Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Deals on Tikes
Profile for DigitalMan > Reviews

DigitalMan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 86

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DigitalMan RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Evecase Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Sleeve, Premium Neoprene Sleeve Case Travel Carrying Storage Computer Bag for Dell Inspiron 11 3000 i3148-6840sLV/ i3147-3750sLV / i3137-5003sLV, 3751sLV 11.6-Inch 2 in 1 Convertible Touchscreen Laptop Ulrtabook (Black)
Offered by BlueMall
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Dell Inspiron 11 "2-in-1", November 13, 2015
Absolute perfect fit for Dell Inspiron 3148 (11 inch 2-in-1 laptop).

Fits snug (but not too snug) - just right, with a little room left for some cables or what have you. Easy to slide the system in and out of, but not loose.

Feels very well made. Soft on the inside. Very well cushioned for a sleeve. I would dare say I think this would handle 3 to 4 foot drop with no damage to the system (I wouldn't test that, but I'm just saying - it really feels that protective.

Well worth it!

Skull Shaver Stand
Skull Shaver Stand
Offered by Skull Shaver
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even worth 9 bucks, sadly., November 13, 2015
This review is from: Skull Shaver Stand (Misc.)
You know that feeling in your gut that's telling you this cheap plastic thing is going to disappoint you even for the price? Well.. trust your gut!

I understand we can't expect much for 9 bucks, but this thing is useless.

I own a Bald Eagle Smart shaver for men and this stand doesn't hold it place well at all. The shaver doesn't seat well in it, slides off, cheap light plastic tips over easily with top-heavy shaver on it.

If you want to pay $9 to watch your $130 shaver fall into the sink and blade heads snap off, buy this.

Aquanil HC Lotion 4 fl oz.
Aquanil HC Lotion 4 fl oz.
Offered by BLUE BIRDS
Price: $17.82
12 used & new from $15.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on my seborrheic dermatitis when all else failed!, June 30, 2015
This review is from: Aquanil HC Lotion 4 fl oz. (Misc.)
This stuff is a life-saver. I can't believe I'm able to simply get dressed and go out in public now without worrying about red-spotted inflamed flaking skin around my face and head. I'm a bald guy with a tough case of seborrheic dermatitis (about the face, brow, ears, and scalp) and I've tried a TON of solutions over the years.

Over the past 15 years I've tried prescriptions like Desonide and Avar from my dermatologist, over the counter shampoos with Tea Tree oil and Selenium, extremely mild soaps and lotions like "Simple" and "Eucerin" and many other "solutions".

NONE of it has worked anywhere near as good as this Aquanil HC stuff which I stumbled across on a blog somewhere.

I was thinking "ok here we go again..." ... you know, thinking I'm going to try yet another lotion and it will fail like the rest, but this stuff I'm happy to say is IT! It does an excellent job at curbing my dermatitis, without making my skin burn or flare up with red blotches. It has really made my skin so smooth for the first time in almost 2 decades and I just can't believe it. I can go be with a group of friends now or even just go to the store without hiding behind my sunglasses and thinking everyone is staring at my messed up skin.

I can't believe no doctor or dermatologist ever thought to recommend this to me. Maybe because they knew I wouldn't be back since it works? :-)

If you're reading this right now I know you've probably suffered through years the way I have, and I'm here to tell you - go for it! Really good chance this will work for you!

I'm considering posting my before and after photos to this review soon.

Skull Shaver Rinse Stand
Skull Shaver Rinse Stand
Offered by Skull Shaver
Price: $19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed. Doesn't rinse or clean well., June 30, 2015
This review is from: Skull Shaver Rinse Stand (Misc.)
Disappointed. Doesn't hold enough water or rinse clean.

UPDATE - I wrote the original review below just yesterday June 30th 2015, bought this rinse stand on June 9th, it arrived on June 12th and today the plastic hinges on the plastic chrome piece literally just wore out. Seriously - 3 weeks of use and the hinge wears out / stops clasping properly. (And no, the plastic tabs are not broken, simply not gripping). So the one thing that it was actually good for - using as a stand - is now off list of any pros I could think of. I would NOT recommend this product considering this and the other issues I wrote about below.

Along the lines of what another reviewer wrote; I can confirm the following problems with it:

- Does not do well for cleaning my Bald Eagle Smart shaver. The container is so small that a single rinse doesn't work, and leaves tiny bits of stubble in and on the blades / shaver heads. Using this "rinse stand" requires running through the normal process of rinsing several times, plus also having to rinse / wipe the shaver heads off again.

- Whatever type of plastic they used for the basin simply attracts tiny stubble and it clings to it like glue. There is no such thing as "simply rinsing" with this product. No matter what you do, rinse with cold or hot or even soap, you're not getting the stubble buildup out of this thing without thoroughly wiping it out.

Those might seem like minor inconveniences until you think about this - the idea behind this product was to make the cleaning process of our shaver easier. Instead it does the opposite and simply using a glass of water works a million times better / faster / more efficient. This unit is high-maintenance - the opposite of what we invested in these shavers for.

