Profile for ZenWoman > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 12022

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ZenWoman RSS Feed (WA, USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DII Bone Dry Stripe Embroidered Paw Print Pet Mat for Food, Water, Treats in Microfiber for Maximum Absorbency, Gray
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A neccesity for putting down doggie bowls on hardwood., June 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great product for the price, I had been looking for a similar one for a while but could not find one that was big enough for my pet's dishes, or the color I wanted was always sold out in stores.

This mat prevents the spills from seeping into the hardwoods and keeps the area neat and clean. It also helps in avoiding overturning the bowls by accident as they have a better grip on the mat. It is so much simpler to just throw this in the wash and it did come out looking good. My dog is happy that his bowl doesn't slide at all as he eats. He doesn't hate the color either. Recommended.

Just For Me Detangler Hair Milk Pre Wash Softening, 8 Ounce
Just For Me Detangler Hair Milk Pre Wash Softening, 8 Ounce
Price: $5.72
4 used & new from $5.72

3.0 out of 5 stars Work a little, not a lot., June 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product is fine, but not as good as the argan oil and shea butter based product I had been using for hair detangling for my kid. This product has a lot of silicones and smoothers often found in conditioners and skin softening creams. I don't think it has a lot of longer term benefits like natural oil based detanglers. It did not work as well as the oil based products I've been using for detangling as my kid's hair was still tangled after application. 3 stars.

Prevail Bladder Control Pads, Maximum/Regular, 48 Count (Pack of 4)
Prevail Bladder Control Pads, Maximum/Regular, 48 Count (Pack of 4)
Price: $46.54
10 used & new from $42.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for multiple purposes, good absorbency and right size., June 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Quite by accident I found out that bladder control pads work just as well as overnight menstrual pads when I asked a male friend to come back with some overnight protection pads and he brought back Poise. Yes, men don't need directions and they don't like to read labels either. Those pads were bigger and thicker than a menstrual overnight pad but they did work.

So I am using these Prevail pads for the same purpose. They are thicker and more cottony feeling and work well as overnighters. The perforated plastic shield on Always brand menstrual pads gives me rashes if I wear it all the time, so Prevail works better for me at night.

And yes, it can also help with bladder control of course, I sometimes wear one on a road trip, as by the time I sit down, I've already leaked as I've been holding it in. I found these a little more comfortable than Poise Overnights as they are a little bit smaller. But all these pads don't stick well and do shift around and can bunch up if not pressed firmly. The price is reasonable, so overall I give them 4 stars.

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Permanent Hair Color 7G 106G Natural Dark Golden Blonde 1 Kit
Price: $8.49
12 used & new from $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy application but did not produce the dark blonde color as expected., June 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This color was easy to apply, no mess and no fuss. But the color dried out my hair slightly and did not give expected color results, it went a little too auburn than dark blonde in my opinion. Nice n' easy is a good brand of hair color though and I've used other shades in the past. This one did not work so well, I think it may work better for someone with really light blonde hair who wants to go darker toward brown.

Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo
Price: $179.99

3.0 out of 5 stars So far Echo is a "nice to have" than life-changing., June 23, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Echo (Electronics)
We waited for Echo with bated breath but when it arrived we found that it did not really change our lives the way we thought it would. While it’s nice to be able to ask a Bluetooth speaker to play music but we can just as easily start the music through Siri on iPhone, or play music on our main Bowers and Wilkins Bluetooth speaker which beats Echo hands down. As a Bluetooth speaker Alexa is just ok so we don’t often play music on it. I found it most useful to ask it to read the news to me, but it does read only the headlines from NPR news. Just for that purpose it’s a nice to have, but not life changing. Also, our IP address from Comcast matches up with another city so we never get the right weather or traffic report, I have to find a way to change it.

Overall, I found that all of the things that Alexa can do, Siri can also do and it’s more convenient as the phone is always in your hand. Since Echo is stay-at-home it does not have the wayfinding and location features Siri has. I admit I’ve never tried to ask Alexa “What does my day look like?” or “Text Tom that I am going to be there by 8 PM” like I ask Siri, since Echo is not tied to a device that uses a calendar or texting.
As far as I can see Echo is best used in the kitchen for people who spend a lot of time there, it’s a nice hands free way of playing music, adding to a list or just ask it random facts. I am rarely ever in the kitchen without my phone so I never remember to use it.

Once the novelty of Echo wore off, my family found it creepy when the blue ring on Echo would light up and listen to us even though we had not used “Alexa” in our conversation. Finally, my daughter just turned it off one day despite my protests and hid it somewhere. I am now trying to find where she hid it so I can resurrect Alexa. I did like her reading my news!

100 Days of Happiness: A Novel
100 Days of Happiness: A Novel
by Fausto Brizzi
Price: $20.48

4.0 out of 5 stars A poignant and heartwarming debut novel from the Italian director Fausto Brizzi., June 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Lucio has only 100 days left to live after he discovers he has cancer and those are the 100 happiest days of his life. Fausto Brizzi has written a delightful and poignant novel about the tenuous nature of our lives and the happiness that can be found in every day moments if we are present.

The novel starts out by telling us what the story is going to be about in the next hundred pages. Lucio tells us about the 3 most important dates of his life, his conception, his proposal to the love of his life and his death. And then gives us the details of how he got there. Each chapter builds towards the D day or the 100th day, and although we know of the impending fate like Lucio we delight in every moment and even laugh out loud as he tries to live those days the best he can. We root for Lucio as he lives with his friend Fritz, his name for his tumor, and tries to win back his wife. It's a heartwarming and poignant novel which reminds us to live every day and moment of our lives.

