Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for KWJ > Reviews

Browse

KWJ's Profile

Customer Reviews: 381

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

KWJ RSS Feed (Los Angeles)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sleep Master Memory Foam Mattress Topper, King
Sleep Master Memory Foam Mattress Topper, King
Price: $205.15
2 used & new from $199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended for a good night's sleep, June 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Nothing like a good-night's sleep, and a pillow-topper is always a great add-on to any bed to take the comfort level to, well, the next level. This mattress topper is nice and thick.

Firmness is a matter of preference, but for someone like me with a back that needs something firm, this mattress topper is plush but not too soft. Your mileage may vary. King-size sheets fit perfectly on top.

NOTE: This is NOT a California King, and won't fit a mattress of those dimensions if that's what you have. Also, follow the instructions for letting the topper lay flat and completely unfold for the specified amount of time. It needs the time to "relax" after having been scrunched up so tightly in the box.

Franklin Sports Mini Rubber Basketball, Batman
Franklin Sports Mini Rubber Basketball, Batman
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-made and great fun, June 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the perfect-sized ball for younger hands (my grandson is 5 and it suits him perfectly) and for kids who are obsessed with Batman. (What kid isn't?) Quality rubber, great bounce and the world-famous icon makes this extra fun to throw around in the backyard and bounce in the driveway. My grandson imagines the ball to be some kind of secret weapon which needs to be hurled at me every chance he gets.

It's a hit. :)

Baby Aspen Oscar in His Oxfords Plush Plus Puppy with Clip on Bow Tie and Two Pairs of Socks for Baby
Price: $17.81
5 used & new from $17.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Big shower hit, but I thought the actual quality was just OK, June 22, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a really sweet addition to any baby boy's shower basket. With that being said, the main attraction is the novelty. The toy is cute, the bow tie is great for a photo op, and the socks are sweet - but all of just mediocre quality.

That being said, my friend was really excited to receive this at her shower for her boy due in August. It was quite a hit. She told me it's on his dresser.

To clear it up, it doesn't come with a separate set of socks and bow tie - it's the one from the stuffed dog. I wasn't completely clear on that.

So, to be clear - this gets major points on cuteness and crowd appeal. But if you're going for high-quality socks, maybe pass. But I guess that's not always the point.

Cop Rock: The Complete Series
Cop Rock: The Complete Series
DVD ~ Ronny Cox
Price: $18.99
15 used & new from $16.80

4.0 out of 5 stars AHEAD OF IT'S TIME!, June 14, 2016
They ALMOST got it right. So close. Don't get me wrong, even after all these years I love Cop Rock, and would always wistfully think back to when it aired, and admire their daring and groundbreaking attempt at musical drama for television. Now, all these years later, I'm thrilled that it's available on DVD (I wish a lot of other short-lived shows were also available!)... but the years haven't been as kind to Cop Rock as I remember.

In my opinion, about 80% of this holds up, and if it were produced today, with today's sensibilities, I think it would be a massive hit the likes of Empire, Glee, et. al,. The problem I have is that Bochco and company didn't really take the genre of musical theater seriously, nor were they experienced in the subtleties the genre affords when blending music and drama. The musical numbers are played a bit too earnestly in cases, and sometimes, as in the "guilty" number from the pilot, they're removed from the "reality" of musical theater altogether when an attorney flips open his desk to reveal a lighted piano keyboard that he begins to play. In musical theatre, the audience is already ready to suspend belief and accept the fact that the songs are an extension of the dialogue and the characters don't believe they're singing to each other, rather expressing the feelings of information of the scene in a perfectly natural way. At those times, the underscore will move in under dialogue and the actors will transition into the song in a perfectly natural manner. In Cop Rock, however, Bochco abruptly jumps into a musical number and, as in the courtroom scene, loudly screams "Hey, we're doing a musical number now, in case you didn't know it, that's why the guy opened his desk to show us a piano, because this all isn't real!"

That's a fatal error. Musicals never let the audience in on the gag, and they don't have to. Even the most bizarre of musical numbers, when played correctly within the context of a musical, will keep the audience engaged with belief suspended. Bochco doesn't give us that luxury here. And don't get me started on the farcical (and frankly, terrible) peformances of his wife Barbara as the city Mayor, and Ronny Cox as the police chief. Bochco has thrown oil and water together with the belief that it will all somehow mix together and it doesn't.