The only good thing I can say is that it's a nice stand for keeping your shaver at the sink and blades in the air.

Jokari Cocina Collection E-Z Fill Taco Stands, 4-Pack
Jokari Cocina Collection E-Z Fill Taco Stands, 4-Pack
Price: $5.45
9 used & new from $4.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but awesome! Stable on a plate, makes taco time more fun., February 19, 2015
I know we're talking about a simple cheap plastic product here, but what a difference they make for our taco night experience. These are the first stands out of all we've tried that actually stay sitting stable on a plate without tipping over, and it's so much better to line-up and fill several tacos at once without them flopping all over the plate and spilling out. Enables quick filling of your tacos which means you get to the fun part much faster - eating them! :-) Very happy with these, and now our old metal taco rack just sits in the cabinet because these are so much more versatile than a wide wire rack that requires a large plate. Love 'em!

Panasonic ES8103S Arc3 Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Nanotech Blades for Men
Panasonic ES8103S Arc3 Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Nanotech Blades for Men
Price: $62.90
101 used & new from $62.90

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 years of excellent shaves with Panasonic ES8103S, February 19, 2015
I got 5 PERFECT years out of this unit. I purchased my Panasonic ES8103S right here on Amazon in January 2010 and it has worked excellent up until just yesterday February 19, 2015 when it suddenly stopped taking a charge. You do have to replace the outer foils and inner blades about once a year to keep getting a good smooth shave with no tugging and as of the time of this post you can buy the replacement foil/blade set - Panasonic WES9013PC - for about $34. Been very happy with it and like I said - it worked perfectly for 5 years, held charge well, charged fast, shaved great for cordless electric. I'm actually kind of surprised that it just suddenly stopped charging yesterday out of the blue. I've dropped it several times over the past 5 years but not recently. Whether you think 5 years is a good run or not is up to individual opinion. For me - for the price of the unit and yearly foil/blade replacement, it sure saved me a ton of money on traditional blades and has been a very convenient / quick part of my daily grooming, so I'm not too disappointed in the 5 year span I got from it.

FACE / NECK SHAVING EXPERIENCE - I use this for dry shaving my face and neck with no pre-shave products, and it only took about a week for my skin to get used to it. During the first week of use I did get some minor irritation on my neck area under chin and around adam's apple, but after that it was smooth sailing. It gives a smooth shave as close as you can for an electric. Fast, light, and comfortable. Just be sure to replace the foil/blade every 12 months which you can get here on Amazon - kit Panasonic WES9013PC.

TRIMMER EXPERIENCE - The trimmer on this Panasonic ES8103S is VERY small (but also very sharp) and in my experience easy to make a mistake with. I personally find the trimmer on this too small and awkward for trimming around my beard/mustache. I've resorted to buying a wider cordless trimmer with "guides" to use in addition to this. As a shaver this unit is great, but for me personally the trimmer on it is placed in too awkward of a spot to trim with because the tiny trimmer sticks out of the side which makes it very hard to see exactly what I'm trimming with it.

FOR BALD HEAD / SKULL SHAVING - I shave my head bald and and from my experience - it's great for face, but NOT so great for top of head / skull. Some reviewers here say it works good on their skull so I guess this is subjective to individual skin / hair types. If you want a good cordless shaver for both head and face, check out the Bald Eagle by Skull Shaver here on Amazon. While this Panasonic ES8103S gives a better face / neck shave under the chin, the Skull Shaver Bald Eagle does a better job for skull / entire head (especially for getting around ears and easily reaching around to do back of head and neck). If you do decide to get this Panasonic ES8103S and plan to use it on a bald head, then be prepared to by replacement foils/blades every 6 months because top of head stubble is tough and will dull the Panasonic ES8103S blades quickly.

CHARGING and OTHER FEATURES - This thing charges FAST and held the charge well over past 5 years of daily use. The LED indicator is very easy to read and makes it very obvious how much charge you have left. I only have to charge it about once a week and the shave is great all the way down to 10% of battery charge. The unit is very lightweight and the rubber grip is comfortable to hold at all angles. The ability to lock the head or switch it to pivot mode comes in handy for different areas of neck and face. The buttons to pop the foil cover off and dump stubble / rinse the blades are easy to press and make your daily routine quick & simple!

OVERALL - You can't go wrong with this shaver for fast dry close face/neck shave. It's reliable, portable, comfortable, high quality, and super easy to clean / super easy to replace the foil and blade. I will not hesitate to buy another and I definitely recommend it!

The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most fun and entertaining movies ever made, even 20 years later!, January 31, 2015
There are already so many complex in-depth reviews about very detailed aspects of this film that I've decided to take a chance on a different approach since I'm just now posting this review in 2015, many years after it has been reviewed thousands of times.

Here goes...

I'm not one to watch a movie more than once. I don't collect DVD's and for whatever reason I just don't care to watch the same movie over and over.

But THIS movie I've watched more than a dozen times over the past 16+ years since it debuted! Not even intentionally!