Phantom Aquatics Cancun Mask Snorkel Combo, Clear/Red
Phantom Aquatics Cancun Mask Snorkel Combo, Clear/Red
Offered by Prime Scuba
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and well built snorkel, great fun on vacation., June 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is not a professional snorkel lit but for any fun activities on a vacation it works perfectly. I was surprised by it's weight and size at first, as I've only used lighter swimming masks so far. This one is so much nicer than the rental snorkels we got the last time we went snorkeling. those were like light plastic tubes that did not hold up well in sea water but this one is nice and sturdy.

The mask fits well and does not allow in water and stays put for a pretty long time. It's good for small to medium sized heads. The outer ring moulds to the face to keep out water and feels fairly comfortable. It does get a little foggy after a while. The mouth piece works well too and the tube allows you to breathe. It just takes a little practice.

If you're using it in salty water always remember to rinse thoroughly and dry for longevity. It's a fairly heavy and well built set, it comes in a plastic velcro case.

Buyus iPhone 6 Plus Case [Clear with Design and Bumper and Dust Plug Series] [Slim Fit] Sleek Crystal Transparent Hard Back Cover Protective with Cute Floral Flowers Print [Cherry Blossom] and Grip Soft Flexible Gel TPU Rubber Silicone Colored Bumper Sides Frame for Apple iPhone6 5.5 inch - 5 Patterns (5.5'' Pink)
Offered by BuyusDirect
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and girly case for the iPhone 6 Plus., June 18, 2015
I got the yellow color and this is very cute case. The picture is accurate, and It looks exactly like it is in the picture. There are a cute dandelions blowing in the wind in the image. The back is clear so the design appears on the back of your phone. Some colors may look better than others for that reason.

The sides are rubberized and provide good protection for the phone. I like the slim fit and the low profule of this case as it does not add bulk yet is very functional. The cutouts are all in the right place. Recommended.
[Sample received for testing and review]

Frigidaire Professional Pro-Select Digital 12-Cup Coffee Maker, Stainless Steel FPAD12D7PS
Price: $82.06
3 used & new from $81.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Brews a hot and well-balanced cup of coffee, can be set in auto mode., June 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the second Frigidaire Professional coffee maker I've used.

Before these pro coffee makers, I had given up drinking drip coffee and was using the French Press, however, this coffee maker extracts good flavor from coffee. It produces a hotter cup of coffee than cheap drip coffee makers and the flavor is more even, less bitter. However, most users complained that these coffeemakers have died within the year.

I retired mine after a year as I bought a Keurig and mine was still working after daily use, so I may have been lucky. But since I did not use it over a year I cannot say if mine would have died. Frigidaire claims they've made improvements since and now the coffee maker will not die as quickly. I have to confess that while I was using the Keurig I missed my Frigidaire as I can use my favorite grinds in this machine and it produces a very nice well-balanced cup, and so much hotter, my one pet peeve with Keurig.

The things I like about this coffee maker:
- Auto feature - Nothing like getting your coffee made by itself in the morning, the machine is easy to set up and we woke to the delicious smell of brewing coffee
- Coffee Strength - Strong or Regular can be selected which helps extract more flavor from coffee on Strong setting. I've learned not to use the Strong setting as we use darker roasts and they turn bitter if we use the strong setting.
- Water filter - The cartridge filter improves taste of coffee, the replacements are available on Amazon
- Gold Mesh filter - It's easy to clean and helps extract good flavor from coffee without any sediment. My older machine filter was still fine after a year.
- Option to set plate temperature for warming and set time to stay warm - You can keep your coffee warm upto 120 min and the plate temperature can be set to medium, high or low so that your coffee does not get that burnt taste. This was great as I like to drink more than a cup and warming it in the microwave is not the same.
- Beeps after coffee is done brewing so there is no guess work involved
- Auto pauses if you want to pour coffee as it's brewing
- Water level indicator and provided coffee scoop
- Easy to use, and fits under counter
- Solid build, stainless finish

The negative:
-The older machines died after a year. Recent reviews tell me that this might still be a problem.
-The carafe that I received with the older machine was leaking and I had to order a replacement, this one is working fine right now.
- Not really a negative but while we were using our last Frigidaire we drank much more coffee as it produced a nice cup and auto mode was so easy to set. My consumption went up significantly on the days I was home as I would brew too much in this large 12 cup machine and drink it all, I am more even handed with Keurig. Those K-Cups cost the earth and don't even produce a hot cup of joe!

Overall, a nice coffee maker but on the pricey side. However, hotter and more even flavored coffee and the auto feature is worth the little extra as long as the machine lasts longer than a year.

Zenna Home H21WW04, Luxury HotelWaffle Weave Shower Curtain, 70 in x 72 in, White
Price: $24.37
14 used & new from $15.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Diamond pattern white on white curtain, water resistant but needs liner., June 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a generously sized bathroom curtain made of 100% woven polyester. It has a diamond pattern that looks like an embossed pattern. The diamonds alternate from an up-down stitch pattern to a left-right stitch pattern to give the slightly shiny embossed effect. It's nice to use a whiter curtain especially in the summer as it reflects some light makes the bathroom light and bright and seem bigger.

Since the curtain is polyester it dries quickly and does not get too wet easily but I'd recommend using it with a liner. I've seen some hotels use these type of curtains without a liner, but if you plan to fill the tub instead of using the shower this type of curtain will soak up the water and take extremely long to dry and could turn moldy.

It's weighed down with magnets to keep it from flying off. It is not as thick as the waffle weave curtains in the hotels and also looks a little bit cheaper. It's ok for the price, but if you want a more luxurious feel shower curtain you may want to keep looking.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20