Profile for shuTTL3bus > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 565

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

shuTTL3bus "shuTTL3bus @gmail .com" RSS Feed (United States)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Shandali Yoga Towel
Shandali Yoga Towel
Offered by Shandali
Price: $59.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This Yoga Mat is Amazing, August 16, 2014
I haven't purchased a yoga mat for a long time. The ones I have get very slippery when wet. They are comfortable enough they have the plastic dimpled texture.

This mat is in a completely different class. The feel of microfiber definitely makes it a pleasant feel to use this towel. The microfiber also soaks up the sweat and keeps the mat from getting slipper.

The quality of the construction on this mat is top notch and I expect that it will last for a long time.

My other mats are gone now and this is the new standard by which I judge exercise mats.

I was provided a sample for a fair review.

(2 Pack) 60 Watt - ST18 Vintage Antique Nostalgic Decorative E26 Base Clear Light Bulb 130V

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful to Look At, But Be Aware The Light is in the Orange Realm, August 16, 2014
These bulbs are beautiful to look at. The long filaments are a work of art. However, the lights are down below the normal warm incandescent light color of 2700K. The light these bulbs put out are firmly in the orange realm. These are probably around 1800K which is the color of light put out by a match or that of sunset or sunrise. So if you enjoy what photographers call golden hour when the sun is setting or rising, then you can achieve a similar look inside with these bulbs.

6 Watt,Dimmable LED Candelabra E12 Base Light Bulb (60w Incandescent Replacement), Omni directional, 530 Lumens, Warm White 2700k, Chandelier Flame Tip Shape ,Clear Glass Cover ,Silver Base -UL Listed-
Offered by DEALS AND MORE
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Like Warm Light, This Bulb is for You, August 16, 2014
This is a very nice dimmable LED light. I installed it in a chandelier with a dimmer. The chandelier has incandescent bulbs and a daylight balanced LED bulb. At full power, the LED color is indistinguishable from the incandescent. As the chandelier is dimmed, the incandescent bulbs move solidly into the orange light realm. This LED stays the same color as at full power. So this light will maintain the nice warm color even when dimmed. I have seen a lot of complaints in reviews of different LED bulbs about them being too white. I actually prefer daylight balanced light, however, if you are looking for a light which produces nice warm light then look no further.

The patter of the LED on this bulb are also a step above the average LED bulb. It has nice small LED which are aimed in many multiple directions and provide a nice lighting pattern.

Be aware, this bulb is very tall so you will need to factor that into your decision making process. Part of that is the nice bent tip at the end and part of it is because of the heat sink at the base.

Pros:
2700K Warm Light full power or dimmed
Nice light pattern
Low electricity use
Long Life

Cons
Tall

Overall, if I preferred warm light this is a bulb I would buy in large quantities. However, since I prefer daylight balanced white light, I won't be buying more of these.

I was provided a sample for a fair review.

Smart Weigh ACE110 Digital Shipping Postal Scale (110lb.) with Extendable Cord and Bright Blue Backlight Display, Batteries and AC Adapter Included
Offered by MeasuRite
Price: $34.99
2 used & new from $28.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, Rugged, Inexpensive, June 5, 2014
This is one solid accurate scale for a great price. There are 2 really nice features this scale has which not many others have.

The first feature is the readout is removed from the scale. This means with oversized packages you can still read out the weight. Other scales I have used without this feature, you either have to do gymnastics to see the readout or hope that it locks in for when you remove the weight. With this scale you can see the weight as it is still sitting on it.

The second feature is the TARE button. This allows you to put an object on the scale and then reset the scale to zero. This allows you to measure items such as liquids, dirt, etc which you normally could not weigh. Simply put on a container, press the TARE button, and then put your items in the container.

This scale is built like a tank. I was amazed how heavy and solid this scale is. Very nice.

I have tested this scale against 2 others and it was dead accurate.

Overall, you can't go wrong with this as a postal or general purpose scale.

I was provided a sample for review.

Etronic ® Ultra Comfort Massage Travel Neck Pillow ET-105 - 6 Massage Modes - Headrest Strap - CE Certified [3-Year Warranty]
Offered by E Depot Express
Price: $19.99
5 used & new from $13.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Travel Pillow, June 5, 2014
This is a comfortable Travel Pillow. It kind of has a beanbag feel to it and it conforms to your head and neck very nicely and comfortably. Also, I didn't really feel like it got too hot either.

The price of this is just a little over a regular travel pillow. For that couple of dollars extra you get the massage option. For me personally, I thought even the lowest frequency was too fast for a nice massage. Too me this is a buzz type vibration instead of boat rocking or pendulum speed vibration. I would have preferred about 1/2 to 1/4 of the vibration speed. My wife, however, thought the massage feature was very nice and enjoyed it.

So if you are thinking about this for the massage feature, figure out if a buzz vibration is slow enough for you.

I was provided a sample for review.

HIGH QUALITY Jute Tote Bags [2 Pack] - 100% Natural Hessian & Reusable Burlap Totes - Ideal Grocery Store, Beach, Retail Shopping, Work, School Bag / Mesh Totes With Top Rope Handles - Ideal Christmas Gift/Easter Bunny Bag For Women, Girls, Teens & Kids - Eco-Friendly & Recyclable [Foldable Set of 2]
Offered by D & M Innovation
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Tote Bags, June 5, 2014
My kids love these bags. I have 2 kids and 2 bags. They love to load these up and carry "stuff" (technical term) around with them.

