Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Joe Bonamassa All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Kids Halloween
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "Tattooed Bride Photographer Guy" RSS Feed (Philadelphia, Pa)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption
Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption
by Bryan Stevenson
Price: $13.08
65 used & new from $7.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, September 17, 2015
Hands down the emotional book I've ever read. At points you are shaking. This should be required reading in schools.

Aperlite YH-500N Professional Flash Flashlight for Nikon Digital SLR Camera [Supports TTL, Wireless S1 & S2 Modes]
Offered by Avantek
Price: $139.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great flash for a Great price., July 6, 2015
This is a great flash for a great price. I use Nikon professional cameras D600, D700, D3S as a wedding photographer and this little flash was a great addition. I was sent this flash to review and I was thinking how well made could this inexpensive flash be? It seems almost as well made as my SB900. My typical setup for weddings is SB900 on one camera and the Profoto B2 on a light stand triggered by the other camera. I swapped the SB900 for the Aperlite at my last wedding. Surprisingly the Godox batter pack I use fit and worked great on the Aperlite.

The Good
Fires quickly when attached to the Godox battery pack
Seems well built
Has lots of features found on more expensive flashes
The menu system is quicker to change settings than the SB900

The Bad
Lower power than the SB900
Doesn't rotate as far as the SB900...for a wedding photographer this is pretty important. This is why I rated it 4 star instead of 5.

I'd use this flash over my SB600 anyday. It's almost as good as the SB900 but lacks the same amount power and can't rotate as much as the sb900. Great flash at a great price. This is a great backup flash to the SB910 or buy 2 flashes to use for events.

Profoto OCF Grid kit
Profoto OCF Grid kit
Offered by Dodd Camera
Price: $99.00
8 used & new from $99.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The best fitting grids in the business, March 7, 2015
This review is from: Profoto OCF Grid kit (Camera)
The best fitting grids in the business. After owning grids for flashes from 2 other companies I was pleasantly surprised by these. Buy them right away! They are amazing.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Call Me Maybe
Call Me Maybe

5.0 out of 5 stars Sent from Heaven, sprinkled with Angel dust and blessed by the Pope, November 24, 2012
This review is from: Call Me Maybe (MP3 Music)
When you go about writing a song, usually the process doesn't include saying, "I'm going to write the best song ever." But that happened. Chuck Norris & Carly Rae Jepsen co-wrote this song originally named "MOST EPIC SONG EVER." Chuck Norris couldn't be listed as a song writer due to some CIA code. Trust me, download this song and put it on repeat FOREVER.

Nikon D600 24.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (OLD MODEL)
Nikon D600 24.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (OLD MODEL)
Offered by PIXIBYTES
Price: $1,447.65
50 used & new from $860.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon D600 vs D700 vs D800, September 20, 2012
So after getting to play with the new camera I wanted to give you a heads up on what I thought about it. I've shot over 100,000 images with my d700 and have loved that camera. I've rented the D800 for weddings and shot thousands of images with it. I want to tell you how I landed on the D600 as the camera I will use along side of my D700 at weddings. All cameras all full frame so I think it's pretty fair to compare.

> D700
I have loved this camera this has been my workhorse. 70% of my images are taken with the 85 1.4 and D700 combo. It just works. That being said this camera is old and compared to the others it doesn't stack up very well.

Feel - It has the best feel out of all the cameras because it is a bit taller and fits nicely in my hand.
AF Mode Button - The placement on the back of the camera means I can switch without looking or taking my eyes of my subject. This is huge!

Lower resolution 12 Megapixels

CF & SD card slot
HD Video
Beautiful color

More $ than D600
HUUUUUUGGGGEEEE files (I think most of my files were 45megs a piece - fast computer & lots of storage space needed)
No sRaw or smaller raw file option (deal breaker for many, canon's have this option)
I didn't like the feel in my hands as much
The photos out of this camera look awesome but you better be in focus!

> D600

Least expensive out of all of the cameras
High ISO looks better than the D700 to me
The resolution seems just right 24 megapixels
The photos out of this camera look awesome!
2 SD card slots

It doesn't feel as nice as the D700 in my hands
That damn AF Mode button is in the weirdest place, I hate it. I wish they kept it where it was on the D700. I use this button constantly
No CF card slot

When it came down to it, the price on the D600 was just right along with the file size. I considered buying a used D700 or a New D800 (instead of renting) but when the D600 was announced I knew it would be the right fit. It was bigger than I thought, which was a good thing because I've held the D3200 in my hand and that feels like a toy. This camera is almost as big as the D700. I still have to see in low light how fast the AF performance is on the camera but I am guessing it will be about even with the D700. On Saturday I will have my first full wedding with the camera but all the files that I have seen look incredible. This camera will be a hot seller and people WILL be raving fans. I can guarantee that. Also if you are between the D800 and the D600 and aren't a landscape photographer, you won't be disappointed with the resolution of the D600. In real world situations there isn't much difference once a photo is printed out between 36MP and 24MP.

A rumor: It is rumored that the images out of the D600 are of a slightly higher quality than the Nikon D4 (the $6000 brand new pro camera). Of course the D4 was built for speed but it is amazing to think that their prosumer camera is on the same quality level or higher as their newest top of the line camera.

So far I'm extremely happy with my decision to go with the Nikon D600. I hope that will be your choice too!

