Profile for James P. Stone > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

James P. Stone RSS Feed (Katy, TX, US)

Dayton Audio MCA2250E 2.1 Channel Class D Plate Amplifier
Dayton Audio MCA2250E 2.1 Channel Class D Plate Amplifier
Offered by Parts Express
Price: $98.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for custom applications where low-end is lacking., October 15, 2014
I used this with for a custom tailgate speaker project. I started with the Lepai 2.1 (don't waste your money) and found this gem. It sounds incredible. My custom speaker now blows the block-rocker out of the water. Added a portable Bluetooth receiver and it is good to go.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Liberty Amendments: Restoring the American Republic
The Liberty Amendments: Restoring the American Republic
by Mark R. Levin
Price: $15.80
224 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Most important Political writing in modern history, August 15, 2013
If Mark Levin had been alive in the Revolutionary era, he would be among those that true Americans revere today. Too many people fail to acknowledge the absolute miracle of the American Constitution - a document born of many hundreds of years of human experience, that created the greatest nation in the history of humanity. It is deeply saddening that at present, so many of those holding the reigns of power routinely trample on Constitutional principles to advance their own ends, with the American populace seemingly indifferent. Levin's latest work is a call to action to avert the death of American Constitutionalism - His message, simply put, is to use the means the Founders provided to the States (in the Constitution itself) to reject a runaway Federal bureaucracy in favor of principles designed to preserve American style freedom as the Founders intended. This is the most important political writing of the last 100 years, without question.

Shure SE215-CL Sound Isolating Earphones with Single Dynamic MicroDriver
Shure SE215-CL Sound Isolating Earphones with Single Dynamic MicroDriver
Offered by GlobalAdvSystems
Price: $97.00
76 used & new from $74.43

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound is good, but connection creates noisy grinding sound, February 27, 2013
I bought these to use as in ear monitors for live playing. (I am a drummer). The sound is good, if you can get the proper fit- I have to use foam inserts and insert them completely in my ears to get adequate bass reproduction.

One major annoyance that I quickly discovered was that if you move around a lot, the rotating connection makes an audible grinding sound when then earphones are fully inserted. This is not a sound emanating from the earphones; it is a physical sensation caused by the rotating connection mechanism that is audible ( when inserted) especially when no sound is being emitted from a sound source. Very annoying. I ordered these as replacements for some E-3's that I used back in 2005 - The E-3's fit way better, and didn't have the annoying grinding sound.

Aside from that, they do sound good- be sure to keep around plenty of fresh foam inserts; If they do not fit snugly in your ears, there is very poor bass response. Conversely, if the fit IS snug, the bass response is fantastic.

Haier LE46A2280 46-Inch 1080p 60Hz Slim LED HDTV
Haier LE46A2280 46-Inch 1080p 60Hz Slim LED HDTV

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat it for the price., January 14, 2013
Great second TV for game room - Picture is sharp, no dead pixels. Very happy with this purchase. I paid $353 + tax.

Lepai LP-2020A+ Tripath TA2020 Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Amplifier with Power Supply
Lepai LP-2020A+ Tripath TA2020 Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Amplifier with Power Supply
Price: $19.99
41 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Freakin' Awesome!, December 19, 2012
I had no intention of buying an item like this - until I saw the price, and read the reviews. I ordered one, hooked it up to my 20 year old Energy bookshelf speakers I use with my home studio, and...WOW! Really? I paid hundreds of dollars for complicated, overpriced receivers, and this little $20 mini amp sounds better?!? Hearing is believing.

StrongArm 6140 Toyota Sienna, Liftgate Non Power Lift Support, Pack of 1
StrongArm 6140 Toyota Sienna, Liftgate Non Power Lift Support, Pack of 1
Price: $22.06
5 used & new from $20.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than OEM, January 25, 2012
Installed these in under 5 minutes - I love my Toyota Sienna, but it is inexcusable that is had such shoddy lift struts- These worked perfectly

Transcend 16 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS16GSDHC10)
Transcend 16 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS16GSDHC10)
Price: Click here to see our price
125 used & new from $3.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast!, April 8, 2010
I purchased this for use with my new Canon T2i. I use it primarily for shooting full resolution 1080p video, although I shoot stills as well.

The camera choked on the class 4 chip that I originally purchased, but with this one, it is amazing. I can shoot rapidfire 18 megapixel stills (I've tested it up to 30+ shots in a row), and there is no lag. I've never had an error when shooting hi-def video.

Highly recommended! I'm buying another one.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2013 7:12 PM PDT