Profile for N'Tucky Mnkey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

N'Tucky Mnkey RSS Feed (Kentucky)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Yin Yang Life T-Shirt Grey
Yin Yang Life T-Shirt Grey
Offered by Old Glory
Price: $14.95 - $19.90

1.0 out of 5 stars Religious misrepresentation for a cheap buck., May 17, 2015
Taoism has a lot to offer the world. However, nobody will ever take it seriously or give it a second thought if these wonky misrepresentations of it keep spreading around. You can't just fit it's ideas neatly in a Western ideology like this. It's a whole other way of thinking. Unreal. Sorry but this is a butchery of a sacred symbol.

No practitioner of Taoism would call out yin and yang as a balance of good and bad. It's a neat shirt, maybe with a good intent, but I don't think using the yin yang symbol in this way is acceptable. It's very shallow and misleading. What if I made a shirt with a holy cross on it that said, 'When people hang here good stuff happens for the world and stuff.' It's ignorant. This shirt is no less appalling. Do you suppose the Chinese are not insulted by this? They ought to be.

For anyone that actually cares, this symbol could better be described as a balance between the masculine and feminine and their interplay. Moving forward, and retreating. Motion and rest. It's more complicated than that if you actually want to study it. But please, don't wear this shirt out.

Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker
Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker
Price: $29.95

3.0 out of 5 stars ... but you don't want instant this could be a good option for you, May 4, 2015
If you want a fast cup of coffee but you don't want instant this could be a good option for you.

I've been using this product every day for over a week and I've come to the conclusion that it solves a problem that may not exist. If you are in a hurry and want a decent cup of coffee for one and you really object to instant coffee then this is the product for you. That's it.

It is not the best cup of coffee. It is a really good cup of coffee in a hurry, however, not the best cup of coffee and it never will be. The reason is the brewing temperatures involved. This device is meant to be used with water in the 175 degree range (far short of boiling temperatures). Other methods like the french press or a chemex can use much higher temperatures and get a more complete extraction. That means that the coffee I've had out of the aeropress is lacking in a complete flavor profile. I think they try to balance this out by including a scoop that uses way more coffee than other methods. Well, that helps maintain the strength of the coffee but it won't round out the flavor profile. It also slightly increases the cost of brewing by requiring more coffee. This is somewhat offset by the inexpensive filters.

There are things that I like about the aeropress that will keep it around my home. The filters are incredibly cheap. You can get a years supply for five bucks. Chemex filters cost $35 for a years supply.

Aeropress packs down small and is nearly indestructible so I can see that it would be great for camp or travelling.

It is incredibly fast. Brewing with my chemex takes 15 or 20 minutes. The aeropress from the time I put the water on takes six minutes.

Overall a neat little device that has it's own place in the world of coffee.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2015 1:39 PM PDT

Bench Dog Tools 10-074 Universal Router Edge Guide
Bench Dog Tools 10-074 Universal Router Edge Guide
Price: $39.99
6 used & new from $33.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Well, that didn't go as expected., May 3, 2015
This edge guide is well constructed but potentially has a design flaw. The inner edge of the guide has an in and out curved surface to help the guide smoothly run along curved edges. Well, if you are going around a tight outer curve the materially will naturally move into the deep notch that sits in front of the handle which will cause the cutting bit to move further into the material. That means that you will get more material removed along outer curves. Does that matter to you? It may if you are expecting to remove exactly an inch around an irregularly shaped piece of wood.

CMT 806.127.11 Flush Trim Router Bit 1/4-Inch Shank, 1/2-Inch Bearing, 1/2-Inch Cutting Diameter, 1-Inch Cutting Length
Price: $15.19
9 used & new from $12.69

1.0 out of 5 stars bearing flew off., April 8, 2015
Less than three minutes into using this bit and the bearing flew off damaging the project. I will not purchase router bits from this company again.

Prime Instant Video
Prime Instant Video
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficult install probably to dissuade you from using anything other than an Amazon fire. Really disappointing., February 23, 2015
This review is from: Prime Instant Video (App)
Absolute rubbish install. Fire whoever is responsible for this. I'm off to watch Netflix on my Netflix app that isn't impossible to install. Hey guys, this is not motivating me to buy a fire tablet. I thought about getting one for the kids, but not now. Oh heck no not now.

Nuvo SF77/857 Bulkhead 1-Light Oval Cage 75W A19, Textured Black
Nuvo SF77/857 Bulkhead 1-Light Oval Cage 75W A19, Textured Black
Price: $35.88
5 used & new from $33.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not diecast aluminum as listed at the top of the page. Cheap plastic garbage., February 4, 2015
NOT die cast aluminum. The list of features at the very top of the page list this as die cast aluminum. At a price of $34 you expect this light to have a real metal cage. This is not a 'bulkhead' light. A bulkhead is a division between compartments on a sailing ship. A light that one would place on a bulkhead would therefor be able to withstand the pressures of the ocean. This plastic chunk couldn't best a child slapping it. So how can it be sold as a bulkhead light? Nothing but flexible plastic. It looks terrible. Cheaper than cheap. Gaudy even. There is nothing really redeeming that I can say about this hideously cheap looking light. I would place it's real value around $3.00. At that price you could put it in a child's tent where it belongs. Well, at least until they break it an hour later.

