Profile for DigitalMan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 82

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DigitalMan RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Jokari Cocina Collection E-Z Fill Taco Stands, 4-Pack
Jokari Cocina Collection E-Z Fill Taco Stands, 4-Pack
Price: $7.05
5 used & new from $4.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but awesome! Stable on a plate, makes taco time more fun., February 19, 2015
I know we're talking about a simple cheap plastic product here, but what a difference they make for our taco night experience. These are the first stands out of all we've tried that actually stay sitting stable on a plate without tipping over, and it's so much better to line-up and fill several tacos at once without them flopping all over the plate and spilling out. Enables quick filling of your tacos which means you get to the fun part much faster - eating them! :-) Very happy with these, and now our old metal taco rack just sits in the cabinet because these are so much more versatile than a wide wire rack that requires a large plate. Love 'em!

Panasonic ES8103S Arc3 Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Nanotech Blades for Men
Panasonic ES8103S Arc3 Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Nanotech Blades for Men
Price: $76.99
86 used & new from $61.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 years of excellent shaves with Panasonic ES8103S, February 19, 2015
I got 5 PERFECT years out of this unit. I purchased my Panasonic ES8103S right here on Amazon in January 2010 and it has worked excellent up until just yesterday February 19, 2015 when it suddenly stopped taking a charge. You do have to replace the outer foils and inner blades about once a year to keep getting a good smooth shave with no tugging and as of the time of this post you can buy the replacement foil/blade set - Panasonic WES9013PC - for about $34. Been very happy with it and like I said - it worked perfectly for 5 years, held charge well, charged fast, shaved great for cordless electric. I'm actually kind of surprised that it just suddenly stopped charging yesterday out of the blue. I've dropped it several times over the past 5 years but not recently. Whether you think 5 years is a good run or not is up to individual opinion. For me - for the price of the unit and yearly foil/blade replacement, it sure saved me a ton of money on traditional blades and has been a very convenient / quick part of my daily grooming, so I'm not too disappointed in the 5 year span I got from it.

FACE / NECK SHAVING EXPERIENCE - I use this for dry shaving my face and neck with no pre-shave products, and it only took about a week for my skin to get used to it. During the first week of use I did get some minor irritation on my neck area under chin and around adam's apple, but after that it was smooth sailing. It gives a smooth shave as close as you can for an electric. Fast, light, and comfortable. Just be sure to replace the foil/blade every 12 months which you can get here on Amazon - kit Panasonic WES9013PC.

TRIMMER EXPERIENCE - The trimmer on this Panasonic ES8103S is VERY small (but also very sharp) and in my experience easy to make a mistake with. I personally find the trimmer on this too small and awkward for trimming around my beard/mustache. I've resorted to buying a wider cordless trimmer with "guides" to use in addition to this. As a shaver this unit is great, but for me personally the trimmer on it is placed in too awkward of a spot to trim with because the tiny trimmer sticks out of the side which makes it very hard to see exactly what I'm trimming with it.

FOR BALD HEAD / SKULL SHAVING - I shave my head bald and and from my experience - it's great for face, but NOT so great for top of head / skull. Some reviewers here say it works good on their skull so I guess this is subjective to individual skin / hair types. If you want a good cordless shaver for both head and face, check out the Bald Eagle by Skull Shaver here on Amazon. While this Panasonic ES8103S gives a better face / neck shave under the chin, the Skull Shaver Bald Eagle does a better job for skull / entire head (especially for getting around ears and easily reaching around to do back of head and neck). If you do decide to get this Panasonic ES8103S and plan to use it on a bald head, then be prepared to by replacement foils/blades every 6 months because top of head stubble is tough and will dull the Panasonic ES8103S blades quickly.

