Profile for DigitalMan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 77

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DigitalMan RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Mitchum Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant Clear Gel, Sport, 2.25 oz (63 g) (Pack of 6)
Price: $8.14
15 used & new from $8.14

1.0 out of 5 stars New formula is terrible! Runny, leaks, sticks to shirt, promotes odor., September 12, 2014
Wow, what the hell happened? This stuff was the best for years.

I think my subject line really covers it, but for the sake of review...

I've been using Mitchum for men gel for about 8 years or more and it was excellent. The gel went on clean and dried fast and really did it's job well. In fact I had a really hard time finally finding a deodorant/anti-perspirant that actually worked well for me and didn't feel uncomfortable.

Well I just opened the new pack I had under my bathroom sink last week (I always stock ahead via Amazon) and right away something was different.

This new formula is super runny and leaks right out of the container when you tip it. It makes my shirts stick to my skin. And I think it actually generates BO where there was none before!

Really sucks, going to be tough to find a replacement. What were they thinking?

ExOfficio Men's Give-N-Go Boxer Brief,Black,Large
ExOfficio Men's Give-N-Go Boxer Brief,Black,Large
Price: Click here to see our price
16 used & new from $13.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for desk-jockey's and IT people too!, September 6, 2014
I'm not an athlete or a hiker and I don't ride a bike, but these have changed my life and every day comfort. I work in IT support and I ride a desk & chair for long shifts almost every day, sometimes upwards of 18 hours and sometimes can only take short breaks for restroom or food.

As any other long-shift desk-jockey like me can tell you (especially if their chair sucks) - the wrong underwear can result in a really miserable uncomfortable daily experience. Chafing, itching, excess sweat, overall irritation.

Before I discovered these I was strictly a Tommy Hilfiger boxer-brief guy. I tried everything from low cost Hanes to high cost Hilfigers and until I found ExOfficio the only ones that didn't "ride-up" on me were the Hilfigers, which are nice, but the fabric on the Hilfigers is so thick that they generate & retain excess moisture.

These ExOfficios are a total game changer for me! Simply the best boxer briefs I've ever tried.

- Super comfortable, smooth silky feel for no chafing
- Very light, but still keep everything in place
- Way less sweating, way less moisture generation than any other
- Hold their shape and don't "ride-up" on the legs like most others
- Easy wash & quick dry
- Sturdy and long-lasting material that doesn't "thin-out" in crucial spots like most others
- Size is very accurate in my experience (I wear large and have 37" waist)

Yes they're pricey but if you shop wisely you can snag them on here for about $16 with free shipping (and Prime) depending on the color and size you want.

Been replacing all of my others with these gradually over the course of a year whenever I can spare another 16 bucks here & there.

Highly recommend these to my fellow desk-jockeys out there! At least you can keep yourself in comfort while dealing with uncomfortable calls at your helpdesk :-)

DOOMED Crystal Skull Shotglass
DOOMED Crystal Skull Shotglass
Offered by DX(HK)
Price: $3.69
89 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and functional! Look great, price is right!, September 6, 2014
These are an excellent gimmick and fun gift. Quite functional and great for doing a shot with entertainment value.

PROS:
- Look just as cool in person if not better, definitely an unmistakable skull shape
- Lightweight and easy to filll
- Makes for a fun moment , great when used to signify a "special" drink or toast
- Great for lovers of Skull designs and collectors of unique drinkware
- Great price for what you get!

As far as CONS go, I'm listing these but this is being *really picky* and MINOR / TRIVIAL stuff in my opinion:
- The glass is thin and therefore these are delicate. (Handle with care and you'll be fine.)
- If you put them in the dishwasher naturally the underside fills up with water because its hollow. (just rinse them out good and wipe before putting in cabinet).

Simply put - fun, inexpensive, collectible, celebratory, cool item for many reasons / occasions.

Zenith Products 7803SS Bathstyles Over-the-Shower Door Caddy, Chrome
Zenith Products 7803SS Bathstyles Over-the-Shower Door Caddy, Chrome
Price: $19.99
29 used & new from $17.99

2.0 out of 5 stars RUSTS FAST - in less than 11 months, September 6, 2014
The design is decent but the cheap coated metal rusts very fast.

We purchased two for two different showers in the house with different levels of usage and exposure to water, an both rusted in under 11 months. We have good good quality water from a well and we use a Culligan treatment system as well, so the cause is not an excess of minerals or anomalies in our water, and no rust on any other fixtures in the showers.

We just noticed that the Zenith has since come out with another version of this and in the description they put "no-rust longevity" but of course, that one is $50 instead of $20. Shady.

BOTTOM LINE - CHEAP, CONVENIENT, * RUSTS FAST * , NOT WORTH DAMAGING YOUR SHOWER / TUB WITH RUST STAINS. If you like spending $20 on a throwaway item every 10 months then this is for you. If you don't like wasting money and if you're concerned about rust stains, stay away from this product.

