Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more
Profile for ZenWoman > Reviews

Browse

ZenWoman's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2115
Top Reviewer Ranking: 291

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ZenWoman RSS Feed (WA, USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Veterinarian's Best 30 Count Probiotic Soft Chews Supplement for Dogs
Veterinarian's Best 30 Count Probiotic Soft Chews Supplement for Dogs
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $16.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog's happy with the flavor, I'm happy as less messes to pick up!, April 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My dog sometimes gets an upset stomach and desperately tries to eat the grass from our yard to regulate his stomach. Sometimes I think he's really a cow disguised as a dog as he seems to graze on entire sections of fresh wild grass when I take him on a walk. I've been trying to have him eat foods like yogurt that will give him some healthy bacteria but dairy is not great for dogs. So these chews are very welcome.

They're tasty, they contain protein, no animal by products or bad ingredients and they also supply healthy bacteria to regulate his stomach, so he poops well and I don't have messes in the house. He still loves his green, green grass though!

The Business of Good: Social Entrepreneurship and the New Bottom Line
The Business of Good: Social Entrepreneurship and the New Bottom Line
by Jason Haber
Price: $14.99
24 used & new from $10.87

2.0 out of 5 stars Anecdotal content and opinion pieces, not really about setting up a social enterprise., April 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Social Entrepreneurship is gaining momentum lately, and there has never been a better time. The author of this book, Jason Haber, tells us the story behind what is being hailed as Capitalism 2.0, or profit with purpose.

I really wanted to like this book, but it reads more like an opinion piece, or an essay rather than a clear, objective, based on research type of book. For instance, in Capitalism 2.0, Supermarkets are hailed as capitalistic who underpay their employees. For social entrepreneurship a lot of the smaller businesses are showcased. Are we sure that the small business social entrepreneurs in poorer countries are all paying their employees well above minimum wage? I am not disagreeing, but I would have liked to see a properly reasoned argument backing his statements rather than an opinion. However, Haber only skims the surface of this topic, there is no in-depth discussion.

The rest of the book follows the same tone of telling us more about Haber's experiences. He mentions things that are common knowledge to anyone who reads the news. His slightly condescending tone annoyed me a little, "Who would have predicted back in 1997- before The Great Convergence - that Bill Gates would be a leader in the fight against global poverty? Needless to say, he has come a long way." Ok, thanks for letting us know.

Haber lost me again in the penultimate chapter as he talks about his personal exploits yet again, "I am probably unique among real estate agents in that my background is in policy and politics....While I'm content discussing Manhattan apartment prices, I'm just as happy to discuss US foreign policy." He says while relating how Gaddaffi once wanted to rent a townhome from him and how he turned down a big commission over the phone while "aggressively barking" into the phone about sending the terrorist who planted the bomb back to Scotland. Not only that how he really needed the commission he would get but he still managed to turn it down! (I'd like to make a comment here but was rendered speechless!) Then it goes on to talk about how Gadaffi's regime was a kleptocracy and more as the chapter was about "the Gaddafi lesson."

And all I wanted was to read about social entrepreneurship.
While we're on that topic, Jason Haber is called a social entrepreneur, but it is a bit unclear to me how his real estate business that was acquired and made him part of the management of Warburg Realty, a social enterprise? It seems they have a couple of projects in low income areas, but was that by design or just a good business opportunity? Anyway, that's the same question I can ask about some of the social enterprises discussed in the book. If I am being cynical, it's because everyone now wants to be in the feel-good social entrepreneurship since someone discovered the truth about the fortune at the bottom of the pyramid.

So overall, if you enjoy anecdotal, podcast like, opinion pieces or essays, you'll like this book. He is evidently a celebrity as he's on Huff Post, CNBC and Fox Business News. I was expecting a well researched and thoughtful book about turning an idea into a business for the good of the community so I was disappointed.

Main Street Entrepreneur: Build Your Dream Company Doing What You Love Where You Live
by Michael Glauser
Price: $18.85
23 used & new from $14.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Distilled wisdom of 100 entrepreneurs from around USA. Inspirational., April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Michael Glauser, a university professor, interviewed more than 100 entrepreneurs across 100 cities for this book for their secrets to success. He showcases people like Jon Huntsman Sr who started a company that grew to a multi-billion dollar corporation (and also donated generously to my school so the building is named after him) to Aaron Taylor who opened a food cart before he turned 18 to take care of his mother's medical bills. It also featured Gary Delp of Montana who dropped out of the university and started his own Timber business dismantling old buildings and selling wood wholesale.

