Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Iron Maiden $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Deal of the Day
Profile for NeuroSplicer > Reviews

Browse

NeuroSplicer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 714

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

NeuroSplicer RSS Feed (Freeside, in geosynchronous orbit)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
iHomeSet® Motion Sensor Closet Lights - 10 LED / Battery Operated / Auto Infrared / PIR IR Sensing / Stick On Under Cabinet Lighting - Super Bright Step, Shaking Sensor Wireless Night Light Bar - 1-Year Warranty
Offered by EM Store
Price: $16.99
3 used & new from $10.76

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Little Light that Could, August 19, 2015
Everyone who has designed a new house will know what I am talking about: decision fatigue. So many things have to thought out and considered that, in the end, some points will be overlooked. Hopefully, they will only cause minor issues and not major ones. This was a solution to something I failed to anticipate in time.

I have a two door closet in a corridor, each door 22 inch (56cm) wide. On the right one I keep small household appliances (the vacuum cleaner, the ironing board and the ironing paraphernalia as well as clean dusting and polishing products) whilst on the left I keep jackets and the clothes I have already worn for a day yet are not yet in need of laundry. There is a light fixture just outside this closet, yet, this being a corridor, the switch for it is not nearby. Enter the iHome Set-Motion Sensor Closet Lights.

I accepted this for reviewing purposes and I have to admit that at first I found it a bit smaller than expected. It installed easily enough, although I did tape a soft (easily removable) tape directly on the wood before adding the adhesive tape provided. The required 4 AAA batteries are not included and, lacking an ON/OFF switch, I was then apprehensive that it would drain the batteries too fast. Nevertheless, the sensor works fine, turning the LED lights off 5 seconds after closing the door (in case you want to reopen it immediately, I guess). I was pleasantly surprised how effective yet pleasant this light was. It was the perfect solution for my oversight.

Recommended!

DBPOWER 5-in-1 Digital Tire Pressure Gauge With Multi Emergency Tool-Window Breaker, Seatbelt Cutter and Flashlight for Automotive (Tools 5 in 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lifesaving Mutlitool for Your Car, August 15, 2015
This is a very handy tool to have in your car, preferably in the driver's door storage compartment. I accepted the offer of a free sample for reviewing purposes and it proved to be not only useful, but potentially life-saving as well.

TIRE PRESSURE MEASURING: Easy to use, accurate and able to present the tire air pressure in PSI, BAR, KPA or KGF/CM2. The measurement is projected in back-lit large digits which are easy to read.
FLASHLIGHT: A medium-strength white-light LED flashlight that may come in handy to find something dropped or to walk safely to your car in an underground parking. The beam is quite narrow at its strongest but it will work for most purposes.
EMERGENCY LIGHT: A red LED you can use to signal or warn incoming traffic.
SEAT-BELT CUTTER: Pray that you never have to use it but it gives you a peace of mind to know that you have it availaible.
EMERGENCY GLASS BREAKER: I did not test this but it feels sturdy and capable enough to be effective. A great thing to have at an easy reach.

It requires 2 AAA batteries that are not included.

All in all, this DBPOWER 5-in-1 Multitool is a must have in your car.

Shatterproof Glass Water Bottle - 16oz - Flip Cap Sports Water Bottle - Black
Shatterproof Glass Water Bottle - 16oz - Flip Cap Sports Water Bottle - Black
Offered by Glasstic Bottle Co
Price: $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Shatterproof Glass Water Bottle to Carry Around, August 12, 2015
For some time I have been wary of the phthalates and Bisphenol A (BPA) coming off into the water carried in plastic bottles. Moreover, I only drink spring water at home whereas, on the road, most bottled water is basically filtered tap-water, with all the chemical rainbow this comes with, including fluoride, chlorine, arsenic, aluminum, disinfection byproducts and (in agricultural areas) possible the best of Monstanto sipping down to the aquifer and snaking through the taps.

Carrying a glass water with me has been a cumbersome and perilous exercise because, well, glass tends to brake when dropped. So, when I was offered this shattereproof glass water bottle for reviewing purposes, I jumped at the chance.And what a brilliant product this is!

It has an inner glass container that hold about 0.5L (16oz) of liquid, enclosed in a clear plastic shell that will protect it from braking while your water is kept in glass. The cap locks in place when closed (and stays there even when carried around all day) and can be easily removed if needed to pour into a glass. As does the entire bottle: everything comes apart and is a breeze to wash (yes, dishwasher safe).

