Profile for Frankie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Frankie RSS Feed (Alexandria, VA)

Page: 1 | 2
180'S WOMENS SNOW / WHITE MONARCH CHENILLE EARMUFFS EAR WARMERS
180'S WOMENS SNOW / WHITE MONARCH CHENILLE EARMUFFS EAR WARMERS
Offered by Miklipco
Price: $18.99
2 used & new from $18.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Work well. Fit well. Won't impair hearing., March 13, 2015
I bought these for my girlfriend for Christmas. Her ears are always cold in the winter. She loves them. She even wears them in the car while she's driving. They work well, and she likes the knit fabric pattern. One of her favorite features is how they fold flat to fit easily into her bag so she can always have them with her. I really like that they don't seem to impair her hearing at all. We can have conversations at normal volumes while she's wearing them, and driving while wearing them, she can hear everything that going on around her. This company has taken ear warmers to the next level, don't settle for less.

Valeo 60028 Series Wiper Blade, 28" (Pack of 1)
Valeo 60028 Series Wiper Blade, 28" (Pack of 1)
Offered by The Part Monster
Price: $9.26
17 used & new from $9.26

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Order for 2009 Honda Hit...or anything else for that matter. Company does not stand behind their product., March 13, 2015
I ordered the 28" wiper blade for the driver side of my 2009 Honda Fit Sport. I read so many great reviews; I knew I was going to love them. I struggled to attach the "universal" adapter for a bit, but eventually I concluded that it didn't fit. I checked the reviews here and a few other Honda Fit owners mentioned that a different adapter is required to fit the Honda wiper arm, and it's not included. One Fit owner said he contacted support and they sent some out though, so I tried to do the same. First, I filled out a support form on the website and never heard back, then I called. The guy I spoke to said only his manager really knows about windshield wipers and he's currently in a meeting. Then he checked some adapters and said they were all the same and recommended that I just return it to where I purchased it, so now I had to deal with the hassle of shipping it back to Amazon. The company put no effort into standing behind their product, and even if they had, it's an inconvenience to need to order the attachment mechanisms separately when most other manufacturers include them in the package. Which reminds me, it came in a blister pack, and the wiper had torn through the end of it and was stuck in the plastic. Previously, I used Trico wiper blades on my Fit and they had lasted three solid years. They fit out of the box, no adapter necessary, although one was included. So, I went back and ordered the same set again, the packaging was great, they snapped right on, and they're working great now. Honda Fit owners, don't waste your time or money on the Valeo 600 series.

Rear Hatch: http://amzn.com/B001KS6FPA

Trico 14-B Exact Fit Rear Wiper Blade, 14" (Pack of 1)
Trico 14-B Exact Fit Rear Wiper Blade, 14" (Pack of 1)
Price: $10.99
40 used & new from $7.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Rear Wiper Blade for 2009 Honda Fit Sport! Three years and still going strong!, March 13, 2015
I use Trico wiper blades all around on my Fit, and I don't think I'll ever try another brand again. The windshield wipers lasted three years of abuse, and I had installed this rear wiper blade at the same time. So when I ordered the replacements, I ordered a replacement rear wiper blade too. While the windshield wipers definitely needed to be replaced, this rear wiper blade still looked good and it was still working well. I went ahead and replaced it anyway since I ordered the whole set together, but I'm sure I could have kept using it if I hadn't.

Genuine Honda 38513-SB0-961 Windshield Washer Nozzle Cap
Genuine Honda 38513-SB0-961 Windshield Washer Nozzle Cap
Offered by BarMac Automotive
Price: $1.45
8 used & new from $1.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Honda Part. Flimsy design. Fit my 2009 Honda Fit Sport., March 13, 2015
Somehow the washer fluid cap was missing from my 2009 Honda Fit Sport. Not only was it not snapped on, but the little retainer strip was broken and the whole cap was gone. Just the last inch or so of the retainer strip remained, and the plastic had become brittle. I'm thinking that someone must have broke it during an oil change and never bothered to tell me, but I can't be sure what really happened. The new cap went on easily. It's a pretty flimsy design though, so I'm not surprised that it broke...I've removed one star for that. I'm the original owner and this is literally the first thing to ever break on my Fit. I've found the weakest link...it's the washer fluid cap.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2015 8:21 PM PDT

Trico 25-280 Force High Performance Beam Blade - 28"
Trico 25-280 Force High Performance Beam Blade - 28"
Price: $22.17
28 used & new from $17.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Wipers for 2009 Honda Fit Sport! Lasted three years!, March 13, 2015
I ordered a set of these in March 2012 and they've been great for the past three years. I initially chose them because they were one of the few wiper blades that had range that went all the way from 14" to 28" so I could get a matching set for my Fit. When they arrived, they snapped on in seconds and they've been securely attached ever since.