The book is highly anecdotal and interesting but Glauser also takes this wisdom straight from the entrepreneurs and tries to distill the secret sauce into a few rules. He calls them the 9 keys for success. They are things like "Building a purpose-driven business", "Meeting Important Community Needs" that not only feed the soul and keep the passion alive, along with rules that drive growth like " Diversifying Revenue Streams" and "Giving mind boggling customer service".

Several books talk about revenue streams and customer service and it's all true, but I like how Glausner has identified giving back, creating the lifestyle of your dreams, meeting community needs as important keys to success as well. I liked this book, for one, it brought home the point that what we call success is a personal definition, it's not just about the size of the business but how much joy it ultimately brings to the entrepreneur.

This book is also inspirational as often these 9 keys drive the success, but often we get caught up in the Wall Street numbers to evaluate a company once it becomes successful and forget about the real passion and purpose of one person that started the whole thing. These keys are given to us from Main Street but if I pick some companies I admire, for instance Starbucks, I can see all these 9 keys are the reason for their success. There are other scattered gems in the book under Reflections on topics like Increasing Efficiency, Building Zealous Tenacity, that are right on the mark. I recommend this book to anyone who has ever thought about branching off on their own.

CoolPers Six Armed Monkey Phone Stand and Air Vent Car Mount ? Portable Adjustable Stand and Holder from 3.5? to 5.2? for iPhone 6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 – Black
Offered by GearMart
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute monkey shape, but a bit cumbersome., April 27, 2016
It's cute, it's a monkey after all but it takes way too much space on the vent and then my phone blacks all the air. It stays on the vent and holds most phones but bending the arms to different sizes is a pain as we use 2 different phones.

It also does not do well for big phones with thick cases as the arms are a bit short but it's good for an iPhone 6. I like the fact that the phone stays mostly put but I love the convenience of the magnet mounts as the phone can be turned horizontal. I just keep a case with the metal disc stuck on in my car and slip my phone in it for drives where I need to use the phone GPS. Or I can just stick a metal plate inside my gel case. With this one I have to do some bending. If you drive with a kid they may love the cute shape though!

Vessos Women's Casual Scoop Neck Loose Fitting Colorful Stripe Top Blouse T-shirt
Price: $5.99 - $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Thin woven tunic style shirt, good for summer or as a sleep shirt., April 27, 2016
This is a super thin material woven long tunic style shirt with a loose comfortable fit. It has to be worn with something underneath or with a jacket or it's almost see through. It will also work as a long sleep shirt as the fit is loose and not body hugging.

My daughter loved the cool feeling fabric but the colors are pretty bright and don't coordinate with most of her stuff. So it will get limited use. Personally, I love bright colored stripes, and if this shirt had been available in my size I would have totally worn it this summer.
[Received a free sample for testing in exchange for an honest review]

Skechers Performance Women's Go Walk 2 Slip-On Walking Shoe,Black,10 M US
Skechers Performance Women's Go Walk 2 Slip-On Walking Shoe,Black,10 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars Like walking on clouds. Comfortable fit for wider feet., April 27, 2016
These shoes fit well on my slightly wide feet as they are stretchy. After wearing them for a few days I don't want to wear anything else as they're really comfortable. The good is that I can wear them to work as they look much better than wearing sneakers. It's like walking on a cloud all day, my feet don't hurt at all. They don't provide a lot of arch support but they've got some bounce and my feet don't get as tired in them. The opening in the back is perfect to get them on and keeps them cool. Really happy with these shoes.

2016 Newest Lenovo ThinkPad 11E 11.6" Ultraportable Business Notebook | Intel N2940 Quad-Core | 128GB Solid State Drive | 4GB DDR3 | 802.11ac | Bluetooth | Win10 Pro
Offered by The TuTu Train
Price: $279.00
13 used & new from $227.49

3.0 out of 5 stars A little too slow, and performance issues like buggy keyboard., April 27, 2016
It's good for the price, but it's a little too slow and a little too small to be a full service laptop, in hindsight I should have paid about 100 bucks more and got a 13 inch laptop with some better features.

