Profile for J. Ziegler > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Ziegler "Behealthy" RSS Feed (The Intermountain West)

Page: 1 | 2
50 Ways to a Healthy Heart (Thorsons Directions for Life)
50 Ways to a Healthy Heart (Thorsons Directions for Life)
by Christiaan Barnard
63 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Advice on Health I've Read..., January 20, 2008
Bernard certainly can cash in on his success as a cardiac surgeon. He can also help us all step back and take a look at our diet and lifestyle. This book has been the best I have read so far on over all health/heart health. Any book on "diets" make fantastic claims...Christiaan Bernard cools the jets on these approaches, tells people not to go on diets, but to simply eat less. He also tells us to enjoy life and all it has to offer, including food. "A burger won't kill you..." and "There are no such things as a bad food, just too much of certain foods..." (paraphrases)is a new look at food in today's panic stricken approach to eating. I believe he also quipped (paraphrase)- "People do more to harm their health when the worry about what they eat than if they just eat..."

He adds exercise, good stress, and no smoking to the list to heart improvement.

This is an excellent book, well written and in alanguage anyone can unserstand. It addresses many of us who have punished ourselves over the years, dieting for fat loss or heart health, and let's us know just to relax, eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, and well balanced diet.

An Unfinished Life
An Unfinished Life
DVD ~ Jennifer Lopez
Offered by Phase 3, LLC
Price: $12.40
111 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Redford and Freeman make a pair..., December 9, 2007
This review is from: An Unfinished Life (DVD)
"An Unfinished Life" was an excellent surprise that I watched on satellite for the first time recently. When it was first released, and I saw Jennifer Lopez was starring in it, I immediately dismissed it. Her role is diminished by the other actors involved.

Robert Redford and Morgan Freeman build an on screen performance that is excellent and very worthy to be remembered.

Robert Redford and Morgan Freeman (Along with Clint Eastwood and Paul Newman) might be the last "great" movie stars from a past generation. In this movie they give incredible performances.

Becca Gardner also adds to the film as she "wins over" Redford and Freeman on Redford's ranch.

The filmography is beautiful and memorable.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars For the more mature male..., September 5, 2007
I have been a Men's Health reader for many years. I also read Esquire and GQ regularly. Best Life is a "mellow-er" version of these magazines in a well published package.

There are health and relationship sections, money management, investment suggestions, travel tips, cuisine, social issues, etc.

The articles are informative and concise.

I think it is worth the price of the year subscription.

The Russian Kettlebell Challenge: Xtreme Fitness for Hard Living Comrades
The Russian Kettlebell Challenge: Xtreme Fitness for Hard Living Comrades
by Pavel Tsatsouline
Price: $25.80
76 used & new from $4.12

5.0 out of 5 stars One book is all you need..., August 29, 2007
I bought this book two years ago and have been using kettlebells since then.

This book gives the "basics" of kettlebell training, the presses and the "explosive" movements: snatch and clean and jerk.

These exercises are simple, but effective. The book does do a good job of explaning them.

Using the exercises found in this book an individual can train effectively for years.

Skagen Men's 433LSL1 Ferdinand Quartz 3 Hand Stainless Steel Dark Brown Watch
Skagen Men's 433LSL1 Ferdinand Quartz 3 Hand Stainless Steel Dark Brown Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic, June 8, 2007
My wife bought me this watch for our 20th anniversary. It keeps good time and looks classy. I can wear it to work with a pair of jeans and a casual shirt and then keep it on for a night out in slacks and a button down. Good watch.

Cubed Foot Gardening: Growing Vegetables in Raised, Intensive Beds
Cubed Foot Gardening: Growing Vegetables in Raised, Intensive Beds
by Christopher Bird
Price: $13.93
79 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Gardening Book..., May 27, 2007
If you're into vegetable gardening then "Cubed Foot Gardening" is a good book to invest in. Bird gives good, practical advice on getting started, climate needs, where to put your garden, etc. He doe not tell anyone not to use organic, stating that it is the gardener's choice. On pg. 174 he states that the gardener should, "Try organic methods of insecticide first...", then "Spray chemical insecticides if necessary, on a limited basis..." This seems to contradict other posters who have been emphatic that he is "anti-organic". Maybe they didn't read the whole book. The vegetable guide on pg. 44-45 is very good. Overall this is an easy to read, very manageable to apply work.

1,000 Places to See Before You Die: A Traveler's Life List
1,000 Places to See Before You Die: A Traveler's Life List
by Patricia Schultz
834 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars I've been to some of these!, April 23, 2007
This was a fun book to peruse. I have been to some (not many) of the places listed. I actually bought this for my parents, but when I get to their house I use it more than they do.

It is unfortunate that the Travel Channel has turned it into such a horrid series.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2007 7:16 PM PDT

Rocky
Rocky
DVD ~ Sylvester Stallone
Offered by sell stuff now
Price: $10.00
253 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars We forget..., July 30, 2006
This review is from: Rocky (DVD)
I think in the 30 years since this movie was released we forget what a classic it is. Sylvester Stallone has been remembered for movies that have been so painful to watch that this one gets forgotten.

There is the argument that this is the greatest boxing movie of all time...possibly but "Cinderella Man" and "Million Dollar Baby" give it a run for its money.

Rocky was an example of the talent that Sylvester Stallone has at writing scripts and directing movies.

Rocky, as has already been stated, won the 1976 Oscar for best picture. It deserved it.

Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth
Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth
by Peter Kelder
Price: $12.48
199 used & new from $0.35

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it..., July 30, 2006
I don't know if this program is going to turn me into a 22 year old again, but I find the exercises worth the 5-10 minutes a day to do. They help promote flexibility and strength.

I know that the 5 Tibetan Rites are supposed to line up my Chakras. I don't know a whole lot about Chakras, but I do know that the 5 movements stressed in this book have been a good addition to my daily physical fitness plan.

Enjoy.

Boston
Boston
Offered by SaleTag
Price: $5.79
309 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rock album of the last 30 years..., July 30, 2006
This review is from: Boston (Audio CD)
This is one of the greatest, if not the greatest rock album of the last 30 years. It influenced music for a decade after it was released (Anyone remember Asia?) and it still sounds contemporary today.

More Than a Feeling is one of the most recognized rock singles on the radio and Peace of Mind was decades ahead with its message.

Boston might not be considered to have the continued success that some other great rock bands have had over the years, i.e. The Who, Stones Led Zepplin, The Beatles, U2, etc. but in this one album Boston gave the world perfection.

While other bands from the 70's and 80's are fading, Boston still gets plenty of air time due to this album.

Page: 1 | 2