We're now on the hunt for high quality plastic replacement since we don't trust Zenith regarding these anymore.

Move
Move
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic UNIQUE rock songs with a twist!, July 25, 2014
This review is from: Move (MP3 Music)
This is a great versatile rock album with a lot of surprises and good writing. The mix is clear and crisp, and the guitarist (Matthias Eklundh) has a one-of-a-kind sound and unique playing style. His guitar work will get the attention and likely astound most players, but at the same time his guitar tricks do not overshadow the songs. The lyrics are well written and have substance. The compositions are carefully thought out and flow very smoothly. Definitely exciting and unique material that runs the gamut from technical passages, to subtle breaks, to straight ahead hard rock. And even though the album is a bit older now, the songs and the sound stand up to everything modern (and it sounds very modern, very well produced). The vocals are good and controlled, they work with the melody lines quite well, and there's no growling going on here - a mix of smooth and heavy rock vocals nicely done.

I love it and think it's something everyone should hear. You don't have to be a musician to enjoy the playful witty songs, but it will definitely satisfy any musicians hunger for something new and unique to sink their teeth into on the heavy side.

LapGear 45013 Purple Student Lapdesk
LapGear 45013 Purple Student Lapdesk
Offered by Titan Direct
Price: Click here to see our price
3 used & new from $19.42

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great, but cheap and gets job done OK for occasional use., July 25, 2014
I bought this to set a few 15 inch laptop / notebook computers on to give a heat barrier between the computers and my lap or any surface that is sensitive to heat.

CONS:
- The desk itself is fairly thin cheap plastic and it bends a lot. Not very stable surface at all.
- The two bean bag cushions under it make it even more unstable on a lap because they shift and become uneven.
- You can feel that the plastic top will be susceptible to easy cracking / breaking.
- If you intend to use this under a laptop computer that is top-heavy, it will shift and rock on your lap, not very stable.

PROS:
- A cheap solution for OCCASIONAL use when you just need something quick to set on.
- Small and light, making it easy to store and grab & go.
- It does indeed fit just about any 15 inch laptop computer perfectly, and it will keep the hot underside of your computer from touching your legs or other sensitive surfaces.

SUMMARY:
This is obviously not a great solution for a laptop computer (in fact it's not really marketed as such) but it DOES do the job in a pinch if your just looking for a cheap quick occasional use lap desk. It would also be good for kids that you know are just going to ruin something expensive anyway. I'm fine with the purchase because it's only used for certain occasions. If you're looking for a good sturdy stable lap desk for doing long sessions of work on, skip this and spend the extra money to get a real quality lap desk meant for that purpose.

Safe-Touch Disposable Latex Exam Gloves, Powder-Free, Size Large, Box/100
Safe-Touch Disposable Latex Exam Gloves, Powder-Free, Size Large, Box/100
Offered by SET 4 BABY
Price: $9.39
21 used & new from $7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kitchen and food work too!, May 18, 2014
I do a lot of slicing and packaging of food for my freezer and I really dislike handling some raw meats, so for me these make excellent "kitchen and cooking" gloves. Great for handling / packaging meats, making meatballs, and other messy kitchen tasks.

So far I've been lucky that the size has been consistent - I'm a man with large hands and I've ordered size Large 3 times so far and each time they fit almost perfect (just a tiny bit tight, but that's OK.. if I went XL then they'd probably tiny bit loose).

Serves my purpose way better than those cheap clear lose-fitting kitchen gloves out there, and much sturdier than cheap kitchen gloves too!

Very happy with these.

SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post
SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post
Price: $35.45
16 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicer and Taller than most! BUT a couple of small critcisms worth mentioning, February 7, 2014
There are some great things about this scratching post, and a couple things that might not be obvious that some people will want to know.

Some of the "pros" will also be "cons" for some of you.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT:

- VERY tall! Almost twice as tall as most others I've seen & bought. My cats are BIG and this is the first post that lets them fully stretch.

- As scratch posts go, this is well made. The materials feel stronger than most others I've purchased and the sisal is MUCH more tightly knit together than the standard "rope in a circle" posts. This unit looks and feels like it is tightly carpeted rather than wound.

- Easy assembly. Although it still arrives in a few pieces and requires assembly with a couple of screws (like most do) it is very easy to put together. All you need is a screw driver and about 2 minutes, done.

- Appearance (the good part). This looks much nicer in a living room than the common circular / rope post. It looks more like a piece of furniture meant for a living room.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE AS MUCH ABOUT IT (and this is being really picky):

- The wood used doesn't look like real wood (as it did in some of the photos when I purchased it). It is clearly particle-board with some varnish coating.