There ARE moments of briiliance and one in particular that I remember all these years later from the pilot (as did a friend when I told him I bought the Cop Rock DVD), is the final scene and musical number where a drug-addicted mother sits with her baby on a bus bench, and sings a hauntingly beautiful song about how beautiful life will be soon, as she prepares to sell the baby for drug money. It's beautifully shot, and sung, and performed (with the exception of a moment near the end of the song when the actress starts the final chorus and it startles the baby, and the baby jumps in her arms, causing the actress to laugh, upon which she stares at the camera with a look that wonders if she should go on, or will they cut and start again?) I assume, because it was late in the day, they were losing their light, they were doing this all in one take, and the baby to that point had been extremely cooperative, that Bochco didn't yell cut. He should have. The look into the camera was one more indication that the musical aspect of Cop Rock didn't have the respect it deserved.

All that to say, that even though it only lasted 11 episodes, all of which are included in this collection, it's still one of my favorite series of all time. I only wish it had been produced today, and by someone who knew how to produce musicals.

Corel WordPerfect Office X8 Standard
Corel WordPerfect Office X8 Standard
Price: $222.95
19 used & new from $222.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT ALTERNATIVE TO MS WORD, June 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Word processing features are pretty much standardized these days, so if you know Word, you can easily get up to speed with WordPerfect. WordPerfect used to be considered the bastard cousin of MS Word, and some of the reputation was deserved. In the early days, MS Word had shiny new features, an easier user interface, and was the defacto standard in the Windows world. I don't believe that's the case anymore, especially with this version of WordPerfect.

For one, the interface is clean and lean, and you can customize the look and feel of WP to suit your needs. I find the ribbon in MS Word to take up too much real estate, and not nearly as customizable as I'd like it.

Also, WP now plays well with everyone. You can open and save docs in MS Word format, and even interchange between free word processing software like Libre and Open Office. I find no difference in speed, and the user interface is intuitive.

If you'd like to own your word processing software, and not rent it from Microsoft, WordPerfect is really a perfect alternative. There isn't anything you can't do with it that you can do with MS Word.

The First Years Disney Baby Temperature Guide, Mickey Mouse
The First Years Disney Baby Temperature Guide, Mickey Mouse
Price: $6.51
11 used & new from $5.82

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute toy, but not exactly an effective temperature gauge!, June 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Thought this was a cute little functional bath toy that any kid would love... cute toy, I got right. Functional? Not so much.

The indicators seem to "light up" in no consistent manner. The "cold" (snowflake) is always showing. And the "hot" indicator came on when it was lukewarm and disappeared when I tested it under scalding water.

I don't really know why another reviewer mentioned it was too hard for a baby. It's not squishy, sure, but I'm not really sure how a child would injure themselves on it.

Function aside, my son likes it as a bath toy. So, that's what its future will be. However, if you actually want a temperature indicator for your kid's bath, I'd probably keep looking!

Lifeproof NÜÜD SERIES iPhone 6s Plus ONLY Waterproof Case (5.5" Version) - Retail Packaging - FIRST LIGHT (PINK JELLYFISH/CLEAR/SEASHELLS PINK)
Price: $69.99
20 used & new from $54.24

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice little case - once you actually get it installed!, June 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I just switched from the Otterbox Symmetry to this case before I spend everyday at the pool this summer. The Lifeproof NUUD appealed to me because it offers the same protection as the other Lifeproof cases, but seemed slimmer.

Let me just say, I've tried two Lifeproof cases in the past and passed immediately. The level of protection always appeals to me, then I try it on, and realize I can't carry the boulder around that was once my phone. Not to mention, they were ugly.

The NUUD series has a couple things going for it that the other Lifeproof cases don't:
- It is much slimmer than the other Lifeproof cases, though not as slim as a regular case. More on that in a minute.
- It doesn't require the awful attached screen cover of other Lifeproof cases. That was another reason I hated them... I refuse to use a case that interferes with the sensitivity of my screen. Why pay all that extra for the phone if your case makes its features irrelvant? The NUUD creates a watertight seal around your screen without needed a screen cover.
- It comes with a scratch-resistant, custom sized screen cover if you still want to use one.