Kent The Handmade Comb - 175 mm Coarse Toothed Dressing Table Comb Model No. R5T
Offered by Top Shelf Barber Supplies
Price: $8.22
9 used & new from $6.18

5.0 out of 5 stars You could have any bendy/flexy rubbery comb but you want something cool in the hand, January 17, 2015
This is a comfort item for sure. You could have any bendy/flexy rubbery comb but you want something cool in the hand. It should feel like glass but smooth and unbreakable. That's a real comb. Like the bakelite beauties of 1920. I had a bakelite comb once and this material feels very similar. If you've never used a REAL comb then you won't know what I'm talking about. Trust me, this is the real thing. Running it through your scalp is not just straightening your hair, it's calming. This feels like a comb should. It's one of the pleasures afforded to men that should not be overlooked. Like shaving. Combing your hair should be a pleasure.

I am pleased.

Luxe Bidet MB110 Fresh Water Spray Non-Electric Mechanical Bidet Toilet Seat Attachment
Offered by 2Go Products LLC
Price: $59.98
12 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars but it's nice to have the option, January 17, 2015
I try to write a solid review on every helpful purchase that I make. I took a while on this one because, well, it's a hard thing to talk about.

First off, it does what it reports to. It does clean a person off with rather remarkable accuracy. Naturally, you think all people are different, different eye spacing and what have you. Anyway it hits the mark. ;/

My son has started using this device as well which has really cut down on the toilet paper usage. One of the issues with children is that they seem to use enormous amounts of toilet paper. I had thought that my kids would have an aversion to changing their bathroom habits. However, it seems they accept it more quickly than adults.

Most of the negative reviews on this device center around it having too much water pressure. Right, see, there is a knob that lets you slowly turn up the water pressure until you achieve your desired result. Now, I'm a libertarian so I believe that a person has the right to choose whether or not they sand blast their O ring. Perhaps not my thing, but it's nice to have the option.

For our family it has proven useful.

Zombie Horde Miniatures
Zombie Horde Miniatures
Offered by MegaHobby
Price: $20.85
2 used & new from $20.85

3.0 out of 5 stars That's fine, the price is right, November 29, 2014
This review is from: Zombie Horde Miniatures (Toy)
Wargames factory is a fairly new company and you can tell that they are getting their footing with miniatures. I've purchased both this pack of zombies and also a pack of the 'Male Zombie Survivors.' These minis are not quite as refined as the ones in the survivor series; they are not overly detailed and the parts do not come together quite as flush. That's fine, the price is right. Honestly, I think it's the best looking zombie horde you're going to find on the market right now. Another reviewer stated that they look the same after a dozen. I've made close to forty and they do not look at all the same... The figures themselves pose and contort and mix up in such a way that I do not believe I could have made them look the same if I tried.

The main reason that I docked two stars is the fact that standard 25mm bases are not included in this kit. So you're going to have to plunk down around ten bucks more to get these acceptable for a game table. The infuriating part is that the side of the box actually shows the figures mounted on standard bases. That combined with the fact that the survivors series by the same company includes bases leads you to believe they are in here.

So you buy some extra bases. Unfortunately your problems don't end there. The figures themselves come with the legs molded to a piece of slag (as pictured on the front of the box). This unholy hunk of chit is not just unattractive it is not functional. You cannot count on it to hold your figure upright. If you leave it on when you glue it to a standard 25mm base then your zombies will stand taller than your heros. Well, that just doesn't work does it? a zombie is a hunkered over limping sod. They can't very well be marching across the table like ball players now can they? So now you have to use an exacto knife and a strong steady hand to free the feet of each zombie before gluing it to a REAL base.

In spite of all of this it is a good kit. And if you are willing to sink the time into them your zombies are going to look great.

I'm quickly becoming a fan of Wargames Miniatures and I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with next.

Silk18 Natural Conditioner By Maple Holistics - Sulfate Free Treatment for Dry and Damaged Hair - 18 Silk Amino Acids, Argan, Jojoba, and Botanical Keratin - All Hair Types - Men, Women and Teens - Safe for Color Treated Hair - 100% Money-Back Guaranteed By Maple Holistics, 8 oz
Offered by Maple Holistics
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $12.97

5.0 out of 5 stars ... have oily hair you should not condition I am glad that I decided to get the conditioner anyway, November 13, 2014
I bought the shampoo and despite reading that if you have oily hair you should not condition I am glad that I decided to get the conditioner anyway. The shampoo definitely took the oily appearance out of my hair and I applied this stuff only to the tips of my hair and not my scalp, it left my hair soft and now I don't have to worry about my hair drying out or producing excess oil because it's dried out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4