Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for David Gladshiem > Reviews

Browse

David Gladshiem's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Gladshiem RSS Feed

250GB Hard Disk Drive for Xbox 360
250GB Hard Disk Drive for Xbox 360
Offered by Howay
Price: $40.80
18 used & new from $27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked without issue, December 27, 2010
Package came in earlier than expected. Which was good for me. Packaging was minimal and I was concerned that something could have been broken in shipping. However, both drives (I ordered two) were undamaged. If you are upgrading from a smaller hard drive to a larger oneyou will need a transfer cable. Luckily, my son had one already. You do not need any software disk to complete the transfer. The software that was on the disk is now part of the XBOX 360 Operating System. The menus to complete the transfer are a little difficult to navigate but work. I've had this drive in constant use for over a week or two and have had zero trouble.

Fallout: New Vegas
Fallout: New Vegas
Offered by META Gaming
Price: $34.99
177 used & new from $1.93

1.0 out of 5 stars Could be the last straw for Bethesda, December 5, 2010
This review is from: Fallout: New Vegas (Video Game)
First of all let me start out that I loved Fallout III and played it on the PC as well as the Xbox 360 multiple times. We all know that crashes and lockups are common place with games made by Bethesda (Morrowind, Oblivion etc.) However, I found their games were much more stable on the XBox and so started playing games on the XBox instead of the PC. Unfortunately, with New Vegas I've found that all of the crashes and lockups associated with PC game play magnafied and brought to my XBox. I got to a point in the game where I could not enter the Vegas Strip without an immediate crash (repeatable). Looking on-line I found I was just one of many feeling this pain. I also couldn't help but notice that Bethesda will have an additional DLC for New Vegas before Christmas.

I wrote an email to Bethesda to tell them what I thought of the game and to ask them if a patch will be made available before the DLC is released. Response from Bethesda was "We have had some people report that this does not happen if you wear the "old cowboy hat" . You can purchase one at Mick and Ralph's or you may find one at Crimson Caravan Company." Okay, at least I received a response. But no Sorry or we are working on a patch that will be pushed or made available. Anyway, so now I a running around Vegas wearing my Old Cowboy Hat and I am able to enter the strip again. But those darn crashes that happen during battle, or moving between local maps, or even just walking around are still present. These problems should not occur, particularly playing on a console! Last night I just returned the platium coin to Mr. House and attempt to leave The Lucky 38 when... you guessed it another black screen lockup. Which will also mean that the autosave is corrupted too!

It's clear to me that little to no quality assurance was done on this game. There are times in the game that my character was caught in the terrain. Being stuck I had to reload from a previous save. This also occured during battle but who isn't going to take advantage of a Deathclaw stuck in the mountainside! I agree with others that they see little difference in the graphics of this game when compared to Fallout III. I think Bethsda tried to take the basics from Fallout III , make some tweaks, and send this out with very little Q&A. Obviously they realized that we would not pay $50 to $60 for what could have been some DLC for Fallout III. They made much more money marketing it this way. So sad that I will not be able to finish the main quest because I am tired of getting up to turn my locked up Xbox off and back on (I'm pretty sure it is not good for the system). I am going to put New Vegas on the shelf for six months or so with the main quest unfinished and hope the next time I pop it in that a patch will need to load. If I don't see one, then Bethesda will not get another bottlecap from me.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2011 3:15 AM PST