CHARGING and OTHER FEATURES - This thing charges FAST and held the charge well over past 5 years of daily use. The LED indicator is very easy to read and makes it very obvious how much charge you have left. I only have to charge it about once a week and the shave is great all the way down to 10% of battery charge. The unit is very lightweight and the rubber grip is comfortable to hold at all angles. The ability to lock the head or switch it to pivot mode comes in handy for different areas of neck and face. The buttons to pop the foil cover off and dump stubble / rinse the blades are easy to press and make your daily routine quick & simple!

OVERALL - You can't go wrong with this shaver for fast dry close face/neck shave. It's reliable, portable, comfortable, high quality, and super easy to clean / super easy to replace the foil and blade. I will not hesitate to buy another and I definitely recommend it!

The Fifth Element [HD]
The Fifth Element [HD]
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most fun and entertaining movies ever made, even 20 years later!, January 31, 2015
There are already so many complex in-depth reviews about very detailed aspects of this film that I've decided to take a chance on a different approach since I'm just now posting this review in 2015, many years after it has been reviewed thousands of times.

Here goes...

I'm not one to watch a movie more than once. I don't collect DVD's and for whatever reason I just don't care to watch the same movie over and over.

But THIS movie I've watched more than a dozen times over the past 16+ years since it debuted! Not even intentionally!

It is SO much fun and entertaining that if I happen to be flipping through channels and it's on, I simply get sucked right into it and can't stop, have to watch it to the end again!

Packed with action, humor, sci-fi goodness, impossible situations, gunfights, chases, a slight touch of love, and even an amazing musical / vocal performance from blue alien woman... and amazing graphics for it's time, almost 20 YEARS LATER this movie STILL stands up to just about anything still coming to the screen (and even still surpasses over half of the flicks of it's kind released in recent times).

No offense to anyone at all, but I just can't imagine someone not absolutely 100% totally enjoying this awesome flick! Personally I consider an all-time top charting sci-fi "must see". I wish every movie was this entertaining. :-)

Tamarac by Slippers International 7161 Men's Camper Moccasin,Tan,10 M US
Tamarac by Slippers International 7161 Men's Camper Moccasin,Tan,10 M US
Price: $28.26
4 used & new from $28.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but size runs small and NARROW, December 29, 2014
The overall value for the price (I paid approx $28 here on Amazon) for these great. Plenty of good things to say, but a few critiques...

One thing worth mentioning right up-front - IF YOU HAVE WIDE FEET like me then you'll find that these are very narrow and will feel very tight when you first put them on. But I took a chance that they would stretch and sure enough, after wearing them around the house for just a few days they do indeed stretch enough to fit my feet comfortably.

They also seem to run a bit short on length compared to other similar footwear.

When I received mine I was worried that I'd have to return them and search for something else, but I took a chance and exchanged them for the next size up and it worked out fine. Exchanging for one size larger than I would normally wear took care of the length issue and then wearing them for several days took care of the width issue as they quickly stretched to fit width.

They do seem to have a strong synthetic scent right from the start which I'm hoping will fade in time. (One suggestion I received and will try is to sprinkle baking soda inside them and let them sit for a day or two without wearing them and then tamping the backing soda out before starting to wear them again).

As others have mentioned, the "laces" or "ties" do feel rigid and come undone. Unless you're a knot-wizard (clearly I'm not) it's very hard to figure out how to tie them back in place the way they were. It's not a normal tie / knot that is used, and so right now I have one moc that is tied perfect and the tie stays in place, while the other that I tried tying like a normal shoe just keeps coming undone. Annoying, but doesn't have much overall effect as far as wear and comfort for me.

Now, comparing them to the much more expensive LL Bean's I've had for a couple years:

- They are more snug than the LLB's , which is not a deal-breaker for me and they do stretch / loosen up a bit after some wear.

- The don't feel quite as soft as the LLB's - just slightly less luxurious feeling, but still fine and not a big deal

- The outer bottom / sole on these have a slightly stiffer / plastic feel , whereas the expensive LLB's outer sole is a distinguishably softer rubber. Again, not a big issue, but these do make more noise when walking around on linoleum or wood floors (which I only bring up because I'm up and around the house at odd hours when wife is sleeping so I have found myself trying to step a bit lighter in the kitchen late at night).

