Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day
Profile for F. Marandola > Reviews

Browse

F. Marandola's Profile

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

F. Marandola RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
NIV Backpack Bible/ 2:52 Backpack Bible (252 Series)
NIV Backpack Bible/ 2:52 Backpack Bible (252 Series)
by Zondervan
Edition: Leather Bound
22 used & new from $3.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for adults too, March 14, 2013
I am around 30, so small text doesn't bother me yet. When I was at a book store looking for the most compact bible I could find, this met all of my criteria. It is essentially identical to any NIV adult bible made by Zondervan, but more compact. It has 2 pages in the front, and 2 pages in the very center of it that explain to young men why Jesus is cool. Other than that is a very small, light, and extremely elegant with a 2 tone leather cover that lays flat. I recommend you get it if you want a compact bible to take along in your bag. After seeing them all in person, I can attest that the compact, adult, thinline dual-tone bibles look similar, but with slightly larger text which makes for a slightly larger bible. I hope this helps.

Army Combat Infantryman License Plate Frame
Army Combat Infantryman License Plate Frame
Offered by MilitaryBest
Price: $18.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, February 22, 2013
This frame is of very good quality and seems like it will hold up over time. What you see in the image shown is 100% accurate. That's why I gave it 4 stars. I would give it a perfect 5 if the C.I.B.s were infantry blue. I still love the frame though, and I display it with pride.

TurboHawk 3 - channel Remote - controlled Helicopter
TurboHawk 3 - channel Remote - controlled Helicopter
3 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a great helicopter!, January 15, 2013
Why all the negative reviews? Yeah it will break, but if the rotars are spinning fast enough to raise the toy into the air and you let it hit the wall, then what do you expect? The helicopter is made of lightweight metals and plastic so that it can fly. At least you can go on the company website and order replacement parts. Even if they made the toy out of heavier materials, then it would require a more powerful motor and the rotors would spin faster and it would be easier to break the rotors anyway. This is not a toy for smal children! It won't last them 10 minutes!

So, as for the details... it flies great. They give you the option to fly the device from an android or ios phone or ipad. I like the ability to do this, but like the video games using a touchscreen to control something so sensitive doesn't work out so great. Nonetheless, I applaud them for implementing this feature. I personally like the standard controller that the helicopter comes with. It requires 6 AA batteries which seems like a lot, but the controller has a little wire that plugs into the chopper and charges it so it is great for on the go.

The chopper is rechargeable which is great. It only gets about 5 minutes of fly time, but I'm not very upset because A) it only takes 20 min to charge, and B) once the novelty wears off you realistically won't fly it for longer periods. I love the way you recharge it. You can either plug the chopper into the remote or use a provided cord to plug it into a USB port on your computer. The same goes for the little piece you plug into the headphone jack on your phone to control the helicopter. There is also a separate cord to charge it with USB as well.

Overall, it is most definitely worth the price. Lot's of fun for the price. It seems that is will last, but I don't think it is great for kids.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Simpsons Handbook: Secret Tips from the Pros
The Simpsons Handbook: Secret Tips from the Pros
by Matt Groening
Price: $29.06
74 used & new from $3.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, January 1, 2013
The ultimate gift for a Simpsons fan, whether they are artists or not. This book teaches how to draw every character and most places. It even helps you use the style of art to create new characters.

PlayStation Vita - Wifi
PlayStation Vita - Wifi
Offered by olympiabros
Price: $235.99
122 used & new from $111.54

5.0 out of 5 stars It's for true gamers., January 1, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought a 3DS and sold it after like 6 months. I remember that nintendo even dropped the price and gave free NES games to all of the early adopters to try and sell the system, but I sold it. My hope was that the PS Vita was going to save the day. Maybe it has for me. I will be brief with my review and say that I am a gamer. I have owned all of the systems. Recently the launch of the 3ds and vita and their poor sales have discouraged me, but made me realize that many people use their cell phones for video games. This discouraged me from keeping any handheld system, but I have had a change of heart. The recent release of all of these console games on ios and android make me realize that we need physical buttons for videogames. I can play uncharted, need for speed most wanted, and the best of all... persona 4 and get a full blown console experience on the go. Also, now that I am married, my wife wants to watch TV, so it is nice to be able to play from the couch while we watch TV together. These are major selling point of this device. At first I was regretting my purchase, but lately I can't live without the system and look forward of things to come.

Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Tool, Technology Trash
Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Tool, Technology Trash

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking knife!, December 7, 2012
If you want to know the quality of the knife, look up the Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD on Amazon. This review is on the look of the knife only because this is just a new design on a knife that has been around for many years. Briefly I can tell you that this is the same as the little, red swiss army knife I know and love. I have had a few and lost them through the years. It was my grandfather and MacGyver who inspired me to purchase my first one because they both carried one everywhere they went. The quality is second to none and this little knife will help you through many little situations with it's few tools. Now for the look of the knife. It has a great design. You can see from the pictures. You either like it or you don't. I love it. It kind of reminds me of the video game Machinarium, and the movie Wall-E because of the art. It's kind of a scene that is a garbage dump full of robot pieces, obsolete cell phones, and other technology. Supposedly there is a clear coat over the artwork for protection, but I cannot tell you about the durability thus far. I just unwrapped it and attached it to my keys, so I will try to post an update if I see any wear. You have my recommendation though and i'm sure this is limited edition so you should jump on this pretty quick if you want it. The seller is not Amazon, but with Free shipping, I received it in only 2 days.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Persona 4 Golden - PlayStation Vita
Persona 4 Golden - PlayStation Vita
Offered by The Best Only
Price: $19.49
56 used & new from $11.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, November 21, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When I had a PS1, I bought FFIX and thought it was one of the best in the series. Sadly, many missed it because the PS2 was already out before it was released. The same is with Persona 4 since it was released in 2008, just 4 years ago! Normally I would be upset that I missed such an amazing game, but from what I understand this is the definitive version of the game and I can see why. There are many reviews, but mine will be kind of short because I will compare it's best features to other games.

First off, the visuals look great. Like World of Warcraft, the art style keeps the game from looking dated. The fighting is turn based and if you like Final Fantasy games, you'll be right at home. The game constantly gives you decisions to make that can affect the story kind of like Mass Effect, so you will most likely want to play through again even if it take you 50 to 100 hours. The sound is exceptional. Vita cartridges are tiny and it is amazing to hear so much voice acting crammed in the game. They also have the catchiest J Pop music i have ever heard in a game. Finally, I loved Shenmue on the Dreamcast and have wanted a remake for the longest. This game has many of the elements I loved. You get to explore the city and shops, get part time jobs, there is a lot of social interaction, and there is active time, date, and weather.

Bottom line, get this game! If JRPG's like Final Fantasy were still mainstream in the U.S., this would be a Vita seller for sure. It is quite possibly the best RPG I have ever played, but I haven't gotten all the way through to make that decision. It's just incredible!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2012 5:44 PM PST

Madden NFL 13 - PlayStation Vita
Madden NFL 13 - PlayStation Vita
Offered by Vulcandeals
Price: $62.95
59 used & new from $20.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing handheld football!, October 25, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
So, to start, I must say that this is the greatest portable football game ever made. Way better than iOS and Android versions. It is for the most part a port of madden 12 with madden 13 announcing from phil simms and jim nantz. The game is for the most part flawless. With the latest patch, the game runs smoother because many complaints were based on choppiness in framerate. I have so much fun with this game and would easily give it a 5, but I didn't because they should have given this game crossplay like on mlb the show. I didn't necessarily need all the bells and whistles, but it would be nice to sync my season schedule and play games on the road. That is the only flaw.

CAP Barbell 40-pound Adjustable Dumbbell Set with Case
CAP Barbell 40-pound Adjustable Dumbbell Set with Case
Price: $49.99
29 used & new from $42.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, July 30, 2012
As others have stated, they have kind of a petroleum kind of smell to them. I guess they coat them so they do not rust while shipping or sitting in a factory somewhere. With that said, they are great. Everything, including the nuts, are cast iron so they will last for many years. There is also room for extra weight plates to be added if you grow out of them at some point. They are compact as well, so you won't have any trouble storing them under your bed. Overall I am very happy with my purchase.

HEAVY DUTY Gold's Gym 40 Lb Vinyl Dunbell Set- 2 YEARS WARRANTY- HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT-A BONUS $19.99 VALUE SOLAR RECHARGEABLE LED LIGHT INCLUDED WITH YOUR PURCHASE...

1.0 out of 5 stars They suck, July 30, 2012
I got these at Walmart and took them back the next day. The weight plates are way bigger than they need to be, allowing less range of motion during many exercises. I actually wanted another set of Cap 40lb dumbells for the weight plates (it is cheaper to buy the set than to get the weight plates separate), but all that Walmart had were these. Big mistake. If you buy dumbells, get the Cap ones. They are better quality and have extra room for weight plates if you want to upgrade and make them heavier. Look at the picture for this set. You can see that the weight plates leave only like an inch of space on each end of the dumbells, leaving no room to upgrade.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3