It is SO much fun and entertaining that if I happen to be flipping through channels and it's on, I simply get sucked right into it and can't stop, have to watch it to the end again!

Packed with action, humor, sci-fi goodness, impossible situations, gunfights, chases, a slight touch of love, and even an amazing musical / vocal performance from blue alien woman... and amazing graphics for it's time, almost 20 YEARS LATER this movie STILL stands up to just about anything still coming to the screen (and even still surpasses over half of the flicks of it's kind released in recent times).

No offense to anyone at all, but I just can't imagine someone not absolutely 100% totally enjoying this awesome flick! Personally I consider an all-time top charting sci-fi "must see". I wish every movie was this entertaining. :-)

Tamarac by Slippers International 7161 Men's Camper Moccasin,Tan,10 M US
Tamarac by Slippers International 7161 Men's Camper Moccasin,Tan,10 M US
Price: $33.95
4 used & new from $33.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but size runs small and NARROW, December 29, 2014
The overall value for the price (I paid approx $28 here on Amazon) for these great. Plenty of good things to say, but a few critiques...

One thing worth mentioning right up-front - IF YOU HAVE WIDE FEET like me then you'll find that these are very narrow and will feel very tight when you first put them on. But I took a chance that they would stretch and sure enough, after wearing them around the house for just a few days they do indeed stretch enough to fit my feet comfortably.

They also seem to run a bit short on length compared to other similar footwear.

When I received mine I was worried that I'd have to return them and search for something else, but I took a chance and exchanged them for the next size up and it worked out fine. Exchanging for one size larger than I would normally wear took care of the length issue and then wearing them for several days took care of the width issue as they quickly stretched to fit width.

They do seem to have a strong synthetic scent right from the start which I'm hoping will fade in time. (One suggestion I received and will try is to sprinkle baking soda inside them and let them sit for a day or two without wearing them and then tamping the backing soda out before starting to wear them again).

As others have mentioned, the "laces" or "ties" do feel rigid and come undone. Unless you're a knot-wizard (clearly I'm not) it's very hard to figure out how to tie them back in place the way they were. It's not a normal tie / knot that is used, and so right now I have one moc that is tied perfect and the tie stays in place, while the other that I tried tying like a normal shoe just keeps coming undone. Annoying, but doesn't have much overall effect as far as wear and comfort for me.

Now, comparing them to the much more expensive LL Bean's I've had for a couple years:

- They are more snug than the LLB's , which is not a deal-breaker for me and they do stretch / loosen up a bit after some wear.

- The don't feel quite as soft as the LLB's - just slightly less luxurious feeling, but still fine and not a big deal

- The outer bottom / sole on these have a slightly stiffer / plastic feel , whereas the expensive LLB's outer sole is a distinguishably softer rubber. Again, not a big issue, but these do make more noise when walking around on linoleum or wood floors (which I only bring up because I'm up and around the house at odd hours when wife is sleeping so I have found myself trying to step a bit lighter in the kitchen late at night).

- The laces on these feel like a thick rigid fake naugahyde and difficult to re-tie, whereas the laces on my LLB's are softer more natural feeling, not quite as think and easier to re-tie to stay in place.

- Considering the price difference (at the time I purchased, these were $20 cheaper than the LLB's I'm comparing to) I think these stand up fairly well in comparison and are priced right.

OVERALL SUMMARY - Very good slipper mocs for the $25 - $35 (total) price range, plenty sturdy for indoor and outdoor wear, warm and comfy once broken-in. Only minor issues if we're being picky for sake of the review, but definitely a good value. If I was going to spend more than $35 then I'd go for a pair of LL Bean's instead, but for under $30 these are quite good!

Tenergy Centura AAA Low Self-Discharge LSD NiMH Rechargeable Batteries, 1 Card 4xAAA
Offered by Battery Superstore
Price: $6.98
3 used & new from $6.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't work or charge in Sennheiser RS120 Wireless Headphones, October 26, 2014
Purchased these for our Sennheiser RS120 Wireless Headphones and they will not work or charge in the headphones in the charging stand.

The batteries themselves do work for some devices - I tested them in our TV remote and they work in that with no problem.

So I tested some other brands of rechargeable batteries (Energizer rechargeable and GP) in our Sennheiser RS120 Wireless Headphones and both other brands work fine.

Really disappointed and baffled that these don't work in one of the most common headphone sets in existance :-(

Motorola Eco Friendly Dual Port USB Charger Bulk Packaging (Black)
Motorola Eco Friendly Dual Port USB Charger Bulk Packaging (Black)
Offered by OrionDeals
Price: $7.39
12 used & new from $3.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for multiple devices, fits nicely on a power strip without hogging space., October 3, 2014

- Fits very nicely on most modern power strips and outlets without blocking access to adjacent plugs.

- Perfectly charges all of my Motorola devices including several models of Droid (Droid MAXX, RAZR MAXX, MAXX HD etc...) and also my Motorola Bluetooth headsets.

- Charge two devices at once.

- I've used it for charging other brands and devices - everything from other mobile devices and headsets to e-cig vaporizers etc...

- None!