In the unexpected case that catastrophe strikes, the fall is too much for the glass container to handle and it cracks, the company offers FREE replacements. Now THAT is a company that stands behind its product!

Recommended!

Digital Waterproof Wireless Doorbell with 2 Remote Control Receiver and 1 Doorbell Button Operating at 328ft Range Synchronize Door Bell Chime System for Home Security

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Multiple Floors Communication Solution, August 11, 2015
I received this for reviewing purposes and installed it in my brother's house that has a basement, a ground and a first floor.
All pieces installed like a breeze, they work as expected and there are several chimes to choose from.

My sister-in-law thanked me for finally being able to call everyone to dinner from their rooms at the same time. The kids know to come down to the living room when they hear the ring and see the flashing LEDs on the receivers - and my brothers knows that the second bell means its time for him to leave his home office and come to the family table.

Recommended

Panasonic D-dock CD stereo system SC-PM02-S Silver
Panasonic D-dock CD stereo system SC-PM02-S Silver
12 used & new from $181.42

5.0 out of 5 stars THE PERFECT COMPACT-STEREO, August 3, 2015
I wanted a compact stereo system for my kitchen and this Panasonic PM02 was the perfect find. I knew exactly what I was looking for: it had to be small enough not to protrude out of the corner shelf; its had to be frontally loaded not to take up too much vertical space; it had to have removable speakers in order to place them on top of my cabinets (I had to extend the cables, the original ones are only 5ft (1.5m) long; it had to be able to reproduce both CDs and mp3s and also have an AΜ/FM radio; and it had to be in silver to match the brushed steel of my other appliances. This compact marvel check-marked every single requirement.

The sound may not be of ..BOSE quality but it is much richer and far more powerful that one would expect from 10W speakers. It has four sound settings (Vocal, Soft, Clear, Heavy), the screen is blue-on-black and easy to read and its remote is a breeze to use. Pair it with a narrow-profile USB with your mp3s and you are good to go.

RECOMMENDED!

Mpow® Knight Pro Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Headset Headphone with In-car Charging Dock Support Voice Command Multi-point Technology for Iphone 6, 6 Plus, 5s 5c 5 4s, Galaxy Note 3 2 S4 S3 HTC One and Other Cellphones
Offered by Patozon
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect SmartPhone Companion for Driving, August 3, 2015
I would never wear a wireless Bluetooth ear/mouth-set while walking about, because I am not 16 years old and should know better. However, using one while driving is not only convenient but also safer. So, when I received this for reviewing purposes, I knew it was something I would use. Not only did it deliver, but it came with a welcome surprise.

The set works perfectly: easy to pair with both my smartphones (an Android and a NOKIA Lumia), it sits secure on my ear (just select the correct size of ear-bud and antihelix-stabilizer), a breeze to charge either at home or on the go (you can use the also rechargeable base, otherwise you will need a car adapter, and I happened to have one). It keeps me for almost a week before in need of recharging.

The sound is crisp and the microphone picks up your voice and not the background noise. You could also use it for music, besides talking on the phone, but I would not advise it as this is a single earphone, so no stereo sound is possible.

What I particularly appreciated, as I am using this while driving, was the voice confirmations. No need to look at a screen, which makes this the perfect SmartPhone companion for driving.

Recommended.

#1 (1 Pair) Best Plantar Fasciitis Foot Sleeves Ankle Graduated Compression Sleeves Brace Plantar Sock for Men & Women, Reduce Ankle Swelling, Ankle Spur, Improves Blood Circulation for Fast Recovery, Optimal Support for Muscle Endurance - Heel Arch Support/ Ankle Compression Socks
Offered by Rikedom Unlimited
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for both Support and Accelerated Recovery, July 19, 2015
I try to make the time to power-walk 5-6 ml (8-10 Km) every weekday afternoon; however, even with the proper walking shoes, I have to concede that I am no longer ...20 years old. So, after some weeks I felt a pain at the bottom of my foot, between my heel and my metatarsals that the doctor recommended rest for. Now, usually Plantar Fasciitis may take up to six months to fully recover but I did not want to wait so long. I received these specialized Foot Sleeves for reviewing purposes and I have to admit that they are working beautifully and my recovery time has been greatly reduced. Now I wear them every time I go walking and the problem has not bothered my again.

Not only are they made from very durable material but it will not shrink and it refuses to fray. Just make sure to use the size guide to find the proper size because the correct fit is going to make a difference. I prefer my athletic gear, if not in total black then, monochromatic and these are close enough; even if one wears them under the athletic socks. This was the second sports support gear I have tried from Rikedom Sports and I have to admit that I am impressed.

Recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2015 10:12 AM PDT

# Graduated Compression Calf Sleeves Guard Socks (1 Pair), Relief Prevent Shin Splints, Calf Strain, Boost Circulation, Faster Recovery Leg Sleeves Support or Men and Women, Protection for Running, Walking, Cycling, Crossfit, Basketball, Training, Maternity, Travel, Guaranteed
Offered by Rikedom Unlimited
Price: $49.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Gradual Compression. Effective Support. Fast Relief., July 8, 2015
I received these Compression Calf Sleeves for reviewing purposes and I have to admit that they are working beautifully.
I try to make the time to power-walk 5-6 ml (8-10 Km) every weekday afternoon and even with the proper walking shoes, I had to miss a day almost every week for my calves to recover. Wearing these not only allows me to complete my walks faster (lactic acid, the cause of fatigue, gets dispersed more efficiently with the proper compression) but also allow for faster recovery afterwards.

Yet their uses are not limited to power-walking. I have used them while sitting for hours at my office chair as well as while traveling by plane and I realized that there was significant less position fatigue, as the gradual compression of the calves helps the blood circulation up the legs.

Not only are they made from very durable material but it will not shrink and it refuses to fray. Just make sure to use the calf-circumference guide to find the proper size because the correct fit is going to make a difference. My only complaint is the arrow-patters coloring: I prefer my athletic gear, if not in total black then, monochromatic. Other that this, an excellent product. If they did such a great job for my calves, I can only imagine how effective their Plantar Fasciitis foot sleeves will be!

Recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2015 12:51 AM PDT

Mpow Swift Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Headphones Sweatproof Running Gym Exercise Bluetooth Stereo Earbuds Earphones Car Hands-free Calling Headsets with Microphone and High-fidelity Stereo Sound via apt-X for iPhone 6 6 plus 5S 4S Galaxy S6 S5 and iOS android Smartphones (Cool Black)
Offered by Patozon

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth Headphones of Great Perfrormance & Value!, June 8, 2015
When I bought my WP NOKIA 800 I also bought the original NOKIA CoLoud headphones to be able to listen to music while taking my daily walks. Because they were flat they would not tangle but they did keep falling off my ears. And, contrary to the promise made in their name, they were far from loud. NOKIA sure knew how to make phones; earphones, not so much.

So, when I was offered these sport Bluetooth headphones to review, they were something I needed but I tried to keep my expectations low. Did they surpass them though!

FIT : it takes some finagling to understand how they are to be inserted and secured in your ears (and make sure to try all the supplied sizes for both ear-canal seal and antihelix-stabilizer); but once you do they stay there! No wind or jogging manages to knock them off. And the safety neck-cable will let you remove them and they will stay around your neck.

SOUND : the true test of any headphones and one these MPow SHIFTs pass with flying colors! Crystal clear and crisp sound with volume to spare. The latter was especially appreciated since the NOKIA 800s have a known low volume issue after the later WP 7.8 update. An issue that gets corrected by adjusting the volume of these brilliant headphones up.

CONNECTIVITY : turn on the headphones, turn on Bluetooth on my phone and they get immediately recognized and paired in a second. Every single time.

PHONE COMPATIBILITY : an incoming phone call can be easily answered without taking my phone out of my pocket as the built-in microphone works exceptionally well, even on windy days.

CHARGE : the headphones come with a regular/micro USB cable that will deliver a full charge in less than 20 minutes. It says 2 hours in the boxed instructions but the light turns from red to blue in far less than that.

DURATION : for such short a charging time, I manage to get a full week of 1-hour walks, probably 5-6 hours in total.

All in all, a great pair of earphones (compatible not only with my Android phone but with NOKIA Lumias as well). Faultless sound, secure fit and no-hassles technology that works.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

The Witcher 2 Assassins Of Kings Premium Edition
The Witcher 2 Assassins Of Kings Premium Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars REGICIDE!, May 24, 2015
In 2007 a small Eastern European game developer (CD PROJEKT)...teaches BIOWARE how to use their own Aurora engine. The original Witcher was the game that Neverwinter Nights had promised to be. Two years later BIOWARE picks up the glove and comes back with a strong response, the masterpiece Dragon Age: Origins. Unfortunately, its 2011 sequel does not live up to expectations. And this is all the opening the perfect sequel needed to come in and, once more, steal the show.

