Profile for Matthew J. Liptak > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 73

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matthew J. Liptak "lip89" RSS Feed (Boston, MA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Dyson DC59 Motorhead Cordless Vacuum
Dyson DC59 Motorhead Cordless Vacuum
Price: $549.00
6 used & new from $489.16

5.0 out of 5 stars The most powerful Vacuum on the planet! Upgraded from the older model to this and it is awesome!!, June 28, 2014
I have now owned 5 Dyson machines and I am more impressed each time with every release that comes out. These remain the most powerful vacuums on the planet and they are so easy to use and so strong that nothing compares. I have tried Hoover and the Shark and they literally suck, like really bad. They can't compete with this type of technology and nothing will. I upgraded from the DC59 Animal to this model since I wanted the motor head power and it is phenomenal. The head is large and has it's own motor so it is even more powerful on rugs and tough surfaces. Do not hesitate, go out and spend a little extra money for the quality and reliability of Dyson. You will never regret it!

NELSON GT50210 DUAL SPIKE BASE PULSATING SPRINKLER 90'
NELSON GT50210 DUAL SPIKE BASE PULSATING SPRINKLER 90'

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of junk. Broke in first few days, June 5, 2014
This sprinkler is not the best. The head broke off in two days and the pulsating mechanism cracked and broke also. Very disappointed however I guess you get what you pay for. Do not buy!

Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker
Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker
Price: $199.00
16 used & new from $199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Small in size but packs serious sound! Like it better than Soundlink II, April 26, 2014
I have previously owned the Soundlink II and although I liked it, I got rid of it because it was just too big. This speaker on the other hand is just the right size and packs some serious sound into a tiny box with the same qualities as the Soundlink II only smaller. I was shocked at how good this sounded using Sirius app on the iPhone. Not only that, it is much easier to use and it seems to connect a bit quicker and has a charger base which I do like. I purchased the protective case for it as well and in all it is a great purchase and a nice price!

LeapFrog LeapPad2 Power Learning Tablet, Green
LeapFrog LeapPad2 Power Learning Tablet, Green
Price: $79.00
41 used & new from $53.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Remember, this isn't even close to an iPad. But who cares, the kids love it!, March 16, 2014
Lets forget about the other reviews comparing this to an iPad. It will never be one and I am not sure it is trying to even be one or any tablet for that matter. This is geared towards 2 to really 6 or 7 year olds and the graphics are sub par and game play is just okay but thats what it was meant to be. It is a learning device and as the kids play, they learn without even knowing it. My son could spend an hour on Subway Surfer and not learn a thing except how to jump trains. This lets you either download games or buy cartridges and contains other things like a camera, an art coloring page and a MP3 player. Its easy to use and my kids love it and so far they love the games too. I downloaded a few more from the Leapfrog website and hooked it up to the computer and it was quick and easy. A bit of problem first downloading software to my MAC, but worked it out with the support section of the website. I would so far recommend this device!

West Bend 82306 Stir Crazy 6-Quart Electric Popcorn Popper
West Bend 82306 Stir Crazy 6-Quart Electric Popcorn Popper
Offered by Deal_Hunter
Price: Click here to see our price
54 used & new from $7.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great and easy to use. Cleanup a hassle though, March 9, 2014
This popper works great and is easy to use and pops some great corn! The arm inside I can see eventually breaking though and although a better design than in years past stirring the kernels, I can see this eventually breaking as it gets caught on kernels and stops moving. Plus the cleanup is a mess. Greasy bottom and greasy top and an arm to get gunk and oil out of is a pain. However not a bad item.

Hamilton Beach 25475A Breakfast Sandwich Maker
Hamilton Beach 25475A Breakfast Sandwich Maker
Price: $24.00
8 used & new from $21.38

4.0 out of 5 stars This is pretty good. Weird smell when first start using but okay, March 9, 2014
Bought this actually at Target for same price minus the shipping. Its very easy to use and is exactly as stated, couple steps and in 5 minutes you have a sandwich. Easy to cleanup and put back together. When first start using there is some weird teflon smell that hopefully burns off after a while. It is sort of a nasty smell and you can sort of taste it when first start eating the sandwich. I guess more of a new griddle smell. Other than that, pretty good. Don't let picture deceive you though, the egg comes out larger than the muffin and spills over.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2014 7:46 AM PDT

Electrohome® SignatureTM Retro Hi-Fi Stereo System with Record Player, CD, MP3 CDs, MP3, and Input for Smartphones, Tablets, and MP3 players AM/FM, Vinyl-to-MP3
Offered by ShopTronics
Price: $199.99
12 used & new from $149.91

5.0 out of 5 stars After thorough research of turntables, this is the one! Buy it now!, March 2, 2014
Let me put it to you this way, I research any product I am about to buy over $100. After viewing countless turntables/record players on Amazon and music stores and other websites, I was almost sick and tired of it and just ready to give in and buy a Crosley vintage player with tape and CD. That was before I decided to invest a bit more and buy this one. Was I right! I must have viewed 3 days worth of reviews of players and still could not make up my mind. Spending a bit more pays off. Not only does this have the look of a vintage player with CD and USB included (forget about tape, no reason for it unless you need it), but it sounds great and is really all you need. It came within 2 days with Prime and is quite a large carton packaged securely. I took it out and I had an old computer cabinet I bought at Target not being put to good use since I bought a Macbook Pro. This player actually fits nicely into the space where the computer was and I store the records below it and it even opens nicely. The wood on this thing is beautiful and the top opens and latches securely.

