Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for poppyrock13 > Reviews

Browse

poppyrock13's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

poppyrock13 RSS Feed

Meet Me in Houston
Meet Me in Houston
5 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Blues doesn't get much better than this, August 3, 2015
This review is from: Meet Me in Houston (Audio CD)
I've had this CD over a year now, and still listen to it frequently. Blues doesn't get much better than this. This CD, and his "Road House Stomp" which is a great "Live" recording, are among my very favorite Blues CD's, and I have a pretty extensive blues collection. There are no horns here, and there is no harmonica. Just great guitar, and really good gritty Texas Style blues vocals. Simply a must have for any Blues Fan.

Rollin' On - EP
Rollin' On - EP
Price: $5.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Super cool Stuff, June 14, 2013
This review is from: Rollin' On - EP (MP3 Music)
Just purchased the MP3 album. Really sounds great. Two rockin' psychadelic bluesy songs, and some acoustic blues as well. All six tunes make for some real tasty ear candy. This girl has got talent...really really good vocals, and super clean guitar work. Will be eagerly awaiting her debut release on CD. MP3 album is definetly worth the money. If your like me, and always looking for something new...might want to try this.

Don't Explain
Don't Explain
Offered by MEGA Media
Price: $11.88
68 used & new from $4.96

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, September 30, 2011
This review is from: Don't Explain (Audio CD)
I never (and I mean never), take the time to write a review for any Cd's I buy, and I have bought a bunch (over 700, had over 500 records at one time, and a couple hundred cassettes). I couldn't play a musical instrument to save my life, but I have listened to a lot of music in my 50 years on this planet. With all that said, I understand that my opinion probably doesn't mean all that much. But I did want to say that I love this recording. Been listening to it non-stop for five days now. If you like blues rock and/or soul R & B, you will probably like this. Hate to use the word wonderful...but that is what this release is. Wonderful, full of life, and just plain good, from start to finish. I just hope Joe B. and Beth get together again. Because her vocals, and his guitar work are a real "match made in heaven," as they say, and us poor working folks haven't got a whole lot to look forward to these days. I bought this Cd on Monday, and today is Friday...it has been a good week. Might give yourself a lift, and check this one out.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2015 7:14 AM PDT