Profile for Gary L > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gary L RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
3M 39071 Scratch Removal System
3M 39071 Scratch Removal System
Price: $15.66
16 used & new from $15.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Removed Lots of Scratches, May 2, 2015
This system does work as described. I had some extensive scrates and the system did remove them. The rubbing pads had fallen apart by the time I was done. As others have noted, the package doesn't contain a lot of material so if you have extensive scratches on the clear-coat you might need two kits.

First Alert OLCOMBOV SmartBridge Wireless Interconnected Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Combo Alarm with Voice and Location
Price: $48.89
3 used & new from $42.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Solution, May 2, 2015
We were selling our house and the state requires inter-connected smoke/CO2 detectors on each floor. These wireless units saved us a ton of $ by not having to hard-wire the detectors together. They were easy to install and work great. We passed the inspection without any problem. We'll get these for our new house which is in a state that doesn't require inter-connected detectors.

ProSeries Heavy-Duty Sealable Queen
ProSeries Heavy-Duty Sealable Queen
Offered by NorthShore Care Supply
Price: $15.49
2 used & new from $15.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Too short for standard length mattress!, May 2, 2015
Purchased this to enclose a pillow-top, queen size mattress during a 500 mile move. It was certainly deep enough for the pillow top. It was 4-5" too short however. Not even close. This was being packed by professional movers. They ended up having to shrink-wrap the end of the mattress so it wouldn't be exposed on one end. If we weren't faced with a move the day we used it, I would have sent it back for a refund. Beware!

Keen Men's Koven WP Hiking Shoe,Black Olive/Bossa Nova,13 M US
Keen Men's Koven WP Hiking Shoe,Black Olive/Bossa Nova,13 M US
Price: $86.97
12 used & new from $86.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Keen Shoes, February 4, 2015
I own another Keen product and love them and I love these too. They're very comfortable and walk long distances in them. You can wear them in the rain because they're water-proof. No complaints so far.

L.B. Evans Men's Atlin BOA Slipper,Chocolate,13 M
L.B. Evans Men's Atlin BOA Slipper,Chocolate,13 M
Price: $44.95
5 used & new from $44.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made and Comfortable, February 4, 2015
These slippers are well made and quite comfortable. They offer much better support than most slippers. They keep my feet warm. They do run a little small. Ordered a 13 even though I'm normally a 12. I've worn them outside briefly to take the dog "out." I've had them about two months now and I'm quite happy. Lost a "star onl y because they're a little pricey. They'll be worth it though if they last a long time

Men's Genuine Leather Flip-up ID Window + 11 more pockets Classic Bifold Black
Men's Genuine Leather Flip-up ID Window + 11 more pockets Classic Bifold Black
Offered by Alpine Swiss Store
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wallet...Great Price, February 4, 2015
This is an excellent wallet for those who need a lot of card slots. The quality of the leather seems quite high in relation to the price. I've owned it only a few weeks but it is holding up well so far even though I have it "stuffed."

Turtleback HTC One M8 Genuine Leather Holster Case Pouch with Metal Belt Clip with Magnetic Closure - Made in USA
Offered by Leather Pro Store
Price: $25.99
2 used & new from $25.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Made American Case, October 29, 2014
this is a very well made case. Love that it is made in the USA. I'm using this for my HTC One M8. It does a great job of protecting the phone. The only complaint is that the case is a lot taller than the phone. This makes it a little harder to pull out of the case. You really have to reach into the case to remove the phone.

Premium Heavy Gauge Barbeque Grill Cover 24" x 58"
Premium Heavy Gauge Barbeque Grill Cover 24" x 58"
Offered by Perella's
Price: $29.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good grill cover, October 29, 2014
We've only had this for a few weeks now but so far....so good. The grill cover matches the product description well. Its heavy enough that it didn't blow off in very heavy winds like other covers have. The cover seems tough but is also supple enough so it is less likely to rip on the corners of the grill shelves. This also makes it pretty easy to put on the grill

Garmin Vivofit Fitness Band - Black
Garmin Vivofit Fitness Band - Black
Price: Click here to see our price
71 used & new from $51.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Excellent activity tracker- died after a year, June 19, 2014
Review update - after little over a year of use the device has died. Just out of the warranty period. A few weeks ago it reset the step counter in the middle of the day. Given the batteries were near the end of life I replaced them. Now a few weeks later it has just died. Garmin won't repair or replace it for free and wants almost as much to repair as a new one costs. It was 4 stars before its premature death but a device like this should last more than a year.

I've been using the Vivofit for 6 weeks now. This is the 1st tracker I've owned. My point of comparison is my wife's Fitbit Flex which she's had for 6 months now. The Vivofit has been a really good device so long as you understand what it is. Is meant to track your steps against goals and motivate you to move more. Its not 1000% accurate counting steps or distance (as compared to my treadmill.)

Pros
1. Doesn't need to be charged-uses replaceable batteries said to last about a year
2. Tracks steps taken, steps to goal, distance, calories, sleep - I've disabled the calories display.
3. Can act as a watch
4. Can wear it in the shower
5. Goals can auto adjustment based on your activity level
6. Website has numerous reports
7. Syncs with one touch of a button
8. Stays on securely - never had a problem like others have reported
9. Easy to set-up
10. Visible "alarm" when you are inactive.

Cons
1. no back-light - can't see watch in the dark - I assume this is to conserve battery life
2. No alarm
3. Larger than Fitbit
4. Occasionally fails to sync
5. Fails to register "very active" steps even when going almost 4 mph on a treadmill at 8 degree elevation
6. Sleep tracking reports not very informative
7. no apps for a phone but when you can see most of your current data on the device, do you really need an app? I've not looked at the Garmin website on a mobile device so I don't know how that looks.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with this device. It motivates me to walk more and stay active.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2014 10:24 PM PDT

ChiChinLighting LED Motion Sensor Light Bulb 6 Watts Warm White PIR LED Light G60 E26 E27 Base
Offered by ChiChinLighting-USA
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, February 5, 2014
We purchased two of these for closets that had simple light fixtures with a hanging cord. This was pretty unattractive. This was a great solution. A lot cheaper than installing a wall switch. Just screwed the bulbs in and cut down the hanging cord. Bulbs come on within 1-3 seconds when the door is opened and shut off a few minutes after you close the door. Being LEDs, these should last for years.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3