- The laces on these feel like a thick rigid fake naugahyde and difficult to re-tie, whereas the laces on my LLB's are softer more natural feeling, not quite as think and easier to re-tie to stay in place.

- Considering the price difference (at the time I purchased, these were $20 cheaper than the LLB's I'm comparing to) I think these stand up fairly well in comparison and are priced right.

OVERALL SUMMARY - Very good slipper mocs for the $25 - $35 (total) price range, plenty sturdy for indoor and outdoor wear, warm and comfy once broken-in. Only minor issues if we're being picky for sake of the review, but definitely a good value. If I was going to spend more than $35 then I'd go for a pair of LL Bean's instead, but for under $30 these are quite good!

Tenergy Centura AAA Low Self-Discharge LSD NiMH Rechargeable Batteries, 1 Card 4xAAA
Offered by LIFE DEALS
Price: $7.00
3 used & new from $6.29

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't work or charge in Sennheiser RS120 Wireless Headphones, October 26, 2014
Purchased these for our Sennheiser RS120 Wireless Headphones and they will not work or charge in the headphones in the charging stand.

The batteries themselves do work for some devices - I tested them in our TV remote and they work in that with no problem.

So I tested some other brands of rechargeable batteries (Energizer rechargeable and GP) in our Sennheiser RS120 Wireless Headphones and both other brands work fine.

Really disappointed and baffled that these don't work in one of the most common headphone sets in existance :-(

Motorola Eco Friendly Dual Port USB Charger Bulk Packaging (Black)
Motorola Eco Friendly Dual Port USB Charger Bulk Packaging (Black)
Offered by PNE Enterprises, Inc.
Price: $3.85
12 used & new from $2.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for multiple devices, fits nicely on a power strip without hogging space., October 3, 2014
PROS:

- Fits very nicely on most modern power strips and outlets without blocking access to adjacent plugs.

- Perfectly charges all of my Motorola devices including several models of Droid (Droid MAXX, RAZR MAXX, MAXX HD etc...) and also my Motorola Bluetooth headsets.

- Charge two devices at once.

- I've used it for charging other brands and devices - everything from other mobile devices and headsets to e-cig vaporizers etc...

CONS:

- None!

Fresh 'n Flush By Wet Ones Personal Hygiene Wipes Refill, 48-Count (Pack of 6)
Fresh 'n Flush By Wet Ones Personal Hygiene Wipes Refill, 48-Count (Pack of 6)
Offered by CosmeticRX
Price: $56.99
2 used & new from $56.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, insane price hike, don't flush if you have septic tank!, October 3, 2014
These wipes are great for added personal hygiene but the recent price hike is insane. They used to be $20 for a pack of 6 (total 288 wipes) until just recently and now they're to $60!

Going to try the Equate brand also sold here on Amazon - same amount, similar product, same type of resealable package - currently $18 at Equate Flushable Wipes 6-pack 288ct) Compare to Cottonelle Fresh Flushable Wipe

NOTE - ALTHOUGH THEY SAY FLUSHABLE, DO NOT FLUSH IF YOU HAVE A SEPTIC TANK. They are chemically / biologically safe, BUT - they will NOT break down and dissolve over time. What they will do is rise to the top of what is called the "mat" inside of your septic tank and will eventually clog your leach field. (For those who don't know - the leach field is the set of septic drain pipes that are underground connected at the top of a septic tank that allow the surface overflow of your septic tank to drain out into the ground, and if you clog your leach field septic drain pipes you're in for very costly repairs and probably a disgusting backup experience in your home).

Flushing might not be an issue for dwellings with city sewer systems, but for homes on private land with your own septic tank flushing anything like these is a mistake!

