service (Comcast), increase in download/upload speeds., September 15, 2014
Works flawlessly with Comcast (now Xfinity), I have the upgraded Blast! Internet package and this modem helps achieve higher download and upload speeds. Comcast though has many frequent outages in my area, 2-3 every week due to bandwidth issues with their cabling. However, the icons in front of the modem change color to show if there is an issue with the service as send/receive icons change color when there is an outage.

I have found that the xfinity account app on the iPhone helps manage and reset the connection, just in case there are any issues and sometimes I've had to reset the modem to refresh the IP address. The modem itself is great and works flawlessly. I had my older Motorola modem for about 6 years before I had to replace it due to new DOCSIS requirements and I expect this modem to work just as many years.

Norton Security with Back Up
Norton Security with Back Up

4.0 out of 5 stars Integrated security software from Norton, takes up less space and tracks more malware., September 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Norton Security with Backup is Symantec's attempt to bring together 2 previous products - online security and backup. It previously had a product Norton 360, which was a little confusing - the new product name is easy to understand. The software protects your PCs, tablets and smartphones online and also allows you to create backups of all your documents, videos and photos on all your devices.

The software has tabs like Security, Identity, Backup, Performance and More Norton. Clicking Security shows four separate buttons, such as scans, LiveUpdate, History and Advanced. This tabbed design makes this software more user friendly.

This software as per Symantec uses cloud-based technologies to evaluate files as they're accessed for potential malware. This is a good development as updates can be faster and it makes the software less space heavy, one of my major peeves with Norton software as memory is always at a premium.

From what I can tell so far, there have been some performance improvements, as it seems to slow down my computer less and seems to be less annoying in terms of web browser pop ups and plugins.

The Backup tab allows you to pick what you want to backup, where you want to back up including online or local disks on your WiFi and how often. If you lose your files you can go online and restore your files. I have not used this feature so I will try and report back on how it works.

Charmin Plus The Scent Of Chamomile 48 Double Rolls
Charmin Plus The Scent Of Chamomile 48 Double Rolls
Price: $40.58

3.0 out of 5 stars Scent is overpowering at first but fades later, I wouldn't pay a premium for TP with fragrance., September 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I prefer using Cottonelle due to it's strength and sometimes Kirkland brand. Charmin disintegrates too quickly for me, except the ultra strong type. This scented paper sounded interesting so I thought I would give it a try. 48 rolls arrived packaged in 4 packs of 12 regular rolls of 165 sheets each.

My first impression was that the scent was really strong, my family literally went whoa! as I pulled out the rolls. I ended up storing them in the shoe closet as that could use the strong fragrance. The scent wears off in an hour or two though. You'd have to sniff the toilet paper to detect any after a day.

I fail to see the point of this toilet paper. If the intention was to leave the body parts fresher it's much better to use a wet wipe than just try and apply fragrance. It's not great as a bathroom freshener or deodorizer either, since the scent fades away quickly. It is however pretty overpowering in the beginning it may actually irritate some people with sensitive noses.

Given the higher price point I would just stick with the regular TP and pass on this fragrant version.

Metric Conversion Chart Fridge Magnet 6" x 8" Includes Weight Conversion Chart, Measurement Conversion Chart, Liquid Conversion Chart and Temperature Conversion Chart
Offered by Muzitao
Price: $10.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy metric conversion chart, fridge magnet makes it convenient to use., September 11, 2014
This is a handy chart for cooks and bakers that helps convert recipes. There are many iPhone apps or you can Google information too, but there is nothing like having it handy on the fridge when your hands are covered in flour. It's nice to have over temperature conversions as well.

Especially having grown up with metric system and now having to use US customary measures creates confusion, this chart helps simplify the measurements for several baking ingredients and oven temperatures from degrees C to degrees F. The fridge magnet is pretty sticky and stays put on my refrigerator. Makes a nice gift for someone who loves to bake, the price fluctuates but it's a better value if you can get it closer to $5.

Black Credit Card Knife (Black Blade) Best Tactical Folding Knives by Muzitao©
Black Credit Card Knife (Black Blade) Best Tactical Folding Knives by Muzitao©
Offered by Muzitao
Price: $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice design for a folding knife, could do with some quality improvements., September 11, 2014
This is a slim credit card sized folding knife. The base is plastic and the blade is metal. The plastic under the blade folds back and the sides come up around and lock together to give it a handle. The blade is fairly sharp and can be used for simple tasks. It's a good travel knife and handy to have in the car.

I wish it came with instructions as I gave one to a friend and they broke it trying to snap the blade out of the hinge in an effort to turn it around. The plastic safety button is also flimsy, I kept trying to slide it up and down before I figured out it rotates rather than slides. The safety on one knife was a little worn and difficult to rotate. I also wish the knife came with a small case - something like a plastic visiting card case so it can be stored safely in a pocket or purse. Since the safety is so flimsy and 2 of the hinges already broke I worry about the blade coming loose.

I wasn't expecting a Leatherman quality tool but the plastic parts can be of better quality.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20