Profile for Richard Orpen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Richard Orpen RSS Feed (Minnesota)

Bosch [HD]
Bosch [HD]
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, February 28, 2015
This review is from: Bosch [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
I watched the entire first season in two days. I just happened to be laid up from back surgery and this was the perfect way to pass the time.

The show seems more true to actual police work than most other shows. That being said Bosch does seem super hero movie starish at times.

I know nothing of how LAPD operates but I imagine it is very close to how it is portrayed in Bosch. I look forward to seeing how the behind the scenes scheming plays out in future seasons.

All in all an entertaining show.

Alison Scotts a Soulful Christmas
Alison Scotts a Soulful Christmas
Price: $14.85
9 used & new from $8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!!, December 27, 2013
If there wasn't a holiday music genre this would be a great album on its own merits. The original songs are some of my favorites and the way she sings the traditional songs will make you think she is the only person to have ever sung them. My most played christmas album this year. I backed this album from kickstarter and I glad I did.

Breville BCG800XL Smart Grinder
Breville BCG800XL Smart Grinder
Offered by Empire Depot
Price: $195.95
29 used & new from $164.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all around grinder!, June 13, 2011
For the past few years I have been using a "faux burr" grinder with mixed results. I didn't know how good a grinder could be until I tried this one for the first time.

I usually make espresso with a Gaggia Classic. My old grinder was hit or miss on the same grind setting. So Far with the Smart Grinder I have been able to get it dialed in on the second finest setting. Having the portafilter holders is such a nice feature; they help reduce the mess and the wasted coffee. I haven't needed to use the shim kit to adjust the burrs at all but I ordered them from Breville to help "future proof" my grinder for when I upgrade my espresso maker.

I have used this for french press also and it worked great. It grinds so uniformly that I had little to no coffee grounds in my cup. My old grinder would leave a mess of coffee at the bottom of my cup when I used the french press.

I don't drink drip coffee but if it works so good for French Press and espresso then I would imagine it would be great for drip coffee too.

This grinder helps make the process of making coffee just that much more enjoyable. I would recommend this product to anyone.

There are two great videos on youtube that helped me decide that this was the grinder for me.

Disney Princess Encyclopedia
Disney Princess Encyclopedia
by Jo Casey
31 used & new from $0.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent book., February 18, 2011
I bought this for a 2 1/2 year old that is just in love with everything and anything to do with Disney princesses. She likes this book a lot. We read this book almost every night.

There are a few things that bother me the more and more we read this book. Each chapter starts with the complete synopsis of the movie the princess was from. Then the following pages talk about specific characters in the book. The organization of the pages in each chapter is very choppy and some times don't make much sense. Some of the descriptions of the characters are very redundant. It also seems that the newer the princess the fewer pages that are devoted to them.

None of the things I dislike about this book really matter much though. It gets me some good quality reading time with my 2 1/2 year old.

Princess Bedtime Stories (Storybook Collection)
Princess Bedtime Stories (Storybook Collection)
by Disney Book Group
Price: $12.16
152 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2 1/2 year old loves this., January 13, 2011
My 2 1/2 year old is in love with Disney princesses. The stories are longer than we are used to but she doesn't care. I think this is a great book to help transition to books with fewer and fewer pictures. I don't even mind reading this book like some of the books geared towards kids.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for a non-dancer., January 13, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I don't dance. I dance at weddings and that is about it. When my wife got this game I didn't think I would even play it. She had me try it and now I am hooked. There are a few things that I really like about this game.
1. I am competitive and competing with my wife is fun.
2. It is fun to do the dances as an exercise because its different than anything I've done before.
3. The game will teach you how to do every move and you can even slow the moves way down and practice until you know how to do it.

The dancers on the screen do not represent what you are doing; instead they are showing you what to do. If you are doing the dance right then all is fine. If you are doing it wrong then the dancer on screen will turn red in the area that you are messing up.

Netgear N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router (DGN2200)
Netgear N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router (DGN2200)
Price: $69.99
95 used & new from $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Faster than my G router, January 13, 2011
I bought this for the main purpose of streaming movies and playing games online. It was to replace a 2 year old G modem/router that worked fine (I just wanted a faster one).
Hooking it up was pretty simple and using my laptop with an 802.11n card it was lightning fast. I haven't seen a laptop just fly from website to website like it did using this router. That being said there are a few things that I didn't like about this and actually caused me to return it and go back to my old modem/router.

1. My PS3 only has uses 802.11G.
2. My xBox 360 needed wpa2 enccryption in order to to advantage of its internal wifi n card.
3. The wpa2 encryption seemed to really slow down the connection I had with my PS3.
4. No matter what I did I couldn't get this to maintain a connection. With my old router I had never been kicked off a game but this did it almost every 5 minutes.

LG 46LD550 46-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Internet Applications
LG 46LD550 46-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Internet Applications

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV for a very reasonable price., January 13, 2011
This tv has a great picture. Blu rays look amazing and what suprised me was that regular dvd's look as if they are blu rays. Some of my daughters Disney movie have a 3D like effect to them and they look great. Everything I have watched on it look great. My video games (both ps3 and xbox360) look great with a few tweaks to the Game setting. The internet apps are little clunky and slow but I didn't buy this tv for that anyways and since I have the game systems most of the apps are just redundant. Comparable tv's from other brands when I was looking all seemed to cost more. I got this from one of those large wholesale retailers. The savings I got from that store more than paid for the membership to the store.

The only thing I didn't like about this tv was that I needed to buy a new hdmi cable for my PS3 becasue the one that came with it caused the screen on the tv to flicker. New hdmi cable solved that problem.

Motorola S9-HD Bluetooth MOTOROKR/MOTOACTIV Stereo Headset (Gloss Black) [Retail Packaging]
4 used & new from $60.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great sometimes...., December 26, 2010
I go these because my wife wanted to listen to movies and Netflix from our PS3. Couldn't get it to work for that. I then paired it with my Droid and it works great, sometimes. At times the sound is great but at other times while running or exercising the sound skips and it gets very annoying very quickly.