Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale
Profile for DigitalMan > Reviews

Browse

DigitalMan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 91

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DigitalMan RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Best Pet Supplies BPS Coral Fleece Tent for Pets, X-Large, Tan
Best Pet Supplies BPS Coral Fleece Tent for Pets, X-Large, Tan
Price: $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Our VERY LARGE CATS are very happy! Great quality!, December 30, 2015
We have two VERY LARGE cats (one is almost 19lbs!) who love to hide & nap inside boxes with towels partially covering the opening, but having cardboard boxes with towels on them in the living room had become kind of an annoying eye-sore, so we started shopping for kitty beds. After realizing that all of the "kitty" beds were shown with very small cats (or kittens) in them we knew they weren't going to work, so we decided to try these doggy beds in Extra Large size. WOW... GREAT decision!

PROS:

- REALLY nice quality materials. Soft but very strong, good stiching.
- LOTS of room for our huge cats (we found out very quickly they can both fit in one even though we got them each their own lol).
- The machine-washable and removable pillow are great factors for keeping things nice & clean smelling.
- Fair price. At the time of purchase we paid $35 each on here for the Extra Large, and they're way better quality than all the other "pet beds" we checked out in the $30 - $60 range at the pet store.
- Soft enough to squish into a small storage space, yet still sturdy enough to consistently hold their shape when opened.
- Looks great in any room of the house (something I can't say for cardboard boxes and other cheaper pet beds we've tried).
- No strong chemical odors. There was only a very slight / faint smell from the plastic wrap, and we just let them sit on the closet shelf overnight before introducing them to the cats and that did the trick.

CONS:
Can't think of any!

Our cats took to these immediately and absolutely love them!

It seemed like a lot to spend on such a thing, but now we see these are well worth the price of $35 (Prime, at the time we purchase). We could have gone with a smaller size as well - the Extra Large is more room than our big guys even needed, so now they always have the option to cuddle nap together in one when they want to with plenty of room.

Very good purchase! 5-Stars from us, 4-Paws Up from our cats! :-)

Zippo Flexneck Utility Lighter,Silver
Zippo Flexneck Utility Lighter,Silver
Offered by Stealth Rabbit
Price: $15.37
25 used & new from $12.86

3.0 out of 5 stars A couple flaws make this 5-star lighter a 3-star for me., December 30, 2015
Instead of repeating all the great things from other reviews about this lighter, I'll get to the point of why this really nice high-quality lighter only gets 3 stars from me - two issues:

1. Almost never lights on the first push. Typically 2 - 3 clicks to get it to light.

2. Very difficult for both me and my wife to push the trigger and safety button at the same time. The trigger is stiff to press, the large handle makes it awkward to reach the safety button on the opposite side of the thumb-slide trigger, and the metal finish itself (which is actually quite nice) makes it slippery to try to grip / push the trigger with one hand.

It IS a really nice high-quality lighter, that's for sure! Even the extreme overly large size of the handle doesn't bother me much.

It's just too hard / awkward to trigger :-(

Samsonite Bonded Leather Attache (Black)
Samsonite Bonded Leather Attache (Black)
Price: $65.79
33 used & new from $44.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent briefcase for the price!, December 30, 2015
I'm surprised at the number of negative reviews I see for this briefcase. At $59 it's nicer and better quality than the $179 briefcase I had for years that finally wore out.

I've been using this for a couple months now and everything about it seems way higher quality than what I expected for a sub-$100 case. The hardware is sturdy, the outside is well-seamed and soft, and it's a very nice looking case. Nothing about it feels cheap at all to me, and it looks like it would be a $200 briefcase easily.

Really nice and very happy with this purchase!

Design Toscano Skelly Claus II Holiday Skeleton Ornament: Set of Three
Design Toscano Skelly Claus II Holiday Skeleton Ornament: Set of Three
Price: $29.88
7 used & new from $27.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, awesome ornament for a biker Christmas!, December 19, 2015
I just purchased a set of 3 of these Design Toscano Skelly Claus II Holiday Skeleton Ornaments and now I know why they were a little pricey.

Very high quality! Very detailed and accurate to the photo in the description.

