Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Fidlar $5 Off Fire TV Stick Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for C. Kim > Reviews

Browse

C. Kim's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Kim RSS Feed

GMYLE(R) MidNight Blue Ultra Slim Fit PU Leather Folding Stand Case Magnetic Flip Auto Sleep/ Wake up Cover for Google Nexus 10

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY NICE!, January 12, 2013
This is a great case! Does everything what it's suppose to do ... at a very reasonable price!

It's "slim," which is why I purchased this in the first place; I personally don't like those big, heavy covers that wrap around the whole tablet, making the screen look smaller than its actual size. Although this product is slim, it still provides the protection I think I need to protect the tablet. So if you're looking for a slim, light case for your Nexus 10, this is it! I've only had it for a day, so I can't comment on the durability of this cover, but seems pretty sturdy for now.

The only reason why I'm not giving this five stars is because I was not completely happy with the seller. The seller didn't ship (I don't know why - may be it was out of stock or something) until I sent two emails. I don't think customers should have to twist the seller's arm to receive their purchased products.

However, after my second email, the product was shipped immediately, and I received it in two days.

Amzer Silicone Jelly Skin Fit Case Cover for Google/Samsung Nexus 10 - Black (AMZ95131)
Price: $19.95
4 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it!!, December 15, 2012
Cases are all about preferences. I recently got a Blurex Ultra Slim Case for my Nexus 10, and although it's a solid case I just don't like it that much; the device fits TOO tight with no wiggle room at all. I know it's suppose to hold the device tight so that it doesn't fall out, but I personally don't like it that much.

That's why I ordered this Amzer silicone case, and it's GREAT! It's definitely more practical! It doesn't have a front cover for the screen, but I think this is more convenient. As I said earlier, it all depends on your personal preference. In addition, the silicone material seems solid, and feels like it won't tear with use. But, oh the smell of this material is... pretty strong. The "rubbery" smell is quite toxic so I'm going to let the smell go away for a couple of days, and then use it. I did try it on my device, and it fits perfectly. No problem there.

In a nutshell, it's a great case for protecting your Nexus 10.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect, December 7, 2012
It's been a long journey finding the right screen protector for my Nexus 10.

This is my fourth screen protector so far: I messed up two "wet" screen protectors, and the third one was a protector for an Ipad for which I got a refund.

The size is perfect with the right cut-out hole for the front camera lens. Installation is just like any other screen protectors out there; it's not that difficult if you have experience with these things.

What I didn't know was how thin the screen protector is... meaning it is prone to scratches! After I installed mine, I used a squeege wrapped in micro-fiber cloth to remove the big air bubbles trapped inside. After completing that process, now I can see all sorts of thin scratches on the surface. It's not noticeable when the screen is on, but it's pretty noticeable when the screen is off. Not a big issue, but not completely happy; it just doesn't feel new with all those scratches! So please be gentle when removing air bubbles because the protector is particularly thin and prone to scratches.

I also noticed there is a slight "grainy/fuzz" effect on the screen after I installed it. It's not as bad as those anti-matte screen protectors which seem to somewhat ruin the resolution visually. However, the Nexus 10 has the highest resolution among tablets in the current market, and this protector slightly diminishes the beautiful quality of the screen.

Overall it's definitely one of the better screen protectors for Nexus 10 (it should be, considering the price), but it's not perfect.

* Updated: The more I see my screen, the more grainy/fuzzy it looks. This is definitely not worth $22.

Skinomi® TechSkin - Google Nexus 10 Screen Protector Premium HD Clear Film with Lifetime Replacement Warranty / Ultra High Definition Invisible and Anti-Bubble Crystal Shield - Retail Packaging
Offered by Skinomi
Price: $19.95

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT for beginners, December 6, 2012
If this is your first time purchasing one of these "wet" screen protectors... I don't think it's a good idea to go with this product. If you still want to accept the challenge, may be order one more for safety.

