Profile for Matthew J. Liptak > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 96

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matthew J. Liptak "lip89" RSS Feed (Boston, MA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Apple Watch 42mm Black Classic Buckle Smart Watch
Apple Watch 42mm Black Classic Buckle Smart Watch
Offered by Kailone Tech
Price: $1,399.88
15 used & new from $1,099.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Owned it for one week and returned it - Worst Apple Product I have ever owned, May 5, 2015
Take it from me, I am an Apple fanatic. I own two Macbooks (the new one included), iPhone, two iPads, Apple TV etc. I am an early adopter of Apple Products and when I saw this I had to have one so I preordered and received the Stainless Steel 42mm Black Classic Buckle. At first it seemed to be cool, having pretty much my iPhone strapped to my wrist, something to receive notifications, track exercise, check apps etc. After a few days what I started noticing was the phone had to always be close by and I ended up relying on my phone more after glancing at the watch, receiving texts and alerts to emails. It also was not as intuitive as I had hoped and at times I actually felt dumb wearing this let alone tapping it and listening to calls or voicemails on it. Apps were terrible on this device and when it really came down to it, telling time was also just not practical since it was a hit or miss if this turned on when it was tilted up on my wrist. I have worn a watch most of my life and I removed my Rolex for this watch since I thought maybe I could replace my expensive piece of jewelry for a smart watch. Let me tell you, in no way will this product ever take the place of a regular watch. I feel like Apple will fail with this device even though there are tons of preorders, there is no marketplace for this item and if you have to rely still on your phone (must be within bluetooth range), then what reason would you need this? Over time most of you reading this that pre-ordered this device will come to terms with the fact that you don't need this and it is a gimmick. It is actually a shame that Tim Cook went against Jobs advice on wearables and released this item since it is probably one of the worst Apple products I have ever owned.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2015 1:56 PM PDT

Apple The New Macbook Case, Retina Display 12 '' Inch Laptop Computer [2015 Release] i-Blason [Gold, Space Gray, Silver], Hard Shell Protective Case, Smooth Matte Finish (Frost Clear)
Offered by i-BLASON
Price: $22.95
4 used & new from $18.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money! This is not clear at all and is frosted! My gold Mac is not even visible!, May 2, 2015
Received this for the my new Gold MacBook the other day and not only was shipping at a snails pace but this thing is so frosted that the gold color of the Mac no longer stands out. Their version of clear is not clear at all and this thing is a piece of junk. I will wait until Speck develops a clear version and send this back. What a waste of money and time!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2015 8:45 PM PDT

Vita Coco Coconut Water, 11.1 oz. (Count of 12)
Vita Coco Coconut Water, 11.1 oz. (Count of 12)
Price: $13.79
68 used & new from $13.79

2.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Too much potassium and electrolytes from coconut water has negative effects on your liver, April 20, 2015
WARNING: High levels of potassium in your system may not be good for your liver or system according to doctors. I drank probably 1-2 of these a day and developed pains in my side and weird sensations on the right liver area. I went to my doctor and they told me too much potassium and electrolytes can effect the system and throw it off balance. The conclusion was I was intaking too much potassium from coconut water. I stopped drinking these and my system luckily returned to normal. I started drinking regular water and feel much better. Unfortunately I cannot recommend this product due to the way it made me feel.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2015 1:51 PM PDT

GoPro HERO4 SILVER
GoPro HERO4 SILVER
Price: $399.99
33 used & new from $299.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the best when it comes to action camcorders!, March 26, 2015
This review is from: GoPro HERO4 SILVER (Electronics)
This little camera is the best of the best when it comes to action camcorders. I researched these quite a bit and compared GoPro to Sony's new line and it does not even match up. GoPro invented the action camcorder and has it nailed down to a science. Not only does this come with everything you need to start filming, it is easy to use and works with the iPad and iPhone apps quite well. Plus with the hundreds of harnesses and devices to hold the little device, you can switch it in and out for a variety of shots. Plus it is easy to download the videos, however the GoPro software is not the greatest and it is just as easy to use iMovie to download the videos and convert. I went with the Silver due to the fact it has the playback screen on the back and there is no need for a 4K video since the quality is already very sharp. Highly recommend!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Brooks I have ever owned! Comfortable and light., March 15, 2015
I have owned now 4 pairs of Brooks from the Adrenaline line and they always fit great and are the most comfortable running shoe I have ever worn. They feel light and like you are walking on a cloud. These new model Transcends are no different and are comfortable and light and with the new rail guiding support in the shoes, they are perfect for running. I am mostly a treadmill runner and barely get outside, but the way these feel they would be good on the road as well. Plus the color and design is beautiful and looks better than any other Brooks design I have ever owned. However I did not buy any of Brooks from Amazon since they never have my size and the shipping times are outrageously long. I bought them from Runners Warehouse which is 2 day shipping for free! These shoes may be higher priced but they are worth every penny!

Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Vacuum
Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Vacuum
Offered by Amazing online store
Price: $439.00
74 used & new from $409.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the best! This is Dysons most improved stick to date! Worth every penny!, March 6, 2015
I have owned now 2 handhelds and 3 Stick cordless Dyson Vacuums and this newest model is the best one yet. Includes to motorized heads and assorted other attachments plus is the most powerful and intuitive and has an improved filter. If you think this is too much to pay for a Stick, think again! I use my stick more than my Dyson upright and it is the best for quick jobs and saves me the hassle of dragging out my upright. I would highly recommend!

Monday Night Mayhem
Monday Night Mayhem
DVD ~ John Turturro
Offered by Stare Media
Price: $9.57
80 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Long drawn out boring story which turns out to be more about Howard Coselle. Skip it!, January 31, 2015
This review is from: Monday Night Mayhem (DVD)
Glad I only paid $2 for this used since this movie just went on and on and on and was just too long. Turturro was good as Coselle but almost over the top with the drawl and it started as an interesting story but just went on too long about the ups and downs of ABC and Monday Night Football. It really was a movie about Coselle and the focus was on him the entire movie since it turns out the show was all about him. There were a few moments I never knew about but in the long run just a boring made for TV movie that should of been called the Howard Coselle story. Skip it. I actually disposed of this DVD after I watched it.

Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale, Black
Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale, Black
Price: $119.16
26 used & new from $119.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Not sure why all the bad reviews, this scale blows Withings away and integrates seamlessly with your Fitbit app!, January 31, 2015
Bought this to integrate into my Fitbit Surge which it does nicely. It is seamless to set up and takes about 3 minutes to join your home WiFi and add into your Fitbit account. Unlike the Withings WiFi scale, which kept losing connectivity, you dont have to go into the app and then add your Wifi to the scale, the scale actually uses the Dashboard within the website to add to your network which is a lot easier and works a lot better. So far the few times I tried this it works great. It measures weight and body fat but does not surprisingly do a BMI which they should add down the road. Plus it seems to be more accurate than the Withings scale which was off about 5 pounds. Screen is easy to read and scale is thin and compact which is nice. Black color is better than the white which looks like it could get dirty easy. I would highly recommend. Price was a bit steep but in line with other WiFi scales.

Fitbit Surge Fitness Superwatch, Black, Large
Fitbit Surge Fitness Superwatch, Black, Large
Offered by X-Button Games
Price: $248.99
32 used & new from $239.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Dumped it after 4 months due to being bulky and looking downright stupid on the wrist, January 30, 2015
UPDATE 4/19/15: I dumped this smart watch since it looks dumb on my wrist, bulky and just downright oversized like an old Casio calculator watch. Plus I never used the heart rate monitor nor did I care about how many stairs I climbed. Do yourself a favor and do some research and dont buy this. It is horrible. I take back anything I said about it after owning it for 4 months.

Let me address the pros and the cons of this device since I like you researched all of these and actually upgraded twice to this one. I bought the Charge HR device about a week and half ago and loved it, however I did notice it lacked a few options I wanted it to have over this one. Granted this device is large and for some I agree, a bit bulky with a large face and larger band. If you are thinking it wont fit under a shirt sleeve or a coat, I wear dress shirts 5 days a week for work and it fits fine under a sleeve and is not protruding.

Pros:
Large face, easy to read, backlight and touchscreen with call and text notifications (note: the Charge did not have both, just call and the screen was too small to read). I have not tried the music functionality but sounds like and added bonus. Heart rate function works just like the Charge HR with a light and seems pretty accurate. I like the fact I can choose a watch face from a selection of styles and this is pretty low profile on the arm seeing it is flatter. GPS functionality is also a cool piece to have. Easy to set up within 5 minutes ready to go. Price was okay. I feel like this should be about $50 cheaper based on functions.

Cons: This is larger than any other Fitbit device and is bulkier. Not sure I needed a second watch seeing I have a Rolex on the other wrist, but I did not buy this for the watch functionality. As with the two other Fitbit devices I owned, not sure the Calories burned is accurate seeing there is no way I am burning 3000 calories for 2000 steps walked. Sleep tracker is okay but after a while, not sure I pay attention anymore. I did upgrade the dashboard on the Fitbit site and using Premium which is a sleeker Dashboard.

Conclusion: Worth the purchase so far. I feel like Charge HR was not enough functions for my needs so we will see how this one pans out. I would recommend to anyone searching for a combo smart watch/fitness tracker. Beats out other devices I researched.

Alive and Radiant, Kale Krunch, Cheezy Chipotle, 2.2 Ounce
Alive and Radiant, Kale Krunch, Cheezy Chipotle, 2.2 Ounce
Price: $5.46
6 used & new from $3.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Would have been great if it didn't arrive as barely edible crumbs!, January 24, 2015
Tasted fine but too bad it arrived in as a bunch of crumbs barely edible. This flavor, Chipolte was pretty good and nice and spicy from the three pieces still left whole in the package. I would be very hesitant to order again since shipping would never protect this from happening again. Quite frankly a waste of $8 bucks!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10