Profile for Joe G. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joe G. RSS Feed (Michigan)

Page: 1 | 2
Aleratec 1:1 HDD Copy Dock USB 3.0 Hard Drive (350123)
Aleratec 1:1 HDD Copy Dock USB 3.0 Hard Drive (350123)
Price: $89.99
43 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works flawlessly as described, March 22, 2013
I needed to clone a 160GB 3.5" SATA drive from my Dell Desktop. It was about ready to die based on a couple of failed start-up attempts and an unusual clicking sound when it was running. I bought this duplicator dock and a new 160GB HDD. The cloning operation could not have gone any smoother. Put the new HDD in the "Target" slot and the original HDD in the "Source" slot. Followed the simple instructions that came with the duplicator and 50 minutes later I had a perfectly cloned HDD. I have a few tips based on some reading before I actually powered up the unit. (1) If possible, run this off a Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) to avoid any grief in case you experienced power interruption during the process, (2) place a fan in front of the unit to keep the HDDs cool, and (3) after you press and hold the duplicate button you'll hear a long beep - release the button when you hear the beep. On the first attempt I waited until the beep went away and then released the button - the cloning process did not start. On my next attempt I released the button as soon as I heard the beep and everything went perfectly. This device is an awesome time saver vs. cloning disks using SW and a serial port.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2013 12:31 PM PDT

34.75" Refrigerator Freezer
34.75" Refrigerator Freezer
Offered by Focus Electronics & Appliances
Price: $960.03
2 used & new from $922.78

3.0 out of 5 stars First Impression, August 10, 2012
My first impression after removing the unit from the carton was "Wow!" - I can't believe I paid nearly $900 for this! I'll have to wait to evaluate the performance but the assembly (Mexico) and exterior are sub-standard for a $900 refrigerator. The door is not aligned well with the cabinet. The rails on the door shelves are cheap, flimsy plastic. Three screws on the rear that hold a metal cover plate were stripped due to being over-driven and had to be replaced. The tape that held the door for shipping left a white sticky residue on the cabinet that had to be cleaned with paint thinner. SUMMIT sure gets a lot of money for a fairly average compact refrigerator.

MinnKota MK-2-DC Dual Bank DC Alternator Charger
MinnKota MK-2-DC Dual Bank DC Alternator Charger
Price: $104.24
22 used & new from $90.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, August 10, 2012
I installed this in my boat which has two 12 volt trolling motor batteries. I don't have access to 120 volt AC shore power and I did not want to keep removing the batteries to charge them. This unit works off the outboard alternator and has been working great. Whenever the outboard is running it charges the two trolling motor batteries at 10 amps each. It is easy to install and keeps the batteries charged hassle free.

Wm Barr FG80FC Cedar Hanging Moisture Absorber
Wm Barr FG80FC Cedar Hanging Moisture Absorber

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great in our cottage, August 10, 2012
I've been using this product for years in our cottage. I hang them in closets and the bathroom to reduce humidity which in turn limits any mold or mildew growth. They are simple and effective. (TIP: If you are fighting mold and mildew remember to allow sunlight into the rooms if possible. Darkness AND humidity promote the mold and mildew growth.)

Lindy Drift Control Magnum Series Drift Sock, 40-Inch
Lindy Drift Control Magnum Series Drift Sock, 40-Inch
Price: $74.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design and durability, August 9, 2012
I bought two of these to use for trolling. This sock is very well built - thick strong material and straps sewn on the entire length. I've used cheaper socks and had them tear pretty quick. I believe this one is the most durable one made. I like the built in float and sinker - they make the sock deploy quickly and keep it from rotating.

I bought these to slow down my 150 HP outboard for trolling. I have an 18' LUND with a 150 HP Evinrude ETEC outboard. Without the socks the boat will move 2.9 to 3.0 MPH at idle speed in calm water. With two socks deployed off the bow eye (one on each side) the boat slows down to 1.3 to 1.5 MPH.

Navionics HotMaps Premium Canada Two-Dimensional Lake Maps on SD Card
Navionics HotMaps Premium Canada Two-Dimensional Lake Maps on SD Card
Price: $134.99
50 used & new from $134.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely limited lake list, July 22, 2012
I suppose that if you realize Navionics is offering the entire country of Canada on one chip there are not going to be many lakes on it. I purchased this card hoping it would at least have the "body of water outline" of the lake I fish for use with my GPS. (I knew the contour map was not included.) Unfortunately it had only miles of blank yellow space in the region I fish. Much to my surprise and delight, Amazon allowed me to return this item for a full refund.

Berkley Twist Lok Rod Rack
Berkley Twist Lok Rod Rack
Offered by JJSPORTSFISHING
Price: $15.99
3 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rod holder!, July 22, 2012
I've purchased at least 6 different rod holders over the years for my fishing boat. Each one had drawbacks for various reasons: too loose, too tight, poor rod spacing, etc. This one works great. Rods are easy to load and stay snugly in the holder. The twist lock makes sure the rod stays put while trailering or when in rough water. Easy to install.

LakeMaster HPMIC2 Electronic Chart Michigan
LakeMaster HPMIC2 Electronic Chart Michigan

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, July 22, 2012
I purchased this card for detail on the Great Lakes, specifically Lake Huron and the Detroit River. So far I have found the detail to be excellent; much better than the Navionics Michigan card. I use it with a Humminbird 898 and this card has some very nice "depth coloring" features. Only downside for me is that it does not include a contour map for my "home" lake in Iosco County (but I knew this when I purchsed it). So I need to keep my Navionics card plugged in as well for the inland lake I fish. Check the "lake list" before you buy to see if your favorite lake(s) are included.

Lindy Fishermans Series Drift Sock
Lindy Fishermans Series Drift Sock
Price: $21.66 - $101.04

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the strongest drift sock available, July 22, 2012
This is probably an OK drift sock for just DRIFTING. However, if you use drift socks to slow your boat down for trolling you'll need something stronger. We use two socks off the bow (one port, one starboard) to slow down a 150 HP. First time out using this sock the threads holding all the one inch webbing together tore loose and there were tears in the vinyl where the webbing was sewn. For this kind of use I'd recommend the Lindy Magnum Series; they are built to be much more durable.

Brunton Solar Controller 12-Volt Battery Charge Monitor
Brunton Solar Controller 12-Volt Battery Charge Monitor
Price: $30.23
32 used & new from $27.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, June 26, 2008
This review is from: Brunton Solar Controller (Sports)
I use this controller with a 15 watt Brunton Solar Flat panel on a boat hoist that uses a 12V DC motor for the winch. The 12v battery remained charged throughout last summer with no "over charging". The controller is easy to install and provides an indication of "charging" or "charged". Amazon has a good price for this item.

Page: 1 | 2