THIS IS HOW TO MAKE A cRPG SEQUEL!
Although there may be Xbox and PS3 versions of this game later on, this is a game designed from start to finish for the PC. In an age when 5-6 years old consoles set the standard this is very important. From the brand new engine to the very last script line, everything that could be worked on was and everything that could be improved shows improvement. The story is now even deeper; the graphics are several notches higher; character development has been both streamlined and more balanced; equipping Geralt is now more detailed whereas loot is abundant.
It is possible (although not necessary) to import your character from the first WITCHER. If, like me, you liked the original game, you will simply love the sequel.

LOOK AT THE SKY: IT IS THE WITCHING HOUR - EVERY HOUR!
The graphics are simply A-MA-ZING! I like the way the rock formations catch the moving shadows and how the wind stirs up dust. I like the subtle movement of the grass and the exploding colors of the wild flowers. I like the textures of the clothes, the shine of the armor and the glint of the swords. I like the way the sun gets in your eyes and the way rays of light play with the tree foliage.
What is also important, these graphics and dynamic lighting are achieved even on medium-built systems (Minimum specs: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz/AMD 2.5GHz, nVidia 8800/ATI 3850, 1GB of RAM for WinXP/ 2GB for WinVISTA&7).
Even more impressively, the game is set in a day/night cycle, and this is reflected not only on the levels of ambient light but also on the activities of the surrounding world.

THE WORLD AROUND YOU COMES TRULY ALIVE
Remember how in most RolePlaying games approaching a Non-Playing Character (NPC) usually means he or she would utter any one of a small number of preset phrases? After a while, you have heard them all and it got very predictable. Well, prepare to be surprised. Again and again.
This is a world you will truly be immersed into. A world that wakes up, goes to work, gossips, bickers and barters, and unwinds in the tavern. Walk the same streets at night and they are eerily empty. And that is without taking into account the ever changing weather!
The immersion is so total for yet two other reasons: not only is the world fully open from the very beginning (no blocked areas or closed bridges!) but there are no loading delays between areas (only between chapters).

THE LIFE OF A WITCHER IS NEVER BORING
Geralt is a real warlock, combining a mix of sword fighting with potions and spells. These are the three main character developing trees, Swordmaster, Alchemist or Mage. Sword moves, potion ingredients and spells can be combined - and all choices are meticulously balanced.
With the original WITCHER it took me a while to master the timed sword-strokes - but it was really satisfying after that. In the sequel, sword-fighting has been simplified to the classic mod - and that is one of the gripes I have with this game. The other is the short dialogue options. I like my cRPGs wordy.
Now, the story is far from being linear. Choices matter and choosing a path will bifurcate the story, most of the times irrevocably. And the story in WITCHER 2 is as important as the fighting.
What I also appreciated was the return of consequences. Those of you who have played BALDUR's GATE Saga know that bashing or picking the lock of a chest was a punishable offense if anyone saw you. In contrast, in DA-O you could rob the town blind and (quite unrealistically) the NPCs could not care less. Well, in this game, your character better behave or face the ever vigilant guards.

ADJUST TO YOUR ACCEPTABLE LEVEL OF BINDING
Most retail versions of the game come with a simple disc-check, implemented by SecuROM. If you own FALLOUT 3, for example, you have experienced the same thing. Compared to the customer-abusing schemes out there (UBISOFT's and 2K GAMES' ears should be burning at this point) this was already benign.
However, because there had been problems with the activation of the game, CD PROJEKT patched out the DRM and now the game is (wait for it...) DRM FREE! And it gets even better: if you rather have a digital rather than a retail version of the game, the developers made sure to also release a GOG version of the game which is also DRM-free. Only the STEAM version has DRM.
Just for listening to its customers and doing this CD PROJEKT earned a permanent place of honor in gaming history.

A FINAL SPELL
I have only praises for this magnificent sequel to a great game. It was one of the rare cases when I pre-ordered a game before I knew anything about it and was rewarded with a game that exceeded my highest expectations. I do have some advice for the game developers though.
First, keep showing the same respect to your customers and you will see that gamers know how to repay this with equal respect and loyalty. And finally, when the mega-publishers show up at your door with their mesmerizing bags of money, try to remember what happened to so many great game developing groups in the past that did not resist to temptation.

The game will get a complete overhaul in April when the Enhanced edition will be released. However, because CD PROJEKT is a gamer's company (and not some greedy multinational), as owners of the original edition we will be able to download the Enhanced edition Patch from the official website - for free. As are all the DLCs by the way!

WITH MY HIGHEST RECOMMENDATIONS!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20