Other reviewers seem to be experts in applying this screen protector, claiming it's "easy and quick." First of all, if this is your first time putting one of these "wet" films on your screen, trust me, it's not going to be "easy and quick."

The amount of solution you're suppose to "spray" on your screen, and the protector is not clear. So perhaps I may have sprayed less than I should have in fear of ruining my beautiful Nexus 10 screen. But, whatever the reason aligning the protector was difficult. Also, it's hard not to spill the solution to the speakers of Nexus 10 because the speakers are on the side. In addition, there is no cut-out hole for the "pulse" light of the device.
Not a big issue, but still weird...

After a day from completing this wet process... I now have terrible glue blotched condensation all over the screen with loads of air bubbles. The instructions say I should wait a day or two. I waited more than 24 hours and it has not gotten much better. The cloudy, glue blotched condensation/stain is still there.

So I finally removed the protector, and threw it out. There goes my $10. May be I should have waited for couple of days more... but with that horrible stain on my screen for 24 hours, I just couldn't wait longer. Fortunately, the removal did not leave any residues or marks on the screen. Thank God.

If you're a beginner like myself, I would suggest that you go with one of the "dry" screen protectors. Unfortunately, it is amazingly difficult find a decent "dry" screen protector for Nexus 10.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2013 10:53 PM PDT

i-Blason 2 Pack Screen Protectors for Google Nexus 10 Tablet 1 Clear (invisible) + 1 Matte (Anti-glare)

1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT a screen protector for Nexus 10, December 5, 2012
This is NOT a screen protector for Nexus 10. This is a screen protector for an Ipad, and the seller just stuck a sticker over the original name of the item without disclosing this in advance.

I was looking for a screen protector made specifically for the Nexus 10, with the right cuts and everything. So clearly, this product does not match what I was looking for. Why? As aforementioned, this is a protector for Ipad, not Nexus 10; So the item is too big, and NOT made with the right cuts to protect a Nexus 10.

I am very disappointed,and frustrated. The seller should have labeled this product "compatible with Nexus 10." This is a waste of time for both parties. So Nexus 10 users, this is NOT the right screen protector for you.

* Updated: I contacted Amazon, and they are giving me a refund. I'm still frustrated, but glad that Amazon immediately stepped in and help me out. Thank you!

NBA 2K13
NBA 2K13
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $9.75
30 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Vast improvement!, October 4, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: NBA 2K13 (Video Game)
I just got this game today, so this is my initial impression based solely on gameplay, graphics, visual effect and presentation. I heard this year's PC version lacks some gamemodes that are provided for the console version such as "my team" and other online based features. But I only play "season mode," so that doesn't feel like a big loss to me. Also, 2k decided to provide the all-star game, slam dunk contest, and 3 point shooting contest for only those who pre-ordered and pre-paid (this, by the way, is absolutely ridiculous). I personally don't care that much because as I said before I focus on playing the season mode. However, I wouldn't mind if 2K provided all the features it offers for console users. * Note to 2k: charge more and I'm sure PC users will pay for that extra features too.

NOTE: Personal beef with 2k12:
- I was such a huge fan of 2k11 that 2k12 was personally a huge disappointment. I couldn't bare playing the game until the official patch was released; AI kept holding on to the ball until the shot clock ran out, and hoisted bizarre 3 point shots that miraculously went in. Yes, you could adjust the sliders blah blah, but the gameplay was absolutely horrible. Even after the patch was released I never developed the "love" I had with 2k11. The movements of the players were awkward, the faces of the players were terrible (they all had this alien-like slippery skin texture), and the controls were... just weird.
- My initial impression with 2k13: This year's game is a vast improvement over 2k12 in almost all aspects. So far the game feels great, and I'm certain that I won't go back to 2k11.

1. PC requirements:
- I own a Dell XPS 15 with NVIDA 525M 1GM, and this game runs flawlessly on my laptop on "high" graphic settings.