Do you like the smell of twine? Good because these bags have a nice twine smell to them. They are very handsome and I like the blue and twine color scheme.

There is not too much more to say. If you want some strong and handsome tote bags made from natural fibers, then you can't go wrong with these.

I was provided a sample for review purposes.

Detachable Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Stand Leather Case for Tablet PC 7¡å 8¡å7inch 8 inch (Blue)
Offered by DBPowerOfficial

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch Out For Possible Durability Issues, June 5, 2014
Right out of the case this keyboard and case work really well and feel very nice. It has a built in battery and the blue tooth sinks up easily with my iPad mini. This is the perfect size for my iPad mini. The keyboard feels nice to type on and the claim is for 5 million key strokes.

This case came with a charging cord which you plug into a standard USB port.

The reason I have the title I have listed is I had a keyboard and case previously which looked and felt exactly like this one. I had no problems with it myself. However, occasionally, I lent it to my 7 year old to play with and shortly thereafter, a key came up missing and the case started to come unglued. So I would recommend being gentle with the keyboard and don't let little kids play with it.

I don't know for certain this is the same keyboard so I can't review it based on the other keyboard. However, it looks and feels the same as the previous one I owned so I recommend some TLC.

4 Piece Collapsible Silicone Measuring Cups Set, 2 Sets of 4
4 Piece Collapsible Silicone Measuring Cups Set, 2 Sets of 4
Offered by Brooklyn Deals
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful Measuring Cups, June 5, 2014
I loves these measuring cups. Because they are collapsable, 2 sets takes up about the same amount of space as one non-collapsible set. These are easy to uncollapse but the easiest way I have found to collapse them is to put them on a flat surface and push down.

That fact these can withstand 400deg and can be microwaved is very nice and useful.

The only downside I have found with these cups verses regular ones is if you are trying to scoop something semi-solid like butter or coconut oil. Not that hard sided cups are perfect at this either but they do work a little better than these. Other than that I have not found any downsides to these.

I was provided a sample for review purposes.

DB POWER® Digital Sound Noise Level Meter Tester Decibel Meter 40-130db of Large LCD screen with 4 Digits Reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate Sound Level Meter for a Great Price, June 5, 2014
First off, JJCEO's review of this is so through and detailed there is really not any more to be said with regard to a review. Everything he says in his review is very accurate and very informative. So watch his video to see how this product handles and functions.

With that said, I am going to focus more on why you would want a sound level meter.

1) The first and most obvious would be to check sound levels in your house. If there are places in your house that you spend considerable amounts of time in and they consistently read 60db or greater you may want to do something about trying reduce the noise levels. Also, if you are trying to soundproof or quite your house then a meter like this will be crucial to test the success of your efforts.

2) Another very important area to check could be your work. If you have a consistently loud work environment it can seriously damage your health (Headaches, tinnitus, hearing loss, fatigue, etc). For example according to OSHA occupational noise exposure 1910.95, you can only be exposed to 100db for 2 hours per day without hearing protection. Your office may be louder than you think and you won't know without testing.

3) You have a neighbor who thinks it is cool to drive a vehicle with no muffler (especially motorcycles) The EPA adopted a 80db at 35mph standard for motorcycles (less for cars) which took effect sometime around 1986. Many states have a lower requirement (78db). After market parts have to meet the same standards. If you have a neighbor who refuses to abide by this, you could film the vehicle and noise meter and then go to the police and try to get them to enforce the standard. I had a neighbor who like to start his illegally modified Harley at 0500 every morning and leave it running for 30min to warm up. I wish I had this meter back then.

4) Spot level testing. If you are setting up a PA system or any sort of music system, this would allow you to test different spots in your space and ensure sound levels are adequate for the purpose required.

5) Show your teenagers how loud their music is from speakers or headphones (ear buds would be hard to test but I did test headphones). Refer to OSHA noise guidelines.

6) Noise ordnance violations. Maybe you have neighbors who like to party late into the night especially on weeknights. Maybe you live in an apartment complex with a loud neighbor. You can show your landlord just how loud they are or be able to tell the police how loud the neighbors are being.

Noise pollution can be hazardous to your health and this tool gives you the ability to find any noise pollution which might be impacting your life so you can do something about it.

I was provided a sample for review purposes.

Square Satin Nickel Cabinet Drawer Knob By Southern Hills, Brushed Nickel Cabinet Knobs 1 1/4" Square, Pack of 5 Kitchen Knobs
Offered by MJR Enterprises Inc
Price: $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Beautiful and Solid Cabinet Knobs, June 5, 2014
I recently remodeled my kitchen with some $4 satin nickel cabinet knobs and I really like the new look. These knobs blow the ones I installed away. These are heavier and more solid feeling. You can feel the difference every time you open a cabinet or drawer.

Too me this is something I feel and look at every day and thus brings me a little enjoyment every day. These are pricy and only you can decide if the price it worth it but needless to say I will be purchasing more of these in the very near future. To me, buying 6 packs of these for my kitchen (<$180) is a small percentage of what a basic kitchen reno costs($10-20K), that the feeling of luxury I get every day is more than worth it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20