I live in the DC region, so they have endured heat, ice, and snow every year. I also tend to abuse my wiper blades a bit. I always let them freeze to the windshield, and I always use them to scrape the ice off of it. Despite all of that though, I got three years out of them. They were great, but when I finally wore the rubber blades off of them, I made the mistake of trying a different product. I went with the Valeo 600 series wiper blades because of the positive reviews I found online, but when they arrived, they didn't fit on my Fit. The "universal" connector was not compatible, and no additional adapters were included. I emailed support and followed up with a call because other Fit owners said they were mailed replacement adapters. Valeo support was useless and recommended that I return them. So, I did, and I ordered another set of these instead!

As soon as they arrived, I was immediately satisfied with my decision. It started with the packaging. The Valeo 600 series shipped in an annoying blister pack, and the wiper had torn through the plastic and was protruding from one end. The Tricos came in a plastic package wrapped in a cardboard label that slipped off. With the cardboard label slipped off, the package swung open, and the blade came out with ease. I compared the new set to the ones I ordered three years ago and the design look unchanged. They went on just as effortlessly as the three year old set came off. They included an additional adapter for attaching to other style wiper arms, but it wasn't necessary for my Fit. Now that they're installed, they look great and work great! I'm looking forward to getting three more years out of this new set! Next time I need to replace them, I won't make the mistake of trying another brand again.

Metro Vacuum ED500 DataVac  500-Watt 0.75-HP Electric Duster 120 volt
Metro Vacuum ED500 DataVac 500-Watt 0.75-HP Electric Duster 120 volt
Price: $66.99
106 used & new from $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Do it!, December 6, 2013
This thing is incredible! Worth every cent, and it includes a great warranty from its manufacturer. There is nothing else to say. Just buy it!

Jorvet J0109 J-Lube Obstetrics Lubric Powder for Pets, 10-Ounce
Jorvet J0109 J-Lube Obstetrics Lubric Powder for Pets, 10-Ounce
Offered by Kech Group
Price: $19.75
8 used & new from $18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes great bubbles!, December 6, 2013
I ordered this stuff to make giant bubbles and it worked incredibly well. It came with a pamphlet with recipes to use it for fisting though...the pamphlet was actually a pretty funny read for me and my friends though.

Wrights 183 9000-29A Cotton Piping, 50-Yard, 6/32 inches Natural
Wrights 183 9000-29A Cotton Piping, 50-Yard, 6/32 inches Natural
Price: $13.50
6 used & new from $11.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for making bubbles, but not my favorite, December 6, 2013
I ordered this to make a bubble want for making giant bubbles. Some of the best bubble makers recommend this specific size and brand of piping for making great bubbles. I thought it did great, however, it absorbed a ton of the bubble solution that it never let back out again. Another great feature waS that it didn't get twisted or tangled as easily as jute tends too. While I thought this was great, I still prefer the cheap roll of green jute that I got at Home Depot over it, and I think jute delivers superior bubbles.

NHL Washington Capitals Exceed Desert Dry Xtra-Lite Short Sleeve Polo, Dark Red, Medium
Offered by FOGDOG
Price: $44.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Too synthetic to wear in the workplace, December 6, 2013
I thought this polo would be a great way to Rock the Red at work, but when it came in the mail, I thought the shiny synthetic fabric looked hideous and I don't think it would look appropriate in the workplace.

Woodlore Adjustable Men's Shoe Tree,Cedar,Large (10 - 11 M US)
Woodlore Adjustable Men's Shoe Tree,Cedar,Large (10 - 11 M US)
Price: Click here to see our price
7 used & new from $12.17

3.0 out of 5 stars Overrated, buy the Ultra model instead, December 6, 2013
I think this shoe tree is a little overrated. While it did keep the front of my shoes looking great, it made the heels narrow and uncomfortable. I quickly replaced it with the "Woodlore Ultra Shoe Tree", which has a more natural shaped heel, and my shoes fit so much better now. Also, the string on this one is nearly useless, but the knob on the Woodlore Ultra Shoe Tree is very useful when removing the shoe tree.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2014 1:59 PM PDT