Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

8GB Kit (4GBx2) Upgrade for a Apple MacBook Pro 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (13-inch DDR3) MB990LL/A System (DDR3 PC3-8500, NON-ECC, )
Offered by CalvinNHobbs
Price: $94.99

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised., December 5, 2012
There's not much to say. My computer now has more RAM and it works very well. Yes it does now.

Everlast Neoprene Heavy Bag Gloves
Everlast Neoprene Heavy Bag Gloves
Price: $16.99
12 used & new from $11.99

1.0 out of 5 stars These are okay if you don't have thumbs., December 5, 2012
There is no comfortable way to make a fist while wearing these. I really think that they are dangerous, as they could lead to a broken thumb.

Apple Pro Training Series: Final Cut Pro X
Apple Pro Training Series: Final Cut Pro X
by Diana Weynand
28 used & new from $3.72

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Rating. Advice about offline media., January 15, 2012
I spent two hours trying to figure out why the media in the event files wouldn't load. For me it was because, before starting the lessons, I had previously worked in FCP X and modified some preferences. Specifically, I had set my machine up to work with proxy media. From what I gather, there is no proxy media in the events. It finally occurred to me when I realized that stills and audio were loading, but no video. Just reset all your preferences. If that doesn't work, then IDK.

BTW - I am giving 3 stars because Amazon is forcing me to rate this before posting. I have read a lot of the text and find it clear and informative, but I really haven't gotten very far and wouldn't have rated this yet otherwise.

Panasonic RP-HTX7 Stereo Headphones (Black)
Panasonic RP-HTX7 Stereo Headphones (Black)
Offered by Limited Goods
Price: Click here to see our price
78 used & new from $35.35

4.0 out of 5 stars If this is your price point, buy these headphones., December 21, 2011
I work with audio all day in the film and video industry. I am also an amateur musician. These are not the headphones I use for work. My main headphones for work are my Audio Technica ATH M50s. The M50s are so dope that they completely ruined my mid level ear buds (for my iPod) for me. I've gone through a variety of ear buds and none of them have the ability to create rich full sound. It's just the laws of physics, they lack the space to create real depth. Admittedly, I never paid more than $60 for a set of ear buds, but for that money I'd rather buy headphones. Before I purchased the HTX7s I tested more than a dozen headphones (and I travelled to several locations to do it) but ironically these are probably the second pair I tested and I kept coming back to them. Just as a side note: If you live in NYC and want to test headphones at a listening station, then the places that you can hit that will each have the most cans are B and H and AC Gears.

The range of these headphones are pretty wide for this price. The mids are incredibly clear (also for this price; actually just assume that every positive descriptive that I write is followed by the phrase "for this price") which really is where most other cans in this price range suffer. The response level goes down to 7Hz, so you get a lot of low end definition. The large driver creates a decent amount of power too, so anything with a nuanced bottom end gets a strong detailed representation. I will say that if all you listen to is hip hop, then these may not be for you. Don't get me wrong, the bass is great. But these lack that overpowering rumble and crisp pop that I know most benefits what hip hop producers have in mind when they engineer tracks. I tested some Sony MTR XB500s and the bass on those really impressed me. Over all I thought they were much weaker headphones, plus I really didn't like the style of the XB 500. The HTX7s highs are probably where these headphones are most lacking. At 22kHz they have better high frequency response than many of their competitors, but compared to higher end headphones you lose some definition. It is far from a detrimental loss, and depending on what kind of music you are listening to, it doesn't effect the sound very much or very often. I only really notice it when I listen to jazz featuring horns.

Finally, I would say that what separates these headphones (and all headphones in this price range) from their more expensive counterparts, is that they lack the depth and nuance of the higher end phones. They will always sound a little thin in comparison. Also, most of the headphones I tested felt cheap and plasticky. I am sure that these are not as durable as more expensive headphones, but that is okay because they don't cost that much. The upside to the cheap construction, is that they are very lightweight. They are really comfortable too. When I first got them they clamped down a little too tightly on my jaw (bare in mind that I have an enormous head), but after a few days, they loosened up a bit. For portable use, their main drawback is that they don't fold up. This has not been a problem for me yet. They are not too large so, if you tend to cary a bag around with you then you should be fine.

I highly recommend these for casual use with an iPod, listening at home, or as a great alternative for studio use for students (way better than any of those crap Sony's that I used in school and that I see most students using).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2012 12:45 PM PST