Profile for C. Duncan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Duncan RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Artcare Mesa Collection Archival Quality Matte Black 11 by 14-Inch Wood Frame Matted to 8 by 10-Inch
Price: $40.14
3 used & new from $28.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 22, 2013
The product is exactly what it says, no mars or damage. The matting is just fine. I'd buy this product and others by Artcare again.

Replacement Battery for CyberPower 800AVR 12V 7.5Ah
Replacement Battery for CyberPower 800AVR 12V 7.5Ah
Offered by BuyClerk
Price: $13.71

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, April 22, 2013
So, my UPS powered up and didn't reject it, that's always a good sign. I've had it installed for about a week so far and all's well. Unfortunately CyberPower is too lame to produce a 'PowerPanel' for OS X (or any Mac version) so I can't connect to the device to to see how the battery is performing.

WristWand Stretching Device - Blue
WristWand Stretching Device - Blue
Offered by The Therapy Connection
Price: $17.99
2 used & new from $14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Really relaxing, April 22, 2013
THis little device is limited (only 4 stars) but it is very helpful in stretching and relaxing forearms, triceps, shoulders, a bit of rhomboids and neck muscles.

If any of these muscles get tense for you during the workday, this wand is for you.

Himalaya Luxury 100% Cashmere King Size Blanket in Sage
Himalaya Luxury 100% Cashmere King Size Blanket in Sage
Offered by GoBantu
Price: $482.71

2.0 out of 5 stars Complete, utter misrepresentation of color!!!, April 22, 2013
EDIT 4-25-2013:
So, the color worked with the quilt I ordered, but the size... it's not the right size, it's 114"x84", not 108"x90". This is not wide enough to cover two people in a standard king bed. So, I'm returning it. It's too bad because it is the perfect weight for summer blanket where temperatures get cool at night, like San Francisco, or Cape Cod.
-------------
Oh, silly me! I went by the color of the photograph. The REAL color is a medium-dark green with no hint whatsoever of blue.

Don't know if I'm returning it yet, the quilt I ordered to go with it has not arrived.

It is sort of soft, but not as soft as a standard cashmere sweater; this is a *very* thin cashmere which could work well for us here in San Francisco's moderate temperatures.

Just *very* disappointed at the extremely, not even close, 'this blanket has not hint of blue' misrepresentation of the color.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2013 1:51 PM PST

Klipsch KHO-7 Outdoor Loudspeaker (Pair, White)
Klipsch KHO-7 Outdoor Loudspeaker (Pair, White)
Price: $299.99
4 used & new from $274.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, October 29, 2012
We have a pretty good sized yard in San Francisco and I was very please at the carry of the bass to the back of the lot. The highs are well defined and not screechy, mid-range is clear, vocals clear, and the bass is pleasantly strong, all outdoors.

KOKKIA i10s (Luxurious White) Tiny Bluetooth iPod Transmitter for iPod/iPhone/iPad/iTouch with true Apple authentication. Remote controls and local iPod/iPhone/iPad volume control capabilities. Plug and Play, works and fits very well with latest iPod 6th generation tiny Nano, iPod Touch 4th generation, iPhone 4 and iPad. Bluetooth iPod Adapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, February 18, 2012
This little device works wonderfully with my Nano gen6. See my review of the Jabra Clipper, as I recommend using the Clipper with this device and a similar Nano for lightweight, easy, wireless music.

Jabra CLIPPER Bluetooth Stereo Headset
Jabra CLIPPER Bluetooth Stereo Headset
Price: $30.33
13 used & new from $24.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless with Nano 6th Gen and 'i10s' bluetooth adapter, February 18, 2012
This is *great*!
Nano and 'i10s Bluetooth adapter for Nanos' fully charged, I turned on the Nano (6th gen), plugged in the i10s and it immediately started searching for a pairing.

Next, I turned on the Clipper (held the middle button for about 4 seconds).
After about 6-10 seconds they were paired and music was streaming from my Nano.
Flawless and easy.

With the Clipper you can use any headphones with a 3.5mm jack (the standard, small headphone jack on all earbuds, etc.).

Many reviewers have complained about the quality of the earbuds included with the Clipepr, but using them with the Nano I thought they sounded fine; maybe the issue is with their music streaming device? I mean, I'm going to use these for working out so I'm not expecting 7.1 digital surround effects. I want clear, uninterrupted music and that's exactly what I get (I listen to 120bpm disco, etc., for working out, e.g., M People, Yazz, Pet Shop Boys, Brand New Heavies, Ru Paul, etc.)and this combo delivers good treble and very good base.