Some tips I learned:
- It is a PAIN IN THE BUTT to put on, especially the first time. Cussing was involved. Here's a couple tips: Watch the video online. Their paper manual has one English paragraph, ten paragraphs in various other languages, then pages later, the next English paragraph. Really, Lifeproof? How am I supposed to follow your maze of languages? You couldn't just put ALL the English instructions together?
- Use a coin to reopen it once it's on. Trust me.
- BEFORE you close the case, make sure the headphone cover base is attached and the INNER film is removed on the back of the cover. I failed to do both those things and had to start over. More cussing.
- You can't use your screen cover that you might already to be using. To use one with this, it has to only cover the actual screen and most cover from the earpiece to around the home button. Not a big deal, because they include a new one for you.
- Follow their advice to snap the back on. Once the front is on, lay it face down on a firm service. But the back on and push down hard all around the phone. You'll hear several clicks.

Also, you should know that although the profile is not noticeably larger than other cases, it is ever-so-slightly larger. It's such a tiny amount that I couldn't tell a difference in my hand compared to my Otterbox Symmetry... until I tried to slip it into my running belt. It was already a tight fit before, but now it's definitely a no-go. So, just something to keep in mind!

Born Free Breeze 9 oz. Transition Drinking Cup, 1-Pack (Pink)
Born Free Breeze 9 oz. Transition Drinking Cup, 1-Pack (Pink)
Price: $8.99
3 used & new from $8.09

4.0 out of 5 stars A pretty cute idea that works fairly well!, June 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's a cute idea. I've often lamented the lack of something for that stage between sippy and cup. Since this kind of covers both, I have a feeling we'll be using it for quite awhile.

It's so specific, that I think we'll just stick with the one. I've found it especially handy for road trips and flights. Of course, every baby is different. I would just say to order the one first and see how your kid takes to it... then order more if it's a good fit.

When it first arrived, I thought it would be annoying to keep clean, but it's pretty simple. However, just like any cup of this type, I'd recommend rinsing out anything that's not water after using it.

Is it necessary? No. But it IS handy and very cute. Would be an adorable addition to a baby shower basket.

One note: it's more similar to a bottle than a sippy. I'd recommend introducing this after bottles, but before traditional sippy cups.

Scotch PRO Thermal Laminator with 12-Piece Starter Kit, 12.3-Inch, 1-Minute Warm-up, 4-Rollers, Never Jam Technology (TL1306E)
Price: $171.00
2 used & new from $171.00

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT for classroom or homeschool use; stick with Scotch pouches!, June 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is about as user friendly as it gets. So simple and straightforward to use that my five-year-old can operate it on his own. Yes, this is more expensive than many other laminators - including my previous Scotch model that was about half price - but for many people it will be well worth it. And it still comes well within the average range of professional laminators.

Who needs the PRO versus a regular?
- Churches
- Classrooms
- Home School Teachers
- An environment where many different people will use it.

Basically, it's hard to mess it up and very durable. So, if you'll be getting a lot of use out of it or may not always be SUPER careful to get it right, this is a good choice. Unlike any others I've used, you don't even really need to read the instructions before using it.

I will say it does much better with Scotch brand pouches than others. Yes, technically you could use any, but the Scotch are the smoothest and shiniest with no bubbles.

Born Free Breeze 9 oz. Bottle, 3-Pack
Born Free Breeze 9 oz. Bottle, 3-Pack
Price: $21.99
13 used & new from $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great PLASTIC (not GLASS) bottles; slightly more expensive than Avent..., June 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are PLASTIC. Why do two of the three other reviews say glass? I don't know, but disregard them!

That being said, these are excellent BPA-free plastic bottles. I love the simplicity of two pieces... I've lost enough little rings and nipples down the garbage disposal after I've missed them in the wash!

The trend of new bottles seems to be a) more ergonomic and b) more similar to breast. This design is definitely both... well, as similar to breast as you can get without getting a little weird. The base is wider and rounder than most and the nipple has a more slender, lifelike shape. upper part of the bottle is narrow, making it a good baby grip.

I love how wide the mouth is. It's super easy to clean... I can even get in there with my sponge, not just a bottle cleaner.

Here's where I'm torn and forced to dock a star: price. I've been a loyal Avent user for years and the same size pack is ten dollars cheaper. Is this three dollars and some odd cents better than Avent per bottle? I'm not completely sure. Yes, it's only a few bottles, but that adds up when you are buying many of these. I do like these better, but if cost is a factor, definitely look at Avent as well. Similar enough for significantly less cost.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20