Profile for dkap > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

dkap RSS Feed (Washington, DC area)

'2" CeramicTi® Tourmaline Spring Iron MODEL 2111'
'2" CeramicTi® Tourmaline Spring Iron MODEL 2111'
Offered by USA BEAUTY
Price: $35.67
26 used & new from $29.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Works great when it works, March 5, 2013
I bought this as a Christmas present for my wife. It just stopped working. Smoke started coming from the on/off switch and now it won't turn on. It seemed to work just fine until then but it would get pretty expensive to have to buy a new one every 2 or 3 months.

Observing the Sun with Coronado(TM) Telescopes (The Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series)
by Philip Pugh
Price: $26.45
82 used & new from $20.89

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent refence guide, July 9, 2009
I just purchased a "double-stacked" MaxScope 40 and was looking for tips on how to tune it and the interaction between the two filters, but I couldn't find that type of practical information in the book. The book does have a page on double-stacking, but says nothing about which filter to tune first and what to look for when tuning the filter. Also, since chapters are written by different people, it seems that the same information is repeated several times throughout the book, especially in the accessories section for each. Additionally, as was pointed out in another review, a new manufacturer named Lunt is directly competing with Coronado. Until this book may be revised to include that new line of scopes, it really isn't a complete guide to what you can get. So, I recommend this book as a reference, but was a bit disappointed by the lack of certain types practical information in using the scope.

Magellan Triton 400 Waterproof Hiking GPS
Magellan Triton 400 Waterproof Hiking GPS
10 used & new from $75.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually, not so bad, May 15, 2008
I probably wouldn't have purchased this unit, but I had an Explorist 500 that wasn't working right and even though it was out of warranty, Magellan gave me the Triton 400 as a replacement. I also got the National Geographic Weekend 3D map for my area. I got the map to load, although it was slow. It's a neat map topographically, but I use the Triton on my bicycle and the map doesn't list all the street names. Also, it was last updated in 1981 for portions of the covered area, so it's woefully out of date. However, I found on Magellan's website step by step instructions for loading the Mapsend TOPO 3D disks that I got with the Explorist. I tried that it it worked great. So I now have good street maps loaded and the unit seems to be working just fine. Picks up satellites quickly. I'm still waiting for the firmware update to allow you to turn tracks into trails but found that any trails I try to create still turn up as blue paths on the map. The firmware update promises to allow different options for creating these things, but it would have been nice if they got all this together before releasing the product. So, far, so good, though. I haven't experienced the lockup that's been talked about.