Now for anyone purchasing this, when you get it in place, be sure to read the glaring yellow sticker inside the record player portion since not only do you have to ensure you remove all the foam packaging holding everything in place, you have to SCREW DOWN the large screw sticking up behind the turntable. If you do not, the record will wobble and you will not be able to increase the sound. I neglected to do this and was wondering why it sounded horrible. Once this happened it is fine. However I tried to remove this fluorescent sticker from the inside and it was a mess. Be sure to either leave it or be careful tearing it off. Everything works perfectly and so far so good. I have not tried the CD player but the radio tunes in fine and sounds good not that I will ever use it. I would highly recommend this item!

UPDATE: I have now used this for a few days and although it works fine with older records, with a newly remastered vinyl record, it was skipping all over the place so I contacted customer service and evidently this is not a foreign issue and is happening across the industry which gave me peace of mind. Apparently new vinyl grooves are not deep enough and there is not enough weight on tonearms to play new vinyl smoothly. It was recommended I tape a coin on the tonearm to resolve this issue which I started with a dime but moved to a penny and it worked and resolved the issue. Electrohome customer service was actually very helpful contrary to what other reviews stated. Here is their email:

Thank you for your inquiry and we are sorry we may not have been clear in the previous email. We apologize for the issue you are experiencing. We have investigated this issue and it has been isolated to newer records and upon further review it has been determined that the cause is a difference in their manufacturing process. Newer records are manufactured with larger grooves causing the tonearm to skip as it is too light. Adding weight to the tonearm may resolve the issue of skipping during playback. Please understand that this issue is not unique to our record players and is occurring across the industry. We are actively investigating a long term solution to this situation. Please follow the steps below to resolve the issue in the interim:

- Place a coin on top of the tonearm and secure it in place with a piece of tape. Start with a dime and test the playback.
- If the skipping continues, use a penny and test playback.
- If the skipping continues, use a nickel.

The additional weight increases the tracking weight ensuring it is heavy enough to prevent skipping but still light enough to avoid damaging the record. For this reason it is important to note that you should always start with a dime and only use a heavier coin if the skipping persists with a nickel being the heaviest coin used.
Our Research & Development Team is actively working on creating a solution. We will contact you once a solution has been identified.
If these steps do not resolve your issue, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to assist you further.

Best Regards,
CWD Sales & Support

Arm & Hammer Super Scoop Clumping Litter, Unscented, 28-Pound
Arm & Hammer Super Scoop Clumping Litter, Unscented, 28-Pound
Price: $11.78
6 used & new from $11.78

2.0 out of 5 stars Item arrived damaged and tossed on the front porch leaking all over the place. Sender refused to give me refund, February 10, 2014
Arm and Hammer cat litter arrived damaged and tossed on my front porch by FedEx, leaking out all over the place from a hole in the box. Was not even packaged in any other carton. Very bad service and refused to give me a refund.

iTouchless Deodorizer Touch-Free Sensor 13-Gallon Automatic Stainless-Steel Trash Can
Price: $69.99
41 used & new from $69.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to pull out the bag and almost too sensitive, February 9, 2014
Needed to replace my old smelly garbage can and opted for this one. It is okay, set up is easy, putting bag in is tricky around border. Whenever you walk by this thing it opens and then when you want to use it, you have to wave your hand in front. Worst part is if you over fill the bag, it is the hardest to pull it out. I had to basically dump the whole bag in the outside barrel and it was a mess. The capacity this holds is not much even though its 13 gallons. I would say there are better cans out there.

Dyson DC59 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC59 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by WarehouseDeals4U
Price: $439.99
54 used & new from $415.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than expected and blows away the DC35 previous model!, January 21, 2014
Let me make it clear, I have now owned 4 different Dyson vacuums from the canister floor vacuum to the handheld to the DC35 Stick now as of yesterday this model and I am never sorry I paid a lot. Dyson stands up to its reputation and stands by each of its products and these products blow away any competitor out there period. This items is no exception. I traded in my DC35 first generation stick vacuum for this one and I cannot believe how powerful this lightweight small unit is. It sticks to the floor it is so powerful a suction and what is different than first generation is that the attachments work and keep working. The DC35 rotor on the floor attachment would stop intermitently and clog up. What Dyson has improved upon is the ease of use, the weight of the unit and increased the power to make this the most versatile cordless stick vacuum on the market. Plus, what Dyson also does is make things so easy to clean and interchange, it is impossible to clog up or break. Granted I broke the battery on my DC 35 the first year, but with a 2 year warranty Dyson shipped me out a new unit no questions asked. I love this unit and the attachments are first class from the crevice cleaner to the brush to the small upholstery cleaner, it makes the vacuum worth the high price tag. Granted this unit cost more than some of the canister models, however, if you can find a deal like I did at Best Buy yesterday (20% off), you can save a bit of $$. If you are shopping for a new stick vacuum, do not hesitate and buy this unit. You will not be sorry and your house and car will be cleaner. I could not believe how much dirt came out of one pass of what appeared to be a clean carpet! Unbelievable! Dyson you have done it again!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2014 4:30 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8