They're solid resin, not hollow, which does make them a little on the heavy side but also durable and gives them the high quality feel.

The size/weight in the description is accurate - 2.5"L x 2.5"W x 2.5"H Weight: 0.25 lbs (4 ounces) - so basically a just bit smaller than a baseball in the palm of your hand, and at a bit lighter too. (A baseball is approx 2.9 inches and 5.25 ounces).

Good size to really stand out on a Christmas tree and still light enough most trees with good branches. Definitely fine for fake trees with wire branches.

AWESOME gift for anyone who is into skulls and a perfect ornament for the bikers in your family!

GE Lighting 22235 Energy-Smart LED 18-watt, 1500-Lumen PAR38 Bulb with Medium Base, Daylight, 1-Pack
Offered by Proficuus
Price: $27.61
16 used & new from $26.50

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT a true floodlight. More like narrow spotlight., December 7, 2015
Not a floodlight. More like spotlight.

I just purchased two of these GE Lighting 22235 Energy-Smart LED 18-watt, 1500-Lumen PAR38 Bulb with Medium Base, Daylight model bulbs to replace the old floodlights in the floodlight fixture over my garage.

I bought them primarily because they specifically state *OUTDOOR FLOODLIGHT* right on the packaging AND in the Amazon product details.

Unfortunately the description on the package image & product details shown here when I placed my order are misleading. This is not a wide-beam true floodlight. The beam you get is a fairly narrow spotlight.

PROS:
- The housing seem extremely well made and "weatherproof" high quality.
- Super bright light for night time driveway work, such as snow removal.
- Instant full brightness immediately when it turns on. No need for "warm up" like CFL's need.
- Low power draw saves money over traditional bulbs.

CONS:
- Inaccurate item description - Not true floodlight. More like narrow spotlight.
- When used in a 2-lamp outdoor floodlight fixture over garage, you get two spotlight beams pointing off to right and left, leaving dark unlit are in center of driveway, unlike true floodlights which have a beam wide enough overlap even on a 2-lamp floodlight fixture. This is a major issue for anyone using a common 2-lamp floodlight fixture.

Summary - if this were an actual FLOODLIGHT I would give it 5 Stars easily! But item is not as described - its a spotlight. :-(
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2015 11:13 AM PST

Evecase Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Sleeve, Premium Neoprene Sleeve Case Travel Carrying Storage Computer Bag for Dell Inspiron 11 3000 i3148-6840sLV/ i3147-3750sLV / i3137-5003sLV, 3751sLV 11.6-Inch 2 in 1 Convertible Touchscreen Laptop Ulrtabook (Black)
Offered by BlueMall
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Dell Inspiron 11 "2-in-1", November 13, 2015
Absolute perfect fit for Dell Inspiron 3148 (11 inch 2-in-1 laptop).

Fits snug (but not too snug) - just right, with a little room left for some cables or what have you. Easy to slide the system in and out of, but not loose.

Feels very well made. Soft on the inside. Very well cushioned for a sleeve. I would dare say I think this would handle 3 to 4 foot drop with no damage to the system (I wouldn't test that, but I'm just saying - it really feels that protective.

Well worth it!

Skull Shaver Stand
Skull Shaver Stand
Offered by Skull Shaver
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even worth 9 bucks, sadly., November 13, 2015
This review is from: Skull Shaver Stand (Misc.)
You know that feeling in your gut that's telling you this cheap plastic thing is going to disappoint you even for the price? Well.. trust your gut!

I understand we can't expect much for 9 bucks, but this thing is useless.

I own a Bald Eagle Smart shaver for men and this stand doesn't hold it place well at all. The shaver doesn't seat well in it, slides off, cheap light plastic tips over easily with top-heavy shaver on it.

If you want to pay $9 to watch your $130 shaver fall into the sink and blade heads snap off, buy this.

Aquanil HC Lotion 4 fl oz.
Aquanil HC Lotion 4 fl oz.
Offered by AmericaRx
Price: $18.00
11 used & new from $16.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on my dermatitis better than everything else I've tried., June 30, 2015
This review is from: Aquanil HC Lotion 4 fl oz. (Misc.)
This stuff is a life-saver. I can't believe I'm able to simply get dressed and go out in public now without worrying about red-spotted inflamed flaking skin around my face and head. I'm a bald guy with a tough case of seborrheic dermatitis (about the face, brow, ears, and scalp) and I've tried a TON of solutions over the years.

