Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for RKD > Reviews

Browse

RKD's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RKD RSS Feed (Charleston, SC)

Akeelah and the Bee
Akeelah and the Bee
DVD
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family movie for older children, February 15, 2016
This review is from: Akeelah and the Bee (Amazon Video)
My 9 year old daughter and I came across this and decided to watch. She loved it.
So did I.
The movie has a few foul words, but few, and overall a very good, inspirational, family movie.

Cool Runnings
Cool Runnings
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great movie, February 15, 2013
This review is from: Cool Runnings (Amazon Video)
good family movie.
One part where John Candy makes fun of the Lord's Prayer, but overall a great family flick.

NETGEAR Wireless Router - AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit (R6300)
NETGEAR Wireless Router - AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit (R6300)
Offered by esoterique
Price: $63.99
85 used & new from $39.00

1.0 out of 5 stars NO SUPPORT, November 10, 2012
Decided to buy this on Friday. Saturday before noon it was at my house.
Disconnected linksys, and carefully connected Netgear to proper connections.
Nothing. Ran setup assistance. Nothing. Checked, rechecked and turned off and on router several times.
Finally called customer support. Hold, Hold, more hold. Never a human on the line. After several minutes
was connected to a voicemail. This was the "24/7" customer support.
Recalled.....Hold, hold, hold.
Disconnected an reconnected linksys same way. Works fine again (just older model).
Returning Netgear.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2012 11:58 AM PST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars had one small problem but fabulous customer service, November 11, 2010
I am a physician, well versed with asthma and peak flow meters and I bought the PF100 for my son in an effort to monitor his asthma.
My son used the device a few times after we purchased it and I compared the readings with the manual units with favorable results. At 9 yrs. old, he found the PF100 easier to use and interpret than manual units. My son improved so much that we stopped using the device for many months.
He had a recurrence of symptoms and when we again tried the PF 100m we had a few issues.
I sent an email to Microlife customer service and the staff was FANTASTIC, originally trying to walk me through attempts to fix the unit, but then sending me a replacement, which again works great.

I highly recommend this unit.

Image-Guided Spine Intervention, 1e
Image-Guided Spine Intervention, 1e
by Douglas S. Fenton
16 used & new from $659.44

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent primer, September 29, 2010
This is an excellent text for learning and refreshing knowledge of interventional techniques for the diagnosis and treatment of spine disorders. Though certainly not complete in either breadth or depth, it is nonetheless well thought out, accurate, and provides appropriate images for understanding.
It should occupy a spot in the library of every physician and resident who uses interventional approaches to manage spinal disorders.

The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism
The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism
by Timothy Keller
Price: $18.20
238 used & new from $0.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than most, April 8, 2009
This text tackles some very tough questions. Is there a God? Who was Jesus? Did Jesus rise from the dead? Isn't it naive to believe the bible in today's scientific oriented world?
The answers are not always as specific as a seeker might like, of course if there were easy answers the riddle would have been solved long ago.
Keller's approach is to answer some of those issues by questioning the alternative theories, finding equally unprovable arguments on the secular, strong rationalism side.
The reader is left with the unequivocal answer that though specific tangible proof in God and the resurrection may be lacking, there is sufficient evidence to support belief as at least as reasonable and rational as non belief.
The book stimulates thought on the subjects in question. That, of course, is the point.

Making up the Mind: How the Brain Creates Our Mental World
Making up the Mind: How the Brain Creates Our Mental World
by Christopher D. Frith
Price: $30.66
61 used & new from $8.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, April 7, 2009
I have read several books on brain function. This book has little new information, but presents the author's ideas in an easy to understand fashion which would be very helpful to new readers in this area, and might help consolidate old ideas more precisely for those familiar with the subject. An easy read, worth the effort.

Common Spinal Disorders Explained
Common Spinal Disorders Explained
by Andrew D. Skyrme
26 used & new from $17.02

3.0 out of 5 stars reasonable beginning, April 7, 2009
This was a reasonable, concise beginning to understanding spinal disorders.
Not a great deal of detail.

The Logical Trader
The Logical Trader
by Mark Fisher
Price: $63.68
80 used & new from $19.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Fisher's advice well worth the price, November 21, 2008
This review is from: The Logical Trader (Hardcover)
I found Fisher's book quite by accident.

Having spent the last four years intensively investigating every possible text or method that might teach me success in the markets, I decided to find out what this book was about. I was pleasantly surprised.

I had already decided that the primary reason I was not successful, or not very successful, was not lack of market knowledge, but lack of discipline. Fisher is very clear in this text, that a method and the discipline to follow it, are what he views as the primary tools for success. He gives clear descriptions of his strategies, and he is able to relay his descriptions in an easy to follow manner. I read the complaints in other reviews about the lack of specific market information to use with these strategies. That is true. Yet the book is still well worth the money.

You will not necessarily learn more about the markets with this text.
You will learn more about how to be a trader.

Trading Rules that Work: The 28 Lessons Every Trader Must Master
Trading Rules that Work: The 28 Lessons Every Trader Must Master
by Jason Alan Jankovsky
Price: $38.63
51 used & new from $11.88

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Is a Must have for Traders, January 16, 2007
Are you an aspiring trader? Have you ever wished that you had connections in the trading business, a mentor to guide and teach you? This book is the closest thing you will find in print.

All too often as traders our focus is on indicators, historical price action, and our interpretation of fundamentals. We compile that data, interpret it as we will, and enter our trade.........only to see our position move against us almost immediately. Now what? YOU REVIEW YOUR SYSTEM, OF COURSE! Maybe, just maybe, there is more to it than that.

Jason Jankovsky tells us that we must understand ourselves to trade effectively. But then he does more. He explains how a lack of such understanding can consistently destroy ANY trading system. He explains that a true understanding of your motivations, and the motivations of those trading against you, is more valuable than any indicator, and he correlates his commentary with examples that you can relate to. In Jason's own words: You don't really need to answer the question which price is coming next; you need to answer the question where and when will the loser quit?" Then Jason shows you how to figure that out.

Buy this book! You won't regret it.