Great product though, for people who like to stay extra-clean.

Mitchum Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant Clear Gel, Sport, 2.25 oz (63 g) (Pack of 6)
Offered by Best Buy New York
Price: $16.37
18 used & new from $15.47

1.0 out of 5 stars New formula is terrible! Runny, leaks, sticks to shirt, promotes odor., September 12, 2014
Wow, what the hell happened? This stuff was the best for years.

I think my subject line really covers it, but for the sake of review...

I've been using Mitchum for men gel for about 8 years or more and it was excellent. The gel went on clean and dried fast and really did it's job well. In fact I had a really hard time finally finding a deodorant/anti-perspirant that actually worked well for me and didn't feel uncomfortable.

Well I just opened the new pack I had under my bathroom sink last week (I always stock ahead via Amazon) and right away something was different.

This new formula is super runny and leaks right out of the container when you tip it. It makes my shirts stick to my skin. And I think it actually generates BO where there was none before!

Really sucks, going to be tough to find a replacement. What were they thinking?

ExOfficio Men's Give-N-Go Boxer Brief,Black,Large
ExOfficio Men's Give-N-Go Boxer Brief,Black,Large
Price: $19.98
8 used & new from $19.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for desk-jockey's and IT people too!, September 6, 2014
I'm not an athlete or a hiker and I don't ride a bike, but these have changed my life and every day comfort. I work in IT support and I ride a desk & chair for long shifts almost every day, sometimes upwards of 18 hours and sometimes can only take short breaks for restroom or food.

As any other long-shift desk-jockey like me can tell you (especially if their chair sucks) - the wrong underwear can result in a really miserable uncomfortable daily experience. Chafing, itching, excess sweat, overall irritation.

Before I discovered these I was strictly a Tommy Hilfiger boxer-brief guy. I tried everything from low cost Hanes to high cost Hilfigers and until I found ExOfficio the only ones that didn't "ride-up" on me were the Hilfigers, which are nice, but the fabric on the Hilfigers is so thick that they generate & retain excess moisture.

These ExOfficios are a total game changer for me! Simply the best boxer briefs I've ever tried.

- Super comfortable, smooth silky feel for no chafing
- Very light, but still keep everything in place
- Way less sweating, way less moisture generation than any other
- Hold their shape and don't "ride-up" on the legs like most others
- Easy wash & quick dry
- Sturdy and long-lasting material that doesn't "thin-out" in crucial spots like most others
- Size is very accurate in my experience (I wear large and have 37" waist)

Yes they're pricey but if you shop wisely you can snag them on here for about $16 with free shipping (and Prime) depending on the color and size you want.

Been replacing all of my others with these gradually over the course of a year whenever I can spare another 16 bucks here & there.

Highly recommend these to my fellow desk-jockeys out there! At least you can keep yourself in comfort while dealing with uncomfortable calls at your helpdesk :-)

Fred and Friends DOOMED Crystal Skull Shotglass
Fred and Friends DOOMED Crystal Skull Shotglass
Offered by M&BOOM
Price: $5.20
74 used & new from $0.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and functional! Look great, price is right!, September 6, 2014
These are an excellent gimmick and fun gift. Quite functional and great for doing a shot with entertainment value.

PROS:
- Look just as cool in person if not better, definitely an unmistakable skull shape
- Lightweight and easy to filll
- Makes for a fun moment , great when used to signify a "special" drink or toast
- Great for lovers of Skull designs and collectors of unique drinkware
- Great price for what you get!

As far as CONS go, I'm listing these but this is being *really picky* and MINOR / TRIVIAL stuff in my opinion:
- The glass is thin and therefore these are delicate. (Handle with care and you'll be fine.)
- If you put them in the dishwasher naturally the underside fills up with water because its hollow. (just rinse them out good and wipe before putting in cabinet).

Simply put - fun, inexpensive, collectible, celebratory, cool item for many reasons / occasions.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9