The Clipper's volume controls work just fine, but since I've got it clipped to my collar, I use the Nano's (on an iWatch Elemental watchband - not so great) own controls. That said, 'Up' is the top button, 'Down' the lower and clipping the device in the center of my collar, jaws down, I can easily locate the volume controls and adjust them 'blind'. I like the separate 'clicks' for each volume step, as opposed to a continuous hold for volume.

A continuous hold on 'Up' advances to the next song, holding 'Down' goes back to the current song's beginning, continue to hold down and you go back one song.

Some reviewers complained about the difficulty in getting the Clipper onto their clothing... me thinks they're doing it 'the hard way'. I don't try to use two hands, or one for that matter, to pry the bugger's jaws apart;
I hold the Clipper between my thumb and index fingers of my left hand, collar edge with my right,
Clipper mouth at the edge of the fabric, backside facing up - so controls face out when I let go,
I wedge the tip of my left index finger into the large part of the opening and slide it down slightly towards the fabric, forcing the jaws open a little.
I wedge the device onto my collar.
Once it's grabbed on a bit, I can let go, pull the collar taught with my right hand and push the Clipper onto my collar with the Index finger of my left hand.

Skoy cloth, Mixed colors w/ flower (4-pk)
Skoy cloth, Mixed colors w/ flower (4-pk)
Offered by Skoy
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars PRetty amazing, February 16, 2012
I use a less environmentally conscious version of these re-usable counter wipes; it has lasted almost 6 months but does need to go. I purchased these after reading a review in Cook's Illustrated, or on their website. There, they claimed these little guys (they are about 7"x7" dry) could absorb a 1/2 cup of water.

Of course, the first the the guys and I at work did was go into the kitchen and put it to the test. We were amazed, 1/2 cup of water, poured directly into the center left very little water behind when we picked it up.

I figure each of these costs about $2, so much less than the co$t of an equivalent number of paper towels I'd have used in place of a re-usable wipe in the past 6 months.

In action they work just as well as the eco-unfriendly wipe, and you can really lean to them while getting stuck-on stuff off the counter. I damped the cloth, the spray a little (bio-degradable) cleaner, like 'Method', let it sit for a few seconds then wipe. Everything is clean and the kitchen or bathroom doesn't smell like a chemical factory.

Plus, to clean these, you can put them in the dishwasher or the washing machine.

ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD for iPad 2, Screen (APPIPADTWOS)
ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD for iPad 2, Screen (APPIPADTWOS)
Offered by Modern-tech
Price: $14.99
16 used & new from $7.81

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, March 29, 2011
This shield isn't the same size as the screen making it impossible to effectively apply it. You end up re-applying the thing multiple times which ends up allowing crap to accumulate on the screen. How much could it cost for this company not produce shields the same size as the screen??? the shield I got was easily 1/4 inch too small making it near impossible to line up the 'Home' button and camera holes.

Do yourself a favor and keep looking. This was for the iPad2.

Prosafe Dual Band Wirelss-n Access Point
Prosafe Dual Band Wirelss-n Access Point
Price: $258.06
68 used & new from $49.99

1.0 out of 5 stars TOTAL SCAM BY Netgear - UNBELIEVABLE!!!, March 16, 2011
*In my opinion*, Netgear has defrauded anyone who has bought this product.

Read Netgear's website on this product. It clearly states, under the very first bullet point, "Performance - Wireless N with Concurrent dual band operation with quality of service".
Dual Band operation means working at both 2.4GHz and 5GHz simultaneously.

We bought 8 of these ($2,000 for them at the time). I setup dual band, point-to-multipoint. PtM means your laptop wireless signal gets handed-off from one of these devices to the next seamlessly, no drop in Internet connection, just like your cell phone with cell towers, so your call doesn't (shouldn't) drop while your moving. It killed our network traffic, 90-100% packet loss.

This is an excerpt from the Netgear technician's response to me:
"I would like to inform you that this setup will not work for dual band. We also don't have any firmware version for your device to enable this setup. I highly suggest you to use the single band and work for it at this moment. Please let me have this time to check with our programmers if there will be some changes that will enable this request that you have."
Eric

So, to recap: they sell this as a fully functional dual band device at more than double the price of the single band model, and then tell you to use it as a single band model.

You decide.