2. Visual effects, graphics, and presentation:
- I'll keep this short because "seeing is believing." It's awesome. Players are more 3d rendered. They still have that slippery skin texture, but much better than 2k12. The movements and motions of the players are incredibly smooth.
- Oh, 2K came up with a new control: now you get to use the right stick for "free-style" dribbling and other things. So I think there'll be a learning curve for all of those who play this game.

3. Conclusion:
- Yes, I have yet to play the game in depth because I only got it today, but I'm pleasantly surprised that 2k13 is not a disaster like the 2k12.
- Not sure if an official patch will be released in the future, but so far the gameplay is not sloppy like the pre-patched version of 2k12. In fact, I can't really pinpoint a major flaw so far.
- If you're a NBA 2k fan, you won't regret buying this especially after the disaster of a game 2k offered last year. Good job, 2k!
- However, I do hope EA sports releases NBA Live next year so diehard basketball fans like myself have more options to play :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2012 11:53 PM PDT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect...except for the keyboards., June 12, 2010
I bought the T135-S1310 a month ago, and it's a FANTASTIC laptop; it's light, fast, and great looking.

I didn't want to get a netbook, because netbooks are awefully SLOW from my standard. I once borrowed a netbook from a friend (Toshiba NB35), which he had bought recently at the time, and it was even slower than my 5-year-old laptop! I know these netbooks are cheap and light with long-lasting batteries, but I personally don't like anything with an Atom processor. Too slow, especially when you're mutlitasking.

So if you want a "tweener" between a netbook and a laptop, the T135-S1310 is the answer. This small monster has all the attributes of a netbook and a full laptop; It's relatively light (1.7kg), fast, equipped with an almost 9-hour-lasting battery.

It's light enough for those who like to carry his/her laptop to work/school/Starbucks. The battery lasts almost 9 hours (in Eco-mode). The screen is crisp and clean. The pre-loading time is very short; turn it on, and it's VERY fast in reaching Windows 7. Also, it "wakes" up VERY fast from either sleep or hibernate mode.

Now, the downside of this small monster:
1. Glossy keyboard - great to look at, but as someone has mentioned in one of his/her reviews, you can literally do a finger print exam. Simply aweful if you're a picky person like me. I bought a universal keyboard skin, which is white and transparent, so it doesn't match with the black glossy keyboard. Aesthetically, it's AWEFUL. I hope Toshiba comes up with a black tinted keyboard skin like the one Apple has. So far, there doesn't seem to be a resolution for this problem. Plus, the typing "feel" is not so great.

2. Mousepad - it's a little stiff. I know it takes time to get used to a new computer, but from an objective standard, the mousepad could have been better. Both right and left buttons of the mousepad are relatively stiff.

3. Sound - Not so sure why people complain about this issue. Even if you don't change the setting to enhance the loudness of the sound, it's not bad at all. I don't know how loud people like to watch something or listen to music from their laptops, but the sound should not be a problem at all. So no need to worry about this from my opinion.

Other than these minor problems (the glossy keyboard is not so minor, though. I'm already getting tired of wiping off my finger prints left on the keyboards), this is a GREAT laptop. I don't regret buying this. For those of you who are planning to buy this product, you could also consider buying the S1330, because for some reason it's cheaper, but slightly better in overall performance. Don't buy the S1300 series with SU2700 because those are equipped with single core processors, which are significantly slower than the ones with SU4100 such as this one.

BlackBerry Curve 3G 9330 / 9300 / 8520 / 8530 Black Silicone Case, LCD Screen Guard / Protector & Car Charger Combo

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, May 13, 2010
I recently bought a Blackberry Curve 8530, and was in need of a cover to protect the phone. So I ordered this "combo" and it's excellent! Some people seem to be complaining about the quality of the LCD screen guard, but I had absolutely no problem with it. Just make sure you don't leave your fingerprints on the adhesive side when you place it over your screen. If you pay a little attention, this should not be a difficult job at all.

The silicone case is in excellent condition and fits perfectly with my Blackberry.

I haven't tried the car charger yet, but hey if it charges, I don't think I'll have a problem.

I don't think you can get anything better in this price range. I strongly recommend this!