- Appearance (the not so good part) - The pictures in the description (at the time I bought it) did not clearly show the VERY obvious seam down the middle of two sides and ALSO through the base. The base is two separate pieces of wood, and after assembly the seams are very visible and very pronounced. Also; there are two VERY visible screws / holes on the top piece of wood. These facts take a bit away from the otherwise really nice appearance. At first I was very disappointed about the seams and the screw-holes at the top being so visible, but I kind of got over it fairly quickly.

- The sisal fiber is very slick - as if coated, with kind of a "plastic" sort of feel to it, rather than the usual raw non-coated sisal rope feel of a common cat scratch post.

- The sisal fiber coating is so tight against it that at first it seems it's not obvious to some cats that it's meant for the same thing. They have a harder time digging their claws into it than plain sisal rope.

UP FOR DEBATE / WILL VARY:

- It's easy to tell that some cats will not take to this like a common scratch post. My cats were unsure of it at first when I replaced it into their old common post spot. For the first 5 days I was really worried that they weren't going to use it, but after that they started to (phew!). We have now had this for about 28 days, and during the past 16 days they've started to use it more.

- For some folks the large size of this might not be suitable. It caught me a bit off-guard, but fortunately we had a good spot for it. For some of you it might not be practical due to the sheer size. It takes up considerably more space than most common posts.

- Don't throw your old post away just yet. I'd recommend putting your old one in a different room so your cats still have that to go to if they don't like the unusual coating and pattern of the sisal (and in case they don't like the slick wood base as opposed to carpeted ones).

- You could possibly hide the screws in the top by placing some kind of decoration on it (maybe a vase) but then you take the chance of your cats getting bonked over the head with whatever you set on the top, as the surface is slick / varnished particle board.

- I think the coated sisal fiber and it's pattern make it harder for cats to get their claws in and do what they would naturally do with the common sisal rope types. (My cats, however, are adapting).

SUMMARY:

This is clearly a higher quality post than most and it's obvious why it is a bit pricey. It is really nice! On the other hand, I think a bit more could have been done to hide the seams and that the screws in the top. As long as you realize that the seams are very visible, and that it is much larger than "normal", and that you're taking a gamble on whether or not your cats will like it, I'd say give it a try. It's definitely nice, but maybe not exactly what some folks might be expecting in terms of appearance and materials. Ultimately my cats get to decide; and they have decided they'll use it and we were "allowed" to replace the old fashioned post with this. But we still have the old one in another room, and they still go to that instead sometimes. Overall I'm happy with the purchase.

* I've taken some detailed photos to post if Amazon will let me add them to Customer Photos on this listing. It didn't offer the option before I started typing this, but maybe it will allow me to after this review is approved. If not, then I'd say there are some things about it that someone doesn't want you to see before you buy it ;-)

The Winery Dogs
The Winery Dogs
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars surprised and amazed! but not for the usual reasons, September 13, 2013
This review is from: The Winery Dogs (MP3 Music)
Great sound and some of the best rock n roll I've heard in years! Very well written songs in a mixed bag of tricks. Lots of soul and everything from straight ahead balls out rock to heartfelt very moving ballads. You can't lose with these guys / this album!

When I heard who the lineup was going to be I was expecting a bunch of over the top epic noodling.

Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be an entire album full of just very well done songs that are accessible to anyone.

I hear (what should be) at least 2 big radio hits on here. In fact, the songs "Elevate" and "I'm no angel" are both better than anything on the airwaves.

Love it!

Axis of All Things
Axis of All Things
4 used & new from $10.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling and fresh and inspiring!, June 3, 2013
This review is from: Axis of All Things (Audio CD)
After first hearing Chris' original release "The Master Plan" almost a decade ago, this CD was a long awaited and much anticipated release for me.

To be honest I was a little worried that I might not be as stoked about it as I was with his first release since so much time had passed, but after just the first listen my worries were immediately put to rest.

IMO, this album takes the term "guitar virtuoso" to newer, less cliche' level. Once again Chris focuses on melody and composition which are really important factors, but his accuracy with such clean playing on the faster more complex riffs really stands out to me. I love the fact that nothing seems "forced" about the playing on these tracks, and it has a more organic feel than his original release.

Above all, Chris manages to take a genre of music that is often overlooked these days and makes it fresh. You don't have to be an old guitar-slinger to enjoy this stuff (but if you are then it will double your enjoyment of what you hear!). This CD is quite easily the bridge between the "guitar hero" generation of music fans and today's younger music fans. Though the music will especially reach out to muso types, you could easily spin some tracks from this at a party with younger generations and literally watch them stop and listen as if to say "whoa! what's this?".

Excellent musicianship all the way around, and in regard to Chris' skills, well, I would rank him up there with the more well-known household names of Vai and Satch and that lot. Dude is simply amazing...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8