Profile for Ava M. Myers > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ava M. Myers "Ava" RSS Feed (New York City, NY, USA)

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred
Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred
DVD ~ Jillian Michaels
Price: $8.66
42 used & new from $3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself some money, and time..., August 31, 2013
There is simply nothing negative to say about this DVD. There are a lot of dieting/exercise plans that you can invest in (and some that I fell for) that promise quick results (after you spend a pretty penny), but they're not very sustainable. I love that for under $10 (plus another $15 for some 5lb hand weights) I found something that I enjoy, is sustainable, and inexpensive. I just finished my 14th day (nonstop) on this DVD. Prior to this, I was running (something I HATE to do) to try to lose some weight. I'm 5'1" and couldn't bring myself under 150 (I really should be closer to 115 for my height). I had a gym membership, went to classes, spent money on B12 injections and saw a weight loss doctor (long story short... a hack who insisted that I needed to starve myself). Money I'll never get back. It was frustrating to feel like that money, time, and effort were for naught. There was no change in the scale and no change in my body.

Two weeks ago, I bought 30 Day Shred. I've lost about 4 lbs (I think... the water weight flux is always confusing), but even without a single pound of weight loss considered, I've DRASTICALLY changed the way I look in the mirror. My once-painfully tight clothing (I refused to shop for more fat clothes, part of my self-motivation), is now loose. I can wear clothes that were shoved into the back of the closet more than a year ago. Let me tell you, I'm PANTING during this workout. I've never had more than a little bit of sweat beading on my face and chest. I'm dripping sweat by the end of the workout and I usually wait about a half an hour for my body to cool down before showering (otherwise, I'll get out of the shower and still be sweating while I'm getting dressed-- eww.)

What I love, is that yes, it's really hard, but it's also only 20 minutes. By the time your brain and your muscles are telling you they can't handle it anymore, you're on your last set... and you can't let yourself stop when you can see the finish line. I've really surprised myself and I can honestly say that I'm very proud of my results so far. I can't wait to see where I'll be in another two weeks.

I plan on buying the Ripped in 30 DVD after I finish the 30 Day Shred. This is going to be my new 'go to' daily workout. This is part of my routine now. I allow myself some treats once in a while, but my primary food source comes from leafy greans and lean protein. I'm saving money by buying less processed foods, and I'm finding that I'm also less tempted by the not-so-healthy options. It simply doesn't fit with my lifestyle anymore... it's counterproductive to the work I've been doing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2013 8:59 PM PDT

Uncle Milton - Rainbow In My Room
Uncle Milton - Rainbow In My Room
Offered by Tom's Toys Beverly Hills
Price: $18.39
46 used & new from $14.75

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, January 19, 2008
I bought this for my daughter for Christmas... less than one month, and at least 3 battery changes later, the rainbow is not much more than a faint streak of light in her room. When I initially bought it, the colors were vibrant, and we were very happy with the light that it produced. Now, my daughter is back to wanting other sources of light in her room as this rainbow is hardly visible, even with new batteries. Certainly not worth the money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2011 5:56 AM PST