Over the past 15 years I've tried prescriptions like Desonide and Avar from my dermatologist, and even over the counter shampoos with Tea Tree oil and Selenium (despite being bald, with hopes that it would still work on my scalp skin), extremely mild soaps and lotions like "Simple" and "Eucerin" and many other "solutions".

None of those have worked anywhere near as good as this Aquanil HC stuff which I stumbled across while reading some blogs about Dermatitis treatment solutions.

I was thinking "ok here we go again..." ... you know, thinking I'm going to try yet another lotion and it will fail like the rest, but this stuff surprised me. It does an excellent job at curbing my dermatitis, without making my skin burn or flare up with red blotches. It has really made my skin so smooth for the first time in almost 2 decades and I just can't believe it. I can go be with a group of friends now or even just go to the store without hiding behind my sunglasses and thinking everyone is staring at my messed up skin.

I can't believe no doctor or dermatologist ever thought to recommend this to me.

If you're reading this right now I know you've probably suffered through years the way I have, and I'm happy to say this works really well for me, so maybe it will work for you!

EDIT - I see that so far "1 out of 2" people found this review helpful. I can't help but wonder what that other 1 person found so unhelpful about my review. I'm simply reporting my experience with this product and explaining how it has worked for me.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2016 10:03 PM PST

Skull Shaver Rinse Stand
Skull Shaver Rinse Stand
Offered by Skull Shaver
Price: $19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed. Doesn't rinse or clean well., June 30, 2015
This review is from: Skull Shaver Rinse Stand (Misc.)
Disappointed. Doesn't hold enough water or rinse clean.

UPDATE - I wrote the original review below just yesterday June 30th 2015, bought this rinse stand on June 9th, it arrived on June 12th and today the plastic hinges on the plastic chrome piece literally just wore out. Seriously - 3 weeks of use and the hinge wears out / stops clasping properly. (And no, the plastic tabs are not broken, simply not gripping). So the one thing that it was actually good for - using as a stand - is now off list of any pros I could think of. I would NOT recommend this product considering this and the other issues I wrote about below.

Along the lines of what another reviewer wrote; I can confirm the following problems with it:

- Does not do well for cleaning my Bald Eagle Smart shaver. The container is so small that a single rinse doesn't work, and leaves tiny bits of stubble in and on the blades / shaver heads. Using this "rinse stand" requires running through the normal process of rinsing several times, plus also having to rinse / wipe the shaver heads off again.

- Whatever type of plastic they used for the basin simply attracts tiny stubble and it clings to it like glue. There is no such thing as "simply rinsing" with this product. No matter what you do, rinse with cold or hot or even soap, you're not getting the stubble buildup out of this thing without thoroughly wiping it out.

Those might seem like minor inconveniences until you think about this - the idea behind this product was to make the cleaning process of our shaver easier. Instead it does the opposite and simply using a glass of water works a million times better / faster / more efficient. This unit is high-maintenance - the opposite of what we invested in these shavers for.

The only good thing I can say is that it's a nice stand for keeping your shaver at the sink and blades in the air.

Jokari Cocina Collection E-Z Fill Taco Stands, 4-Pack
Jokari Cocina Collection E-Z Fill Taco Stands, 4-Pack
Offered by homemart
Price: $7.99
9 used & new from $4.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but awesome! Stable on a plate, makes taco time more fun., February 19, 2015
I know we're talking about a simple cheap plastic product here, but what a difference they make for our taco night experience. These are the first stands out of all we've tried that actually stay sitting stable on a plate without tipping over, and it's so much better to line-up and fill several tacos at once without them flopping all over the plate and spilling out. Enables quick filling of your tacos which means you get to the fun part much faster - eating them! :-) Very happy with these, and now our old metal taco rack just sits in the cabinet because these are so much more versatile than a wide wire rack that requires a large plate. Love 'em!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10