Profile for LG > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LG RSS Feed (Nevada)

Page: 1 | 2
Sony SELP1650 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens
Sony SELP1650 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens
Price: $298.00
30 used & new from $130.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Sub-par kit lens, December 23, 2012
I've had relatively good success with kit lenses, knowing not to expect stellar performance. But the Sony E-mount 16-50 Power Zoom was very disappointing. I used it on a Sony NEX-6.

I liked using the lens, it's small, light and very convenient. But that's where it ended for me. At (and near) the wide end it appears the correction for the severe distortion causes very poor resolution away from the center of the image. From the middle of the focal range (30mm) and beyond the image quality improves. However even at those ranges I was not terribly impressed.

At it's best, the image quality was narrowly better than the comparison images I shot with my high-end small sensor compact. With the impressive sensor in the NEX-6, good glass is needed to extract the full potential. Sony zooms are not there yet.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2013 6:53 PM PDT

Panasonic 45-200mm f/4.0-5.6 Lumix G Vario MEGA OIS Zoom Micro Four Thirds Lens for Panasonic and Olympus Micro Four Thirds Cameras
Price: $269.00
28 used & new from $199.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of things right with the lens, but IQ is disappointing, June 16, 2012
The title states my experience pretty well. The lens is light and has a nice feel to it. The build quality is very good. The focal length is quite useful, possibly all that most people will need in a telephoto zoom. The issues arise with IQ. It's not a dud but don't expect much. You nearly always get what you pay for, and this lens is no exception. I didn't keep mine, the IQ was just not up to my standards.

Acase (TM) Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 100% Genuine Leather EZ Carry Case with 3 in 1 built in Stand for Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi ONLY (BLACK)
Offered by Digital Media Source
Price: $14.95
5 used & new from $10.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, not perfect, September 2, 2011
Very nice quality. It does the job nicely, has a very nice quality feel and the magnetic closure is very useful. Two complaints: One is that you can't charge the tablet with the case closed. That's not a big deal for me. The second one is that for the tablet to be used on your lap (folded, raised section away from you) the tablet is upside down. Many apps only work in the right-side-up configuration. This is a bit annoying.

SanDisk 8GB Extreme SDHC Class 10 High Performance Memory Card (SDSDX3-008G-P31)
Offered by OMAGEAR
Price: $25.98
9 used & new from $12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets, December 27, 2010
This is about as fast as a card gets at this time. And SanDisk is arguably the most reliable media available. I've never had one fail.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 10.1 MP Digital Camera with 3.8x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD - White
6 used & new from $200.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Odd color cast, November 23, 2010
The images from my LX5 all had a strange color cast to them. The colors were the same on the LCD as well as on my calibrated monitor. It was unacceptable to me and I returned the camera.

The finish on the camera was very good and I liked the features it had. I was not crazy about the ergonomics. My hands are average size and it never felt comfortable. It's too big to be called pocketable but too small to have a substantial feel to it.

I'm very pleased with another Panasonic model I just bought, but the LX5 just doesn't hit the mark for me.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2011 8:20 PM PDT

VideoSecu 24" Long Arm TV Wall Mount Low Profile Full Motion Cantilever Swing & Tilt wall bracket for most 22" to 55" LED LCD TV Monitor Flat Panel Screen VESA 200x200 400x400 up to 600x400mm - Articulating Arm Extend up to 24" MAH
Offered by Warehouseseller
Price: $26.99
7 used & new from $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, at any price, September 30, 2010
I mounted this in my RV and it holds a 26" LCD TV / DVD combo. Installation was very easy and the mount works GREAT! I was prepared to pay 5 times the price for a mount that would work as I wanted. I couldn't be happier.

Hardball: How Politics Is Played, Told by One Who Knows the Game
Hardball: How Politics Is Played, Told by One Who Knows the Game
by Christopher Matthews
Price: $12.91
393 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, June 23, 2009
Reads like it was written by a seven year old. Don't waste your money and time.

Canon Powershot SX10IS 10MP Digital Camera with 20x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom
16 used & new from $73.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant surprise, June 13, 2009
I was hesitant to buy since my S3IS and S5IS both disappointed me with regards to IQ. I was very surprised to see the results from the SX10. I took about 20 identical shots with it and my G10, same settings, both jpeg. Even at the pixel level I was unable to see a difference in quality. I'm impressed.

Pentax DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL II Lens for Pentax and Samsung Digital SLR Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good optics for a value-priced lens, June 13, 2008
A noticeable improvement over the first edition of this lens. Lightweight and small and the optics stand up to the much higher priced lenses. I recommend this lens to anyone interested in a great lightweight walk-around zoom.

Canon PowerShot G9 12.1MP Digital Camera with 6x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom
Canon PowerShot G9 12.1MP Digital Camera with 6x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom
25 used & new from $146.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent small camera for the advanced photographer, October 22, 2007
I was disappointed in the G7 but I've found the G9 has noticeably better IQ as well as other worthwhile improvements. It is not a simple point & shoot in spite of it's size. Advanced photographers will appreciate the features packed in the G9.

Page: 1 | 2