I wanted a basic, light portable laptop that I could take to a coffee shop, load up with some software, and not have to worry about it being stolen. I also wanted some memory as I can't be on WiFi all the time when I travel, so the Chromebooks were not going to fit the bill. I preferred Windows as I have a Microsoft Office 360 account. This laptop checked many boxes but I am not using it as much as I thought I would due to how slow it is and the limited screen size. I bought a similar Acer laptop dual purpose with a detachable screen, that somehow gets more use as it's more portable.

I mostly wanted to use it to write reviews like this but even that's hard as the keyboard is a bit smaller, and although it's well designed, sometimes the keys start lagging if the laptop is not plugged in and is running on battery. That makes it pretty much unusable unless it's plugged in. It's a bit frustrating when you can type stuff faster on your iPhone or iPad than your laptop! I do wish that the keyboard was lighted as it's hard to see in a darker coffee shop. It's not touchscreen, but that's not an issue for me.

I guess I can't expect the Lenovo Yoga Pro 3 at this price, which I used at work and loved. This laptop was designed to be an educational laptop for classrooms. I am now thinking that if I wanted portability with memory and power I should have gone for a used Macbook that are in a similar price range as this laptop is about an inch thick and a little too heavy to be truly throw into a handbag portable. On the plus side it has a SSD drive and seems pretty solid.

It really depends on what you're looking for, it did not serve my purpose like I thought it would. I really think the buggy keyboard should be improved by Lenovo as that would make this machine much more usable.

Feraco Jewelry Charm Ocean Titanic Heart Blue Pendants Necklace Rhinestone Best Gift for Mother's day
Offered by Feraco Jewelry
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Can you hear "My heart will go on..." yet?, April 27, 2016
This is a beautiful pendant, it is a great imitation of the famous Titanic heart pendant featured in the movie. It's a gorgeous deep sapphire blue and looks great with a similar blue colored dress or a black dress.

[Received a heavily discounted sample in exchange for an honest review]

iPhone 6 Plus Wallet Case, iYCK [9 Card Slot] Premium PU Leather Folio Flip Protective Shell and Magnetic Detachable Slim Hard TPU Cover for Apple iPhone 6/6S Plus 5.5inch with Wrist Strap - Pink
Offered by IYCK
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Detachable phone case in flip wallet design. Just what I wanted., April 27, 2016
This is exactly what I needed - a compact wallet phone case for my iPhone 6 Plus that let's me carry an ID and credit cards, and a design that does not require me to hold up the wallet to my cheek. This design has a detachable phone case that stays in place with a magnet and I can take it out to call or text.

The wallet is very handy as it has 2 sections that open up like a book. The first one has credit card pockets on each side for storing 4-5 credit cards and a clear window for an ID. It also has a pocket behind the credit card sleeves to hold some cash or additional cards. The second section has a magnetic backing that holds the iPhone 6 Plus. The case is fully detachable as it's stuck on with magnets rather than velcro. The case has a PU leather back in the same color as the wallet and black plastic edges. There is also a wrist strap to attach to the wallet case to carry it like a wristlet. Since they no longer make women's pants and clothes with pockets, having a wallet like this is a necessity or it's easy to lose the phone.

This is a compact design, great for the times when you don't want to carry a large purse, like when you're just walking somewhere, or at an event where carrying a bigger purse is a pain. Love the design and the bright hot pink color.
[Received a free product sample from vendor in exchange for an unbiased review]

iPhone 6 Plus Case, iYCK Ultra Slim Thin Premium Flexible Soft TPU Extra Grip Anti-Scratch Protective Transparent Border Back Cover for Apple iPhone 6/6S Plus 5.5inch - White Floral Tree
Offered by IYCK
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful design, well made clear gel case., April 27, 2016
This is a beautiful case with a tree design embossed in white that looks gorgeous with my silver iPhone 6 Plus.

What I like:
- Gorgeous design, looks great for work, stylish yet simple
- Clear and protective, yet still low profile
- All buttons and cutouts in right places and all usable with case on
- Gel case makes the phone less slippery

I use a screen protector with this case and it keeps pulling off the protector a bit which I don't like but that's a minor issue.

[Received a free sample in exchange for an honest review]

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20