Didn't notice there is no AF-ON button till I went to separate the Autofocus & Shutter button like I had setup on my D700. So I had to reprogram the AE button to be the AF-On button. So far so good.

It seems like the AF is really snappy in lower light and locks on better than the D700 or D800.

I went ahead a filmed a minidocumentary of my friend Fearless Jaleel King with it (go and watch it to see the quality of the video - amazing!). Turned out pretty awesome. I used a $30 lapel mic from Radio Shack and a set of cheap headphones.
Comment Comments (26) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2015 2:59 PM PDT

Nikon 28mm f/1.8G Auto Focus-S NIKKOR lens - Fixed
Nikon 28mm f/1.8G Auto Focus-S NIKKOR lens - Fixed
Price: $696.95
30 used & new from $479.00

5.0 out of 5 stars 28 1.8 vs 35mm 1.4 vs. 35mm f/2, July 27, 2012
If you go into lightroom you'll see that I have used the 35mm f/2 lens over 50,000 times in the last 5 years. I've rented the 35mm 1.4 for several weddings & now own the 28mm 1.8G. Here is why:

Nikon 28mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR lens
*Less expensive than the 35mm 1.4
*Excellent clarity and resolving power made for a 36megapixel camera and higher (D800)
*High clarity in high contrast and backlit photos
*Slightly wider than the 35mm
*Distortion controlled enough so that you can use it for portraits if you are careful
*Quickest to focus and lock on out of all the lenses
*Most useable images out of all 3 lenses (due to focus speed)

*More expensive than the 35mm 2.0
*It's larger than the 35mm 2.0 but the build quality makes it weigh less for it's size. Cheap parts???? It feels cheap in your hand.
*It is 1/2 stop less light than the 1.4 lens (not a huge deal)

Nikon 35mm f/1.4G AF-S FX SWM Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
*This feels like a pro lenses.
*Feels balanced on a D3 or D700
*Great nano coatings that allow for sharp photos in high contrast
*Sharp when in focus
*Most Bokeh (blurry backgrounds, sharp foregrounds)

*At 1.4 I had a hard time getting this lens to focus perfectly on eyes of people. (yes I do use single focus points)
*Least usable images in a fast working environment. Not a problem in a studio but in the world of photojournalism it is.

Nikon 35mm f/2D AF Wide-Angle Nikkor Lens for Nikon 35mm and Digital SLR Cameras
*Decent focus speed
*Least expensive
*Good value

*Weird contrast issues in high contrast back lit situations
*Sharp but not as sharp as the others when in focus
*Lots of flare (good or bad depending on what you like)
*Old style coatings that don't allow for the same "resolving" power and same clarity

My winner is the 28mm 1.8. That is what I ended up purchasing. I will be selling my 35mm 2 because this lens gets the most usable images from a wedding. As a pro I need the most reliable lens for my work and because this one focuses a bit faster and locks on a bit better it was the perfect choice. There is nothing wrong with the other two lenses, they are all amazing lenses. For a wedding photographer I feel that the 28mm 1.8 lens is the best choice. Lastly the difference between 1.8 and 2.0 is not noticeable.

The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (Expanded and Updated)
by Timothy Ferriss
Price: $12.41
260 used & new from $8.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Get's you thinking, August 22, 2011
This book really challenges your thinking. Even if you only take away a few ideas, this book should free up some time.

Attention! This Book Will Make You Money: How to Use Attention-Getting Online Marketing to Increase Your Revenue
Offered by Audible, Inc. (US)
10 used & new from $20.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, but here is what would make it 5 star, August 4, 2011
The content is great. It gets you thinking. If you've read Guerrilla Marketing, it is in a similar vein. It is more than worth the money you will spend on it. If you are an entropenuer or a marketer it gets your brain going. It delivers what is promises.

BUT I listened to the audio book and it is read by a man who sounds like BEN STEIN. All the sense of humor by Jim Kukral is lost. There is some sarcasm, humor and a fun writing style but all is lost when read by Ben Stein...or who ever the guy is. Jim Kukral is, I would have much preferred he read his own book.

Release a new edition with Jim Kukral reading and I'll give it a 5 star. Loved this book. It really got me excited to market my Wedding Photography // Tattooed Bride brand.

Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith
Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith
by Anne Lamott
Price: $11.60
749 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Uncensored, July 27, 2011
A real human talks uncensored about faith. Now there is a thought. Read it. You don't have to agree with Anne, just read it.

The Thank You Economy
The Thank You Economy
by Gary Vaynerchuk
Price: $23.23
197 used & new from $3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Timely Marketing Advice - Audio Book Review, July 27, 2011
This review is from: The Thank You Economy (Hardcover)
If you want TIMELY marketing advice, this is the book to get. Throw the 1990s out the window, marketing has changed. Marketing means actually caring and holding dialogue! That's good for us - bad for companies who still operate like it's 1990. I loved the audiobook. At first I'm like this guy is such a _________. He really is brash, over-confident and kind of a jerk when he reads it. But then you realize that he is being authentic and he really cares. His Northern NJ accent kind of makes him sound pompous. By the end of the book, I loved hearing him and believe what he says is true. Gary updated the book on the fly in the audio edition. Loved that he went off script, it felt more real and he added so much good content off script.

The age of good customer service is here...maybe not every company you deal with will believe that but slowly we will return to that age. Treat your customers and fans right...or else.

If you are a business owner or marketer, BUY THIS.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4