Profile for Christopher B. Baker > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christopher B. Baker RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA United States)

Libbey Craft Brews 16.6-Ounce Clear Belgian Ale Glass Set, 4-Piece
Libbey Craft Brews 16.6-Ounce Clear Belgian Ale Glass Set, 4-Piece
Offered by The Houseware Shoppe
Price: $16.19
7 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great way to improve your beer-drinking experience, August 11, 2013
My friend suggested getting tulip glasses for beer, and these were cheap enough to convince me to give it a shot. They're awesome.

My wife made fun of me at first, but she uses them now herself, so I guess she likes them, too.

My daughter accidentally knocked one off a waist-high railing onto a hardwood floor, so I'd say they're pretty much indestructible, unless you're taking a hammer to them.

Anyway, they're not going to make your beer taste any better, but they really do improve the overall experience.

GTMax Black 3.5mm FM Transmitter Car Charger for HTC EVO Shift 6100 4G, ThunderBolt, EVO 3D, Sensation, Inspire 4G, EVO 4G, MyTouch 4G 3G Slide, Droid Incredible 2
Offered by CommonByte
Price: $12.71
3 used & new from $11.23

4.0 out of 5 stars great value for the price, October 7, 2012
I think I paid around $15 for this, which is appropriate. I want to listen to audiobooks on my phone in the car, primarily, and listen to pandora also, if possible. The sound quality is not great, but it's pretty good for the price. It's more than good enough for audiobooks, and it's good for pandora, too, if there's no interference near by. It's also nice that my phone gets recharged while I'm driving, since it does tend to go through batteries.

Anyway, it's an awesome, low-end, solution, as long as you keep your expectations in check.

Robot Builder's Bonanza, 4th Edition
Robot Builder's Bonanza, 4th Edition
by Gordon McComb
Price: $17.61
68 used & new from $8.57

4.0 out of 5 stars great guide for aspiring roboticists and do-it-yourselfers, October 7, 2012
I always wanted to build stuff like this as a kid, but didn't know how to get started. 20+ years later, there's tons of information out there on the web, but it's very difficult to collect the wide variety of information that's needed to build robots. I got this book from the library, and, after about two months, when they wouldn't let me renew it anymore, I decided to buy it. Good decision. It's more focused on building stuff than on programming stuff, but I'm a good programmer and lousy builder, so it's a good choice for me.

Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games
Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games
by The LEAD Project
Price: $14.47
101 used & new from $10.47

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent introduction to programming for kids, October 7, 2012
I had played with scratch with my daughter before, but, while she liked it, she never really found it compelling. Now that she's more comfortable reading on her own, I thought I'd buy this book, leave it out, and see how long it took her to find it. Less than an hour, as it turns out. She read the comic book parts through completely in one sitting, and we've been working through the projects for the last couple of weekends. She loves it, and it's a great opportunity for us to spend time together.

Zhu Zhu Pet Hamster Deluxe Accessories:  Baby Hamster Stroller
Zhu Zhu Pet Hamster Deluxe Accessories: Baby Hamster Stroller
Offered by ivys
Price: $9.98
39 used & new from $4.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loved it, September 25, 2010
Please be aware that it does NOT come with babies. You have to buy them separately. This was $10 at Target, so you might want to look there first. Anyway, it's cute, and my daughter loved it. Just make sure you understand what you're getting.